Author Topic: Ducky YOTD PCB help  (Read 1046 times)

Offline fidertenux

Ducky YOTD PCB help
« on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 04:58:03 »
Trying to fix this YOTD PCB that I got from a friend, the lft CTRL, ALT, and winkey dont work. I've tried continuity test on those 6 holes and the diodes, diodes all work fine, continuity tests are all fine and well connected to their rows and columns. Just can't seem to get them working when tested on a couple of keyboard tester and VIA. Any suggestion? thanks!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Ducky YOTD PCB help
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 12:36:17 »
How have you checked the row connection?  Those three switches are connected together then look to go to a via and from there to the controller chip so that does look like where the problem lies.  Maybe the pad is even detached from the trace under the wire...  There are probably other switches in that 'row' you could jump to but at least on my Ducky 'row' doesn't mean much so I wouldn't dare guess where they may be, and your full board pic is too blurry to see what's going on.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fidertenux

Re: Ducky YOTD PCB help
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 12:41:23 »
thanks for the reply, i actually got it solved a day after the posting. turns out my trace was wrong  :p before i give up i gave one last chance and found out how dumb i was, so with the correct trace, one of the three keys closest to the spacebar was detached, so i just bridged them with a wire outside and it worked fine! I appreciate your effort in trying to help me! thank you