Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 623181 times)

Offline csloan1218

• Technomancer
Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #650 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 15:36:04 »
G9x hands down. Should buy a new one again, mine is beaten up. Using a Feenix Nascita atm.

I found them on sale if you don't mind the logo. Of course you could always use your old grips.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42520.msg857234#msg857234
Ducky DK9008 Shine II Blue LED Backlit (Red Cherry MX)
Leopold Linear Touch FC500RR/AB (Red Cherry MX)

Offline Neal

« Reply #651 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 17:03:25 »
G9x hands down. Should buy a new one again, mine is beaten up. Using a Feenix Nascita atm.

I found them on sale if you don't mind the logo. Of course you could always use your old grips.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42520.msg857234#msg857234
Used it without grip for months, pretty good. Thats an insanely good price! Whoa, shame its in US though. Don't think its worth it for me.
Plus, this mouse costs quite a bit. Might as well use it, never buying v1 products again after this though.

Offline Toad1677

« Reply #652 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 12:50:07 »
I love using my Cybrog RAT 7. Best mouse I've ever used. All the adjustability  and interchangeable parts are amazing
QFR MX Blue, Blackbird MX Blue, KBP V60 MX Green, KUL ES-87 MX Green, Pok3r Mx Clear

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #653 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 14:28:47 »
Love my Logitech Anywhere mouse :D.

Offline Kayliss

« Reply #654 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 05:40:27 »
I'm really liking my G700s after using for a little over a week. Much nicer fit for my hand than my old G9 and certainly feels much nicer than the 2013 Deathadder which got all of 5 mins use before being put away in the spares box.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #655 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 11:36:58 »
Newly baptized Mionix Naos 3200 convert here. Just got it today. Excellent mouse - perfect amount of buttons and very comfortable to hold. Very precise action as well.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #656 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 11:52:23 »
I have been using a Logitech g600, I thought it might be good for the MMORPG gaming I do, but I haven't really liked it too much.  I think i'm going to switch to the g400 while they're still around.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Asininity

« Reply #657 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 21:09:14 »
I really do like my Deathadder. It fits my hand really well.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #658 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 22:22:30 »
I think i'm going to switch to the g400 while they're still around.

Relax the G400 series will be around for a long time yet.  They (logitech) will be releasing an updated version soon, which looks like only a change of Graphics that I've noticed, on the rodent itself.

But the mechanicals should still be the same.  Unless someone knows exactly what new sensor is attached to the G400?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #659 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 22:28:55 »
Interesting how there's several Intellimouse Opticals on the first page then nothing.

I still have TWO Intellimouse Ball Rodents in my possession.

YES, they are still using the ancient big ball that needs to be cleaned every week or so but I still love using them.  Both were Made in Mexico and are quite old compared to the newer stuff which is all Made in China these days.

Although my Mexican's are still working beautifully with no problems whatsoever, the Omron Japanese Switches are perfect.  In fact they are STILL my all time favourite Rodents along side the Razer Boomslang.

It's a pity no company makes Quality Mice any more instead of only concentrating on swish Graphics and Poor Internals.  If a Company would go back to the old days and start using better plastics and switches you would get a flood of customers.  All the current manufacturers seem to think is that people are stupid and easy to fool with so-called "NEW" rodents flooding the market (same old, same old)  >:( .
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 May 2013, 22:35:28 by Elrick »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #660 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 23:29:54 »
Relax the G400 series will be around for a long time yet.  They (logitech) will be releasing an updated version soon, which looks like only a change of Graphics that I've noticed, on the rodent itself.

But the mechanicals should still be the same.  Unless someone knows exactly what new sensor is attached to the G400?

It's already released and available.

AFAIK it's an upgraded sensor, but not sure how. I know the G500 went from 5700 dpi to 8200 dpi, not sure what the G400 -> G400s is gonna  be.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #661 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 23:45:02 »

AFAIK it's an upgraded sensor, but not sure how. I know the G500 went from 5700 dpi to 8200 dpi, not sure what the G400 -> G400s is gonna  be.

Thank you for that.  When you live out in the middle of nowhere then certain products always seem to dodge you but I'm glad they released something.

Hope it's better than what was replaced.  By the way, you guys in America should thank your lucky stars for having Amazon and Newegg the ONLY stores to really buy decent stuff from.  There's nothing like that here in Convict Town  :( .

Offline Atakp

« Reply #662 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 23:46:56 »

The G400s went from 3600 to 4000 dpi

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #663 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 23:52:57 »
It's still optical though, right? If they made it laser they're going to have people storming their offices with torches and pitchforks.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #664 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 00:04:18 »
If they made it laser they're going to have people storming their offices with torches and pitchforks.

Would love to see that happen on Logitech's premises  :)) .

Offline Atakp

« Reply #665 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 00:07:13 »
Ya it's still an optical mouse. It just has different graphics, texture, and I think different switches for mouse 1 and 2.

If anyone from logitech even suggests changing the g400 to laser they should be fired on the spot. Plus they already have the G500 which is a very similar shape with a laser sensor.

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #666 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 06:46:52 »
1. logitech mx518

2. G500
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #667 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 20:19:47 »
I just ordered myself a g400 from amazon.  I see the g500 is getting a lot of love around here, I hope I didn't make the wrong selection!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #668 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 20:21:13 »
SteelSeries Sensei Non-Raw
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline nathairtras

« Reply #669 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 22:24:59 »
MS Trackball Explorer, until I find something better.  Which could be when it dies, because a working trackball is better than a dead one.
CM QFR Green

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #670 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 23:07:39 »
I just ordered myself a g400 from amazon.  I see the g500 is getting a lot of love around here, I hope I didn't make the wrong selection!

You did not. I'd take the G400 over the G500 any day of the week. The sensor is waaaaay better.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #671 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 23:57:18 »
I've been thinking about trying a G400/G500/G600/G700 a lot recently, but Logitech have gone crazy with pricing in the meantime. For example, G400 was available for about 33 EUR until three weeks ago, now it's usually ~45 EUR, and I've heard G400s will cost about 60 EUR!

Offline calavera

« Reply #672 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 02:53:12 »
Does anyone have the Corsair M65? I'm thinking of replacing my CM Spawn with it. I loved the CM Spawn for it's size, grip, and price. I could either get a new CM Spawn, or pay twice as much for a Corsair M65. I use claw grip and prefer smallest size possible (hence CM Spawn being perfect for me.)

Offline habitualapse

« Reply #673 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 03:11:03 »
Love my Logitech Anywhere mouse :D.
I'm with you.
Filco MJ2 Ninja Brown TKL

Offline tooki

« Reply #674 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 07:10:37 »
(Bearing in mind that I'm not a gamer.) My current favorite is the Performance Mouse MX, which also has the Darkfield sensor that works on everything, but in a "mainstream ergonomic" shape. (That said, due to RSI, the mouse is mostly idle. At home and work I use a Magic Trackpad with my left hand.)

Offline typo

« Reply #675 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 04:47:11 »
I was wondering why an optical sensor is preferred over a laser? is that just for gaming? the g500 and now the g500s has suited me fine for non gaming usage or so I think. am I missing anything?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #676 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 05:31:10 »
I was wondering why an optical sensor is preferred over a laser? is that just for gaming? the g500 and now the g500s has suited me fine for non gaming usage or so I think. am I missing anything?

Laser sensors have hardware acceleration, which can mess up precision for a lot of people, even those used to acceleration as the hw accel is inconsistent and unpredictable.
They also tend to fail tracking at lower speeds, so if you play at low sensitivity and swipe your mouse a lot you risk getting incosistent movement with a laser sensor, although I don't know how much of an issue this is with newer laser sensors.
Basically people don't like laser because it adds flaws and very little else.

And yes, choice of sensor is mostly for gaming as no other computer operation I can think of requires that amount of precision. If you don't play games or only casual games then sensor is largely irrelevant, the only thing you need to concern yourself with is "will this sensor work on my mouse surface", although this is also less of an issue than it used to be. If you've got a standard cloth pad then you don't really have to worry about it, but if you've got a glass pad or something similar then you may find that some mice don't like it very much.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #677 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 05:38:23 »

I do not think you did. The g400 has the better sensor without acceleration. It is less picky about the surface it uses, it is not as heavy as the G500 (which you can add weights to, lolwut?) and the weight is more evenly ditributed. It does not have a sensor that is placed towards the front instead of being centered, which affect how the cursor respond to wrist movement. It also does not have the annoying wobbly scroll wheel that is almost impossible to use in a gaming situation (hard to click without accidentally left and right scrolling etc.).

All in all, I would say you made a good decision.

Almost all modern sensors have enough DPI and a high enough max tracking speed to satisfy even very demanding gamers. So what really matters is the accuracy and reliability of the sensor. This is where the optical sensor shines, though it is not as quantifiable that you can advertise with it on the box (like 8000+ DPI regardless of how useless it is to 95% of consumers). Both newer laser and optical sensors typically do not have prediction. However, all current laser sensors have acceleration to an extent. People differ in how much they are bothered by this, and some claim that if it is consistent, you can adjust to it. However, why deal with it in the first place? I think it is telling that sponsored teams practically refuse to use their sponsors flagship models (typically heavy laser mice) , going as far as using mice from the sponsor that are not even currently in production anymore. Laser mice are almost non-existent in the competitive scene. I thought it was pretty notable that one of the members if NIP's Counter Strike team (sponsored by Steelseries) listed the Sensei as his mouse, but that has since been adjusted and changed to the Ikari optical....

Laser sensors typically also have more issues when used on different surfaces. When the Avago ADNS 9500 came out, there were a lot of complaints about negative acceleration on cloth pads. Newer incarnations of the sensor in mice like the Sensei may have gotten rid of this issue, and the newer 9800 sensor may have gotten rid of it completely ( I am not sure), but for now I will just stick with optical sensors until such issues have been addressed for sure.

One thing to note is that these issues generally become more apparent as you use a lower sensitivity, relying on large fast and accurate swipes (flick shots and the like). These tend to really amplify and expose the problem. If you are a person playing Starcraft 2 on high sensitivity, none of this will be an issue for you.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 May 2013, 06:13:21 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline typo

« Reply #678 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 05:40:03 »
thanks. the sensei and xai will not work on my fav pad. the g500/s works fine. I use a tablet for autocad and photoshop anyways. I was always amazed that the most demanding computing task is gaming. well besides particle acceleration :)

Offline GON

• * Maker
  • Skype ID : GonsKeyboardWorks
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #679 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 05:55:46 »
I use M905 most often. This small sensitive wireless mouse is the best one for me. ;)
Even though I have made/assembled/tuned HUNDREDs of keyboards for others, I myself don't have a full-tuned Custom Keyboard now.
So Ironical!

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #680 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 06:01:41 »
Does anyone have the Corsair M65? I'm thinking of replacing my CM Spawn with it. I loved the CM Spawn for it's size, grip, and price. I could either get a new CM Spawn, or pay twice as much for a Corsair M65. I use claw grip and prefer smallest size possible (hence CM Spawn being perfect for me.)

A "clan" mate of mine uses the M60. If you are satisfied with the spawn, why would you replace it? (generally for me it is hard to find mice I like, hence I stick with the same one for as long as possible). The sensor in the spawn (ADNS 3090 I think) is generally regarded as superior to the one Corsair uses in their mice. So i am not sure why you would pay twice as much. Corsair also has a history of driver issues for their gaming peripherals, though those may be resolved by now.

But then again, a lot of what makes a good mouse is how the shape fits your hand. If you think the M65 would be perfect for you then maybe you should give it a try.

Offline typo

« Reply #681 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 06:36:56 »
it is strange that the top of the line mice from every gaming company is laser. right now the 9800. I have no clue what that is about. I like the shape of the g500/s but I guess that is all that matters in my case since I am not gaming. I hear it is a piece of junk for gamers though. who will buy the ouroboros for $160 when the deathadder is better.....

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #682 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 09:55:58 »
it is strange that the top of the line mice from every gaming company is laser. right now the 9800. I have no clue what that is about. I like the shape of the g500/s but I guess that is all that matters in my case since I am not gaming. I hear it is a piece of junk for gamers though. who will buy the ouroboros for $160 when the deathadder is better.....

They use laser in their top mice because it's more advanced and lets them put higher numbers on the box, it also allows for more features, like adjusting lift-off distance and stuff. Basically it's easier to get people to pay a lot for a mouse if it's got a laser sensor, optical is better but it's also cheaper and less exciting.

Side note; as a collector I do want to get my hands on the Ouroboros, but yeah, I get your point, while the Ouroboros is a fancier mouse and I would like one myself, it's not something I would recommend to anyone who's not a collector.

Offline take

• 87U / G500
    • front & follow
« Reply #683 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 14:56:11 »
G500. Perfection.

REΛLFORCE 87U 55g  ||  Logitech G500

Offline 4LI4Z

« Reply #684 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 17:48:26 »
Zowie FK, perfect shape and optical sensors for the win!
BLING BLING GOLD SPRING

ErgoClear Filco MJT2 TKL || Apple EK II || Hall Effect Keypad || Cherry G81 HAD || IBM M SSK

Offline Goodfella

« Reply #685 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 18:56:27 »
g700, all day, erryday
QFR | QFR | QFR | Pure LED

Offline typo

« Reply #686 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 21:34:53 »
since I don't game I would really like the ouroboros. also as a collector. I see them on ebay, is that bs?

Offline calavera

« Reply #687 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 22:44:51 »

A "clan" mate of mine uses the M60. If you are satisfied with the spawn, why would you replace it? (generally for me it is hard to find mice I like, hence I stick with the same one for as long as possible). The sensor in the spawn (ADNS 3090 I think) is generally regarded as superior to the one Corsair uses in their mice. So i am not sure why you would pay twice as much. Corsair also has a history of driver issues for their gaming peripherals, though those may be resolved by now.

But then again, a lot of what makes a good mouse is how the shape fits your hand. If you think the M65 would be perfect for you then maybe you should give it a try.

Didn't know about the inferior sensor. Hmm, I just wanted to try something new.
My current CM Spawn is showing its age, nasty peals everywhere because I've had it since it first released.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #688 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 03:08:30 »
What's the story with the Ouroboros? Wasn't it released very recently? Did Razer just all of a sudden decide to stop production of it? If so, why?

Offline typo

« Reply #689 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 04:23:16 »
i so want the ouroboros.

i use the g500/s and have liked them for a long time. the g700/s is nicer. getting it hooked up and keeping it charged is too much hassle. other mice are better with getting/staying charged at least.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #690 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 04:28:44 »
since I don't game I would really like the ouroboros. also as a collector. I see them on ebay, is that bs?
I would be very careful with ebay and mice, there are loads of Razer fakes around, if it's too good to be true it probably is. The Orouboros is pricey, but with Razer I would always recommend buying from a trusted source. If you want to make sure you get a real one from eBay you're probably going to have to pay as much as from a better source anyways, the moment the eBay price is significantly lower is when you've gotta start worrying about fakes.

What's the story with the Ouroboros? Wasn't it released very recently? Did Razer just all of a sudden decide to stop production of it? If so, why?
Production isn't stopped, at least not afaik as it's still available here in Norway.
But at that price I'm guessing it's done poorly compared to it's main competitor, the RAT 7, which is quite a bit cheaper.

Offline typo

« Reply #691 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 04:39:19 »
point well taken. it was china. could be real though. since it is on sale still in many countries. not the us currently. leads me to guess about a certification issue or something.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #692 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 05:39:39 »

Didn't know about the inferior sensor. Hmm, I just wanted to try something new.
My current CM Spawn is showing its age, nasty peals everywhere because I've had it since it first released.

I hear ya. I get the urge to upgrade as well every now and then. I went through a phase where I tried all kinds of different mice, only to find out (after spending too much money) that the plain, light ambidextrous mice that I had always been using were actually the most comfortable for me. So I spent about 150-200 dollar only to come full circle and use a WMO 1.1 again... Though I sold most of the mice I had so it was not a total loss.

Since then I moved on to the Zowie FK. Mainly because someone let me try his Sensei and I LOVE the shape of that thing. So when an optical mouse with a kind of similar shape came out I was all over it. The shape is not the exact same, but this is still one of the more comfortable mice I have used. The best thing I can say about a mouse is that I forget about it when using it.  I also tried the Zowie AM , bu thought it was too narrow for me. I still have it for sale if anyone is interested.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #693 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 11:26:55 »
I also tried the Zowie AM , bu thought it was too narrow for me. I still have it for sale if anyone is interested.

I thought the AM was wider than the FK for some reason? Their site says the AM is /\, while the FK is \/

Also, are you interested in any trades for the AM? I've always wanted to try a Zowie mouse, and I have big hands so I think the AM would be better for me than the FK.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 May 2013, 11:29:26 by daerid »

Offline typo

« Reply #694 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 05:14:59 »
I just wanted to tell you guys the sensei hosed my os. of course ymmv. after I got all those bsods I told you guys about. now my power saving does not work at all. I guess I will be reinstalling.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #695 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 11:58:50 »
I highly doubt it was directly the sensei. It may have exposed the problem, but it's unlikely it was the source.

Offline typo

« Reply #696 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 08:08:10 »
I am sorry. it was indeed not just the sensei. I read the memory dumps carefully. the xbox 360 controller uses a conflicting base memory location.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #697 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 12:13:36 »
Wow. You'd think in 2013 Windows would have it's **** together and be able to resolve that without hosing the system.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #698 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 14:37:05 »
Wow. You'd think in 2013 Windows would have it's **** together and be able to resolve that without hosing the system.

Purely anecdotal, but; I've had my X360 controller plugged in alongside loads of different pointing devices, including the Sensei, and it's never caused me any issues.
I don't think it's a case of "if you plug in both a Sensei and a 360 controller **** will hit the fan", there's got to be something else to it.

Offline Johan

« Reply #699 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 15:58:52 »
So the CM spawn is really highly recommended for people with a fingertip or clawgrips, The Xornet is the follow up right? Its on sale on my local store, so I might pick one up if Its any good.
Uh, stuff.