Author Topic: [IC][Ocean Pearl] TKL87  (Read 3871 times)

Offline haingo1094

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
[IC][Ocean Pearl] TKL87
« on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 23:35:13 »

Update:
I just made a survey form to check your interest, please have a look at our product and give us your feed backs. Thank you.

Survey link: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fforms%2Fd%2Fe%2F1FAIpQLSdoyvaNLioaGybegMlNK1KhyOSdXw-oioKg1_E8AdJbYyMW9w%2Fviewform&h=AT36hav8ZdcoV0mLqwbiQnqbxZFM3iHUzm-buH4Q8Fp_jMrFeUQuEflmAXwO7OLQNNKrNSFOf_MMNhGj4-1T8V7ug3e0-mqPAwTZFxxv1dCDul2KJ8LcQ0kIPtSDZZ6FqNXs9Q

Hi all, I want to introduce to you my very first design and the prototype I made
The "OCEAN PEARL" keyboard has 2 options for all of you: winkeyless layout and Brass - circle layout.

With full CNC aluminum kit consist 4 parts: Bottom, Top, 2 Sides and Plate

The "Brass-circle" layout with special icon is made from brass and resin (led can go through).

We also have a brass logo at the bottom face with the word "OCEAN PEARL"

Weight: 2.5 to 3kg per kits

Colors: Optional

- Titan + red sides and blue plate
     - Black + orange for sides and plate
     - Light Blue + Light yellow for sides and plate
     - Mix

Price:

- Around $390 and can be lower depending on quantity (include tx87 pcb).
     - The price will decrease for every $20 if the number of orders reach to number 21, 41 and 61

There are some mistakes during manufacturing and designing. However, we fixed them all so the quality improves significantly.
Here are my picture both from render and real product. We wish to have your feedback anyway so we can improve and provide to you a perfect keyboard that you need.

My ability in rendering is bad, so the quality of render picture might not be able to satisfy you. Please forgive us. ;D ;D ;D

Render:

The real pictures are much better (I guess)

https://imgur.com/a/TYVtDmp
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 July 2018, 16:51:24 by haingo1094 »

Offline mdlt97

• This **** is still better than Keebtalk
Re: [IC][Ocean Pearl] TKL87
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 23:42:57 »
some pretty wack font on the weight but someone will like it

not my cup of tea but

glwgb!!
TX60 | Duck TC-V3 | Duck Eagle V2 1/1 Bottom | Zephyr r2 | Duck Sidewinder | Mech27v2 | TX75 | LZ CLS | Duck Viper v2 | Orion v3 | HHKB pro 1 | TGR 910 | Omega60

Offline nothingzzz

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 23:49:14 »
Honestly, this need a lot of improvement and the price is urgggg. This price is nearly equal TX84se, so the quality must at at the higher level, but I dont see it anywhere there.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 07:25:39 »
not feelin this one, bruv.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 09:23:13 »
I have a bit of a different opinion - keeping in mind I like crazy **** and eccentric designs, I think the front has potential to be really cool; however, I also think the design(s) you went with for the prototypes leave a lot to be desired and may not showcase how interesting the ideas that spawn from it may be.

Additionally, as said Nothingz, the quality seems to be slightly problematic as it stands - tolerances seem quite benevolent in the sense that the seams are completely wacky, the anode is bad, etc. Maybe that's just because they're protos and the actual production units won't be to fault for the same problems shown, but if that's the case it should be stated clearly so that people aren't mislead.

Regardless, either the price or the quality has to change. Or both. As it stands it's too expensive for such an eccentric project in my opinion.

Offline haingo1094

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 10:34:02 »
Thanks so much for your feedback. The quality actually improves significantly. We will also consider the price.

However, we have promotion for those who are interested in my design as I mentioned above

Offline pegasus163

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 21:27:09 »
I have a bit of a different opinion - keeping in mind I like crazy **** and eccentric designs, I think the front has potential to be really cool; however, I also think the design(s) you went with for the prototypes leave a lot to be desired and may not showcase how interesting the ideas that spawn from it may be.

Additionally, as said Nothingz, the quality seems to be slightly problematic as it stands - tolerances seem quite benevolent in the sense that the seams are completely wacky, the anode is bad, etc. Maybe that's just because they're protos and the actual production units won't be to fault for the same problems shown, but if that's the case it should be stated clearly so that people aren't mislead.

Regardless, either the price or the quality has to change. Or both. As it stands it's too expensive for such an eccentric project in my opinion.

I have another opinion. Their design with 2 separate sides make it look more special since the market now is seem to be saturated with the bottom parts and the top parts. Sometime eccentric projects have its own values.
I'm interested in with it by the way

Offline haingo1094

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 16:52:06 »
Could you guys have a look and fill up our survey to let us know what should we improve? Thanks

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 18:16:00 »
Could you guys have a look and fill up our survey to let us know what should we improve? Thanks
Hi haingo1094,

I believe it's the third  time you open an IC for this design and it had very small interest if I am not mistaken. I don't want to make you feel bad but probably the design is not very appealing, at least from my point of view.

Maybe it's the color combinations what's giving me that impression... Can you put together one with all black or silver parts? Also, it looks to me like the sides have very modern, sharp angles but the front and back do not have any of those characteristics.

Apart from that, the parts seems not to fit very well one with the other.

Hope this helped in some way.