Author Topic: Mini Keyboard with Trackpoint  (Read 376562 times)

Offline watduzhkstand4

Mini Keyboard with Trackpoint
« Reply #350 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 12:22:22 »
@ lowpoly
I would like to have the shiny all black one with red/blue switches please thanks =D
KEYBOARDS
Cherry Blue *Filco Tenkeyless w/ blank keys* w/ red ESC key thanks to Megarat
Cherry Red Noppoo Choc Mini
IBM Model M 1391401 12/15/88
Siig Minitouch w/ White Alps

SOLD
HHKB Pro 2 white w/ blank keys red ESC key and blank WASD keys
HHKB L-2
Cherry Brown Compaq mx11800
Dell AT101W
Cherry Red Leopold 104-key Otaku FC500RR/ABN

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #351 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 12:42:47 »
Quote from: watduzhkstand4;111786
@ lowpoly
I would like to have the shiny all black one with red/blue switches please thanks =D

What I would really love is Topre switches in this board even though I know that would drive the cost up.

lowploy,

Checked your site out again today noticed that you have put a few more renderings up. Just out of curiosity what are you using to render the boards?
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M Space Saver (1291472), Unicomp Customizer x 2
Cherry Brown: Filco FKBN87M/EB, Compaq MX11800
Black Alps: ABS M1
Not so great boards Rare Spring over dome OKI, Sun rack keyboard

Trackballs - Trackman Wheel (3), Trackman marble (2)
Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline watduzhkstand4

« Reply #352 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 12:51:29 »
Quote from: rdjack21;111789
What I would really love is Topre switches in this board even though I know that would drive the cost up.

lowploy,

Checked your site out again today noticed that you have put a few more renderings up. Just out of curiosity what are you using to render the boards?

lol I don't know about this one. I don't want two boards with similar form factor to use the same switches =D
KEYBOARDS

SOLD
HHKB L-2
Dell AT101W

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #353 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 13:00:59 »
I still want to eat the beige/brown one.  Looks delicious.

Come on lowpo, lets get this thing onto that taiwanese assembly line already :)

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #354 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 13:16:11 »
Quote from: watduzhkstand4;111791
lol I don't know about this one. I don't want two boards with similar form factor to use the same switches =D

It's the programmability of it that I'm after. Don't really like cherry blues and the browns feel flat after typing on a Topre. Don't know about the reds though I've not tried those. But if they have the high pitch click of the blues I will not like it.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE

Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
« Reply #355 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 14:51:56 »
Quote from: rdjack21;111794
It's the programmability of it that I'm after. Don't really like cherry blues and the browns feel flat after typing on a Topre. Don't know about the reds though I've not tried those. But if they have the high pitch click of the blues I will not like it.

Reds should be like non-tactile browns, or light blacks... i.e. light linear switches.
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #356 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 15:03:28 »
Don't think I would like those either. Oh well when he gets it to market I guess I will just have to settle on browns.
Keyboards

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #357 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 15:53:05 »
Quote from: rdjack21;111817
Don't think I would like those either. Oh well when he gets it to market I guess I will just have to settle on browns.

i wont like those either; a linear brown will be even lighter than the browns. thats why i'm 'settling' for blues on this board i guess.

I can understand why lowpo pretty much has to go with cherries though, at least initially. Not much choice; they're the only ones being mass marketed right now. XM's arent great and have a much smaller market; BS would have to be outsourced to unicomp? Topres would be frightfully expensive; And all the other switches are dead.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #358 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 16:31:46 »
If he could keep the price of a Topre version in the range of a HHKB Pro then I would not have an issue paying for it. And Topre does have a history of doing OEM boards. But I'm sure he could not do a Topre at first but I still like the idea.

The problem I have is the more I type on The Topre's the more I like them. I plugged my brown Filco in the other day and I have to say it was a disappointment it just felt flat and had zero character compared to my HHKB Pro.
Keyboards

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #359 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 16:35:18 »
You know, for as much as this might cost, he may want to look into having them done by Topre since they will already be expensive.  That, and he might make just as much money selling the design to someone like Topre, and just let them deal with manufacturing and selling the 'boards, although, I do think it would compete with the HHKB unless they use Lowpoly's design as the HHKB Pro 3.

Then again, Cherry blues won the last poll.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #360 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 17:04:39 »
Quote from: itlnstln;111847
That, and he might make just as much money selling the design to someone like Topre, and just let them deal with manufacturing and selling the 'boards.

for that matter, why not also license it out to unicomp too, if they'll take it? Since they seem too lazy to come up with their own 'mini' design...

Offline watduzhkstand4

« Reply #361 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 20:04:16 »
I say we should just go with the Cherry blues then -.-
KEYBOARDS

SOLD
HHKB L-2
Dell AT101W

Offline bigpook

« Reply #362 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 20:50:02 »
Quote from: wellington1869;111831
i wont like those either; a linear brown will be even lighter than the browns. thats why i'm 'settling' for blues on this board i guess.

I can understand why lowpo pretty much has to go with cherries though, at least initially. Not much choice; they're the only ones being mass marketed right now. XM's arent great and have a much smaller market; BS would have to be outsourced to unicomp? Topres would be frightfully expensive; And all the other switches are dead.

You know, those new fukka switches are pretty decent. I wouldn't mind seeing a lowpoly keyboard sporting them. Otherwise, I would probably go with the blue cherry.
HHKB Pro 2 : Unicomp Spacesaver : IBM Model M : DasIII    

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #363 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 21:08:44 »
are fukka's basically xm's?  
someone has to give them a medal for the name.

Offline watduzhkstand4

« Reply #364 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 00:32:34 »
lmfao I say someone needs so make audio clip for the fukkas =D
KEYBOARDS

SOLD
HHKB L-2
Dell AT101W

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #365 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 03:54:31 »
Quote from: rdjack21;111789

lowploy,

Topre switches are not very likely for various reasons. For ex. the controller will not work with capacitive switches, IMO.

The 3Ds were built in Rhino and Wings, rendered in Maya.

Quote from: wellington1869;111793
I still want to eat the beige/brown one.  Looks delicious.

Come on lowpo, lets get this thing onto that taiwanese assembly line already :)
The common assembly line won't work with the configurator. Have to order parts and assemble them at the distributors. If I'd just decide on a few variants it might be possible. But the configurator is important for me. Production on demand via the internet. It's the future. Have a look at the preview dummy.

Quote from: webwit;111857
Anyway, I don't think this is an issue for him unless I stand corrected. The Cherries are available and reliable.
Yepp. And they don't need a mounting plate. There's just no space for a regular mounting plate. It would require tests to see if a compromised mouting plate would work with Alps. With BS similar problems arise, for ex. it would be difficult to lead the membrane traces to the controller. It would require a sharp bend.

I have an idea for a switch with a smooth tactile curve. The first test worked quite well. So that would be a (remote) possibility.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 August 2009, 04:34:57 by lowpoly »

Miniguru thread at GH // The Apple M0110 Today

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #366 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 09:45:16 »
Quote from: lowpoly;111973
Topre switches are not very likely for various reasons. For ex. the controller will not work with capacitive switches, IMO.

I guess I need to think about this some more. I've been thinking of putting my own controller in a Topre board but not even sure where to find one to begin with. But I have noticed that the controller in the HHKB has few more chips on it but I thought those were related to the USB Hub not so much dealing with the switches. I guess I need to take apart a Realforce and see what they are using for a controller and maybe go from their.

The 3Ds were built in Rhino and Wings, rendered in Maya.

The reason I asked is I'm also thinking of writing a keyboard layout tool and was thinking I would use OpenGL for rendering the keys and such.
Keyboards

Offline bigpook

« Reply #367 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 10:39:37 »
I just got the filco tenless with the fukka switches. Its a noticeable improvement over the original XM's.

When I have some time I will post pictures of the switch internals. I still have some of the white XM switches so it will be interesting to see the difference.

I won't say much else about the fukka's. Let me run it for a week or so, then  I can be more objective.
First impressions are postive though.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #368 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 11:03:53 »
Quote from: webwit;112049
I am also positive about the fukka's. But, first I thought I liked them more than the real Alps, but now they do feel a bit more heavy.

how do they compare to the real simplifieds?

Offline bigpook

« Reply #369 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 11:31:34 »
that why I want to run it for a couple of weeks or so. I really like the black alps out of the Dell AT101.
The fukka's are a bit heavier and louder. I will have a better idea in a week or so. So far so good though. The XM's didn't take long before they were heavy and balky. Well see.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #370 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 14:22:05 »
I just want to say lowpo's preview site -*blew*.*my*.*mind*-

I'm speechless.

Lowpo's going to be rich - i'd bet money on that.

This is the future of keyboards.  If you dont believe me, look at the preview site.

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #371 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 14:47:47 »
I haven't taken a look yet. I keep meaning to but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm spending way to much time digging up Topre boards right now.
Keyboards

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #372 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 14:50:35 »
You have to login like three times, btw.

The only thing I can think of to improve lowpo's creation is for him to eventually be able to offer different kinds of switches (thus making the switch option just as configurable as all the other options (color, layout, etc) that he has.)

That can come later though. But would be awesome to have switch choice beyond cherries. Maybe after an initial success with cherries other switch companies will be interested in taking it on.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #373 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 15:02:15 »
Quote from: lowpoly;111973

I have an idea for a switch with a smooth tactile curve. The first test worked quite well. So that would be a (remote) possibility.

btw lowpo, this is intriguing. A smooth tactile curve? You mean same resistance level thruout the downstroke? Sounds interesting, potentially a 'meaty' feel. Which would be good.

Offline AndrewZorn

« Reply #374 on: Thu, 27 August 2009, 02:50:48 »
not that i read all 27 pages but i am confused.  are these for sale or will they be for sale, or do people WANT them to be for sale?

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #375 on: Thu, 27 August 2009, 08:23:11 »
Quote from: AndrewZorn;112241
not that i read all 27 pages but i am confused. are these for sale or will they be for sale, or do people WANT them to be for sale?

What you see is Lowpoly's prototype.  He is trying to work with OEMs to get them produced.

Bottom line: It's not for sale, but he's working on it.

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #376 on: Thu, 27 August 2009, 09:04:04 »
And don't forget he is also trying to get financing as well. Once he gets that though the rest should just fall in place.
Keyboards

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
Thumbs up!!!
« Reply #377 on: Fri, 28 August 2009, 16:14:03 »
I DIG IT!!!
So I checked out the preview site and not only was I impressed, but I was really excited! I suggest checking it out!

So I have a few design questions/comments for ya lowpoly...

- The back plate of the keyboard reminds me of a few IBM keyboards that I have at the moment.They had this tapered bevel/chamfer that raised to the back (similar triangle wedge to what you have under there). I mention this because not only did it look good, but it felt solid (considering how tiny and thin it was) and left a nice gap so things like cords could be tucked a bit better.

-Do you push down (just off the edge of the space bar) on those mouse tabs/buttons or do you push in? Or does it even mater because its similar to a lever?
I absolutely love that design, as I just looked down at my hands and that is where they are!!! What an easy and intuitive movement!

-Do you have a problem with or would you imagine there being a problem with the edges of the keys exposed like that? (no protective border to the sides of the keyboard)
I have used and messed with hundreds of keyboards, and in light use (a slight bang or snag) keys do pop off or could break the stem.
I mention this because it looks like one could easily snag the outside edges of the keys.

Sorry for the long post, but this is so very interesting :)
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #378 on: Sat, 29 August 2009, 09:59:46 »
Quote from: wellington1869;112093
Lowpo's going to be rich - i'd bet money on that.

LOL, experience tells me it's not going to happen.

Quote from: wellington1869;112110
You have to login like three times, btw.

It's because of the URL redirect I use. Or because I changed the user/password. Or... I looked into it and gave up. Sorry for the inconvenience. Better click on 'remember password'.

Quote from: wellington1869;112117
btw lowpo, this is intriguing. A smooth tactile curve? You mean same resistance level thruout the downstroke? Sounds interesting, potentially a 'meaty' feel. Which would be good.

No, not same resistance. A Cherry brown for ex. has a short tactile peak. A rubber dome has a longer peak. More like that. The switch will be kind of expensive though. If it works at all.

Quote from: clickclack;112762
The back plate of the keyboard reminds me of a few IBM keyboards that I have at the moment.They had this tapered bevel/chamfer that raised to the back (similar triangle wedge to what you have under there). I mention this because not only did it look good, but it felt solid (considering how tiny and thin it was) and left a nice gap so things like cords could be tucked a bit better.

It's mainly a design issue for me. Makes the case look much smaller from various angles. Also, makes the case smaller. :-)

Do you push down (just off the edge of the space bar) on those mouse tabs/buttons or do you push in? Or does it even mater because its similar to a lever?
I absolutely love that design, as I just looked down at my hands and that is where they are!!! What an easy and intuitive movement!

You push them in. Currently the rotation axis is at the lower edge.

Do you have a problem with or would you imagine there being a problem with the edges of the keys exposed like that? (no protective border to the sides of the keyboard)
I have used and messed with hundreds of keyboards, and in light use (a slight bang or snag) keys do pop off or could break the stem.
I mention this because it looks like one could easily snag the outside edges of the keys.

The keys are not as protected as with a regular bezel. With normal use it shouldn't be a problem. I already dropped it from considerable height and the keys didn't get damaged. Of course this depends on the crash angle.

I can imagine that throwing it in a bag with lots of other stuff may result in scratches or a popped key. But you shouldn't do that anyway. Maybe a soft bag would be good as standard equipment.

And you shouldn't lift the whole 'board on one or two keys. Maybe this will require a sticker on the bottom.

Offline ed_

« Reply #379 on: Sat, 29 August 2009, 10:10:23 »
What about the keys getting snagged; for example, reaching across your desk while wearing long sleeves?

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #380 on: Sat, 29 August 2009, 11:22:14 »
Quote from: ed_;112898
What about the keys getting snagged; for example, reaching across your desk while wearing long sleeves?

I just tried it (fast!). Nothing happens. The keyboard slides away, that's it.

Offline JBert

« Reply #381 on: Sun, 30 August 2009, 18:00:42 »
Quote from: lowpoly;112894
The keys are not as protected as with a regular bezel. With normal use it shouldn't be a problem. I already dropped it from considerable height and the keys didn't get damaged. Of course this depends on the crash angle.

I can imagine that throwing it in a bag with lots of other stuff may result in scratches or a popped key. But you shouldn't do that anyway. Maybe a soft bag would be good as standard equipment.

And you shouldn't lift the whole 'board on one or two keys. Maybe this will require a sticker on the bottom.
Maybe you need to design a complementary "keyboard lid" which closes the top of the keyboard. Of course, you'd still need a way to keep it closed...
IBM Model F XT + Soarer's USB Converter || Cherry G80-3000/Clears

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Currently ignored by: nobody?

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]

Offline AndrewZorn

« Reply #382 on: Mon, 31 August 2009, 01:46:31 »
Quote from: JBert;113198
Maybe you need to design a complementary "keyboard lid" which closes the top of the keyboard. Of course, you'd still need a way to keep it closed...
this is what i thought, if nothing else, a cheap accessory like a lens cover: nothing fancy, no locking mechanism, just a tight fitting soft plastic top... enough to make it okay to store and transport.

EDIT also, aside from Topre switches, this keyboard improves on everything i want from the HHKB.  how soon are we talking about here?  i would really hate for this thing to start production right after i buy HHKB.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 August 2009, 01:51:57 by AndrewZorn »

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #383 on: Mon, 31 August 2009, 11:55:13 »
Quote from: JBert;113198
This would be indeed nice. Considering the "low" quantities, every additional plastic part will be expensive, requiring construction, a mold, etc.

I want to have some accessories though, I have a long list already. :-)

Quote from: AndrewZorn;113270
EDIT also, aside from Topre switches, this keyboard improves on everything i want from the HHKB.  how soon are we talking about here?  i would really hate for this thing to start production right after i buy HHKB.
At least a year from now. I'll probably need at least two more months for the preview site. And funding alone can take a year. Then final construction, then the required tests (EMV, packing, etc.). Then production.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 August 2009, 11:58:14 by lowpoly »

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #384 on: Sat, 12 September 2009, 17:40:30 »
Lowpo, I hope you're planning on making it true NKRO -- both, fast typists and gamers, will thank you endlessly for it, as we increasingly realize how valuable that feature really is for those two classes of keyboard users. :-)

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #385 on: Sun, 13 September 2009, 16:47:07 »
I plan a diode for every switch. Not sure about ps/2. Only the combo ps/2 makes sense (with that passive usb/ps2 adapter) but I imagine it will vastly complicate controller programming.

Offline eugenius

« Reply #386 on: Sat, 24 October 2009, 00:24:11 »
ETA and price?  Convince me not to get a Topre Brown Tenkeyless. :)
Cherry ErgoPlus MX5000 + MX5700 / IBM Model M

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #387 on: Sat, 24 October 2009, 06:00:23 »
Quote from: eugenius;127983
ETA and price?

At least a year from now. No idea about pricing yet. There are too many unknown factors.

Quote from: eugenius;127983
Convince me not to get a Topre Brown Tenkeyless. :)

That's easy, it doesn't exist. :-)

I'm almost through with the english version of the preview site. A single nasty bug is still on my list.

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #388 on: Sat, 24 October 2009, 12:33:02 »
No, I moved the project to the root of the new domain. The old directory is gone. All of you who requested a passwort before will get an update mail, probably early next week.

Password protection will have to stay until the languages are complete.

The bug is some JavaScript crap when loading the rotate views. Looks like the onload event fires too early resulting in the image shown when it still contains the last keyboard viewed. I have a vague idea how to work around this.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 October 2009, 13:03:16 by lowpoly »

Offline fuzzybyte

« Reply #389 on: Sat, 24 October 2009, 16:46:39 »
aren't the mouse buttons in the way of thumbs for space bar? would it not be better to place them more closer together in the center?

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #390 on: Sun, 25 October 2009, 14:29:10 »
Quote from: fuzzybyte;128063
aren't the mouse buttons in the way of thumbs for space bar? would it not be better to place them more closer together in the center?

Not sure if I understand this correctly. You can press the spacebar and the mouse buttons will not interfere. They will even work with the spacebar pressed down. If I put my hands on the homerow with my wrists straight then the thumbs will point at the mouse buttons.

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #391 on: Sun, 25 October 2009, 14:45:40 »
UPDATE

The preview site programming is finished, content only in english so far. PM me for URL and user/pw.

The configurator is working.

Only one login necessary with the correct URL. :-)

You can switch to other languages but the content will be english and most likely dated. So make sure you switch back to english after having a look.

PM to those who already have a password is on its way.

Please do not post the name(s) yet. Thanks.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 October 2009, 15:02:07 by lowpoly »

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #392 on: Sun, 25 October 2009, 15:24:39 »
Quote from: lowpoly;128174
Please do not post the name(s) yet. Thanks.

(Cough!)

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #393 on: Sun, 25 October 2009, 15:27:49 »
Edit: :-)

I didn't change anything since the designs. xxxx-board is more like a label. minixxxx is one model under that label. Not saying there will be more models but that was the idea.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 October 2009, 15:55:55 by lowpoly »

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #394 on: Mon, 26 October 2009, 00:25:22 »
God, the preview site just made me so much more excited about the board.

Offline Hakhu

« Reply #395 on: Mon, 26 October 2009, 02:27:40 »
Excellent update.

I love playing with the configurator. ;-)

One item for the wishlist:

What keeps me from buying a current Cherry board is, that all keys have the same color. The old boards with duo-tone (function keys are grey) looks so much better. And it's not just me, two of my collegues are hunting ebay for duo-tone Cherrys.

So it would be great if the configuration allowed for different color function keys (tab, caps, shift, ctrl, alt, fn, enter, backspace).

Offline vyshane

« Reply #396 on: Wed, 28 October 2009, 09:42:52 »
Been playing with the configurator. So many variations and they all look awesome. Good luck finding the right combination indeed! I might have to buy a few!

Just a thought, maybe you could allow us to register our interest. Maybe a form to submit an email address. I would like to be notified when the boards make it to the market.

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #397 on: Wed, 28 October 2009, 10:04:05 »
Thanks for the comments.

Quote from: Hakhu
What keeps me from buying a current Cherry board is, that all keys have the same color. The old boards with duo-tone (function keys are grey) looks so much better. And it's not just me, two of my collegues are hunting ebay for duo-tone Cherrys.

I'll keep it in mind. There are a lot of color combinations already, several colors times several languages and different physical layouts. Probably not even all of those will make it into the production configurator.

Quote from: vyshane
Just a thought, maybe you could allow us to register our interest.

You can register for the newsletter, link is at the bottom of the page. I thought about putting an image link somewhere on the home page, maybe I should do that.

Offline timw4mail

• https://timshomepage.net
« Reply #398 on: Wed, 28 October 2009, 11:01:47 »
I have a few comments:

I really like the idea :)

Is there a possibility of a non-staggered key layout?

And the configurator does not work in Opera.
Buckling Springs IBM Model F AT, New Model F 77, Unicomp New Model M
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840
Linear Lenovo Y (Gateron Red), Aluminum kiosk keyboard (Cherry MX Black)

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #399 on: Wed, 28 October 2009, 11:49:06 »
Quote from: timw4mail;128789
I have a few comments:

I really like the idea :)

Is there a possibility of a non-staggered key layout?

And the configurator does not work in Opera.

Thanks. :-)

A non-staggered board would require even more custom keycaps. So this is probably not going to happen.

As for Opera, my ambition to deliver cross-browser compatible programming collapsed after it worked in IE8. Just checked the site in Opera 10. Looks like Opera finally renders pixel-sized fonts correctly. I'll look into the JavaScript issues. Thanks for bringing this up.