Author Topic: Armourgrade tenkeyless and numpad  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Keyboard_Warrior364

• Instagram: armourgrade
Armourgrade tenkeyless and numpad
« on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 15:28:56 »
Hello guys I want to show you a project that we've been working on.
Its a tenkeyless keyboard and a numpad.

Key-features:
- tray mount backplate
- 4.5mm thick backplate
- industrial-grade USB type-C connector thats on a separate pcb.
- these are still renders but the alloy that we use on all of our projects is 6082 aluminium imported from Italy. We found out that it has a great finish.

The design is similar to  our 60% keyboards. This project has been in the works for the past 2 years, together with our 60%.
It took a lot of experimenting with ergonomy. We wanted to achieve sharp looking edges without them actually being sharp to the touch. This was done (on our previous projects) by additionally polishing the prototypes by hand and chemicaly treating them in a base liquid.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the design, questions and suggestions.

If anyones interested we also post other projects on our instagram page: armourgrade

262520-0
262522-1
262524-2
262526-3

Offline Maledicted

Re: Armourgrade tenkeyless and numpad
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 16:50:03 »
That looks great to me.  :thumb:

Any more information on this "industrial-grade USB type-c"? I have seen enough broken type-c connectors on Chromebooks to already have a loathing for them.

Offline Keyboard_Warrior364

• Instagram: armourgrade
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 05:16:47 »
That looks great to me.  :thumb:

Any more information on this "industrial-grade USB type-c"? I have seen enough broken type-c connectors on Chromebooks to already have a loathing for them.

Here's a render from the back side, hopefully it'll give a good impression on the connector. The  connector is from Amphenol, I really like their products so far, they're good quality although they're pricey as well.
262545-0

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 08:47:52 »
That does look nice and beefy. I have seen some connectors from them before, probably trying to find the same type-c jack used in Dell's 3100 model Chromebooks. I had no luck.

Offline Kaidesk_Lee

• * Vendor
    • Kaidesk
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 09:09:44 »
Love the design, and having the numpad separate seems like a great idea. I was thinking lately about a numpad which can quickly attach/detach from the main keyboard.