Author Topic: Post your BS boards here!  (Read 433454 times)

Offline funkmon

Re: Post your BS boards here!
« Reply #900 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 23:44:30 »
staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhp. By the way, my order from Unicomp just got sent out where I tried to get them to give me a full set of white on black keycaps. Let's see what happens. Also coming back is my M13 and 4 industrial cases.

My only problem with the industrial cases is that I'm not going to sacrifice my good terminal cases with the long legs for these stumpy legged cases, or the square badged models either. So I only have a single board to put in them at the moment, a 1991 terminal, though I've got an extremely late Lexmark from September of 1995 that doesn't work that I might send out to Unicomp and get fixed up. So that's 2. I guess I could take apart a few of my POS terminals and put them in cases, but keep one intact. I need another Soarer's converter for that crap.

Offline JP

« Reply #901 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 23:47:47 »
Here’s another one

Before

(Attachment Link)

After

(Attachment Link)

Oh wow!!!  :thumb: :thumb:

Where did you get the black badge from?
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline JP

« Reply #902 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 14:07:34 »
Vanilla Model M with specialized Quotron financial key caps.
244409-0

Model M found saved from a building being renovated. Lots of unusual custom keys. The relegendable keys on at the top function row refer to different cities in Indiana.
244411-1
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 June 2020, 08:37:07 by JP »

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #903 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 15:40:32 »
Here’s another one

Before

(Attachment Link)

After

(Attachment Link)

Oh wow!!!  :thumb: :thumb:

Where did you get the black badge from?

Thanks. It's actually a high quality sticker I got off a guy who makes them on eBay.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #904 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 19:57:17 »
Here's a new keyboard. Still wrapped in plastic when I opened it from its repair in 2002.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #905 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 21:30:22 »
IBM Model M 1395100 - Eagle Computers Branded

(Attachment Link)

Never seen one of these before, would love to own one of these type of off-branded boards some day. Very cool.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline JP

« Reply #906 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 08:30:45 »
IBM Model M 1395100 - Eagle Computers Branded

(Attachment Link)

Never seen one of these before, would love to own one of these type of off-branded boards some day. Very cool.

I bought this one solely because of the logo. It was just super interesting to me. Occasionally I'll spot off-branded Model M's on eBay but usually they are not that interesting to me considering I already have enough Model M's as it is. This board is a bit of a mystery to me. I really couldn't find much. My research led me to Eagle Computer Inc. which manufactured one of the first IBM PC clones and is known perhaps more for the tragic fate of it's CEO. However I don't see a tie to this company since they went out of business by 1986 and the logo is different. I also see a few similarly named companies from my google searches.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 June 2020, 12:04:45 by JP »

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #907 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 15:44:41 »
Dang JP you always find the coolest boards 😩✊

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline funkmon

« Reply #908 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 20:18:11 »
Here's a much less cool board.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #909 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 02:08:01 »
You guys may remember the Industrial Lexmark I have. Well, I've updated it a bit and gotten some US-International keycaps, since I type on US-International. I don't know why I never thought ot buy keycaps with this legend on them before! Crazy!

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #910 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 19:37:46 »
You guys may remember the Industrial Lexmark I have. Well, I've updated it a bit and gotten some US-International keycaps, since I type on US-International. I don't know why I never thought ot buy keycaps with this legend on them before! Crazy!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice dude!

Offline sharktastica

• CompSci research student, IBMer, r/ModelM mod
    • Admiral Shark's Keyboards
« Reply #911 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 09:17:20 »
Got an Ambra Model M!

Unfortunately, it's not an AMB100x with the blue-grey case and bottom-left aligned italic keycaps, but I can't find any information about the AMB2001 so I'll be taking lots of better photos once it's cleaned up. It came with single-piece standard ISO UK keycaps that are not pictured since I'm in the process of cleaning them (the keycaps attached are just there to allow me to test the keyboard in the meantime).
245801-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 June 2020, 09:19:22 by sharktastica »

Offline JP

« Reply #912 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 09:37:04 »
Got an Ambra Model M!

Unfortunately, it's not an AMB100x with the blue-grey case and bottom-left aligned italic keycaps, but I can't find any information about the AMB2001 so I'll be taking lots of better photos once it's cleaned up. It came with single-piece standard ISO UK keycaps that are not pictured since I'm in the process of cleaning them (the keycaps attached are just there to allow me to test the keyboard in the meantime).
(Attachment Link)

Neat. I've never seen that particular Ambra logo.

Offline sharktastica

« Reply #913 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 05:44:53 »
My second Wheelwriter keyboard!

About a month ago, I managed to snag an entire Wheelwriter 3500 for just £1, however, the rest of the typewriter is not in working order despite all looking as immaculate as this keyboard assembly. Unusually, this assembly is dated 2001, so I've asked Unicomp if they could enlighten me (ie, is it something they've made/repaired).
245846-0
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 June 2020, 05:56:40 by sharktastica »

Offline funkmon

« Reply #914 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 17:52:29 »
What so you think the odds of being able to turn that thing into your own custom SSK are?

Offline sharktastica

« Reply #915 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 05:41:07 »
What so you think the odds of being able to turn that thing into your own custom SSK are?
It is inevitable.

Offline sharktastica

« Reply #916 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 09:40:24 »
IBM 3151 ASCII Display Station Keyboard + Unicomp APL keycap set = lots of cool sublegends.
246093-0

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #917 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 11:25:17 »
Setting this thing back up on my work rig because it’s basically the best keyboard I own. This thing is flawless to type on.

246210-0

Offline JP

« Reply #918 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 11:47:14 »
Wow, nice!  ;)

Offline funkmon

« Reply #919 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 21:19:09 »
Setting this thing back up on my work rig because it’s basically the best keyboard I own. This thing is flawless to type on.

(Attachment Link)

When I grow up I want to have a square badge industrial.

Offline sharktastica

« Reply #920 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 12:49:16 »
Red pill or blue pill?
246358-0

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #921 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 12:52:08 »

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #922 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 15:56:39 »
246362-0

246364-1

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #923 on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 18:20:24 »
When I grow up I want to have a square badge industrial.

Square badge industrial SSK.  Same here: by the time I'm a grandpa I hope I'll have one : )
HHKB Pro JP (daily driver) -- HHKB Pro 2 -- Industrial IBM Model M 1395240-- NIB Cherry MX 5000 - IBM Model M 1391412 (Swiss QWERTZ) -- IBM Model M 1391403 (German QWERTZ) * 2 -- IBM Model M Ambra -- Black IBM Model M M13 -- IBM Model M 1391401 -- IBM Model M 139? ? ? *2 -- Dell AT102W -- Ergo (split) SmartBoard (white ALPS apparently)

Offline JP

« Reply #924 on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 20:28:40 »
246455-0

246457-1

Offline funkmon

« Reply #925 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 01:06:32 »

I love they 4704 keyboard Fraser. I might do the same thing on mine. I haven't decided yet.

And JP that thing looks mint! What a great board.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2020, 01:19:06 by funkmon »

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #926 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 06:17:32 »
Show Image

I love they 4704 keyboard Fraser. I might do the same thing on mine. I haven't decided yet.

And JP that thing looks mint! What a great board.

Thanks! It’s fun when you finally learn all the things unicomp can offer as you are discovering  :D :thumb:

Did you finally find a 107 or did you already have another one? Or is it a new model f?
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2020, 06:23:24 by ddrfraser1 »

Offline funkmon

« Reply #927 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 11:26:22 »
I have found one, off the books. Orihalcon dug one out of his basement, unrestored, but in good condition, that he's billing me for. And it's for a lot of money so I better never buy another keyboard again. *crosses fingers*

Offline JP

« Reply #928 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 11:59:35 »
I have found one, off the books. Orihalcon dug one out of his basement, unrestored, but in good condition, that he's billing me for. And it's for a lot of money so I better never buy another keyboard again. *crosses fingers*

Nice!  :thumb: I said the same thing myself on multiple occasions   ;D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #929 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 16:22:43 »

Orihalcon dug one out of his basement, unrestored, but in good condition

Ask him very nicely if he would install an Xwhatsit for you. It looks like tedious task and he is good at it.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline funkmon

« Reply #930 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 19:46:56 »
Yeah I did and he charged me for that, too. I'm dying. But then again, I paid for it so it's a fair price. lol

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #931 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 21:37:34 »
Yeah I did and he charged me for that, too. I'm dying. But then again, I paid for it so it's a fair price. lol

It's worth it. Can't wait to see pics!

Offline funkmon

« Reply #932 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 01:06:35 »
My problem is that my desk is wicked small. A normal Model M already overlaps my mousepad significantly. I'm actually thinking about buying a new desk just for that keyboard. As it is, my monitors are already too big, so it's more along the lines of the straw that broke the camel's back.

In the mean time however, I've thrown the US-International keys onto my XT. The thing is, and some of you may have known this but some of you may have not, the Unicomp keys are a slightly shorter throw than the normal XT keys, so the typing feels ever ever so slightly different. Not substantially, but it does feel more like a perfect Model M as opposed to an F. It's kind of interesting. I'm going to stick with it to see what happens. You can also see the major difference in colour between the Unicomp keys and the old XT keys. Very strange.

I rewrote this post in the time it took to upload the photo btw.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #933 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 21:44:32 »
That is my problem with my F107 as well -- I feel it in my shoulder reaching all the way over for the mouse after a bit of use.

For a time I was using a trackpad in front of the keyboard which actually wasn't bad, but there's something about a mouse that drew me back. That and my F107 is currently at our quarantined office  :blank:
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #934 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 22:54:45 »
Ya'll need some bigger desks  :D

Offline downtownHippie

« Reply #935 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 10:09:31 »
I retired the pearl/pebble one when I retired a few years ago, and looking to put this box of gateron greens I have a to use soon, so might retire the black one then.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #936 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 05:26:08 »
Let me know if you want to send your retired boards to a good home and not the glue factory! :D

Offline JP

« Reply #937 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 09:24:43 »
I retired the pearl/pebble one when I retired a few years ago, and looking to put this box of gateron greens I have a to use soon, so might retire the black one then.

If you try hard you might be able to wear out one of these boards in your lifetime.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #938 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 09:41:33 »

If you try hard you might be able to wear out one of these boards in your lifetime.

Impossibru

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #939 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 09:58:47 »
My problem is that my desk is wicked small. A normal Model M already overlaps my mousepad significantly. I'm actually thinking about buying a new desk just for that keyboard. As it is, my monitors are already too big, so it's more along the lines of the straw that broke the camel's back.

In the mean time however, I've thrown the US-International keys onto my XT. The thing is, and some of you may have known this but some of you may have not, the Unicomp keys are a slightly shorter throw than the normal XT keys, so the typing feels ever ever so slightly different. Not substantially, but it does feel more like a perfect Model M as opposed to an F. It's kind of interesting. I'm going to stick with it to see what happens. You can also see the major difference in colour between the Unicomp keys and the old XT keys. Very strange.

I rewrote this post in the time it took to upload the photo btw.

Hopefully if you keep your eyes open, you may find yourself a SSK.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #940 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 11:21:02 »

I finally had some time to play with the Xwhatsit **** and get this thing going. Holy smokes. I thought there wasn't a better feeling keyboard than the XT. I was wrong. This is everything the XT was and more.

And, as some of you guys may know, I have always had 2 issues with the Models F: the layout and the sound. Well, this thing doesn't help with the sound, but the layout is basically the same as a Model M the way I have it set up. It's arguably even better, since it has room for that Windows key.

This is it boys. I've hit the peak and there's nowhere to go but down.

Confirmed: I'm going to need a bigger desk.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 July 2020, 11:25:25 by funkmon »

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #941 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 21:15:56 »
Show Image

I finally had some time to play with the Xwhatsit **** and get this thing going. Holy smokes. I thought there wasn't a better feeling keyboard than the XT. I was wrong. This is everything the XT was and more.

And, as some of you guys may know, I have always had 2 issues with the Models F: the layout and the sound. Well, this thing doesn't help with the sound, but the layout is basically the same as a Model M the way I have it set up. It's arguably even better, since it has room for that Windows key.

100% agree, they're really something to type on.

I highly recommend trying the floss mod on it if you haven't, it's very easy to try on a few switches at a time, and easy to remove afterwards if you don't like it. Can also use paracord core if you can't find the proper type of floss.

Offline downtownHippie

Offline sharktastica

« Reply #943 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 12:19:12 »
248717-0

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #944 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 15:42:56 »
one day I hope to have a real BS board to add to my collection, closest thing I have is an older Dell/MSFT unit in size and layout.  But it is far from a BS board, still kick myself for allowing my uncle to toss the board we had with our 486 - tossed it a year before I learned what it really meant/was.  I still visit the eWaste center I worked at to see what they have and no luck so far.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline BrooklynTony198

• A person was here.... Now its only keyboards.
« Reply #945 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 20:02:36 »
I'm going off hunting everyone! Wish me luck as I try to bring back some lesser keyboards to add to the collection.

IBM Model M5-2        IBM Model F XT       Asteria60             AntaresTKL           Scorpii9

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #946 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 13:08:03 »
Show Image

Oh cool! Glad you got one. Now we are F107 blood brothers  ;D :thumb: Any customization plans?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #947 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 08:27:16 »

one day I hope to have a real BS board

Get a Unicomp.

New, warranty, native USB, Windows keys, under $100. Certainly the best value out there.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #948 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 00:32:42 »

one day I hope to have a real BS board

Get a Unicomp.

New, warranty, native USB, Windows keys, under $100. Certainly the best value out there.

+1 Fohat! I still have a 103 key UNI0446 PS/2 keyboard! Great Choice!
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 August 2020, 00:35:17 by Snowdog993 »

Offline Casserole

Post your BS boards here!
« Reply #949 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 02:02:09 »
Siiick
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 August 2020, 02:04:07 by Casserole »