Author Topic: Booper Makes Keycaps! - HAM  (Read 158504 times)

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
Booper Makes Keycaps! - HAM
« on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 21:40:00 »
Well, I've found the threads in this sub to be very helpful and inspiring so I decided I would join in and start a topic documenting my journey so far in keycap making!

--

A few keycap making threads really grabbed my attention and inspired me to give keycap making a go!
I experimented with a couple designs- working mainly with sculpey and an exacto. I figured if I was going to make a cap, I wanted to design something and not just cast a cap exactly from an existing piece.

I did the initial design with sculpey which was built up on a PBT plastic keycap as PBT has a higher melting point and will hold up when you bake the clay.

anyway, I made a little design, baked him, then got to making the mold. I decided to go with a 2 part mold for my keycap.

I found a size-appropriate box and taped it up around the sides after removing the top and bottom of it. I then created a clay base where I placed the keycap model.
I've read that brushing the silicone mixture onto your model helps the silicone to not bubble and make it into all the small crevices. Also, it is suggested that you do a "high pour" with the silicone mixture so that you get a really thin stream which will help get rid of bubbles.
More

I chose a silicone with a long pot life since I don't have a pressure pot or vacuum chamber to help in the process. This gives me more time to try and get the bubbles out by vibrating the piece.
After the cure time was up, I carefully pulled apart the box. I wanted to use it again for part 2 so I had to be sure and keep the box in tact.
I removed all the clay from the bottom side and cleaned up the edges of the mold.
More

For the second half of the mold, I glued q-tip stems to opposing corners on the keys to create a sprue(?) for the excess plastic to flow through. I'm not sure if this is the best way to do this, but it seemed like a good place to put the holes..
I also forgot to make a key so that the 2 parts would line up so I carved some little holes in the the mold. I didn't have a mold release, so I used a bit of petroleum jelly instead. This seems to be a no-no technically, but it worked fine for me. I do plan on getting some release though! Once everything was prepped, and the box was re-taped in place, I poured the second piece of the mold, again taking care to paint the silicone onto the stem and other surface areas.
More

After letting part 2 cure, I cracked this baby open! Waiting is the most difficult part.
More

Not too bad for a first go! Now time to try and cast a keycap :)

I used a low viscosity 2 part plastic. I measured out my part A and part B and added the dye to part A. I then poured them together and stirred slowly keeping my stir stick touching the bottom of the cup. Supposedly this helps reduce bubbles... I used a small brush to try and get the plastic coated all over the mold and in the small spots - then poured the rest of my plastic mixture. I coated both pieces of my mold in plastic before pouring and took care to give the stem area a lot of attention so as not to trap bubbles. After that, I smooshed the 2 mold halves together and "secured" it with a hair band. I let it cure for about 4 hours and Ta da! - keycap!

More

I had to clean up the flashing and sand the edges a bit, but I was surprised with how well it turned out! I can probably attribute that to all the awesome folks who have tried this before and posted their findings :D

Also, I got all my materials from Reynolds Advanced Materials. They are super helpful and knowledgable! I didn't know exactly what to buy to do all this so I basically told them what I was trying to accomplish and asked what they recommended for materials.

I've been able to make a few presentable keycaps, but more than half of them still come out with unacceptable bubbles. Now my next step to try and achieve bubble-freeness is to invest in a pressure pot/vacuum chamber. I'm also going to try a few other materials and additives!

Anyway, there's more to come eventually  :thumb:
I hope ya'll find this interesting/helpful!

« Last Edit: Tue, 11 September 2018, 17:22:07 by Booper »
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
Re: My adventures in keycap making!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 21:47:49 »
This is probably the most helpful and detailed tutorial I have seen, I was wondering how to make caps without the bubbling, so this is helpful!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 21:49:22 »
Wow, really nice guide! And your end result came out great, definitely didn't look like a novice cast :thumb:
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 21:56:55 »
I have no idea what's going on but it makes me want to do it lol

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 22:06:33 »
This is awesome. Thank you so much!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 22:17:05 »
Wow, really nice guide! And your end result came out great, definitely didn't look like a novice cast :thumb:

This is probably the most helpful and detailed tutorial I have seen, I was wondering how to make caps without the bubbling, so this is helpful!
Thanks!! I still get some bubbles, but occasionally I can get an acceptable cap with this method. :D

I have no idea what's going on but it makes me want to do it lol
Try it! It's a lot of fun! I was intimidated at first, but I've found it's cool what I can do if I just dive in and go step-by-step! Feel free to PM me if you have questions :)

This is awesome. Thank you so much!

No problem!  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 22:18:00 »
What temperature did you bake the caps at so the PBT didn't melt

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 22:25:22 »

For sculpey you bake at 275 °F (130 °C) for 15 minutes per cap.

PBT melting point is 433ish and ABS is 221 (fahrenheit). I did use ABS once and it did not melt for me but I don't know that I would try it again.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 22:26:47 »

For sculpey you bake at 275 °F (130 °C) for 15 minutes per cap.

PBT melting point is 433ish and ABS is 221 (fahrenheit). I did use ABS once and it did not melt for me but I don't know that I would try it again.
Thanks

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 00:15:21 »
This was an awesome read, thanks for doing it!
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Online HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 00:24:56 »
Nice tutorial booper :thumb: :thumb:
Very detailed

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 00:28:17 »
Very nice write-up :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Moralless

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 00:28:44 »
Nice write up booper  :thumb:

I especially found it interesting on how you brushed your mould with the resin before pouring it all in, haven't read that in any of the other keycap making articles.
Have you been able to test if it does reduce the amount of bubbles you get by doing a few casts without brushing the mould as a reference?

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 05:56:28 »
I enjoyed the read as well. Lately I wondered how to make keycaps and I've been looking for information. Thanks for the guide. I may contact you in a while for more info if you don't mind.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline MessyCaps

• Stressed out cap maker taking a break :S
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 06:32:13 »
Yep great images really helping me out. Yours came out crazy good for a first attempt I am going to assume mine are going to come out looking like chewed up chewing gum. I am going to flow this exactly with the same place process for pouring in the resin through the top. I have seen people do it from the side and I think your method would work out much better. AMAZING KEY CAP! :D

Offline joey

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 07:09:34 »
Great keycap!

Looks like fun, might have to put it on the "things to do some day" list!

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 09:54:34 »
I enjoyed the read as well. Lately I wondered how to make keycaps and I've been looking for information. Thanks for the guide. I may contact you in a while for more info if you don't mind.

Yea! No problem. I'm no pro, but I'll help out as much as I can :)

Yep great images really helping me out. Yours came out crazy good for a first attempt I am going to assume mine are going to come out looking like chewed up chewing gum. I am going to flow this exactly with the same place process for pouring in the resin through the top. I have seen people do it from the side and I think your method would work out much better. AMAZING KEY CAP! :D

Haha, thanks! Starting with a nice, smooth, clean design is important too I think! Also, I don't pour the resin in the top, those hole are for excess plastic to seep through and for bubbles to escape through

I especially found it interesting on how you brushed your mould with the resin before pouring it all in, haven't read that in any of the other keycap making articles.
Have you been able to test if it does reduce the amount of bubbles you get by doing a few casts without brushing the mould as a reference?
Thanks! I read to do that on an old tutorial that seems to be no longer available :( (nevermind, I found an archived version!)
I definitely think it helps! There are a lot of spots where the plastic has a hard time filling properly so making sure those areas get filled in before I pour the rest helps a lot. In this keycap, he gets bubbles mainly in the hose area and the stems on the back can be a pain in the ass.
The cap on the left has a stem bubble, the one in the middle has one in the hose and the one on the right is pretty decent.

I've found in some cases when I just pour, the plastic starts to fill in the hose cavity from both the right and the left and a bubble will get trapped in the middle where they meet, if that makes any sense? Brushing helps that out!
Great keycap!

Do it! It's not too bad once you get all the materials together :)

Offline MessyCaps

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 16:33:05 »

Yea! No problem. I'm no pro, but I'll help out as much as I can :)

Haha, thanks! Starting with a nice, smooth, clean design is important too I think! Also, I don't pour the resin in the top, those hole are for excess plastic to seep through and for bubbles to escape through

Thanks! I read to do that on an old tutorial that seems to be no longer available :( (nevermind, I found an archived version!)
I definitely think it helps! There are a lot of spots where the plastic has a hard time filling properly so making sure those areas get filled in before I pour the rest helps a lot. In this keycap, he gets bubbles mainly in the hose area and the stems on the back can be a pain in the ass.
The cap on the left has a stem bubble, the one in the middle has one in the hose and the one on the right is pretty decent.
Show Image

I've found in some cases when I just pour, the plastic starts to fill in the hose cavity from both the right and the left and a bubble will get trapped in the middle where they meet, if that makes any sense? Brushing helps that out!
Great keycap!

Do it! It's not too bad once you get all the materials together :)

Oh okay I see you squished the two halves together after pouring the resin into the mould as it was open. I think this may help reduce bubbles instead of using a channel to pour the resin while its closed. Although this way certainly does look messy  :p

Offline Moralless

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 21:38:30 »

Show Image

Thanks for the link :D.

It definitely makes sense that it would help in reducing the amount of bubbles that would be produced on the surface, but I just wanted some relative results just in case you're a natural pro when it comes to casting :p.

You should definitely try brushing different colored resin to get some funky patterns out of it, think those would look sweet.

Offline ReeferMadness

• Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 21:53:20 »
This is awesome, going to try.

Offline foopod

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 13:00:38 »
We you mind sharing a list of the materials you used and how much it all cost you to get started. I am really fascinates with this.

Looks great by the way!

Offline joey

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 16:52:53 »
We you mind sharing a list of the materials you used and how much it all cost you to get started. I am really fascinates with this.

Looks great by the way!

I was meaning to ask the same question :)

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 13:49:14 »

Looks great by the way!

To get started, it's about $120 to get all your materials in TRIAL SIZE. You can make 3-5 molds and a lot of caps with the trials size versions. I got my stuff from Reynolds Advanced Materials. If you call them for advice, they are VERY helpful and knowledgable.

Initially I ordered Smooth cast 327, omoo 30, a sample pack of colors, and mold release. Miscellaneous items like rubber gloves, small cups, small scale, etc. will come in handy.

the 327 has a low viscosity which means it has a longer pot life (drying time?) This is good if you have no equipment so you have some time to work out the bubbles.

Personally, even when I don't get bubbles I am still not completely satisfied with the quality from casting like this. To get better quality/clear caps, you will need to spend a nice chunk of $$ for equipment and materials (bulk materials, pressure chamber, vacuum chamber, etc.)

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 04:31:57 »

Looks great by the way!

To get started, it's about $120 to get all your materials in TRIAL SIZE. You can make 3-5 molds and a lot of caps with the trials size versions. I got my stuff from Reynolds Advanced Materials. If you call them for advice, they are VERY helpful and knowledgable.

Initially I ordered Smooth cast 327, omoo 30, a sample pack of colors, and mold release. Miscellaneous items like rubber gloves, small cups, small scale, etc. will come in handy.

the 327 has a low viscosity which means it has a longer pot life (drying time?) This is good if you have no equipment so you have some time to work out the bubbles.

Personally, even when I don't get bubbles I am still not completely satisfied with the quality from casting like this. To get better quality/clear caps, you will need to spend a nice chunk of $$ for equipment and materials (bulk materials, pressure chamber, vacuum chamber, etc.)

I wonder if BroCaps, CC etc. use such professional equipment. Do you know if they do?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 05:00:21 »

Looks great by the way!

I use smooth cast 326 but it dries flexible, does it dry flexible for 327? I found a method to fix it but it extends my time to make a couple keycaps.

Also you are using way too much silicone to make 1 keycap. I recommend you get some legos and start playing with that and try to find out what size you can make them.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 January 2015, 05:49:08 by carinaguts »
hi

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 15:27:19 »
how have i missed this thread?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 15:35:31 »
Ugh this makes me want to go play in Binge's basement again. Thanks for sharing Booper. Looking forward to seeing more updates :).

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 17:32:06 »
Ugh this makes me want to go play in Binge's basement again. Thanks for sharing Booper. Looking forward to seeing more updates :).
Why don't you! Me and a couple of other kids, even some younger than 10, are hanging out in Binge's basement right now, although I don't know when we will get out...

Offline MessyCaps

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 01:17:07 »
Why don't you! Me and a couple of other kids, even some younger than 10, are hanging out in Binge's basement right now, although I don't know when we will get out...

It is probably one of the more interesting basements to be trapped in.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 15:51:53 »
Time for an update!

I kinda knew there would be a point where I would want to buy equipment or give up on doing this because I couldn't handle the bubbles! I felt like it was a waste of time and materials to keep making caps that would have bubbles no matter what sooooo I decided to buy an air compressor and pressure chamber.

I've used it a few time now and initial results are looking good! I also sculpted a new design while I was waiting on the equipment/more materials.

Here are some pictures from the new batches! These are with molds and casting done in a pressure chamber. (in hindsight, I wish I would have cleaned up the edges more before taking photos! but o well)

Bye Bye bubbles! :D

« Last Edit: Wed, 11 February 2015, 15:56:08 by Booper »

Offline MessyCaps

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 15:57:18 »
Time for an update!

I kinda knew there would be a point where I would want to buy equipment or give up on doing this because I couldn't handle the bubbles! I felt like it was a waste of time and materials to keep making caps that would have bubbles no matter what sooooo I decided to buy an air compressor and pressure chamber.

I've used it a few time now and initial results are looking good! I also sculpted a new design while I was waiting on the equipment/more materials.

Here are some pictures from the new batches! These are with molds and casting done in a pressure chamber. (in hindsight, I wish I would have cleaned up the edges more before taking photos! but o well)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Amazing work booper, I love the new designs. I am so jealous you are so good at key cap making.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: My adventures in keycap making! - updates
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 15:58:12 »
Wow booper, those look great. So clean!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 15:58:36 »
Two new ones (at least new to me) and I can't pick a favourite because they're both so good - great work!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 15:58:37 »
The woman's face cap ... you can have all of my moneies

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 16:01:58 »
god damn booper, u going hard

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 16:16:21 »
The woman's face cap ... you can have all of my moneies
Two new ones (at least new to me) and I can't pick a favourite because they're both so good - great work!

Thanks! I'm always nervous to post new stuff! so I'm glad y'all like it. She was created because I wanted to do something with horns! Here are some more photos -

Thanks for the positive feedback!!!

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 16:29:49 »
Good lord you sure seem to have gotten the hang of casting in a hurry! These are wonderful Booper, the little monkey is so damn cute and I love your choice of colors! Hope you start selling these, cause those purples would go so well with the Bro Set I'm using :-*
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 16:30:21 »
I think that decides it in favour of the horny lady, does she have a name yet?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 16:39:04 »
Loving the ram-horny-woman-lady. Great work.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 16:50:26 »
Good lord you sure seem to have gotten the hang of casting in a hurry! These are wonderful Booper, the little monkey is so damn cute and I love your choice of colors! Hope you start selling these, cause those purples would go so well with the Bro Set I'm using :-*

:) haha, I tend to get pretty sucked into my hobbies and I really enjoy making things! I'd like to work on color consistency in batches and a few other things still. If I can get my ducks in a row, I may have smalls sales here and there but I don't really want to commit to anything at this point.

I was just calling her a demon for a while but I don't know that she is particularly demonic so I started calling her Lilith but I'm not so sure that really fits her either. I am terrible at naming things! Horny lady sounds pretty good. ;D

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 16:51:00 »

that's my vote for the name for that cap .. "the horny lady"

Offline joey

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 17:19:09 »

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 17:50:32 »
For some reason, the horny lady reminds of a dranei from WoW

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 17:58:09 »

:) haha, I tend to get pretty sucked into my hobbies and I really enjoy making things! I'd like to work on color consistency in batches and a few other things still. If I can get my ducks in a row, I may have smalls sales here and there but I don't really want to commit to anything at this point.

Your passion definitely comes through in the quality of your work! I'll be watching eagerly for what comes next :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 February 2015, 18:05:18 by MythicalWagyu »
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 18:01:03 »
Good stuff. Which pressure chamber did you purchase?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 18:54:48 »
Good stuff. Which pressure chamber did you purchase?

This little guy. Ideally I would have liked to get something rated around 100psi but I like this one. It's small and manageable and works really well for what I need it for. I did have to get a new pop off valve though because the one it came with would blow at like 30psi

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 18:59:05 »
Oooo, such progress booper :D. Great work. I call dibs on the trans purple monkey ;)

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 19:05:23 »
Holy **** nice work boop, these turned out amazing!
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 19:08:29 »
Oooo, such progress booper :D. Great work. I call dibs on the trans purple monkey ;)
If we're doing dibs I'll take the grey horny lady please :))
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline KeyCapsule

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 19:41:32 »
Wow Booper,

These look absolutely amazing. I can't believe how much of a difference there is between using vac/pressure and without. I've heard that Harbor Freight has a higher chance of failure. Did you find that to be the case?