Author Topic: [GB] Duck Keyboard Weights: Viper/ Eagle, LSv3, Jetfire and TC-V3  (Read 53834 times)

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
Welcome one, welcome all. Duck keyboard lovers, collectors, hoarders... come on in. This GB will offer brass weights- engraved or raw (tumbled) brass to fit the four most recent keyboards made by Duck.

FYI, Interest Check Thread here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=95953.msg2618288#msg2618288

IMPORTANT: For the Viper/ Eagle and the TC-V3 weights you have a choice to make on the desired graphic for the weights. I will only run one engraved version for each weight. There is a not-insignificant set-up fee for the engraving, so for cost and simplicity we will end up with one engraved version of each weight. However, as a result of feedback in the IC, there are two options for the Viper/ Eagle and the TC-V3 on the order form. On the order form, please select the engraved weight design you like best if you plan to purchase an engraved weight for that board. Simple majority wins on the voting. If the design you prefer does not win and you wish to change to the un-engraved option, we can do that.

Without further ado, here are your brass weight options for most pleasant keyboard happiness:

Viper/ Eagle

NEW Graphic Option:

OLD Graphic Option:

Lightsaver v3 (LSv3)

Jetfire

TC-V3

NEW Graphic Option:

OLD Graphic Option:

UPDATE: I can also run Orion v2 and Blackbird weights!! They will not have a graphic, but I have the files, they are available. Message me/ fill out the form if you're interested.

Details

Once again, many thanks to my friend Gaiden for the assist on the graphics for all of these. He did a freaking awesome job and I can't thank him enough!

PRICE:
$65 engraved (edit: + PP fees... always forget about that!)
$35 plain brass (+ PP fees)

Price: is the same for all weights. I was a little surprised by this, but the material difference isn't enough to change pricing much at all. The manufacturer I'm going with quoted the quantity across all the weights for one price, so I'll do the same here. There is still a small chance the price could come down a little as we go if the quantity is really high but I feel good about being able to execute the GB at these prices. If possible, I'll refund everyone a few bucks. The plain brass will be a tumbled finish- uncoated and unpolished. The engraved weights will be polished.

TIMELINE: This group buy will be open for at least two weeks from the time of approval. I will target placing the order the week of July 16 and assuming all goes well I expect to be shipping these by the second week of August. Fwiw, I'm doing everything here in the US. I did investigate overseas manufacturing, but I really like the folks I'm working with for the weights and the engraving, so I feel more confident doing everything here and think it's worth a little extra $.

SHIPPING: will either invoice shipping later or do it all all at one time- not sure yet. (edit at time of GB posting: still unsure about this. I'll work on it as soon as I get back to the US and obviously sort out a plan before sending invoices.) If I feel good about estimating shipping and doing it all with one invoice, I'd prefer that instead of sending shipping invoices separately later on. TBD... Will ship internationally, but will definitely have to quote that case-by-case. That could get expensive- sorry international peeps.

I am not sure whether these weights will fit earlier versions (Viper/ Eagle v1, LSv2) of these boards. My hunch is that they will, but if anyone would like to measure and evaluate with me, I'm happy to share sizes of the weights we will be making here.

Miscellanei

I am trying to get an option together for Orion boards. Cannot confirm yet and I wanted to open the buy, but I'll announce asap whether this will be possible or not. If you want an Orion weight, please fill out the form and let me know. It will most likely just be an un-engraved option.

I've had a couple of inquires about custom engraving. I'm happy to offer it, but the cost will be ~$70 additional. PM me if you'd like to explore this as an option.

Speaking of that- please feel free to reach out anytime by PM here on GH or Discord (preferred). I'm smittysteve on all platforms, so should be easy to find. Can also email me at smlsmith9@gmail.com.

Thanks very much for reading and considering joining the GB. I will update throughout the process and I really look forward to getting these weights together for us all. I mentioned somewhere in the IC, but I am absolutely a customer of this GB as well and will make sure this turns out awesome for us all!  :) :thumb:

(edit) Screws will be included to hold it in the case. Keep forgetting that bit!

GB ORDER FORM: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScYxT9pFlBQUyW8mmPEYDhGc3F8UUTD_b0aGH_u97CZQxYyFw/viewform?usp=sf_link

DESIGN VOTING UPDATE 7/12/18:

Eagle/ Viper is really close... Separated by one vote, the old design is winning.

TC-V3 will be the new weight design- it's slaughtering the old by about 2x.

UPDATE: ORDERS WILL CLOSE SUNDAY NIGHT. If the form is still up, your order will be taken.

Confirmation emails sent... invoicing will start now.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 July 2018, 18:54:45 by smittysteve »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Re: [GB] Duck Keyboard Weights: Viper/ Eagle, LSv3, Jetfire and TC-V3
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:29:18 »
Approval bump  :thumb:
For any group buy participants, please read through this post.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:32:03 »
nice

glwgb
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline eddible

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:38:34 »
These look great and I'd love one to complete my lightsaver. I'm in the UK though, can you advise how heavy these are so I can estimate the postage?

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:47:14 »
Please give more money to iMav to unlock this post
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 11:51:01 by clasicks »

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:54:23 »
Sent a PM pertaining to shipping.

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 11:12:02 »
Awesome. Thank you!

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 11:23:12 »
Sent a PM pertaining to shipping.
Awesome have been waiting to get some brass weights for the Ducks lol Thanks yo

Offline Krona

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 13:18:35 »
Order submitted

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 13:41:30 »
Could you clarify what the finish will be for the engraved weights?  Are these polished? Or are they also (raw) tumbled?  Is there a sample of the finish(es) that you could share?

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 13:52:40 »
Could you clarify what the finish will be for the engraved weights?  Are these polished? Or are they also (raw) tumbled?  Is there a sample of the finish(es) that you could share?

Thanks for the question- I should add that above. The engraved will also be mirror polished. I don't have a sample handy, but it will be a lot like the finish we ended up with for the Blackbird weights Merlin ran. Mine is at work and I'm headed to Colorado for the week. If anyone has it that can post, that would be awesome.

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 14:06:17 »
Joined for 2!

Offline smittysteve

Offline Eggplant

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 14:54:04 »
In!

Thanks for running this, can't wait!

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 23:30:56 »
In!

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 06:40:02 »
I’m in for TCv3

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 07:16:55 »
In for TC-V3.
By any chance, can we get prior quote for Int'l shipping beforehand? If int'l shipping is too pricey I really would like to use int'l freight forwarder service instead.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 10:27:06 »
In for TC-V3.
By any chance, can we get prior quote for Int'l shipping beforehand? If int'l shipping is too pricey I really would like to use int'l freight forwarder service instead.

Yes, thanks for the question. I will get some US and international shipping estimates this week and add to the thread.

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 00:53:49 »
Joined for 1 viper and 1 TC-v3, thanks for the running the buy :thumb:
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline LeoShi

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 04:00:40 »
in for one lightsaver  :))

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 00:19:01 »
Are you sending out invoices soon?

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 08:34:25 »
Been out in the woods camping and exploring all over Colorado with the fam for a few days... fun to play tourist back in the place you grew up and share some cool places with the kids! :)

Back to civilization now, showered the campfire off and ready to get these beauties made. A few updates:

I'm going to make another mm post today to make sure everyone who wants one can join and then close the GB next Wednesday the 18th.

Invoices will start going out this afternoon and I'll post here when those are all sent. It will take me a few days as it's still vacation time here. All invoices will be due August 1 and I will place the order with the vendor then. I have been in steady contact with them and all is well- material is ordered and ready to go on their side. I expect a pretty quick turnaround on the brass and then it will be on to polishing/ engraving. Those that chose raw/ tumbled brass should be shipped by the end of August. Engraved will not be far behind.

Have a good one and thanks for participating in this buy!

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 20:46:02 »
oh wow finally :o

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 10:15:28 »
Haven't seen an invoice, have they gone out yet?

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 10:35:56 »

I also didn't get one yet.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 11:23:57 »

I also didn't get one yet.
They sent an email to confirm the orders and said that the invoices should be out by the end of this week.

Offline smittysteve

[GB] Duck Keyboard Weights: Viper/ Eagle, LSv3, Jetfire and TC-V3
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 11:41:53 »
Hi All,

Some updates:

Correct, I’m about two thirds sending order confirmation emails to everyone. Remember that pathological optimism... maybe should have just posted an order check spreadsheet. But I like the chance to reach out to everyone and say hi. Bear with me, I’m committed at this point.

Invoices will follow- really do plan to have them all out by Sunday night. I’ll post when those are complete.

In the meantime, the vendor is making me some SS samples so I can check fit on at least the three boards I have. Running with thin safety net, so I do not want a gotcha when a box o’brass arrives. I’ll post pics when I see the steel.

Thanks for everyone joining this GB. If you’re on the fence I’ll close orders this weekend, but as long as the order form is up, you’re in.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 July 2018, 14:01:21 by smittysteve »

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
  • Because You Need the Feels...
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 13:59:58 »
Steve,

Please make one for the Blackbird that has an image of the SR71.

Sincerely yours,

YOUR BOY HONCH0

Seriously, this is an awesome project!

Offline typischt

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 14:17:42 »
Is the weight for the TC-V3 going to be inside the case? Sorry if obvious.. :)

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 14:56:51 »
Is the weight for the TC-V3 going to be inside the case? Sorry if obvious.. :)

No worries- it’s not obvious. And a little different really. Many weights do show through to the bottom of the board (TGR, TX, LZ, Noxary...), but the Duck boards do not. They are only internal, fastened with screws. It’s a bit of a shame, because the graphics are pretty bad ass (if I do sayso myself)... But I will say, I get a smile out of seeing the polished, engraved Blackbird weight each time I open the case, so I do personally get some enjoyment out of the engraved weights.

I should also say (and add to main post), I’m probably going to order one extra of each one, just in case, but not planning to have extras, really. Get ‘em now while the gettin’s good.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 14:58:00 »
Steve,

Please make one for the Blackbird that has an image of the SR71.

Sincerely yours,

YOUR BOY HONCH0

Seriously, this is an awesome project!

Thanks for the support, my friend!!

And let’s talk... we just may be able to make a SR-71 happen!!

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 21:18:38 »
Hi All,

Working through the last third of order confirmations... we're getting there.

It's 11th hour, but wanted to let everyone know, Duck very kindly gave me the file for Orion v2... I can run those if anyone wants. Blackbird too. No graphics on those, but if you want plain brass for Orion of Blackbird, send me a message if you've already filled out a form or fill out the form if that would be your first order.

Offline typischt

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 03:09:58 »
Sent an order with some questions about shipping costs  even though I‘m not sure if orders are still accepted.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 09:40:55 »
So, lost yesterday a bit with family adventures. On a plane now, traveling for the day, but using bored hotel time tonight for the last chunk of order checking and then starting to invoice. Sorry, order checking has taken me WAY longer than I expected. Next time maybe a spreadsheet but I really appreciate the fast responses from everyone and the chance to chat just a little.

Orders are still open as long as the form is up. Test fit pieces are in production. We’re moving along. Thanks for bearing with me. :)

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 11:11:34 »
So, lost yesterday a bit with family adventures. On a plane now, traveling for the day, but using bored hotel time tonight for the last chunk of order checking and then starting to invoice. Sorry, order checking has taken me WAY longer than I expected. Next time maybe a spreadsheet but I really appreciate the fast responses from everyone and the chance to chat just a little.

Orders are still open as long as the form is up. Test fit pieces are in production. We’re moving along. Thanks for bearing with me. :)
I'm just happy you are at least providing updates pretty frequently  :thumb:

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 18:53:19 »
UPDATES 7-27-18

All order confirmation emails are out. That took way longer than I thought it would, but it was fun getting to say hello to so many nice folks even briefly. :) And thanks for the speedy replies, very helpful. If you have not received an order confirmation email from me, please check spam, etc or message me here, email, Reddit or Discord (smittysteve on all platforms). I have tried to contact everyone in the method indicated on the form, but there were a few cases I forgot to look or emailed while GH was having issues yesterday. I've been focused on getting the confirmations out, so there are a few messages to me I haven't returned yet, sorry. Will get to those asap.

Orders will close Sunday night. Know there are a few still mulling, so again, as long as the form is up, the order will be taken.

Now that confirmations are out, I'll start invoicing tonight. Again, I'll go as quickly as possible and will keep everyone updated here. Don't sweat if you don't have an invoice tonight.

Logistics:
Stainless steel prototypes have been ordered for all weights and I'll check those in the three boards that I do have. I'll share pics when I have them, just for fun. Should see those maybe the 6th or 7th.

I have been working with the brass polishing shop and am really happy with their work. If you have an un-engraved weight but would like to add a mirror polish to it, I can probably do that for like another $5 or $8 (have to do the math). I didn't have that as an option when ordering, but think I should be able to get you that if you would so desire. Hold tight for now- I'll post a form or something for that so I don't miss messages if/ when that becomes an option.

The engraving folks are also ready to go. I'm getting them the graphics next week so they can get the setup work done. Not that interesting, but certainly even in a "little" GB like this one, there are a fair amount of things to wrangle.

Thanks again for the support and kind words. Have a great weekend.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention, NEW Eagle/ Viper design won (8-5) as did the NEW TC-V3 design (19-6). I've asked in the confirmation emails, but if that changes your order, just let me know. :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 July 2018, 18:56:34 by smittysteve »

Offline Sshimosawa

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 20:44:16 »
This is how a gb is done. Thx bud.

Offline profanum429

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 20:46:21 »
UPDATES 7-27-18

All order confirmation emails are out. That took way longer than I thought it would, but it was fun getting to say hello to so many nice folks even briefly. :) And thanks for the speedy replies, very helpful. If you have not received an order confirmation email from me, please check spam, etc or message me here, email, Reddit or Discord (smittysteve on all platforms). I have tried to contact everyone in the method indicated on the form, but there were a few cases I forgot to look or emailed while GH was having issues yesterday. I've been focused on getting the confirmations out, so there are a few messages to me I haven't returned yet, sorry. Will get to those asap.

Orders will close Sunday night. Know there are a few still mulling, so again, as long as the form is up, the order will be taken.

Now that confirmations are out, I'll start invoicing tonight. Again, I'll go as quickly as possible and will keep everyone updated here. Don't sweat if you don't have an invoice tonight.

Logistics:
Stainless steel prototypes have been ordered for all weights and I'll check those in the three boards that I do have. I'll share pics when I have them, just for fun. Should see those maybe the 6th or 7th.

I have been working with the brass polishing shop and am really happy with their work. If you have an un-engraved weight but would like to add a mirror polish to it, I can probably do that for like another $5 or $8 (have to do the math). I didn't have that as an option when ordering, but think I should be able to get you that if you would so desire. Hold tight for now- I'll post a form or something for that so I don't miss messages if/ when that becomes an option.

The engraving folks are also ready to go. I'm getting them the graphics next week so they can get the setup work done. Not that interesting, but certainly even in a "little" GB like this one, there are a fair amount of things to wrangle.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention, NEW Eagle/ Viper design won (8-5) as did the NEW TC-V3 design (19-6). I've asked in the confirmation emails, but if that changes your order, just let me know. :)

Whoa, did I miss a stainless option? I'd love to get both a brass and stainless (depending on price of course ;))

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 21:14:01 »
UPDATES 7-27-18

Logistics:

EDIT:

Whoa, did I miss a stainless option? I'd love to get both a brass and stainless (depending on price of course ;))

No, thought about it, but running so many boards, I wanted to limit complexity a little.  Sorry. If you really want one, send me a message and I can get you a price or perhaps sell you one of the samples or something.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 05:39:57 »
UPDATES 7-27-18

Logistics:

EDIT:

Just to check, am I suppose to receive a paypal invoice yet?

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 10:13:01 »
UPDATES 7-27-18

Logistics:

EDIT:

Just to check, am I suppose to receive a paypal invoice yet?

Nope, not yet. I’ll post here when invoices are all out.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 22:52:34 »
Any updates?

Offline smittysteve

Re: [GB] Duck Keyboard Weights: Viper/ Eagle, LSv3, Jetfire, TC-V3 (invoicing)
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 09:04:02 »
Quick Update:

I've been working with the metal shop on optimizing the run as much as possible. We have two thicknesses of brass and six models of weighs being made. I knew doing all of this would add some complexity, but one wrinkle has been in maximizing the brass sheets. For example, I made the SS prototypes to make sure we get the fit right and it did not cost me much more to make two of the four compared to making all four since I had to buy x size SS sheet and the cutting time only added a bit. They should have the final layouts done Monday and I'm going to place the order then to try my best at keeping to timeline.

If you're curious, here is the final weight distribution:
Blackbird: 2
Eagle/ Viper: 40
LSv3: 40
Jetfire: 44
TC-V3: 37
Orion v2: 2

Really pretty even ordering, eh?

I had a brass piece made to replace the plastic diffuser for my LZ CLSh. Thought it would add a little weight and make for a different black and gold look. I had it cut from the same place I'm doing the weights (dangerous for me to now love a metal shop!) and I took it over to the polishing shop I'm using here in Tucson to test them out. I wasn't thinking fast enough and did not grab a before picture- whoops, FAIL! However, it was raw brass. It wasn't terrible at all, but... here is the after:

Needless to say, I am extremely happy with the polishing shop!

I am going to offer polishing on the un-engraved weights. I'm hoping it will add about $3 to those- no more than $5. I highly encourage you to go for because the shiny brass is pretty. Please don't message or anything yet- here's my plan... I'm just going to do it on all the weights and then just ask for honor system- people with un-engraved weights to send me another $3 or whatever it ends up being. Please don't do this yet- wait until I get all the brass to the shop and see how much it ends up costing to polish 165 weights. :)

Timeline update:
Going to carve out a few hours this weekend and get all the invoices out. Again, I'll post here when everything is out, so if you don't get an invoice at that time, please let me know. As mentioned, I'm going to place the order Monday, so I'm not too worried about a payment deadline, but kindly pay as quickly as possible.

Order to be placed: Aug 6
Brass in hand: Aug 15-17
Brass to polishing: Aug 20
Un-engraved weights start to ship: Aug 27
Other brass to engravers: Aug 27
Engraved weights start to ship: HOPEFULLY Aug 30/31. I'm going to be in Tokyo the week of 9/3, so I really hope to have everything done before losing that week. If anything is delayed, the engraved weights will ship when I get back, sorry.

This week, I'm going to work on shipping estimates. There are several of you thinking about most efficient shipping/ using proxies/ etc. I will sort this out and message people who have asked for shipping information.

Think that's it. Thanks for following along here. Been fun for me so far, but (obviously?) quite a bit more work than I expected. There are a lot of details to manage and this is a baby GB. MUCH respect to anyone running full boards. Whew, can't imagine!
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 August 2018, 10:20:00 by smittysteve »

Offline Jedi

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 09:53:39 »
Nice update chief! 
Best not to mention brass gaskets or you'll have a full time job doing this for all those LZ, Kin, and TGR boards in existence.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 10:14:13 »
Ya I am going to need one of those brass gaskets to replace the diffuser on my LZ CLShhkb. Thanks!
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 10:23:36 »
Ya I am going to need one of those brass gaskets to replace the diffuser on my LZ CLShhkb. Thanks!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Love the look on my TX1800, so thought I'd give it a try on the CLSh. :) Hoping to build that in the next week or two- I'm really slow on builds! If you want any more info, feel free to message me.

Nice update chief! 
Best not to mention brass gaskets or you'll have a full time job doing this for all those LZ, Kin, and TGR boards in existence.

Hahaha- right, good point. I'll say, it was a little spendy, but perhaps when entertaining these wild fancies in the future, I'll throw it out there for any other nutjobs like myself and perhaps save us all a little coin by getting 4 or 5. Like anything one-offs are just pure extravagance!

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 10:28:23 »
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Love the look on my TX1800, so thought I'd give it a try on the CLSh. :) Hoping to build that in the next week or two- I'm really slow on builds! If you want any more info, feel free to message me.

Already PM'd you on discord ;)
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 12:22:19 »
Really nice update, thank you for providing behind the scene tidbits(and the work). I do find it interesting how these projects unfold into the final product.

Offline Evilocity

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 17:58:02 »
I heard that invoices are starting to roll out. To confirm, we have to add $3 on the unengraved weights to get them polished?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 18:05:17 »
I heard that invoices are starting to roll out. To confirm, we have to add $3 on the unengraved weights to get them polished?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, I've mashed through a pretty big batch of them this afternoon.

No, don't add anything yet. I'm going to wait and see how much the polishing ends up coming out to be in total. I'll ask you to add it on to the shipping invoice or just send over $3 later on. My plan right now is to polish all 165 weights and then ask for honor system payments later on. It seemed too painful to go back and ask all the un-engraved folks who wants polished. I assume no one is going to be mad about polishing and I'll sort out getting the extra $ later on. Hope that makes sense. :)

In other quick news- I got the SS samples in today, the final layout done and the quote issued from the manufacturer. Things are moving right along.