geekhack Community > Keyboards

Newcomer into custom keyboards, looking at 98%/1800 layout

(1/3) > >>

dcisme:
Hey everyone at geekhack!

i am relatively new to this whole keyboard hobby (watched a lot of videos, yet to build one completely by myself), decided to move on from my 1st gen ducky shine which i used for 10 years, got myself a keychron K8 pro (for home use) and Q6 (for work) recently

and so i started looking at some higher end custom boards, personally prefer something with numpad, really liked the wind studios's x98 format with the full numpad (especially with the full size "0") but they don't offer RGB

would appreciate the community to share story on why 60/65/70% is a preferred choice for many and also recommendation on other 1800/98% boards for me to consider!

cheers!

MIGHTY CHICKEN:
Something along the lines of people just don’t need all the keys or just get used to layers for the most part. I find full sizes a little unwieldy and prefer a separate numpad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcisme:
ahh! thanks for the reply mighty chicken! so what are you rocking with?

MIGHTY CHICKEN:
I’ve been using a realforce 23u, I’ve also had a maypad from keyhive for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcisme:
nice! these are all new to me, i have heard about topre but never got to try it, just know that they are very expensive, whats your daily driver for keyboard then?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version