Author Topic: [IC] KAM Spooky  (Read 6109 times)

Offline LikeFrogs

[IC] KAM Spooky
« on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 18:28:16 »
228667-0228726-1
About
Presenting KAM Spooky, the essence of Halloween in keycap form!

I’ve been working on this set throughout October and with Halloween coming up I figure there’s no better time to put it out there. I’ve always loved Halloween colors and I’m working on a new board that I want a uniform profile for and thus KAM Spooky was born. I want to go with KAM profile because I prefer PBT but wanted to use the reverse dye-sub method that Keyreative offers in order to get the orange legends on black keys.

Let me know what you guys think! This is my first keyboard set so I don’t totally know what I’m doing so if you have any suggestions about a better way to do kits (or any other suggestions) please let me know.

Colors:
•   Dark Black + Black Legends: #000000
•   Lighter Black: #171718 (render at the top of the page has this as the black key color)
•   Orange: #f47920
•   Purple: #7349ac

Please fill out my interest check form to give me some feedback!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdjWwoXDlyEjiiEWFPxE8Wg1XFWflnNQ4WKFxP8ibmGBygAlQ/viewform

Kits
As I said, this is my first keyset and the multitude of kit options out there was a little overwhelming! I originally had just one "base kit" but all of the first few suggestions were to split up into more than one kit so that's what I've done:
Alphas
Original dark black on the left, proposed lighter black on the right. If you have a preference let me know in the comments.
228716-2228714-3

60 - TKL
228718-4

40%/Ortho
228720-5

Numpad
Original dark black on the left, proposed lighter black on the right. If you have a preference let me know in the comments.

Novelties
I also made some custom novelties in Illustrator that I’m pretty happy with. Here I’m showing one of each design I did, but number and color of each symbol could definitely be updated so let me know if you have any suggestions for that. I’m also up for doing some more designs if anyone has some cool ideas! (Old version of the novelties with the dark black is at the bottom of the page, but this is just here to show off the designs for now)
228732-8

Updates
•   10/22/2019 – Interest Check live
•   10/22/2019 - Switched from one "Base Kit" to more modular kits
•   10/23/2019 - Added higher resolution pictures for the kits, added lighter black color option
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2019, 16:04:49 by LikeFrogs »

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
Re: [IC] KAM Spooky
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 20:03:30 »
Cool set, encapsulates Halloween theme well :rolleyes:

For novelty ideas, possibly a couldron, gravestone and a candle? Possibly candies as well? All I can think of rn :p

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 20:18:33 »
Gravestone, skull? Like your pumpkin design.

Offline LikeFrogs

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 21:26:10 »
Glad you guys like it! I had actually already been planning on doing a gravestone, and those other ideas are good too. I'll see what I can pull off.

Offline TheAutoManCan

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 21:54:33 »
Novelties look great. This might just be me, but I feel like there is too much purple when looking at the fullsize layout. Just feels like it's clashing with the orange in my eyes.

Offline LikeFrogs

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 22:34:47 »
I've gotten a couple requests to lighten the black, which is honestly probably a good ideas (#000000 is kinda ridiculous...). Anyway, I think this one looks pretty good too, thoughts?
228687-0

Offline quagg

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 16:24:10 »
Interested in using it for a 40%. That pumpkin novelty looks great!

Offline Sneetzle

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 08:16:31 »
How about an all-orange or all-purple mod kits. I really like this idea, but I don't like the purple accents. I would be in for a black and orange set :) Wouldn't really matter sales-wise as making an entire orange set and purple set can be interchanged to make the set you showed

Also I like the lighter black better
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 October 2019, 08:19:58 by Sneetzle »
"Tokyo60 with GMK Terminal"

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 03:20:07 »
Will it be done by next haloweener?