Author Topic: [IC] Keebsake Artisan Tray - (6.5.21 Update)  (Read 25873 times)

Offline KevenKeys

[IC] Keebsake Artisan Tray - (6.5.21 Update)
« on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 18:56:29 »
Keebsake Artisan Case / Tray
The Keebsake is a premium artisan display case / tray with a small footprint, 2.25u support, and modular inserts (aluminum only).

***Updates***
8.11.21 - LIDS!

Hope everyone is having a great summer so far! I really appreciate all of the feedback and hearing how eager many of you are for this case! I apologize for the length of time between updates and had planned on posting an update a few weeks ago. I got caught up with life, back end planning, adjusting the lid design, prototyping multiple lids, and finding other manufacturers to bring a quality lid that costs less.

The initial lid I ordered felt too flimsy (and eventually even cracked in 2 corners) and I wasn't 100% happy on the fit. The photo above is of the new thicker designs. They came out really nice and I've been using them for about 3 weeks . They are holding up perfectly but I can't decide which one I like more. Since it was all of you who asked for a lid, I'd like to ask for your input on the lids and the premium inserts (brass & potentially copper). Please fill out the form here (will leave open for a week): https://forms.gle/UnDmUpF9H3Gzvrnx9

I have taller lids arriving in a week or 2, to test accommodating taller artisans like Mervin (Crafted by Annie), Apollo (Clackeys) & Ori (ArcanaKeys). Currently everything else fits even knobs! No promises on whether the taller lids will make the cut but I will update you once I see them.

As for the results of the last round of feedback. The colors are now updated below. I decided to call the aluminum purple case Orchid. I recently picked up a lilac Devastating TKL and my purple color feels closer to orchid.

I should have another update once I close the feedback form in a week. Pricing & GB dates are around the corner. More info to come!

Had a brass insert made for those who are interested in a brass insert as either their primary insert or as an additional one. Came out pretty epic!

The latest aluminum prototypes arrived! These reflect the final product for the aluminum Keebsake with modular inserts to provide compatibility for different artisan sizes.
Looking for one more round of feedback before running the GB. Greatly appreciate the input! IC FORM: CLOSED

I am exploring a lid but this may come down the road. Prototype ordered.

2nd round of polycarbonate prototypes arrived. These are not dyed but rather painted.
Manufacturer remaking the smoke color due to some finish issues. The remade version should arrive in a few weeks.
This polycarbonate version will become a budget option vs. the aluminum at the expense of not being modular. In addition to color, 2 formats will be offered for selection – 1u and 2.25u

ABOUT ME, DESIGN INSPIRATION & INITIAL PROTOTYPES:
More

About Me:
  • Hello everyone, my name is Kevin and outside of my career I dabble in music production, photography, and wood-working among other things.
    I’ve been in this super fun hobby for a year. It started with a friend raving about his Key65 which led me to buy my first 60%.... an AnnePro2. I then moved on to an acrylic Tofu and a few weeks after that I was buying everything in sight. In the process, I fell in love with RAMA artisans and handmade artisans.

Why Did I Make This Case?
  • I wanted a small display for my artisans that had support for 2.25u artisans.
Design Inspiration:
  • Stream deck / Macropads / WKL …………..let me explain
  • My initial prototype was smaller and was inspired by Macropads and stream decks for their angle. I loved the way Alexotos and Taeha would have their macropads sitting on their desks with fun artisans.
  • I wanted to find a way to elegantly support 2.25u artisans and match my boards. Enter one of my favorite aesthetics in the keyboard scene… WKL.
There Is Another Project With This Name!
  • After coming up with what seemed like a great name (a play on keepsakes) months ago, it turns out an awesome person came up with it 2.5 years ago for a neat way of storing their keycaps! JwordFish was kind enough to let me share in the name for the product. Check out his project at www.Keebsake.com which will lead you to his project on Instagram! He is still very much interested in making them a reality and plans to continue prototyping new sizes! He has other ideas up his sleeve as well! Check it out and let him know if you like his project!

Details / Roadmap
Features:
  • Designed to hold 14 1u artisans or ten 1u PLUS two 2.25u artisans. The slots run larger than the typical keycap size to make room for larger artisans like Ookeys from Hungry Hustlers (They are thicc)
  • Aluminum + Polycarb variants will be offered. The aluminum version is modular to allow for customization and increase compatibility down the road.
  • The aluminum version is made of 6063.
  • The polycarb versions are painted vs. dyed. The finish is great and durable. This is how I am attempting to achieve a budget option.
  • ”Keebsake” logo has different placement on polycarb (back of the top piece) vs aluminum (bottom side).
Pricing
  • TBD but poly will be budget option vs. aluminum
QTY
  • Based on feedback I believe we will hit at least 100 units. I will leave the GB open for 2 weeks.
Colors:
  • Aluminum - E-white, Black (anodized) & Orchid (anodized)
  • Inserts (anodized) - Silver, Black, Orchid & Gold
  • Premium inserts TBA
  • Poly - Clear, Smoke & Lilac (these are painted, NOT dyed)
Next steps / Road map
  • Looking to obtain feedback from the community before running the GB
  • If there is international interest please fill out the form and let me know where you are from <3
  • Hoping to run May sometime between June - early July but I have to make sure I am 100% satisfied with the project
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 August 2021, 18:24:33 by KevenKeys »

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
Re: [IC] Keebsake Artisan Case
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 18:57:47 »
Chicken enjoys

Offline Arila

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 19:00:07 »
Oh my God, YES!! I need this!!! Beautiful case, very elegant -- definitely getting one  :D

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 18:12:18 »
*Update* So I am hoping to get more feedback in the google forms so I have a larger sample size to go off of BUT so far It looks like I need to offer E-white and need to change fonts. I am 100% in support of that. I only used the font I had to test the idea of having the engraving in the first place. Now is a good time to play with some changes since I have a few days before the factory returns from CNY and begins my 2nd round of prototypes. I am going to swap E-white in and pull the gray one out. Also in the feedback form someone suggested what turned out to be an awesome font. Here are some screenshots of the model with the new font:

I love this new font. Can you guys tell me what you think of this font please?

Chicken enjoys

Thank you :)

Oh my God, YES!! I need this!!! Beautiful case, very elegant -- definitely getting one  :D

Haha thank you!

Offline Cer4sum

[IC] Keebsake Artisan Case
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 23:06:09 »
Haha,  SO SICK. Good job :)

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 23:15:50 »
It might be good to offer a variant with the 2.25U slots split into two 1U slots. Would look cleaner for those that don't have any 2.25U artisans

Offline Space_Case88

• keebs, anime, video games and coffee
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 23:50:16 »
I like dis. I almost feel like it would be nice to only have one large artisan slot in the bottom center.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 00:09:28 »
It might be good to offer a variant with the 2.25U slots split into two 1U slots. Would look cleaner for those that don't have any 2.25U artisans

I agree on this.  A UV resistant lid would also be a nice addition if this will be exposed to light all the time.  Cool idea regardless, I like smaller artisan cases.

Offline $W4GK!NG

• Keyboard/Car/Audio Enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 02:11:00 »
Chicken enjoys

Man, Chicken be on da grind for that post count lmao

Offline erich8to

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 09:15:17 »
This is very nice

Offline Kaidesk_Lee

• * Vendor
    • Kaidesk
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 09:27:56 »
Fantastic concept and design! Looks like it shows off your artisans beautifully. I'm not a huge fan of handwriting style fonts, but that's personal preference so probably irrelevant.

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 12:07:57 »
Just want to start off by saying thank you all for taking the time to check out the post and for responding with feedback! I really do appreciate it regardless if you want one or not.

I like dis. I almost feel like it would be nice to only have one large artisan slot in the bottom center.
So bottom center as in remove the blocker?

This is very nice
Thank you!
Haha,  SO SICK. Good job :)

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk
Thank you!

Thank you for the feedback. So offering 2 variants might only become viable with larger quantities. Based on feedback so far I doubt I will get there on a first run. That being said, the creative juices are flowing and I have an idea that might make both sides happy. I am reworking the model and will have to get new quotes for it so hang tight. Just for my knowledge, what do you think of how it looks/works in its current state? I have a picture up where I have 2 1u artisans in the 2.25 slot. Is it unsightly? Thanks again!

I agree on this.  A UV resistant lid would also be a nice addition if this will be exposed to light all the time.  Cool idea regardless, I like smaller artisan cases.
Thanks for the feedback! So this topic is pretty interesting and I have been reaching out to artisan makers for opinions. I would also love to have a healthy discussion on this topic too bc I AM SUPER CURIOUS to hear what people have to say. I reached out to one of my favorite artisan makers and we chatted about UV and current/past case offerings. If you look at many of the GBs that have passed I can only see Archetypes beautiful Chronos being one of the only ones that state the lid is coated for UV protection. Simple acrylic and glass do not possess the ability to block "most" UV light in their common uncoated state. When you buy prescription glasses you get the ability to purchase similar coatings for your lens. I am no expert on the subject and would prefer to hear stories of how and when people noticed their artisans yellowing. This one particular maker mention their artisans are on their desk in a lid-less case and 2 have been on there for more than a year next to a window. Mixed resin is pretty resistant to UV compared to unmixed is what I was told. 

All that being said, on this particular design I really do like to see my artisans without any glare. The subject becomes one that appears in other worlds filled with collectors which is a split discussion. If you had the original Mona Lisa in your collection would you keep in a vault protected and never look at it OR would you hang up somewhere you could appreciate it. If you had a Ferrari F40 would it be a garage queen or would you take it out to the track? No wrong answer here at all. I bring this up to mention this case is for those who want to see them, grab them and swap them pretty frequently. You can even have the best of both worlds by having something like a Wongbox, Naptime, Stashbox, Sisi, or Chronos for storage/preservation of the larger collection and leave some favorites on the desk on here. This has a smaller footprint after all.

Super excited to hear some thoughts on this!! 

Fantastic concept and design! Looks like it shows off your artisans beautifully. I'm not a huge fan of handwriting style fonts, but that's personal preference so probably irrelevant.

Thank you! I am playing with the idea of moving the engraving to the back of the top piece. I will drop a picture soon and ask for feedback on that as well!

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 21:35:39 »

Thank you for the feedback. So offering 2 variants might only become viable with larger quantities. Based on feedback so far I doubt I will get there on a first run. That being said, the creative juices are flowing and I have an idea that might make both sides happy. I am reworking the model and will have to get new quotes for it so hang tight. Just for my knowledge, what do you think of how it looks/works in its current state? I have a picture up where I have 2 1u artisans in the 2.25 slot. Is it unsightly? Thanks again!

Personally speaking (by no means on behalf of anyone else) it does look a bit weird especially when the rows above are split into 1x1 slots.
There's also a possibility that if caps aren't aligned properly to the left/right in the 2.25u slot it just looks a bit weird lol

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 01:47:28 »
More

Thanks for the feedback! So this topic is pretty interesting and I have been reaching out to artisan makers for opinions. I would also love to have a healthy discussion on this topic too bc I AM SUPER CURIOUS to hear what people have to say. I reached out to one of my favorite artisan makers and we chatted about UV and current/past case offerings. If you look at many of the GBs that have passed I can only see Archetypes beautiful Chronos being one of the only ones that state the lid is coated for UV protection. Simple acrylic and glass do not possess the ability to block "most" UV light in their common uncoated state. When you buy prescription glasses you get the ability to purchase similar coatings for your lens. I am no expert on the subject and would prefer to hear stories of how and when people noticed their artisans yellowing. This one particular maker mention their artisans are on their desk in a lid-less case and 2 have been on there for more than a year next to a window. Mixed resin is pretty resistant to UV compared to unmixed is what I was told. 

All that being said, on this particular design I really do like to see my artisans without any glare. The subject becomes one that appears in other worlds filled with collectors which is a split discussion. If you had the original Mona Lisa in your collection would you keep in a vault protected and never look at it OR would you hang up somewhere you could appreciate it. If you had a Ferrari F40 would it be a garage queen or would you take it out to the track? No wrong answer here at all. I bring this up to mention this case is for those who want to see them, grab them and swap them pretty frequently. You can even have the best of both worlds by having something like a Wongbox, Naptime, Stashbox, Sisi, or Chronos for storage/preservation of the larger collection and leave some favorites on the desk on here. This has a smaller footprint after all.

UV damage is real.  You can look at any white artisan from years past and see the signs.  One maker may not experience it as much based on material selection, however its real.  You can look at window tint as an example.  There is tint that blocks UV rays.  Ive made this suggestion to other people in the past with no success, so dont feel like saying "no" is a bad thing.  Just throwing it out there.

But also, dust.

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 20:11:40 »
More

UV damage is real.  You can look at any white artisan from years past and see the signs.  One maker may not experience it as much based on material selection, however its real.  You can look at window tint as an example.  There is tint that blocks UV rays.  Ive made this suggestion to other people in the past with no success, so dont feel like saying "no" is a bad thing.  Just throwing it out there.

But also, dust.

I hope that didn't come out wrong. I 100% know that UV damage in resin is real. I've filled in cavities and cracks in live edge slabs with resin in my wood projects. If I were to look at some of the shelves throughout my house, there is one in particular with resin fills which yellowed quite a bit over time. It used to hang about a foot away from floor to ceiling glass windows on the 5th floor of an apartment complex that would get drenched in sun for a few years. That is the only one that has yellowed. So its not a matter of "if" more so its a matter of how long it takes under which conditions (which is beyond me to calculate lol). I have a wood table with resin filling that receives quite a bit of sun daily but is not in direct sunlight and it has not yellowed (about 6 years old). I imagine most desk setups are not in direct sunlight because it would be hard to work. All that to say.... I try not to let the worry take the fun out of the hobby. If I am too afraid of UV I would probably not even mount them on a keyboard either.

I do appreciate the input and the part where saying "no" is ok. Its a good reminder to myself. To be honest I do feel like if I adjust the design to accommodate a lid, I will need to raise the sides and we will have the typical box look which is great, but not what I was trying to do here. Most likely a lid will not happen on this design but I will keep an open mind as I continue playing with designs!

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 22:16:19 »
Don't add a lid. This is a Key tray, not a case. I have a few similar trays and I love that I can just swap caps in and out. Stay true to your vision. The people who want significant changes aren't going to be customers anyway.
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 11:10:07 »
Don't add a lid. This is a Key tray, not a case. I have a few similar trays and I love that I can just swap caps in and out. Stay true to your vision. The people who want significant changes aren't going to be customers anyway.

I am so glad you posted in here.... every time I describe this project to people I use the word tray. I wanted to call it a tray but ended up calling it a case. I didn't know if the word tray would make sense for most. Appreciate the words!! How you use your trays is how I use this!

Offline KevenKeys

Re: [IC] Keebsake Artisan Tray - (4.14.21 Update)
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 11:08:28 »
New update! See above.

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 10:49:13 »
New update! Would greatly appreciate input from anyone interested in the form!

Offline Conspireing

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 18:12:07 »
This looks great! Whats a good way to keep up to date with the status of this outside of geekhack? (I'm new to the website)

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 19:25:27 »
This looks great! Whats a good way to keep up to date with the status of this outside of geekhack? (I'm new to the website)

Thank you! For now, you can follow my IG at https://www.instagram.com/kevenkeys/ . As more details get ironed out and the website comes online, there will be a way to sign up for notifications :) . I will be sure to announce it in as many places as possible.

Offline Mwbowman

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 13:53:17 »
I will for sure buy if a lid is added but i think you should influence the design they way you choose because designs are usually best captured when the designer has free reign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 14:28:05 »
Been looking for something like that for a while and this one seems pretty much perfect.

Personally I like the lid, especially if it's removable. I don't change my artisans daily, and it's nice to have a dust cover.

My only worry is that it looks like this Tray will be pretty expensive. I really hope the Alu version can be at 100$ max.

Offline eatanygoodbooks

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 14:50:51 »
Been looking for something like that for a while and this one seems pretty much perfect.

Personally I like the lid, especially if it's removable. I don't change my artisans daily, and it's nice to have a dust cover.

My only worry is that it looks like this Tray will be pretty expensive. I really hope the Alu version can be at 100$ max.

I will for sure buy if a lid is added but i think you should influence the design they way you choose because designs are usually best captured when the designer has free reign.

Agreed. I will buy this either way, but a lid would be really nice if you can make it work. Only do what you feels right is for your project :).

Offline Nhils

• IG
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 16:34:01 »
Oooh I like :D
Definitely following this closely!

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 11:45:26 »

My prototyped lid, which can be seen in the render above, was the answer to the question on how to add a lid without changing the design. I do like this lid design and should have the prototype within 2 weeks.

The issue with  this type of lid is that its much more complex than what you've seen on other cases, which are just a flat piece of acrylic (those are dirt cheap). With complexity comes price and right now the only reason I have not guaranteed the possibility of a lid is because at 50 units (lets say half of the buyers want one) the lid is still quite expensive. However, I am trying to find other manufacturing methods. I believe this style of lid can be injection molded which would have a considerable initial cost (could be a few thousand for a mold) but a very cheap per unit cost. I don't want to get ahead of myself but what it comes down to is how much demand there is for the case. If there is plenty I will buy the mold.

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 11:56:52 »

Unfortunately the amount of parts + using 6063 grade aluminum (for finish reasons) will make the aluminum more expensive than your mentioned price. The poly would meet that budget and is really nice as well.

Agreed. I will buy this either way, but a lid would be really nice if you can make it work. Only do what you feels right is for your project :).
Appreciate that  :) thank you

Oooh I like :D
Definitely following this closely!
Thank you  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 May 2021, 12:05:52 by KevenKeys »

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 13:28:50 »
Alright thanks for the reply.

I of course don't know how much it costs to make, but even around 100$ already seemed fairly expensive to me when a good amound of 60-65% alu boards with pcb and plate are around 300$.
Or the WongBox+ currently in GB that is selling for 95$. I understand your design is a lot more complex, but it seems to use a lot less Aluminium.

I understand you cannot make a 1 to 1 comparison, but hopefully it's not too much over the 100$ mark.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 May 2021, 14:07:01 by CookieFlow »

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 18:17:41 »

I of course don't know how much it costs to make, but even around 100$ already seemed fairly expensive to me when a good amound of 60-65% alu boards with pcb and plate are around 300$.
Or the WongBox+ currently in GB that is selling for 95$. I understand your design is a lot more complex, but it seems to use a lot less Aluminium.

I understand you cannot make a 1 to 1 comparison, but hopefully it's not too much over the 100$ mark.

Yes you are correct on not being a 1-to-1 comparison and there is much to consider. Machining costs > aluminum material cost. Andromeda was $750 during GB... its a tkl like many others but about 2.5x the price tag. Its complex shape and curved sides require ALOT of machining time.

The more components, the greater the expense. The Adelie is a 50% keyboard and by that logic it should've been priced below $300 yet It sold out at $550 during its GB. Its more expensive because of the PVD sides and the number of components (its not a typical top/bottom as it has 2 additional side pieces in addition to its bottom weight).

Wongbox is certainly larger but I also didn't see anywhere listed the type of aluminum. I am going to assume it must to be 6061. If I ran 6061, my cost would reduce significantly. My choice was simply about finish quality consistency. Wongbox also does not have an aluminum stand. You have to pay $13 for a 3d printed one so really its $108 to compare to this.

A better comparison is the Chronos which is full 6063 aluminum and came in just under $200 with the additional order of legs. Thats a larger box and honestly good value. It is also my absolute favorite outside of my own. I would have bought one if I didn't make my prototype. Mine will be priced under the Chronos but again, keep in mind the number of components (aluminum Keebsake has 4 components in total)

I honestly appreciate you sharing your viewpoint. I hope that helps bring a little more clarity from this side of the table. At the end of the day, I prototyped 3 times because it was never meant to just "check the box" for artisan storage. I set out to make something special and I hope everyone who gets one understands and shares that same feeling. <3

Offline General_Pretzel

Re: [IC] Keebsake Artisan Tray - (5.9.21 Update)
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 19:05:23 »
Any chance you would consider getting rid of the blocker and adding a spacebar insert?

I have several artisan spacebars and nowhere to put them because no one makes spacebar slots in artisan cases for some reason...

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 19:14:55 »

Yes you are correct on not being a 1-to-1 comparison and there is much to consider. Machining costs > aluminum material cost. Andromeda was $750 during GB... its a tkl like many others but about 2.5x the price tag. Its complex shape and curved sides require ALOT of machining time.

The more components, the greater the expense. The Adelie is a 50% keyboard and by that logic it should've been priced below $300 yet It sold out at $550 during its GB. Its more expensive because of the PVD sides and the number of components (its not a typical top/bottom as it has 2 additional side pieces in addition to its bottom weight).

Wongbox is certainly larger but I also didn't see anywhere listed the type of aluminum. I am going to assume it must to be 6061. If I ran 6061, my cost would reduce significantly. My choice was simply about finish quality consistency. Wongbox also does not have an aluminum stand. You have to pay $13 for a 3d printed one so really its $108 to compare to this.

A better comparison is the Chronos which is full 6063 aluminum and came in just under $200 with the additional order of legs. Thats a larger box and honestly good value. It is also my absolute favorite outside of my own. I would have bought one if I didn't make my prototype. Mine will be priced under the Chronos but again, keep in mind the number of components (aluminum Keebsake has 4 components in total)

I honestly appreciate you sharing your viewpoint. I hope that helps bring a little more clarity from this side of the table. At the end of the day, I prototyped 3 times because it was never meant to just "check the box" for artisan storage. I set out to make something special and I hope everyone who gets one understands and shares that same feeling. <3

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation.

I hope I will be able to pick up 2  :thumb:

Offline UGunaLOSE

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 07:30:15 »
Oh I very much like this. Will be watching.

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 15:35:43 »
Any chance you would consider getting rid of the blocker and adding a spacebar insert?

I have several artisan spacebars and nowhere to put them because no one makes spacebar slots in artisan cases for some reason...

I hear your pain! That is why I created this case.... to cater for 2.25u artisans which there are no cases for. I personally don't collect spacebars and don't plan to. This case is not wide enough for spacebars. It would need to grow in width, which just wouldn't look as good in my opinion.

I think we have to let spacebars get a little more popular. I've had far more people ask for 1u versions of my case than 2.25u. I imagine once the scene catches up with anything larger than 1u, more options for spacebar sets will appear. I will keep it in the back of my mind.... maybe a spacebar specific case down the road to hold a few might be a good idea.

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 15:37:08 »

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation.

I hope I will be able to pick up 2  :thumb:

lol sounds good!

Oh I very much like this. Will be watching.

Thank you!

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 15:39:56 »
New update above! Brass insert prototype arrived!  :D

Offline yotasan

• ARCANE - PHOTOGRAPHY ARCHIVE
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 16:34:54 »
I love everything about this, It shows off artisans perfectly!

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 18:26:45 »
I love everything about this, It shows off artisans perfectly!

Thank you!!

Offline FishyKeebs

• hey
Re: [IC] Keebsake Artisan Tray - (6.5.21 Update)
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 00:38:36 »
I’m glad I didn’t miss this like almost every other gb, this thing is awesome!  Curious, so you have an estimated price yet?

Offline Re9456

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 12:14:05 »
Make sure the lid must be high enough for some artisan keycaps.

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 15:34:31 »
Make sure the lid must be high enough for some artisan keycaps.

So I made them tall enough to fit Ookeys which at some point were the tallest artisans I had by a decent margin. Then Clackeys came along with their Apollo and decided to go for the tallest artisan record (I'm joking lol). So the Apollo is about two millimeters too tall. Also have you seen Crafted By Annie's keycaps? They are very tall and probably the tallest I've seen/know about. I'm not sure I am going to keep chasing these new heights. At some point my design will look silly with a lid that is super tall. I've tested RAMAs, Bongos, Ookeys, Bearbie/bowbie, Domo, Tiny's Peach, Sirius, other metal artisan makers, Binirias and many others. There is plenty of space for them with room to spare.

What artisans are you interested in putting into the case?

I’m glad I didn’t miss this like almost every other gb, this thing is awesome!  Curious, so you have an estimated price yet?

Glad you are excited! Hang tight. More info to come soon!

Offline Bonobo

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 11:20:41 »
omg, I need it!  :eek:

Offline seikoholic

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 00:08:25 »
Looking forward to this! Glad I didn't miss the GB

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline eatanygoodbooks

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 18:47:15 »
Any update on this?  ;D

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 03:29:24 »
Also very interested to  know how this is progressing?
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline DERBS

• N E 3u bars avail?
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 16:27:04 »
Man that purple PC is top tier! hoping that color makes the cut

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 18:24:54 »
Still alive!! New update!

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 18:29:14 »
Looking forward to this! Glad I didn't miss the GB

You didn't and I will leave it open for 2 weeks to make sure everyone who wanted one will get one. Theres enough gate-keeping and exclusive boards in this hobby already.

Man that purple PC is top tier! hoping that color makes the cut

lol that color is the least popular but I am sending the prototype to Dutchmaster soon. I don't mind keeping it in the offering even if its only for a handful of people.

Also very interested to  know how this is progressing?

Update above! Thanks for hanging in there with me!

Any update on this?  ;D

Update above! Thanks for hanging in there with me!

omg, I need it!  :eek:

Your excitement makes me happy and excited!

Offline FishyKeebs

• hey
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 18:29:58 »
Thanks for the update, the lids look good

Offline seikoholic

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 18:31:37 »
Thanks for the update as well! can't wait to see how the copper will turn out. Might even buy extra insert to force patina!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 18:50:41 »
Thanks for the update, the lids look good

They definitely do look great! Thank you!

Thanks for the update as well! can't wait to see how the copper will turn out. Might even buy extra insert to force patina!

So I am guessing your vote is no clear?? The copper is in the picture... what did you think? It looks so good in person!