Author Topic: [GB] Noxary X60 V1  (Read 455888 times)

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
Re: [GB] Noxary X60
« Reply #2100 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 17:33:37 »
My heart sunk when I couldn't unscrew the last two bolts. Both have a slightly bigger holes so my screwdriver just can't do anything. Now my X60 is just a beautiful kit that I can't open up. I might look for other screwdrivers in my local bike shop but I don't have other solutions I can think of. Any help would be appreciated.  :( :( :(

I'm letting go of my X60 with one stripped screw. There will be a WTS post tonight with a proper timestamp.

Really sad that this isn't going to be my end-game board. It's the perfect form factor for me and I really hoped I could build it for the past year. I was not able to extract the screw myself and hoped to pay someone local who has more experience dealing with hardware issues. I'd imagine the last resort would be just drilling a hole. But I've got other priorities in life so I have to stop trying at this point. If nobody thinks they can fix it, it will end up being a switch tester/keycap gallery here.

Have you actually stripped the bolthead or no?
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Robotical

« Reply #2101 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 08:18:18 »
My heart sunk when I couldn't unscrew the last two bolts. Both have a slightly bigger holes so my screwdriver just can't do anything. Now my X60 is just a beautiful kit that I can't open up. I might look for other screwdrivers in my local bike shop but I don't have other solutions I can think of. Any help would be appreciated.  :( :( :(

[update] I will post on Craigslist to see if I can find someone to fix it.

I'm letting go of my X60 with one stripped screw. There will be a WTS post tonight with a proper timestamp.

Really sad that this isn't going to be my end-game board. It's the perfect form factor for me and I really hoped I could build it for the past year. I was not able to extract the screw myself and hoped to pay someone local who has more experience dealing with hardware issues. I'd imagine the last resort would be just drilling a hole. But I've got other priorities in life so I have to stop trying at this point. If nobody thinks they can fix it, it will end up being a switch tester/keycap gallery here.

Can you by any chance provide some pictures of the screws that are stripped?

Offline vegs

« Reply #2102 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 14:59:41 »

[update] I will post on Craigslist to see if I can find someone to fix it.

I can try and help you. Are you on slack?
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #2103 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 19:30:34 »
finally got mine built. some quick pics:

Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline brighenne

« Reply #2104 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 22:02:32 »
Nice! Don't see dolch on too many boards these days. Any chance you want to part with that 1u 0-key? :D

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #2105 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 01:40:08 »
Nice! Don't see dolch on too many boards these days. Any chance you want to part with that 1u 0-key? :D

sorry man, don't wanna split up the set  :(
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2106 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 11:52:39 »
So far it feels great. Put lubed 62g vintage blacks in.
I had the same fitment problem with my NerD60 PCB.  Had to push uncomfortably hard to get in to place (Hope it's not going to be too much of pain to get it out).
I will be using a FaceW PCB next time.
Tried to take some pictures during the day today, but it's been storming  :(
And of course some specs of dust got on the bezel.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #2107 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 12:41:47 »
I had the same fitment problem with my NerD60 PCB.  Had to push uncomfortably hard to get in to place (Hope it's not going to be too much of pain to get it out).

Show Image

Looks great man. Not too difficult but I had to carefully angle and massage in the FaceW USB port in as well. For future design, it might be better to allow a drop in for the usb port instead of threading the port into the case usb slot.

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #2108 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 12:49:44 »
slight change to the layout. love this board!!! once again, excellent work Xondat

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2109 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 13:15:13 »
slight change to the layout. love this board!!! once again, excellent work Xondat

Show Image

Looks terrific.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2110 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 23:06:12 »

Show Image

Looks great man. Not too difficult but I had to carefully angle and massage in the FaceW USB port in as well. For future design, it might be better to allow a drop in for the usb port instead of threading the port into the case usb slot.

Thanks.  I thought I read a few posts back that someone used a FaceW PCB with no problems?
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline NolaSwag

• 60%
« Reply #2111 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 00:07:14 »

Show Image

Thanks.  I thought I read a few posts back that someone used a FaceW PCB with no problems?

I used it for my build, taken it in and out with no issues! Just have to angle it downwards when putting it in but I never had to force anything.
Orange60 | X60 | M60-A | Polaris

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2112 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 00:21:46 »

Show Image

I used it for my build, taken it in and out with no issues! Just have to angle it downwards when putting it in but I never had to force anything.

Thanks.  I know I almost gave up on the NerD60 going in.  If it hadn't been for someone saying that they successfully forced one in I would have given up.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #2113 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 00:38:41 »

Show Image

I read that as well but wasn't the case for me. if the usb port on the pcb was even just a half a mm lower it woulda been no problem.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #2114 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 06:06:46 »
Still haven't recieved my 3rd board.

What is the issue with shipping the remaining boards?
Can we get an eta on when those will be shipped pls?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2115 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 14:15:13 »

My friends who I mentioned had not gotten shipping confirmation in this post are also still waiting.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 August 2017, 14:19:38 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #2116 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 15:25:26 »
if anyone wants to sell theirs, let me know

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2117 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 19:19:10 »
Going to be doing a small run of polycarbonate plates. I won't be making any additional plates so these will be the last opportunity. They will be made at the same place as Riotonthebay's Jane plates and will look like such:

There will be two layouts, HHKB, and ANSI:

Prices/MOQ are as follows:

HHKB:
  • 5 - $50.00
  • 10 - $36.25
  • 20 - $26.50

ANSI:
  • 5 - $50.00
  • 10 - $36.25
  • 20 - $26.50

This includes fees but not shipping. Shipping is about $15 for CONUS, and will change depending on distance. A US proxy wouldn't save enough to be worth it.

Please fill out this form if you'd like to join:

https://goo.gl/forms/AqEOMapSrME06qZA3

I'll keep people up to date on MOQs etc. I'll leave this open for a week and may extend if required. I'll invoice at the end of this period.

I also have 3 remaining universal Carbon Fiber plates for sale, $50 each. These are no longer limited to Carbon Editions, so if you have an X60, you can get one. Please PM me if you're interested.

Thanks.

Offline NolaSwag

• 60%
« Reply #2118 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 20:07:01 »
Going to be doing a small run of polycarbonate plates. I won't be making any additional plates so these will be the last opportunity. They will be made at the same place as Riotonthebay's Jane plates and will look like such:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

HHKB:
  • 5 - $50.00
  • 10 - $36.25
  • 20 - $26.50

ANSI:
  • 5 - $50.00
  • 10 - $36.25
  • 20 - $26.50

This includes fees but not shipping. Shipping is about $15 for CONUS, and will change depending on distance. A US proxy wouldn't save enough to be worth it.

I'll keep people up to date on MOQs etc. I'll leave this open for a week and may extend if required. I'll invoice at the end of this period.

I also have 3 remaining universal Carbon Fiber plates for sale, $50 each. These are no longer limited to Carbon Editions, so if you have an X60, you can get one. Please PM me if you're interested.

Thanks.

Two questions:

1. The plate only covers modifiers not alphas?
2. Is it clear or slightly frosted?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 August 2017, 23:06:08 by NolaSwag »
Orange60 | X60 | M60-A | Polaris

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2119 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 20:10:02 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

HHKB:
  • 5 - $50.00
  • 10 - $36.25
  • 20 - $26.50

ANSI:
  • 5 - $50.00
  • 10 - $36.25
  • 20 - $26.50

Thanks.

Two questions:

Thanks in advance!

• Covers all keys, please see the 3rd picture in the post for the plates.
  • Clear like the 1st/2nd pictures.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2120 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 20:15:23 »
The 1st pics in xondat's post are of ROTB's TGR plates, NOT xondat's plates.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline exanile_tabasco

• settling down
« Reply #2121 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 03:17:09 »
Any news on the boards that have yet to be sent out? I think most people would appreciate a run of pc plates but only after they actually get their boards. Is anyone else's board afflicted with the stripped bolts issue and is still awaiting shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline vegs

« Reply #2122 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 04:57:51 »
In for two plates

buy less

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #2123 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 06:27:04 »

My friends who I mentioned had not gotten shipping confirmation in this post are also still waiting.

Any news on the boards that have yet to be sent out? I think most people would appreciate a run of pc plates but only after they actually get their boards. Is anyone else's board afflicted with the stripped bolts issue and is still awaiting shipping?

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #2124 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 10:16:12 »

He already said this?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2125 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 10:31:33 »

He already said this?

I thought it was obvious, but doesn't hurt to ask I suppose.

Well you've both been emailed before these comments, and both went ignored so... Please email me (support@noxary.co) and I can give a personal update on your boards.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #2126 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 19:40:54 »
Thx xondat! =)
And sorry didn't catch it, old email address...

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #2127 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 00:44:55 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

HHKB:
  • 5 - $50.00
  • 10 - $36.25
  • 20 - $26.50

ANSI:
  • 5 - $50.00
  • 10 - $36.25
  • 20 - $26.50

Thanks.

Two questions:

Thanks in advance!

Which one is suitable for WKL?

Offline poolside

« Reply #2128 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 01:43:41 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

HHKB:
  • 5 - $50.00
  • 10 - $36.25
  • 20 - $26.50

ANSI:
  • 5 - $50.00
  • 10 - $36.25
  • 20 - $26.50

Thanks.

Two questions:

Thanks in advance!

Both seem to support the WKL bottom row, but the HHKB one has support for split backspace and split right shift only.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #2129 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 01:46:07 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

HHKB:
  • 5 - $50.00
  • 10 - $36.25
  • 20 - $26.50

ANSI:
  • 5 - $50.00
  • 10 - $36.25
  • 20 - $26.50

Thanks.

Two questions:

Thanks in advance!

Both seem to support the WKL bottom row, but the HHKB one has support for split backspace and split right shift only.

Thanks.

Offline poolside

« Reply #2130 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 17:51:40 »
How are the PC plates order quantities looking?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2131 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 22:35:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

More

HHKB:
  • 5 - $50.00
  • 10 - $36.25
  • 20 - $26.50

ANSI:
  • 5 - $50.00
  • 10 - $36.25
  • 20 - $26.50

Thanks.

Ended up having 5 spare HHKB ($36.25) and 3 spare ANSI ($50). Please PM me if you'd still like to join the small buy as they're still in production. I also have 1 last universal carbon fiber plate for $50; again please PM. Thanks.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2132 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 10:37:00 »
Sent the current buyers a PM, but for the rest:

I should have the polycarbonate plates in a week or so. I have 3 spare of each, PM me if you'd like to buy in.

Edit: Update on PC plates this week (10/2).
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 October 2017, 11:48:38 by xondat »

Offline dhw

« Reply #2133 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 20:38:43 »
If anyone has any extra HHKB plates ( non polycarbonate ) and wants to sell PM me.

Offline slushi

« Reply #2134 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 00:01:24 »
I'm looking for a brass hhkb plate if those were made. Sorry I wasn't here for the group buy but tried to read through the thread. Also if anyone has another hhkb version for sale, let me know. Thanks!

HHKB Pro 2

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [GB] Noxary X60 (Gold Slot For Sale, PM Me)
« Reply #2135 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 00:44:14 »
I'm looking for a brass hhkb plate if those were made. Sorry I wasn't here for the group buy but tried to read through the thread. Also if anyone has another hhkb version for sale, let me know. Thanks!

I haven't made any brass plates.

Generally:

I have a Gold HHKB for sale with ANSI Gold plate & PCB for sale, PM me if you're interested.

Offline slushi

« Reply #2136 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 00:50:52 »
Pm'd ya. Thanks for the response about the brass plate.

HHKB Pro 2

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2137 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 00:52:48 »
Oh and whilst I'm here...

Once I sell all these polycarbonate plates, I'll look into brass plates. I will need to sell all the PC plates as I don't want spare stuff hanging around.

Offline slushi

« Reply #2138 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 00:54:06 »
Interesting... I would definitely be down for some brass plates!

HHKB Pro 2

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2139 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 09:34:28 »
Each time I see an update on this thread I remember how nice would have been to be in this GB and have a nice black X60 .... This is one of the finest 60% cases ever made  :thumb:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2140 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 10:19:35 »
Slot sold!

Each time I see an update on this thread I remember how nice would have been to be in this GB and have a nice black X60 .... This is one of the finest 60% cases ever made  :thumb:

Thanks :-* Hopefully I can do it quicker next time I visit 60%.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #2141 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 10:26:13 »
Slot sold!

hmmmm so... we're going to get round 2 in the future then

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2142 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 10:27:38 »
Slot sold!

hmmmm so... we're going to get round 2 in the future then

Show Image

If by round 2 you mean V2, then quite possibly.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2143 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 13:12:41 »
Due to a quantity mix up with the polycarbonate plates, I now have 10 additional ANSI plates. I have 13 total, and these will be $36.25 each. Please PM me if you're interested.

Once all these have sold, I'll most likely do a small run of brass plates.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2144 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 14:07:30 »
Due to a quantity mix up with the polycarbonate plates, I now have 10 additional ANSI plates. I have 13 total, and these will be $36.25 each. Please PM me if you're interested.

Any idea how much the Brass plates are going to go for?
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2145 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 14:08:49 »

Any idea how much the Brass plates are going to go for?

I imagine around $30.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #2146 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 11:52:34 »
Rebuilt my X60 today.

Offline MMKB

« Reply #2147 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 17:54:46 »
Rebuilt my X60 today.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Kailh box blacks. Would be very interested if you can post a typing video of it.

Offline vegs

« Reply #2148 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 08:14:12 »

Bumping with a picture of my board :cool:

buy less

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2149 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 08:49:10 »
Show Image

Bumping with a picture of my board :cool:

Just bootyful
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)