Author Topic: [IC] GMK Necro | GB Open Now!!  (Read 101825 times)

Offline Auk

Re: [IC] GMK Necro
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 07:22:51 »
New
Show Image

I prefer the new render, the blue accent color is really good. Is the mint/green hue completely absent now? it looks like it but I can't be sure on my TV screen.

As always: I would like to see modifiers as text only or icon only (never was a fan of how GMK arrange the text+icon on a lot of keys.)

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 10:36:52 »
Old render is unique. New render just looks like another gray on gray like we've seen countless times. I think old render with slightly less green alphas would be perfect.
keyboards.

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 12:17:00 »
New
Show Image

I prefer the new render, the blue accent color is really good. Is the mint/green hue completely absent now? it looks like it but I can't be sure on my TV screen.

As always: I would like to see modifiers as text only or icon only (never was a fan of how GMK arrange the text+icon on a lot of keys.)

The new render still has green, just less.

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #153 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 12:24:52 »
I'm wondering how much of the difference of opinion on the new render is based on different monitors etc. I'm clearly seeing a pale whitish-green on mine and cannot see the supposedly generic grey on grey that some people are seeing.

Offline jessica

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 12:28:40 »
I'm wondering how much of the difference of opinion on the new render is based on different monitors etc. I'm clearly seeing a pale whitish-green on mine and cannot see the supposedly generic grey on grey that some people are seeing.

People have REALLY messed up monitors.

For reference, everyone, the alphas are still green. Just paler.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #155 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 12:31:21 »
Yeah, the comparison to Graphite makes me think people have really poorly calibrated monitors or something.  It's pretty obviously a pale green.  Based on these comments I wouldn't be surprised if people are seeing the old (more vibrant) render as what the new render actually looks like.

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 12:32:32 »
I can definitely still see the green tint to it and it looks good.  I just liked it when it was more pronounced. Also a big fan of the OG modifiers.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 12:38:03 »
Honestly though these types of differences are ultimately not gonna matter much anyway since the sets will look different in everyone's homes due to lighting.  I'm sure Terminal looks near black IRL for some, while it's firmly grey for me because my computer room is lit fairly brightly.  In my old place, my dark grey Realforces were unreadable due to lower lighting but now I don't have any issues.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 13:09:48 »
I have a calibrated IPS monitor. I see the green in the new render alphas, but I think it's too subtle.  Somewhere in between the old and new I think would be perfect IMO; although new alphas would be alright.  I still prefer the old mods regardless.
keyboards.

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #159 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 13:33:49 »

what profile is ur monitor calibrated to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Click it OR Ticket!

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 13:52:36 »

ehh, disregard that. it's been a while since i calibrated mine and realized that is only relavant when printing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Click it OR Ticket!

Offline monkeysontoast

• Editor, dork, human - powered by pizza & nostalgia
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 16:27:23 »
My monitors are calibrated. We have three completely different monitors in our home, all three calibrated (I'm a professional editor, my boyfriend is a professional editor and graphic designer), and the renders look the same on all three.

I can see that the alphas have a green tint in the new render, I simply prefer the greener alphas in the original. I also prefer the grey versus blue modifiers. I do not see the new render as "grey on grey." I DO, however, still see a similarity between the new render and Graphite...I didn't say they were identical, but I don't see how one could argue that they are not similar.

Anyway, the green is what attracted me to this set, and since it is very muted now, I'm not as fond of it. Both colorways are very lovely, though! :)

(eta: Just pulled the renders up on my Alienware laptop, which is definitely NOT calibrated, and they definitely look different there...the old render looks how the new render looks on my calibrated monitor, and the new one is SUPER muted, so I could see where someone would see 'grey on grey.)
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 August 2017, 01:55:31 by monkeysontoast »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 21:30:09 »

It's NOT just a calibration thing, that is barely green. The values for Green and Blue are within 3 points on the face and 6 points in the shadows. In the real world the color temperature of the room lights would have more effect on the color.

Are you perhaps looking at a higher quality original image?

The faces may have the slightest of green hue, but I would still call that grey. The shadows are where you start to see the green:

http://i.imgur.com/hlvVllp.png

TBH though I think alot of it is also gonna be psychology in terms of if you focus on positive or negative space and highlights or lowlights, etc.

I imagine it would be easier to judge with multiple angles, lighting setups.

Edit: More detailed analysis:

Not sure how i quoted myself there lol
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 August 2017, 23:35:19 by Amnesia »

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #163 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 22:35:43 »
It obviously green, not gray. I use a calibrated monitor and see it in different iMac monitor in my studio and they all look green, pale green, with a pale gray legend which has the same color with the mods. And the pale blue accent, maybe as pale as 9009 accent.

Really love the color btw. Good job for finding this combination!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 23:46:57 »
It obviously green, not gray. I use a calibrated monitor and see it in different iMac monitor in my studio and they all look green, pale green, with a pale gray legend which has the same color with the mods. And the pale blue accent, maybe as pale as 9009 accent.

It is NOT "obviously green". It has the faintest of green hues on my calibrated 10bit oled display... Now you may like that, and it may even be what she is going for... but it is absolutely misleading to call that obvious by any measure. RGB color codes don't lie.

I believe the accurate word to describe the green would in fact be the opposite of obvious... it is subtly green.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 August 2017, 23:48:36 by Amnesia »

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 00:01:52 »

It is NOT "obviously green". It has the faintest of green hues on my calibrated 10bit oled display... Now you may like that, and it may even be what she is going for... but it is absolutely misleading to call that obvious by any measure. RGB color codes don't lie.

I believe the accurate word to describe the green would in fact be the opposite of obvious... it is subtly green.

Subtly green I agree, as I said, pale green, a very pale one. But it is obviously in green range not gray. Sorry if my way of saying it is confusing lol.

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 00:05:25 »
I trust Jessicas color taste, so I will get in on this as well :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 01:01:16 »
Just make sure it is pale enough Jess, Plum isn't as muted as in render imo.

Offline yuppie

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 02:31:31 »
I want this.
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 03:00:19 »

Even though it is subtle, it can still be obvious. That's what he meant.

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 09:01:40 »
I wonder if a more vibrant (but still dull, think first render) green somewhere else in the set could help bring out the green in the alphas. Like perhaps using that first green as the legend colour on the novelties or something.

I'm good with it as is personally; just figured I'd toss out the suggestion.

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 09:06:46 »
The new Alphas look absolutely amazing, completely changed my opinion of the set. Count me in.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 13:50:58 »
New
Show Image

This looks terrific. Nice work!

Regarding icons vs text mods, I'm all for icons, but hoping you can do something like what T0mb3ry did with Yuri and include the Mac option and control icons? Definitely don't want Windows icons if I can avoid it.

Offline Arcsxum

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 18:01:12 »
Forgot to answer the question in my previous post, but:
New Renders  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Icon Mods :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 21:06:58 »
Would it be possible to add an R2 Esc and Backspace keys? I love your colorways and just those 2 keys would help with a lot of 40% kits imo. Great work btw, lovin the plum set.

Offline Arcsxum

« Reply #175 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 17:20:44 »
Any updates or news regarding this set? ;D

Offline yuppie

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 15:17:18 »

How long must I wait to give you my money?
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 15:32:42 »

Why you going to give money to Arcsxum? They're not running the GB.

Offline Arcsxum

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 17:41:59 »

Why you going to give money to Arcsxum? They're not running the GB.
If I got the money, I'll just throw it at Jessica til I get this keyset lol.

Offline KorbenDallas

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 01:32:46 »
 Decided to revisit this post. The updated render colors for this set is definitely more attractive to me now, sign me up :thumb:!

Offline jessica

« Reply #180 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 02:08:09 »
Update:

Been working with Yanbo to see about booking a slot for this set. It's just been so slow going that I've really had nothing to announce.

I guess the most I know is that it'd be run some time in 2018. Beyond that is a big ol' ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Sissy

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 02:39:13 »
Update:

Been working with Yanbo to see about booking a slot for this set. It's just been so slow going that I've really had nothing to announce.

I guess the most I know is that it'd be run some time in 2018. Beyond that is a big ol' ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We grow closer and closer to GMK taking as long as SA.

Offline jessica

« Reply #182 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 02:42:48 »
Update:

We grow closer and closer to GMK taking as long as SA.

Not even close in any sense. GMK lead times are still 4-5 months like always. It's just Massdrop has a ridiculously long queue.

Offline Petch

« Reply #183 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 05:00:50 »
Massdrop has a ridiculously long queue.

I have a solution to that
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 September 2017, 05:44:49 by Petch »

Offline jihadu

« Reply #184 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 09:08:30 »
Hi jess. Is a spacebar kit in the works? I so regret not picking up Yuri's

Offline Arcsxum

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 18:27:51 »
Update:

Thanks for the update!
Guess I don't have to check this post everyday now :P
At least this gives me more time to plan out which board I'm gonna use this set on.

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #186 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 20:01:35 »
I'm all for a set that looks like the first render personally. Old alphas are brighter/more vibrant then the newer render, but the old render is still quite subdued IMO. Now the new mods however, those look better. The color is a nice addition.
As for legends/icons I'm english/indifferent.

Cant believe MD is booked till 2018! "Have I been missing out on tons of GMK sets???" :thinking:

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 20:11:04 »
Well they're probably going to continue doing one major set every month (and switching between GMK, SA etc.), so there'd only need to be maybe one more GMK set (other than Laser) and we'd be into 2018. We've got Oblivion in September and Laser in October, but after that I'm not so sure.

Offline jessica

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 23:34:11 »
Hey guys,

I've got some news! Depending on your opinions, it is either good news or bad news, that's up to you. I see it as wholy good, personally.

With much consideration, I have decided to run this set myeslf! Let's list off the pros and cons:

Pros:
Will be produced sooner than going through Massdrop
International orders will have cheaper shipping
MUCH more frequent and direct updates than Massdrop
For my own conscience, I will feel better about this set than Plum because it'll feel like I am actually part of the process

Cons:
Moderately more expensive, to an extent
Shipping will take a little bit longer than Massdrop, due to smaller operation capabilities but at the same time, there will be fewer orders so those should be shipped out sooner. Basically should come out even on this one.

Let me know what all you guys think about this, and I hope my reputation as an established member of the community is enough to garner your trust.

P.S., I'm getting renders redone to see how this set looks with Icon-only modifiers, because I feel that will help with the weight of the set more. Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 September 2017, 14:55:05 by Brazzers »

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #189 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 23:46:54 »
More
Hey guys,

I've got some news! Depending on your opinions, it is either good news or bad news, that's up to you. I see it as wholy good, personally.

With much consideration, I have decided to run this set myeslf! Let's list off the pros and cons:

Pros:
Will be produced sooner than going through Massdrop
International orders will have cheaper shipping
MUCH more frequent and direct updates than Massdrop
For my own conscience, I will feel better about this set than Plum because it'll feel like I am actually part of the process

Cons:
More expensive, to a certain extent
Shipping will take a little bit longer than Massdrop, due to smaller operation capabilities but at the same time, there will be fewer orders so those should be shipped out sooner. Basically should come out even on this one.

Let me know what all you guys think about this, and I hope my reputation as an established member of the community is enough to garner your trust.

P.S., I'm getting renders redone to see how this set looks with Icon-only modifiers, because I feel that will help with the weight of the set more. Stay tuned.

I'm on board!  :thumb:
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline lovetree

« Reply #190 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 23:59:32 »
I'm in!

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 00:34:54 »
I rike it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 05:48:10 »
In!

Offline Petch

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 07:06:49 »
100% yes for no massdrop

Would you be able to set up an EU proxy? Mykeyboardeu and Candykeys have some experience

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #194 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 07:08:12 »
Fine with me, just make sure you iron out the details with PayPal first to prevent any freezes.
keyboards.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #195 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 07:17:19 »
Would you be able to set up an EU proxy?
Pretty please.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 07:28:53 »
it looks awesome, and I'll hate to miss it.  If you went through Originative or KeyClack or any established with logistics, I might be in.  But not just as a stand-alone.  Seen too many go off the rails, even with the best of intent.  GLWB!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 07:35:30 »

Absolutely. I'm buying in regardless but if you were to set up some sort of European proxy then it'd be even better.

Offline klove4252

« Reply #198 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 08:17:14 »
I'm in! The set looks great.

Offline braidn

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 08:53:06 »
Love that you are doing this without the backing of a company. Should be stressful but, hopefully worth it