Author Topic: Hello from Seattle; keyboard kits enthusiast  (Read 2374 times)

Offline pott

Hello from Seattle; keyboard kits enthusiast
« on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 00:08:58 »
I got into the hobby about a year ago with a Tada68. Since then, I've put together an Iris and UT47.2, with kits for Viterbi, Sol, and DZ60 on the pipeline. I also use a Planck at work. I discovered it only last week... but 40% seems... just right, these days.

The tough part about putting together these kits is the keycap set. Thankfully Massdrops' latest Keycap re-drop had tons of spare Canvas XDA sets...
I write tons of SQL (analyst, not programmer) which requires underscores. On Ortho or smaller keyboards without this key on the top row, I tend to set it on the bottom right corner. Go find this with SA/MT3...

Attached a picture of my Planck with DSA Nerd; a super-versatile set, I've got tons of the things. Got Godspeed, Laser, and Canvas sets for future keyboards, and Space Cadet for my Ergodox.

I've been a huge fan of the 65g Zealios... Trying out the Halo Clears and Zilents 62gs now. The Planck has Box Thick Golds and WOW it is quite the crisp click. My Ergo and Kinesis have Blues which feel rattly and loose by comparison. I need to try more clickies.

I don't have my own forked GMK yet, relying on the GUI GMK toolbox instead. I tailor my keycaps setups text, SQL, and Media. I work while listening to most types of extreme metal and I not-so-secretly yearn for a metal or guitar-oriented keyset.

\m/

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
Re: Hello from Seattle; keyboard kits enthusiast
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 12:42:09 »
Welcome :)

:cool: Seattle gang :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!