Author Topic: What programming languages do you use for fun or work?  (Read 22053 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Re: What programming languages do you use for fun or work?
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 13:21:02 »
iunno

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 13:30:22 »
Good. Thanks.   :))
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2019, 16:54:45 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline quadcube

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 09:53:28 »
Python, bash, sometimes C.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 10:21:51 »
HTML  :p
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline iri

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline kwerdenker

• thinkkwer.eu
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 16:05:08 »
Mainly Embedded C/C++ and then a lot of Python, BASH, etc. for support stuff/tooling

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 03:09:35 »
I'm a freelance web developer. Been doing PHP for a decade now. Started a new job last summer that has me doing frontend again. Currently learning a lot of javascript with React as framework and also refreshing my CSS (albeit not a programming language).
pls gief bbv2

Offline yui

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 01:26:39 »
given that some peoples managed to make a css keylogger, you may be able to call it a programming language.

and for mine, C and arduino for fun and everything under the sun for work(joking only HTML, JS, PHP, CSS, VB6, VBA, Batch, bash, and a tiny bit of modified COBOL)(i have a fun work, love learning new things)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 19:56:44 »
given that some peoples managed to make a css keylogger, you may be able to call it a programming language.

Only if it is Turing-complete.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 13:30:50 »
Bash, Powershell, Python, and every so often some HTML5.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 02:34:48 »
When I was younger I did a lot of C/C++/ASM/Java/Javascript but now for work I do a lot of PHP, python, and shell. 

Python can be really powerful and I think for general purposes it is a great language to learn.  Once you 'outgrow' it or it doesnt fit your usecase anymore well you've done that journey and should know by then what the better technology is.
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline bliss

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 16:07:39 »
Python and C; and for fun I do 68k Assembly, Brainf*ck and I want am going to learn FORTRAN ;D

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 14:23:54 »
Work: Perl, Python, Bash scripting, Rust
Home: Perl, Rust, C if I'm feeling cheeky

Perl is still probably my favorite language, and I find most programs that I need to write can be done very quickly, with little boilerplate in Perl. It also exposes so many ridiculous interfaces for doing funky stuff (often pointed to as the "downsides" of the language).

Have been doing a lot of Rust recently at work and home though, and enjoy it so much. Feels like C but way easier  ;D
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 February 2020, 14:25:49 by esko997 »
Daily Drivers:  Unicomp Customizer (BS -- Linux Layout) | Vortex Race 3 (Clears)
Other Boards: CM Quickfire Stealth (Greens) | Poker II (Blues) | PLU-ML 87 (Ergo Clears)  | JD40 (Browns) | Leopold FC660C (Topre) | IBM Model M | ErgoDox (Clears) | Sentraq s60x DIY (Blacks) | Anne Pro 2 (Blues) | Cherry G80-11900 (Blacks) | Kira (99 Key) (Hako True)

Offline zekth

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 04:16:03 »
Work : NodeJs / GoLang / Python / Bash / DevOps overengineered frameworks . Used to C# before
Home: NodeJs / Golang / CPP / Rust / GoLang / Haskell and ... PHP (when i'm forced to...)

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 19:40:05 »
Only thing I really touch anymore is PowerShell and AHK. Some Python/Bash in the past, but haven't done much lately.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline gorauskas

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 20:24:46 »
Python, NodeJs + React for personal projects.  Kotlin, Java, NodeJS + React for work. Always with a sprinkle of Bash here and there ...