Author Topic: Will Work for Keyboards?  (Read 3709 times)

Offline ShakeR

• http://mechanicalkeyboards.com
Will Work for Keyboards?
« on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 15:47:01 »
Dear fellow geekhackers,

Simply put, we lack the time / manpower required to do everything we want to do.  One of these areas is getting new inventory in that you guys have been asking for in our “Name it. We'll do our best to get it. (v2.0)” thread.

So, to add a little extra incentive and possibly get the ball rolling on some of these items, I offer the following proposal to anyone interested.

1) Contact us (support@mechanicalkeyboards.com) with an item you want us to carry with at least a reasonable amount of information on the item.  e.g. - "I really wish you would carry 'XXX brand' keyboards, here's a picture of one / link."  OR "I wish you sold PBT caps made by 'XXXXX'"

2) We will then let you know whether we think it's a product worth adding to our lineup.  Typically, we're looking for products not already available in the US that we don't already have immediate access to.  You can check our current list brands carried here: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php

3) If it does look like a good fit, we will give you the go ahead to track down the person in charge of distribution at a given brand / manufacturer.  What we need from you is reliable contact information for an individual within the company who can (a) make distribution decisions and (b) speak English (unless you are able to translate).

Note: When gathering this information, mentioning mechanicalkeyboards.com or why you are doing this is fine, but please do not claim / imply that you're an employee of mechanicalkeyboards.com

4) What's in it for you?

If we are able to establish distribution of the product using the information you provide...

Keyboards and accessories :)

Typically, we'll try to send you one of what you wanted / helped us procure for free or at a drastic discount ($50 off, $100 off etc.) We'll try our best to be as fair, reasonable, and generous as possible.

Factors that go into determining what is fair and reasonable.
a) Quality and quantity of the information provided, and the amount of time and energy required to gather the information.
b) The product or brand’s marketability and potential.

Sorry for the lengthy thread, but I’m trying to be as thorough as possible to minimize the chances of this idea blowing up in my face.  Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated :)
MechanicalKeyboards.com - What do you type on?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
Re: Will Work for Keyboards?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 15:50:51 »
This is pretty darn cool, we help you help everyone
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Will Work for Keyboards?
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 15:55:47 »
Now, to find a source for grey/dark grey switched keyboards.

Awesome idea Shaker!

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 16:32:36 »
Just curious...what counts as "not available in the US?" You can get pretty much anything in the US if you're willing to go through an agent, buy from foreign sites, etc...
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 17:19:19 »
Just curious...what counts as "not available in the US?" You can get pretty much anything in the US if you're willing to go through an agent, buy from foreign sites, etc...

Not shipped domestically within the US.

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 00:10:01 »
A couple clarifications if they weren't obvious enough to begin with...

1) this is an OPTIONAL proposal for keyboard enthusiasts who may already have helpful information OR may enjoy the search for such information.

2) This is NOT intended as an actual job. I thought the title was catchy and I apologize if it somehow gives the impression that we expect someone to spend hours upon hours gathering information in exchange for a set of key caps.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 January 2013, 00:50:15 by ShakeR »