Author Topic: Help with the stabilizer and keycaps  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Abula

Help with the stabilizer and keycaps
« on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 13:18:11 »
Hi,

I have a filco MajesticTouch 104, and i just got my Carbon SA Keycap Set, and its great all fits fine, but the problem that i have is the stabilizers, well maybe not the stabilizer themselves but the white plastic holders, in the removal and installation some fit a little loose, specially the space bar and shift keys, thus pushing from the sides sometimes i get not so fluid motion down of the keys, i blame the plastic holders moving up and down because its not so snug fit.

I wanted to ask you guys, what should i do, or what do you guys do?

1) Plastic stabilizer holders
Should i do something permanent like crazy glue? or should try to do something temporal and not permanent, maybe a silicone to create a gasket?  What do you guys do?

2) Lubricating the Stabilizers
I been searching the forums, and watching some videos on youtube, and seems like a good thing to do now that im swaping keys.  What lube do you guys recommend for the filko stabilizers? the ones that i seen are
- Super Lube 21030 Synthetic Grease (NLGI 2), 3 oz Tube
- DuPont Krytox GPL 205 Grease, Pure PFPE / PTFE No Additives, 0.5 oz Tube
- EliteKeyboards MechLube 2 Premium Keyboard Lubricant w/PTFE
Or do you have anyother that works better?

Thanks for your time and suggestions,

Topre Realforce 87UD 10th Anniversary Edition || Vortex Race 3 || Ducky Shine 5 RGB || Filco Majestouch 104 || Logitech G810

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
Re: Help with the stabilizer and keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 13:22:34 »
Do not glue the stab inserts! Just take a piece of tape or even a little square of a plastic bag and put it over the insert before putting the caps on. I do this with several keysets and it works great. I typically use tape.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 13:49:38 »
Do not glue the stab inserts! Just take a piece of tape or even a little square of a plastic bag and put it over the insert before putting the caps on. I do this with several keysets and it works great. I typically use tape.

I use tiny scraps of paper, same principal. Works great.

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline Abula

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 19:10:39 »
Thanks for the replies,

The square of bag did the trick, now all fit snug like the originial and the Carbon set works like OEM,

Thanks again,
Topre Realforce 87UD 10th Anniversary Edition || Vortex Race 3 || Ducky Shine 5 RGB || Filco Majestouch 104 || Logitech G810