Author Topic: [IC] IFK musubi. 5/10/21 SHIPPING  (Read 81578 times)

Offline TeclisFtw

Re: [IC] PBT musubi. 7/27/20 UPDATE
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 13:42:47 »
Hello,

I want to say I created an account just after I saw this IC, I've been lurking for a while but never decided on creating an account.

The set is beautiful!!! It's what I've been looking for in PBT, and when I read what it was based off ... well, just fell in love, it's my favorite anime film, ever.

In the IC survey I said I'd like to see a minimalist deskmat.... but I'd like one based off the anime too. Heck, I'm gonna buy both of them.

Im so in for this GB!!!! Best of luck and thank you for making this!!

PS: This will also be my 1st custom keyboard, and I'm so looking forward to it.

Offline TalksToChalk

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 20:24:45 »
Curious why alphas can't be in their stand alone kit like some GMK sets do it. Is this some restriction from Infinikey?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 05:03:06 »
Curious why alphas can't be in their stand alone kit like some GMK sets do it. Is this some restriction from Infinikey?

Alphas are always included in the base kit with GMK sets. Standalone kits are sometimes used for alternative alpha options, which is what this set does as well.

Offline cojojo11

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 01:36:34 »
Can anyone tell me what the writing on the keys in the novelties kit translate too? I cant remember them from the film

Offline KPanzermast

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 02:04:36 »
Can anyone tell me what the writing on the keys in the novelties kit translate too? I cant remember them from the film

結び (むすび/musubi) Not sure what the proper translation is, but the feeling of oneness that the grandmother explained on the way to the mountain shrine.
すきだ(suki da) "I like you"
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 August 2020, 02:06:26 by KPanzermast »

Offline NIK0

• yare yare daze
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 14:12:25 »
This. THIS is the lone post that finally got me to join Geekhack, I just can't get over how much I love the renders for these keycaps!! I love primary colors and Japanese themes, and by the time had I scrolled to the Novelties (likely overall my favorite novelties kit I've ever seen!!) I just kinda sighed, having finally resigned to joining another forum site... mainly so I could tell you how much I ADORE this set. OP! '
100% will buy multiple sets from this series, fingers crossed so hard that this one goes smoothly with this GB!
⋆ novice keycap enthusiast ⋆
@NIKO#9293

forever seeking GMK Vaporwave base + kana sets

Offline ertisan

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 00:53:41 »
Would it be possible to add a JIS add on kit for hiragana sublegends with some modifiers?

Like this:

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/5a3c5e9139ed86f384b86d3f9056269e

Unfortunately, making new kits that will feasibly hit MoQ is pretty hard unless you're looking at Kat which lets people do all kinds of kits since their MoQ is an overall count of all kits. As it is, the color kit is getting the axe due to it not likely being able to reach MoQ based on surveys. That will announced shortly along with deskmat designs.

This. THIS is the lone post that finally got me to join Geekhack, I just can't get over how much I love the renders for these keycaps!! I love primary colors and Japanese themes, and by the time had I scrolled to the Novelties (likely overall my favorite novelties kit I've ever seen!!) I just kinda sighed, having finally resigned to joining another forum site... mainly so I could tell you how much I ADORE this set. OP! '
100% will buy multiple sets from this series, fingers crossed so hard that this one goes smoothly with this GB!

Thank you for the kind words! It's been a quite a journey from ideation to now but seeing people resonate with the set makes me really thankful.

Hello,

I want to say I created an account just after I saw this IC, I've been lurking for a while but never decided on creating an account.

The set is beautiful!!! It's what I've been looking for in PBT, and when I read what it was based off ... well, just fell in love, it's my favorite anime film, ever.

In the IC survey I said I'd like to see a minimalist deskmat.... but I'd like one based off the anime too. Heck, I'm gonna buy both of them.

Im so in for this GB!!!! Best of luck and thank you for making this!!

PS: This will also be my 1st custom keyboard, and I'm so looking forward to it.

Deskmat designs will be up real soon! There will actually be 2 minimal pattern deskmats and one anime themed one (still quite minimal). I'm so glad you're looking forward to the set! Means a lot to me.

Offline FernQuan

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 16:13:18 »
I'm a bit disappointed that the spacebars are included in the Mega Add-on set, because the price it along with the Base + Novelties + cable and potentially a deskmat makes the cost too steep for me
I need the red 2.75u and 2.25u spacebars for the GK68XS

But of course this won't stop me from buying the other kits on this awesome set.

Offline ertisan

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 02:48:27 »
I'm a bit disappointed that the spacebars are included in the Mega Add-on set, because the price it along with the Base + Novelties + cable and potentially a deskmat makes the cost too steep for me
I need the red 2.75u and 2.25u spacebars for the GK68XS

But of course this won't stop me from buying the other kits on this awesome set.

Unfortunately, TKC likes to have their kits done a specific way. They include the spacebars with the Mega Add-on. The Mega Add-on has gotten slightly smaller due to the extra color kit being axed. Hopefully the price point is a little more appealing now. Either way, thank you for the support!

Offline JayVoltage

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 04:08:49 »
extra color kit being axed.

awww is there a way to add an orange standard backspace to the add-on kit? was hoping to I could split the colours left and right sides of the board

Offline JayVoltage

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 04:15:30 »
extra color kit being axed.

awww is there a way to add an orange standard backspace to the add-on kit? was hoping to I could split the colours left and right sides of the board
Oops just read again that kits are finalized - all good.  Love your work!

Offline TeclisFtw

Re: [IC] PBT musubi. 8/14/20 Deskmats and Small Kits Upate
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 13:40:41 »
Hi again,

Maybe I missed it, but do we know what profile the keycaps are?

For what I've seen from other Inifnikey sets, they're Cherry profile. But I don't know if this is Cherry or OEM profile.

Thanks in advance!

Teclis

Offline ertisan

Re: [IC] PBT musubi. 8/14/20 Deskmats and Small Kits Upate
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 16:24:18 »
Hi again,

Maybe I missed it, but do we know what profile the keycaps are?

For what I've seen from other Inifnikey sets, they're Cherry profile. But I don't know if this is Cherry or OEM profile.

Thanks in advance!

Teclis

Hey! Thanks for the interest in the set. These are Cherry profile!

Offline chronobolt

Re: [IC] PBT musubi. 8/18/20 Small board render update
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 11:25:30 »
Just wanted to say thank you OP for this set, the movie really means a lot to me and this keycap set definitely does it justice. Cannot even tell you how long I was scouring the IC page for a nice and colorful PBT set, not to mention how quickly I signed up to be notified about this set lol. This set is almost definitely going on my endgame! Beautiful job OP, looking forward to your future work!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 10:26:14 »
This group buy starts August 28, right?  Asking because the OP also says September 4.

Updates.
8/14/20
- GB date listed as Aug 28th on TKC.

.  .  .  .  .
Group Buy.
Launch Date
September 4th

Offline ertisan

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 15:27:23 »
Just wanted to say thank you OP for this set, the movie really means a lot to me and this keycap set definitely does it justice. Cannot even tell you how long I was scouring the IC page for a nice and colorful PBT set, not to mention how quickly I signed up to be notified about this set lol. This set is almost definitely going on my endgame! Beautiful job OP, looking forward to your future work!

Thank you! It definitely means a lot to hear people are excited for the set! I'm hoping to get through the GB without a hitch and then I'll start thinking about next projects. Might try something less colorful to switch it up.

This group buy starts August 28, right?  Asking because the OP also says September 4.

Updates.
8/14/20
- GB date listed as Aug 28th on TKC.

.  .  .  .  .
Group Buy.
Launch Date
September 4th

Thank you for pointing that out. I forgot to update the Date! It should be correct now. The GB starts Aug 28th @ 6PM ET and runs until Sept 11th

Offline lemmebuildthings

• Why did I get into this god forsaken hobby
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 08:59:03 »
**** the Deku last month and then Musubi this month, christ what is it with these fantastic keysets being dropped back to back.

Really love the design of this keycap set! The colour palette is super pleasin, the novelties look dope, and the mega add-on has virtually everything you would need for a non-standard keyboard set-up. Fantastic work! I look forward to the group buy!

Offline ertisan

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 14:51:39 »
**** the Deku last month and then Musubi this month, christ what is it with these fantastic keysets being dropped back to back.

Really love the design of this keycap set! The colour palette is super pleasin, the novelties look dope, and the mega add-on has virtually everything you would need for a non-standard keyboard set-up. Fantastic work! I look forward to the group buy!

Thank you for the kind words! I'm pretty excited to see the set start GB!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 17:14:16 »
Took a look at the kits again after the latest update. I have to applaud this set for the great kitting — other Infinikey sets should take note!

Offline TalksToChalk

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 18:17:56 »
Colors kit got the axe?

Offline ertisan

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 18:20:16 »
Colors kit got the axe?

Unfortunately yes. Based on the survey there was just not enough interest in it.

Took a look at the kits again after the latest update. I have to applaud this set for the great kitting — other Infinikey sets should take note!

A lot of that is thanks to you! Your input was extremely helpful throughout the IC period of the set!

Offline TeclisFtw

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 20:23:21 »
Hello,

The EU vendor does not show the product on his page.

Could you please confirm it should be displayed there?

Thank you!

Offline kimhoon9

« Reply #122 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 01:10:36 »
Hello, just wanted to say that I'm really interested to join this as my first ever group buy in this hobby. Still waiting for the other vendor links to go up, wishing this GB a great success!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline ertisan

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 01:37:29 »
Hello, just wanted to say that I'm really interested to join this as my first ever group buy in this hobby. Still waiting for the other vendor links to go up, wishing this GB a great success!  ;D ;D ;D

Thank you! I'm really happy with how many people have told me this is their first set! It means a lot to me. Hoping to have everyone's continued support!

Hello,

The EU vendor does not show the product on his page.

Could you please confirm it should be displayed there?

Thank you!

It looks like the Asia and EU proxies have not updated their store fronts. I'll keep an eye on it but most likely they should be up soon.

Offline Se7enFiveOne

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 02:57:47 »
This is my first time joining a GB. Is it normal for the pricing on the proxy sites to be higher? On zfrontier, the base kit is $99 and the novelties are $43

Offline ertisan

« Reply #125 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 03:09:28 »
This is my first time joining a GB. Is it normal for the pricing on the proxy sites to be higher? On zfrontier, the base kit is $99 and the novelties are $43

Unfortunately, Im not too familiar with how each vendor arrives at their price points. There could be some difference in logistics or operating cost for the different regions that translates to higher costs for proxies.

Offline kimhoon9

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 03:13:49 »
Just wondering, will there be another GB thread opened or will updates be still posted here?

Offline ertisan

« Reply #127 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 03:36:23 »
Just wondering, will there be another GB thread opened or will updates be still posted here?

There is currently a group buy thread waiting for moderator approval. Once that goes through, the thread will be visible. Until then, I’ll be answering questions people have here.

Offline kimhoon9

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 03:39:59 »

There is currently a group buy thread waiting for moderator approval. Once that goes through, the thread will be visible. Until then, I’ll be answering questions people have here.
Alrighty, thanks ertisan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk