Vim_commando's Cyberpunk board
13 (28.9%)
TalkingTree's Project Toad
18 (40%)
E3E's Alps Fjell
14 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: Mon, 16 October 2017, 04:45:18

Author Topic: Keyboard of the Month - September - Vote  (Read 13950 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
Keyboard of the Month - September - Vote
« on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 04:45:18 »
Welcome everyone to September's edition of Keyboard of the Month. We had three boards receive two +1s this month so I had to make a very hard decision. Sorry to naasfu and Wolf for not making it, but thank you for sharing your fantastic boards! The three nominations for this month are as follows:

Vim_commado's Cyberpunk board

His extensive build thread can be found here

Next is TalkingTree's Project Toad

Full build log is here

And finally we have E3E's Alps Fjell

More images can be found in the Alps appreciation thread

As always the poll will be open for seven days! Good luck everyone!
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Keyboard of the Month - September - Vote
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 20:51:08 »
Too difficult to choose this month, nearly wasn't going to vote, but did anyway :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Felion

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 05:14:40 »
*voted*
FC660c|RF88UB|HHKB pro2 type-s|GH60 Satans|Model M|Novatouch Alu-Chassi, "type -s"|Whitefox|RSII|V60|Plum84|RC930-87|Ducky3|Minivan|Planck|GH60revC|Pok3r|MF68|Ducky Mini|and more|Likör47 - GeekHack KotM March 2017

Offline joey

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 05:17:37 »
Easy choice for me this month!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 07:48:35 »
Really difficult choice this month!
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 08:36:57 »
All good choices this month. I’m breaking tradition this month by not going with one of E3E’s aesthetically impeccable builds. I’m a sucker for the gray/black look on TT’s Toad and love the moniker!

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 12:43:58 »
Voted! :thumb:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 10:13:15 »
Okay guys, this is CLOSE.

If you haven't voted already get them in to ensure your favourite board wins!

Offline E3E

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 05:14:36 »
Congrats to TalkingTree!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 06:41:11 »
Well that was close!! Congrats TalkingTree on the win, this close a contest is real testament to how good all the boards are!

Offline joey

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 06:42:56 »
I know whose board I'm nominating for this month :cool:

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 07:13:40 »
Wow, I'm amazed.  There was a good number of great keyboards this month and I'm really honored that the Toad was the most voted.
Thanks to everyone who voted and thanks to every single one who helped me making this board in a way or another.
I'll be sure to brag shamelessly.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 20:39:12 »
Congrats TalkingTree!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline E3E

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 22:07:02 »
Wow, I'm amazed.  There was a good number of great keyboards this month and I'm really honored that the Toad was the most voted.
Thanks to everyone who voted and thanks to every single one who helped me making this board in a way or another.

Reading through your build log, I definitely can see the passion you had for this project. It reminds me of the boards I've spent the most time, thought, and resources on. Admittely, my FJELL wasn't quite to that level of passion compared to the Mira and Hammer before it.

Congrats, my dude. Definitely earned this one.

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 22:51:35 »
Congrats!  :thumb:

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 07:07:48 »

Reading through your build log, I definitely can see the passion you had for this project. It reminds me of the boards I've spent the most time, thought, and resources on. Admittely, my FJELL wasn't quite to that level of passion compared to the Mira and Hammer before it.

Thank you ever so much for the kind words, it was indeed made out of passion that only this great community can understand.

Thanks rowdy and thanks Duckyreddy.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 03:10:26 »

Thank you ever so much for the kind words, it was indeed made out of passion that only this great community can understand.

Thanks rowdy and thanks Duckyreddy.

congrats. once again this is the layout that i wanted ever since i got into this hobby, I'm glad someone finally did it!

as much as i love cyberpunk and blue, it was a nobrainer to vote for your board.
I love Elzy

Offline Felion

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 12:17:21 »
Congrats TT!
FC660c|RF88UB|HHKB pro2 type-s|GH60 Satans|Model M|Novatouch Alu-Chassi, "type -s"|Whitefox|RSII|V60|Plum84|RC930-87|Ducky3|Minivan|Planck|GH60revC|Pok3r|MF68|Ducky Mini|and more|Likör47 - GeekHack KotM March 2017

Offline richfiles

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 00:06:29 »
I feel stoopid™

I was super busy with stuff and forgot to vote this month. My vote would not have tipped the scales, but still, I loved Vim_commado's Cyberpunk board. Very stylish build! ;D
"75% + 1" Keyboard with "Danger Zone" keycaps and magnetically detachable Number Pad. Dyed Gateron Blue switches with amber sub lighting. Blue anodized plate and wood trim. (Firmware in Progress)
Bluetooth Apple //c keyboard with Alps SKCM Amber Switches. (Build in Progress)