Author Topic: [GB] GMK SLASHER | Closed for the Fall  (Read 154785 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [GB] GMK SLASHER | Closed for the Fall
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 11 October 2023, 20:00:14 »
Important information regarding anyone who joined from Project Keyboard. Please read here - https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/175gyrg/important_information_regarding_project_keyboard/.

Thank you very much!

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 12 October 2023, 07:01:28 »
Was anybody successful in getting a chargeback for PK?

Also, thank you for doing this Novelkeys!

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 13 October 2023, 06:52:25 »
Well damn. Between Project Keyboard AND mechs&co going dark and screwing me out of 3 GBs, I think I'm tapping out for a while. All I wanted was a red on black goth set. :(

Maybe it's actually time to retire the GB model as we know it.

I'm on the same boat.

GMK Slasher
GMK Terror Below
GMK Tako
GMK Daifuku
GMK Bordeaux

Luckily, Cannonkeys stepped on for Terror Below and it appears Novelkeys will be doing the same for Tako. Dangkeebs is another vendor to keep an eye out. They are starting to show signs of possible exit scamming. They kept delaying Daifuku shipment due to "GMK withholding shipment/shipment confirmation". Now they are saying they didn't get novelties for the set. They also printed shipping labels, I guess to keep people from going through dispute, but those orders have been stuck with Label Created for weeks for some. This is all while all other vendors fulfilled Daifuku months ago.

For Slasher, I think Ashkeebs may step in to help US orders.

**** like this is starting to make me dislike GMK. They are the ones responsible in creating this mess. They could simply have a queue limit that allows for shorter than 1 year fulfillment, but they are greedy and allow sets to be queued for years! They also have the audacity to sell us our sets back at a "discount", which is crazy because Novelkeys and ZFrontier periodically have sales for lower than the price that GMK claims is with zero profits.

Disagree with the statement that's it's all GMKs fault. For instance, Mykeyboard.eu is in some deep **** too but precisely because they ordered too much of extras and are having now some hard times to pay for it (they were too greedy with a short term vision of the market unlike some more wise vendors). Maybe they're next on the list of AWOLs. The GMK model is surely not the best but they actually managed to shorten the waiting line drastically : 18 sets has been delivered in September alone, 3 times more that 2 years ago in one month period.

I agree, it is not GMK's fault for a couple of reasons:
1.- They are a manufacturing company not business advisors.
2.- They have consistently been working to improve their whole operation, shortening delivery times and even putting another premium line out there in conjunction with a beloved designer such as Matt3o.

I used to like to s*t on GMK too, but truth be told, I consider them a solid and respectable cap producer, no questions about it for me.

Over-provisioning has been poison to most vendors, and sadly Mechs & Co. and Project Keyboards overestimated their financial capacity and it blew on their face. If anything I condemn them for not being open about their f*k ups, asking for help reducing their stock and debt, and just plainly being stupid at handling their company. I know hindsight is a b*ch, but they had time, they did not fall from sunset to sunrise.

I only had good things to say about Dangkeebs, I used to be a good customer of them and always liked how they managed their business. That said, I only got on the Astro Neko deskmat GB, and mostly purchased switches from them, so I cross my fingers they are doing fine.

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 13 October 2023, 15:58:38 »
Well damn. Between Project Keyboard AND mechs&co going dark and screwing me out of 3 GBs, I think I'm tapping out for a while. All I wanted was a red on black goth set. :(

Maybe it's actually time to retire the GB model as we know it.

I'm on the same boat.

GMK Slasher
GMK Terror Below
GMK Tako
GMK Daifuku
GMK Bordeaux

Luckily, Cannonkeys stepped on for Terror Below and it appears Novelkeys will be doing the same for Tako. Dangkeebs is another vendor to keep an eye out. They are starting to show signs of possible exit scamming. They kept delaying Daifuku shipment due to "GMK withholding shipment/shipment confirmation". Now they are saying they didn't get novelties for the set. They also printed shipping labels, I guess to keep people from going through dispute, but those orders have been stuck with Label Created for weeks for some. This is all while all other vendors fulfilled Daifuku months ago.

For Slasher, I think Ashkeebs may step in to help US orders.

**** like this is starting to make me dislike GMK. They are the ones responsible in creating this mess. They could simply have a queue limit that allows for shorter than 1 year fulfillment, but they are greedy and allow sets to be queued for years! They also have the audacity to sell us our sets back at a "discount", which is crazy because Novelkeys and ZFrontier periodically have sales for lower than the price that GMK claims is with zero profits.

Disagree with the statement that's it's all GMKs fault. For instance, Mykeyboard.eu is in some deep **** too but precisely because they ordered too much of extras and are having now some hard times to pay for it (they were too greedy with a short term vision of the market unlike some more wise vendors). Maybe they're next on the list of AWOLs. The GMK model is surely not the best but they actually managed to shorten the waiting line drastically : 18 sets has been delivered in September alone, 3 times more that 2 years ago in one month period.

I agree, it is not GMK's fault for a couple of reasons:
1.- They are a manufacturing company not business advisors.
2.- They have consistently been working to improve their whole operation, shortening delivery times and even putting another premium line out there in conjunction with a beloved designer such as Matt3o.

I used to like to s*t on GMK too, but truth be told, I consider them a solid and respectable cap producer, no questions about it for me.

Over-provisioning has been poison to most vendors, and sadly Mechs & Co. and Project Keyboards overestimated their financial capacity and it blew on their face. If anything I condemn them for not being open about their f*k ups, asking for help reducing their stock and debt, and just plainly being stupid at handling their company. I know hindsight is a b*ch, but they had time, they did not fall from sunset to sunrise.

I only had good things to say about Dangkeebs, I used to be a good customer of them and always liked how they managed their business. That said, I only got on the Astro Neko deskmat GB, and mostly purchased switches from them, so I cross my fingers they are doing fine.

The sad reality is Mechs and Co really didn't do anything out of the ordinary when it comes to how they went out of business. We see it come to light in this industry probably more because of how transparent the process generally is.

In other industries, let's take a big name restaurant in your home town for example. When they close down, all the end consumer knows is that they closed down. What we don't see behind the scenes is how many suppliers they scammed along the process. For the most part GMK was one of only a few suppliers we had access to across the pandemic. Restaurants have the luxury of ordering big through one supplier, never paying them for the 2-3 months they might have a credit line through, and then simply changing suppliers and continuing the process. By the time it catches up to them they might have 2 dozen creditors they owe - and each one of them could be SOL.

Business can be a ***** sometimes..

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 08 November 2023, 14:00:52 »
The Base kit and one of the mats are now (8th of November 2023) available on the DailyClack.

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 13 November 2023, 15:15:09 »
Can anyone post photos of their set here ?

Offline ej6

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 30 January 2024, 15:08:13 »
Got my GMK Slasher yesterday, it's looking good.

In comparison with GMK stock colors N9/CR from GMK Sky Modo.
Instagram: Azi Keycaps | ej6.kb

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 30 January 2024, 16:17:51 »
Show Image

Show Image

where did you order yours from?

Offline ej6

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 30 January 2024, 17:18:21 »
where did you order yours from?

Ashkeebs
Instagram: Azi Keycaps | ej6.kb

Offline Kuj0

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 28 February 2024, 04:45:50 »
Yet another Salvun I’ve been screwed out of because of a collapsing vendor.🫠

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 28 February 2024, 14:44:55 »
Show Image

Show Image

Slasher did come out fire! Trying to hold off grabbing a set since I really don't got the extra loot right now. Also I see GMK Toxic peeking out back there, love that colorway!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 20:43:48 »
See GMK's statment regarding MyKeyboard.EU orders - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=122776.0