Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65  (Read 566748 times)

Offline Ipse

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65
« Reply #350 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 02:07:48 »
RGB per key would indeed require a board redesign, so don't get your hopes up.

I'm pretty new to this so I'm just wondering why it'd require a PCB redesign. Is this because there would need to be a controller?

If that's the case, can I just swap out the led's with which ever colour I'd like to use?

Offline Surefoot

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65 (Last two days to join)
« Reply #351 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 02:47:42 »
Oooh just had an idea for anyone wanting the ISO plate, in the UK or EU. I'd be very happy to organise a mini group buy, so we could get them slightly cheaper. I personally want brass, so I can't order from Lasergist, so I'm looking at UK laser cutting services. I'm going to get one made for myself regardless, but I thought I'd offer everyone the option to maybe get them slightly cheaper if we all pool together :) The website I'm currently looking at is Lasermaster.co.uk. I've sent a quote request in already with the plate file, so I'm waiting to hear how much it'll cost to make just one. If you are interested, they offer various steels, aluminium, copper and brass.
I'd be in for brass, i was going to send the file to LaserBoost as they are in EU too, but it seems the file is incomplete and lacks measurements ?

Offline chakkii

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65 (Last two days to join)
« Reply #352 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 08:55:13 »
Oooh just had an idea for anyone wanting the ISO plate, in the UK or EU. I'd be very happy to organise a mini group buy, so we could get them slightly cheaper. I personally want brass, so I can't order from Lasergist, so I'm looking at UK laser cutting services. I'm going to get one made for myself regardless, but I thought I'd offer everyone the option to maybe get them slightly cheaper if we all pool together :) The website I'm currently looking at is Lasermaster.co.uk. I've sent a quote request in already with the plate file, so I'm waiting to hear how much it'll cost to make just one. If you are interested, they offer various steels, aluminium, copper and brass.

currently getting some quotes at laserboost for aluminum, steel and brass. But im not sure if its the correct file, because they said some lines are grouped. but they kinda fixed it. are the measurements not in the file?

Offline noodleman

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65 ( one day left to join)
« Reply #353 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 09:09:09 »
what materials are the gaskets made of?

also how is the center of the key logo going to be coloured?  Is it always black or is it colour matched to the weight/front plate?
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 October 2019, 09:13:57 by noodleman »

Offline MadsMe

« Reply #354 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 09:34:44 »

also how is the center of the key logo going to be coloured?  Is it always black or is it colour matched to the weight/front plate?

You can pick which color you want the key logos to be. Both on the front and in the weight can be picked seperately

Offline noodleman

« Reply #355 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 10:06:03 »
I meant the middle quarter circles in the logo.  I'm assuming the whole key is one piece so that part will have to be painted a colour.

You can pick which color you want the key logos to be. Both on the front and in the weight can be picked seperately

Offline ninjinphu

• Music to Clack to
« Reply #356 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 10:24:40 »
Joined! Very excited for my first polycarbonate board =)

Offline jl725

« Reply #357 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 10:33:49 »
When will invoices be going out?

Offline olsen34

« Reply #358 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 10:42:37 »
I meant the middle quarter circles in the logo.  I'm assuming the whole key is one piece so that part will have to be painted a colour.
Show Image

Since the key logo is inserted and not a part of the weight unlike kanji logo engraving, the 4 circle colors should definitely be the same as the weight.

Offline MK47

• Don't talk to me
« Reply #359 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 11:55:38 »
I am so tempted to change my order to a full PC case from all black but worried that it would feel light and flimsy.

Offline baoduy23

« Reply #360 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 11:59:26 »
Joined! Hope this is not too late :)

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #361 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 12:39:12 »
RGB per key would indeed require a board redesign, so don't get your hopes up.

I'm pretty new to this so I'm just wondering why it'd require a PCB redesign. Is this because there would need to be a controller?

If that's the case, can I just swap out the led's with which ever colour I'd like to use?

Only single color SMD LEDs are supported. Yes, you can desolder the white LEDs and change to other colors.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #362 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 12:40:02 »
Show Image

The quarter circles are a part of the weight.

Offline heyjaykay

« Reply #363 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 12:47:21 »
Joined. Bring on the invoice!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline ViciousVerbivore

« Reply #364 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 12:50:40 »
When exactly do the orders close?

I'm still trying to make up mind, and would appreciate it if someone could weigh in on how easily the PC and POM might scratch. Also, comparing densities, they are both less than half that of aluminium - would that result in a board that feels light and flimsy like someone else was also wondering, or would the aluminium weight be substantial enough to make up for it?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #365 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 13:14:15 »
I am so tempted to change my order to a full PC case from all black but worried that it would feel light and flimsy.

You can always choose PC + aluminum.

To be honest, I hoped more diversity in the orders.
Still, too many people just choose full PC, full black alu, full E-white.
I know simple is good but you won't find another GB runs like this if you don't catch this chance.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #366 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 13:14:52 »
When exactly do the orders close?

I'm still trying to make up mind, and would appreciate it if someone could weigh in on how easily the PC and POM might scratch. Also, comparing densities, they are both less than half that of aluminium - would that result in a board that feels light and flimsy like someone else was also wondering, or would the aluminium weight be substantial enough to make up for it?

11:59 AM Oct 9th ET

Offline heyjaykay

« Reply #367 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 13:27:30 »

I know simple is good but you won't find another GB runs like this if you don't catch this chance.
I think the biggest hurdle to this is the uncertainty with colour matching, as well as the price. If only there was a way to quickly generate a colour matching with potential keycap colourways with the intended case colours

Offline wil

« Reply #368 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 13:30:22 »

I think the biggest hurdle to this is the uncertainty with colour matching, as well as the price. If only there was a way to quickly generate a colour matching with potential keycap colourways with the intended case colours

agreed. this is a fantastic GB but i went black/black/pink because there were renders that made me realize how good it looks. it's hard to try to combine colors in your head and think of matching keysets as well.

Offline vincevelorn

• Great googly moogly!
« Reply #369 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 13:52:35 »

I went with a color combo that I wish I saw more of, with Teal and Yellow, thank you for running this!

I'm interested to see how many people just copied the example pics cuz they did look quite good.

VE.A Acrylic Clone, Zealios v2 67g, GMK DMG | KBD75v2, Kailh Pro Purple, Tai hao Blue/Gray | YMD96, Hako Royal Clears, JTK Orange on White

Offline orim23

« Reply #370 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 14:06:39 »

I went white/yellow/teal with pink plate/weight. no idea what keyset is going to fit, but i had to get some colors!

Offline MK47

• Don't talk to me
« Reply #371 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 14:08:03 »

Will the fit and finish/quality of the PC case be the same as the aluminium? My biggest worry is that the case would be warping and misalignment due to the soft nature of the material e.g. the weight not sitting flush with the back.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 October 2019, 14:11:22 by MK47 »

Offline thecezar

« Reply #372 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 14:44:31 »
Only putting in orders ends tomorrow right? And invoices need to be paid by the 16th? I'm just waiting to get paid to pay my invoice hahaha. Also, do we just message you if we want to change our order?

Offline DaneOne

« Reply #373 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 15:00:39 »
Put in my order on the 4th and I havn't recieved my invoice, this is just how it is right, just gotta wait? just worried I'll end up missing out somehow, because something went wrong :/

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #374 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 15:13:28 »
Put in my order on the 4th and I havn't recieved my invoice, this is just how it is right, just gotta wait? just worried I'll end up missing out somehow, because something went wrong :/
Just email him runninghack@gmail.com

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Offline OmniSzron

« Reply #375 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 15:16:26 »
After you posted the first batch of orders, I checked if anyone had the same combo as me. It was just one person, but they took the 7u spaced version, while I got the 6.25u. I understand people, who just want a clean board, but with this many options available taking 3x Poly, 3x e-black or 3x e-black is kind of dull. That said, mine wasn't that much more creative - a White/White/Black with a black key, white weight and black key on the weight. This is my first custom, so I didn't want to go overboard on the wacky stuff. Plus, I want to put KAT Milkshake on this, so it had to fit the keyset.

I'm pretty sure if you ever run this board again and have more photos of different color-combos it's going to encourage more creative orders.
Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #376 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 15:25:40 »

True. That makes sense to me. My render guy does great work but was seldom available. I'll do more renders the next time.

Here's a new render another friend made for me. It's not how PC case looks. It should be matte.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #377 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 15:28:06 »

Will the fit and finish/quality of the PC case be the same as the aluminium? My biggest worry is that the case would be warping and misalignment due to the soft nature of the material e.g. the weight not sitting flush with the back.

Slight warping is possible. They fit well after screws are fastened.

Offline vincevelorn

• Great googly moogly!
« Reply #378 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 15:28:32 »

True. That makes sense to me. My render guy does great work but was seldom available. I'll do more renders the next time.

Show Image

Here's a new render another friend made for me. It's not how PC case looks. It should be matte.
Daaang that's very nice lookin! Good theming on it

VE.A Acrylic Clone, Zealios v2 67g, GMK DMG | KBD75v2, Kailh Pro Purple, Tai hao Blue/Gray | YMD96, Hako Royal Clears, JTK Orange on White

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #379 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 15:29:07 »
Only putting in orders ends tomorrow right? And invoices need to be paid by the 16th? I'm just waiting to get paid to pay my invoice hahaha. Also, do we just message you if we want to change our order?

Yes * 3

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #380 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 15:32:51 »
After you posted the first batch of orders, I checked if anyone had the same combo as me. It was just one person, but they took the 7u spaced version, while I got the 6.25u. I understand people, who just want a clean board, but with this many options available taking 3x Poly, 3x e-black or 3x e-black is kind of dull. That said, mine wasn't that much more creative - a White/White/Black with a black key, white weight and black key on the weight. This is my first custom, so I didn't want to go overboard on the wacky stuff. Plus, I want to put KAT Milkshake on this, so it had to fit the keyset.

I'm pretty sure if you ever run this board again and have more photos of different color-combos it's going to encourage more creative orders.

Yep, I still hope people will post innovative and incredible combinations after the boards are delivered, even not too many.
I never run round 2s. If there's nothing new, it doesn't worth my time to run it.

Offline airyimbin

« Reply #381 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 15:57:28 »
I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

I just joined the GB, when will the invoice be sent out?

Offline vincevelorn

• Great googly moogly!
« Reply #382 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 15:59:34 »
Looking at the list, looks like my combo is completely Unique :D

Offline nsmk

« Reply #383 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 16:01:14 »
White/White/Black with a black key, white weight and black key on the weight.

I got white/white/black with white weight as well but with kanji logo on the weight.

And I agree that this is a safer/less innovative color combo. Might start trying out more bold ideas later on down the road tho.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #384 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 16:10:45 »

Whoever hasn't received the invoice will be invoiced in the 3rd batch tomorrow.

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #385 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 16:31:18 »

Whoever hasn't received the invoice will be invoiced in the 3rd batch tomorrow.

Hey there,

How much time is there left to join in on this? I have a friend who isn't available until later tonight (PDT) but wants to join in on this GB :)

Thanks!
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline OmniSzron

« Reply #386 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 17:02:32 »

Show Image

Damn, that key logo on a poly top piece looks sick.

I got white/white/black with white weight as well but with kanji logo on the weight.

And I agree that this is a safer/less innovative color combo. Might start trying out more bold ideas later on down the road tho.
The W/W/B combo should look clean AF, tho. Can't wait for mine. :)

Yep, I still hope people will post innovative and incredible combinations after the boards are delivered, even not too many.
I never run round 2s. If there's nothing new, it doesn't worth my time to run it.
Oh, interesting. Respectable approach. In any case, I'll make sure to post photos of my build after it's done.
Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline uncleAjushi

« Reply #387 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 19:04:00 »
Just placed my very first keyboard group buy order! Can it be Q1 2020 already haha  :)

Offline muppen

« Reply #388 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 00:39:37 »
first keyboard group buy i have joined

Offline uncleAjushi

« Reply #389 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 01:34:35 »
Can I still edit the form after submission?

I noticed that on list number 2 it states that “don’t fill in the form multiple times unless you want to place more than 1 order”

Does that mean creating a new form? Or editing the current submitted form?

Thanks

Offline Mithra

« Reply #390 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 01:58:36 »
Can I still edit the form after submission?

I noticed that on list number 2 it states that “don’t fill in the form multiple times unless you want to place more than 1 order”

Does that mean creating a new form? Or editing the current submitted form?

Thanks

applies to when creating a new form

Offline SoraNoTenshi

« Reply #391 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 03:10:36 »

You know, i have a very intresting combo between Pink & Teal... i hope it will turn out nice, since i tried and decide on the colours based on GMK Vaporwave.

Offline Knoxx

• Spends too much on keyboards
« Reply #392 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 10:19:11 »

Same here. Had a keycap set in mind that I wanted to match and just went far out with the colors. Could look bad or amazing but that's part of the fun I guess.

Offline SoraNoTenshi

« Reply #393 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 10:54:05 »

Same here. Had a keycap set in mind that I wanted to match and just went far out with the colors. Could look bad or amazing but that's part of the fun I guess.

This pretty much :D

I will post pictures once it is built :)

Offline baoduy23

« Reply #394 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 11:05:20 »
Hi,

Does your board fit with other PCB such as ZEAL65? Under glow RGB is not that hard to make :( I see many groupbuy can do it, hope you can consider this

Offline heyjaykay

« Reply #395 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 11:11:34 »
It's closed? I need to edit the form. Any other way to access?

Offline Mormur

« Reply #396 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 11:24:33 »
oh I thought the form closed end of day today  :'(

Offline FlexingFelix

« Reply #397 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 12:30:40 »
It's closed? I need to edit the form. Any other way to access?

Same here

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #398 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 13:00:48 »
I ordered boring PC because I am not that much into coloured keyboards and keycaps. Very much a fan of the classics. and PC is so neutral it could fit any key set.

Offline wil

« Reply #399 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 14:08:17 »
should have asked earlier but is there any hope for buying multiple key logos as extras after the GB?