Author Topic: Medical BS by Unicomp  (Read 3564 times)

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
Medical BS by Unicomp
« on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 18:18:22 »
Found this in the storage/warehouse area of a hospital. I went there for a day to help out. Going to ask the lead on the job if they can inquire about it for me.

Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline darkspider

Re: Medical BS by Unicomp
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 18:28:35 »
Cardiovascular numpad looks very cool ;)
IBM Model F AT         Model M silver label    Model M gray label    Majestouch 2 Ninja

Brand New F62 Kishsaver / F77 Industrial Model F's made this year

Offline Altis

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 18:51:57 »
Unicomp is still around and they're quite friendly. I'd encourage you to contact them to see what you can find out.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 19:14:44 »
I would love an "ART" key.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 20:44:51 »
Very cool find! I'm sure people would kill for those yellow caps.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 21:02:56 »
This is a pretty cool board  :thumb: great find !!!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 21:06:42 »
Ha that's awesome. I've got a very similar board. The caps are so cool.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 21:10:59 »
wow, sweet colors!
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 02:06:52 »
Awww, it doesn't have the"urine" key xD . Still, nice find :) .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 07:17:49 »
Unicomp is still around and they're quite friendly. I'd encourage you to contact them to see what you can find out.
I second this.  I bet they know exactly why they made the board.  I think they also may still have the ability to make the keycaps, so getting an 'art' one may be pretty easy.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 00:17:31 »
Very nice :)

If you don't want those yellow keys, you know where to PM me ... ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline haskeller

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 11:20:31 »
I got the same one, unfortunately,  the cable was cut off.  but still a part  stay here. I can found the cable color from up to down are    white black yellow red.    can you tell me how to adjust to  v+ ground data and clock?  thanks very much?

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 19:31:16 »
I got the same one, unfortunately,  the cable was cut off.  but still a part  stay here. I can found the cable color from up to down are    white black yellow red.    can you tell me how to adjust to  v+ ground data and clock?  thanks very much?

These are usb, right? Not ps/2? Maybe they made both? If you take the board apart, the pins on the controller that the cable attaches to might be labeled. If USB, it should be something like 5v/VCC, data+, data-, and ground. Those colors don't seem, to me, to follow any specific standard.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 06:24:44 »
You could buy a new cable from Unicomp - either PS/2 or USB. See https://www.pckeyboard.com/page/product/ACable

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 21:48:52 »
These pop up on ebay from time to time, usually for around 60, I've thought about getting one for awhile, I hope eventually to actually do so, as I love these sort of industrial use keyboards.

I once saw an auction for just the set of keycaps, and I still wish I'd have jumped on it. It was only like 20 bucks.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 22:14:53 »
These pop up on ebay from time to time, usually for around 60, I've thought about getting one for awhile, I hope eventually to actually do so, as I love these sort of industrial use keyboards.

I once saw an auction for just the set of keycaps, and I still wish I'd have jumped on it. It was only like 20 bucks.

You can't even get a normal set for a price like that normally. I know I picked up a parts board missing a cap or two for $30 recently, and that was just a regular late 80s Model M.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 23:13:24 »

You can't even get a normal set for a price like that normally. I know I picked up a parts board missing a cap or two for $30 recently, and that was just a regular late 80s Model M.

It's why I regretted it, I was trying to tighten the belt on purchases, and I hadn't yet switched jobs again. I've certainly learned, what is and isn't good deals in the last few months.

I was also kinda sketchy about getting a medical keyboard, being that it was around medical work, I wonder if they are much nastier than a standard board...

I still want those caps though!

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 23:47:04 »

It's why I regretted it, I was trying to tighten the belt on purchases, and I hadn't yet switched jobs again. I've certainly learned, what is and isn't good deals in the last few months.

I was also kinda sketchy about getting a medical keyboard, being that it was around medical work, I wonder if they are much nastier than a standard board...

I still want those caps though!

Honestly, I imagine they're all close to immaculate. They're always wearing nitrile gloves, and changing them often.

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 07:18:48 »

I wonder if they are much nastier than a standard board...

Just wear gloves when you break it down, then you can clean and sanitize every piece. That is what I like about ancient IBM iron - I can thoroughly clean every single component.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 09:17:28 »
This is true, I mean, if I were to get one of these, it'd be cleaned like any other board.

I'll be on the watch for one. I'm hoping, but as far as I know their contract to make these boards ended some years back, so I don't think they are terribly common.