Author Topic: [IC] GMK Muted 2  (Read 134328 times)

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Muted 2
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 19:59:17 »
Would be cool if you could get Nathan to make sleeves an addon kit for this set

Really hope you can make this happen. Love the colors of the sleeves in photo's.

I also have two question for a noobie on keycaps:
1. What is the differents between muted and 9009. Are the mods in muted more grey and 9009 more brown and alphas in muted less white then 9009. Still have to see a GMK sets with my own eyes.
2. Is muted comparable with hammerworks CRP keycaps (based on colors only).

Thanks in advance.

I hope someone pipes in to answer this, but I think that Muted really is more gray, as you suggest. It's like a starker and more washed-out gray-white than 9009, which is more cream/beige-coloured.

In that respect, CRP probably resembles 9009 more, since CRP is probably patterned after classic-style Cherry, which is like 9009. I have a CRP set on the way, and I saw it as more of a retro than a Muted. I think Desko would pair well with 9009, for example.

But I'm as curious as you are, so maybe someone will answer.

I Googled it for you:

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #251 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 20:17:18 »
Heh. Ironically, I had that photo in mind when I wrote that post, but couldn't be bothered to Google it again.

Offline fishbiscuit13

• do you realize ???
« Reply #252 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 20:35:31 »

It's not like you're only allowed to use it on HHKB layout. I use r3 control on all my boards because it's so much more comfortable to use. Nothing about it necessitates other keys or any of these compromises you're suggesting.

Well of course we bind Control to that key, but using the Control keycap when your board has a regular left Control key is moronically ugly in my opinion. You can put any keycap whereever you want, mix rows and profiles by all means. But you're never going to convince me that R3 Control belongs on any layout other than hhkb. The conversation is further muddled by the fact that we have icon mods on this keyset, and a text control mixed in is not only moronically ugly like I said, but aesthetically conflicting even on hhkb.

So now you're demanding changes to suit your personal opinion. I think it looks fine against icons, especially stepped. And speaking of "regular left control" I applaud the extra 1.5u keys in the extension kit, that key is never control for me.

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #253 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 23:23:43 »
It's clear that the designer works very hard to bring this set back so some people can enjoy it.

The rest can just join the originative GB and get the accent keys here if they want them. Problem solved.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Imagine supporting unapproved replicas with text only mods. Couldn't be me.

Noxary PC268.2 | Red Nunu | Purple PC Nunu | Ogre | Vulcan Pro

Offline Scriba

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 00:58:06 »
I am correct that the gray tones in GMK minimal differ significantly from the tones in GMK modo light?

At least that is the conclusion I have seen in a direct comparison.

I assume you mean GMK Muted, since Minimal is straight white.
We can only base off the renders/sample colors from Modo Light but from that, it appears to have a cooler tone and lower contrast than Muted which appears to be brighter and higher contrast between alpha/mods.
Another big difference in my opinion is the OG icons of Muted vs the janglad mods.

Absolutely love the new extension kit, would appreciate an extra inclusion of 1c and 1.5c but still going to buy it as is!

Ou yea my bad, I meant GMK Muted of course.

Offline eyeon

« Reply #255 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 01:35:36 »
Great set and kitting, though adding second 1.5U "Super" key in the extensions kit would be nice.

Offline surreal19

« Reply #256 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 01:54:25 »
I really like this but is this worth getting if I already joined GMK modern dolch light.

Offline Beni986

« Reply #257 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 06:12:35 »
I think the Base kit is in a perfect spot minus one key. R3 text Control has no place. It's the only purely aesthetic inclusion, other than purse caps lock, yet its inclusion indicates the want to fully support HHKB layout. Include mod colored Tilde for proper HHKB legends/aesthetic, or bounce the R3 Control altogether. 

ps: I guess we could use Delete for split backspace symmetry, but I find the out of place text Control key among icon mods far less aesthetically useful than a mod colored tilde could be.

hhkb has alpha tilde
Noxary T60 | LZ CLSm

Offline phunktional

« Reply #258 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 09:58:30 »
We are giving the kits some more review at this time.

I will still die on the hill of no mod colored tilde and pipe. The set will remain as an icon mods set at this time.

New kitting will arrive in some time. Thank you for your inputs, some of them have even been taken into account.
Why die on this hill? Customers want it and would be willing to pay. Is this some type of power trip?

Offline ubmit

« Reply #259 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 10:21:06 »
I don't know why you are being so stubborn about this. I don't even like mod colored pipe and tilde, but I can't accept how you are dealing with the request from a lot of people from the community. Why not add JUST TWO KEYS that a lot of people would love to have. Also, it isn't nice to answers serious requests with jokes. I love this set, I love the fact that you worked to bring it back again, but I hate to see how the community is being treated right now.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 December 2020, 10:37:14 by ubmit »
Lyn Whale | KFE CE | Frog | Singa | Dolice | Haus | Kei | Polaris | Prophet | Bongoneko

Offline delrn

« Reply #260 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 10:22:22 »
Instead of supporting mod colored pipe and tilde which have been standard for years now, you've opted to rather remove the keys completely - not even moving them into the extension kit - and instead support "common-but-niche layouts"? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Offline ubmit

« Reply #261 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 10:36:10 »
Btw, I'm skipping this if the way you are treating people doesn't change
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 December 2020, 10:38:54 by ubmit »
Lyn Whale | KFE CE | Frog | Singa | Dolice | Haus | Kei | Polaris | Prophet | Bongoneko

Offline Capsy

« Reply #262 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 10:40:44 »

I will still die on the hill of no mod colored tilde and pipe. The set will remain as an icon mods set at this time.

New kitting will arrive in some time. Thank you for your inputs, some of them have even been taken into account.
Why die on this hill? Customers want it and would be willing to pay. Is this some type of power trip?
Isn't it always.

Offline SlurmsMacKenzie

« Reply #263 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 11:29:53 »

I can understand that as a designer you have a vision of how you want your keycap set to be. But in this case, you all weren't the original designers of the set, so maybe just allow some flexibility this one time? You will design many more sets in the future I'm sure that you could do whatever you like, but it seems to me that it would be a nice gesture to the community to just keep the mod colored tilde and pipe that were in the original, just seeing the feedback so far.

Offline gnho

« Reply #264 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 11:31:57 »
It's clear that the designer works very hard to bring this set back so some people can enjoy it.

The rest can just join the originative GB and get the accent keys here if they want them. Problem solved.

Imagine supporting unapproved replicas with text only mods. Couldn't be me.
Imagine ignore or make fun of many clear and sincere requests from a large segment of community, not me.

Since when this hobby becomes about you should like what I like or **** off? I thought the beauty of custom keyboards is that people can all have what they like if it's economically feasible.

I get it that sometimes kits are not made because the demand is low but this is not the case here. There's an intention to force specific preferences on to people and because of what? Some people know better?

I would never imagine myself telling people they shouldn't like what they like or trying to change them. The intolerance from the community itself is a much more serious problem than some companies just pirating color sets, because piracy won't destroy a community but intolerance will.

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #265 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 11:35:53 »

Don't worry I'll buy two sets so it'll even out

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #266 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 13:09:09 »
excuse my ignorance, but is the originative muted set considered an "unofficial" run?

still undecided on if i wanna go text or icon, but don't know if there is an unspoken question of ethics i should be considering if it is an "unofficial" run

granted i am assuming the color matching for the originative set should be identical with this one, else i would default to this set regardless of my preference between text/icon

Offline SlurmsMacKenzie

« Reply #267 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 13:39:35 »
excuse my ignorance, but is the originative muted set considered an "unofficial" run?

still undecided on if i wanna go text or icon, but don't know if there is an unspoken question of ethics i should be considering if it is an "unofficial" run

granted i am assuming the color matching for the originative set should be identical with this one, else i would default to this set regardless of my preference between text/icon

The Originative set is different, it is more beige while this is more gray

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #268 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 13:42:32 »

Don't worry I'll buy two sets so it'll even out

How? I thought this was a limited pre-order.

Offline olivavek

• Oliva.us
« Reply #269 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 13:53:44 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 December 2020, 13:55:43 by olivavek »

Offline SE7EN_ate_NINE

« Reply #270 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 14:01:03 »
Everyone is freaking out about missing mod pipe and mod tilde, yet the real tragedy is the the purple Esc key is still missing.  :(

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #271 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 14:05:47 »
Everyone is freaking out about missing mod pipe and mod tilde, yet the real tragedy is the the purple Esc key is still missing.  :(

Not missing, just never existed.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline logomachy

« Reply #272 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 14:39:10 »
Text + icon mods, even if it's a separate kit

Offline lys.nordique

• Formerly 'scatology'
« Reply #273 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 14:55:34 »
YEEEESSSSS

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #274 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 18:01:51 »
Could you people please stop ****posting? If the designer doesn't want it, that's their decision. ****ting up the thread with the same requests over and over is not going to get you what you want. You need to accept that sometimes you're not always going to get what you want, and that's life, so deal with it.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 18:02:27 »
This image would make sense except it's supposed to be a mod colored backspace not a tilde key on top, which looks much better :p

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #276 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 18:06:14 »
Could you people please stop ****posting? If the designer doesn't want it, that's their decision. ****ting up the thread with the same requests over and over is not going to get you what you want. You need to accept that sometimes you're not always going to get what you want, and that's life, so deal with it.

That is the very point of an interest check. To understand the desires and interest of potential GB participants.

I also find it a bit hypocritical coming from you, given the types of responses you have authored on this forum... even as recently as the Serika thread where you demanded answers about Darling in a non-Darling thread.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 December 2020, 18:13:32 by Visionaire »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #277 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 18:07:55 »

That is the very point of an interest check. To understand the desires and interest of potential GB participants.
No.

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 18:11:09 »

No.

guess that settles it
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #279 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 18:19:05 »
I think the Base kit is in a perfect spot minus one key. R3 text Control has no place. It's the only purely aesthetic inclusion, other than purse caps lock, yet its inclusion indicates the want to fully support HHKB layout. Include mod colored Tilde for proper HHKB legends/aesthetic, or bounce the R3 Control altogether. 

ps: I guess we could use Delete for split backspace symmetry, but I find the out of place text Control key among icon mods far less aesthetically useful than a mod colored tilde could be.

hhkb has alpha tilde

Oh I mean the layout, not the actual board HHKB. People always put a mod colored key there when they use custom keysets.

Offline dallman5

« Reply #280 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 18:50:56 »

hhkb has alpha tilde

Oh I mean the layout, not the actual board HHKB. People always put a mod colored key there when they use custom keysets.
As an individual who uses HHKB layout and custom keysets I beg to differ. I don’t think I’ve ever used mod tilde. There’s no need to be hyperbolic.
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 19:14:10 »

hhkb has alpha tilde

As an individual who uses HHKB layout and custom keysets I beg to differ. I don’t think I’ve ever used mod tilde. There’s no need to be hyperbolic.
Mhm of course you do. *Yawn*   
Geeze the conversation is so stimulating here talking to people with awful taste. Yep, think im done. Going to check out and wait for the GB.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline SlurmsMacKenzie

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 19:35:48 »

I don't necessarily have a huge issue with that stance (though I'm not sure if I completely agree), however Krelbit and Oblotsky aren't the designers of this set, so I feel like they should be a little more flexible IMO.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 December 2020, 21:04:51 by SlurmsMacKenzie »

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #283 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 20:47:19 »

I don't necessarily have a huge issue with that stance (though I'm not sure if I completely agree), however Krelbit and Zambumon aren't the designers of this set, so I feel like they should be a little more flexible IMO.

Guten Abend, ich bin Oblotzky und ich mag Würstchen und Computertastaturen.

Offline SlurmsMacKenzie

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 21:06:26 »

I don't necessarily have a huge issue with that stance (though I'm not sure if I completely agree), however Krelbit and Zambumon aren't the designers of this set, so I feel like they should be a little more flexible IMO.

Guten Abend, ich bin Oblotzky und ich mag Würstchen und Computertastaturen.

Apologies 😬

Offline MicroPepega

« Reply #285 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 22:41:32 »

No.

krelbit said that if you keep asking for mod tilde and mod pipe, he'll add it

I guess we're not allowed to give our opinions in IC threads anymore   :cool:
I personally use mod tilde and pipe - if they're not added then I just won't go for this set, but i don't see the harm in asking.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 December 2020, 22:43:04 by MicroPepega »

Offline hexa

« Reply #286 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 23:05:09 »
Really excited for this!

Offline gnho

« Reply #287 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 23:06:45 »
It's pretty amazing the type of things people can take a stance on... almost hilarious.

Please share this story with your friends and family about some courageous and tasteful experts who fight so hard to keep mod color keys off people's keyboards. What an accomplishment...

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #288 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 00:50:41 »
257023-0

Offline Poesjuh

[IC] GMK Muted 2
« Reply #289 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 01:48:14 »
It’s fairly obvious that this isn’t an IC but an announcement where, to me, it looks like it doesn’t matter what peoples comment. It won’t change a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 December 2020, 02:09:37 by Poesjuh »

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #290 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 02:14:31 »
It’s fairly obvious that this isn’t an IC but an announcement where, to me, it looks like it doesn’t matter what peoples comment. It won’t change a thing.

I mean they adapted a bunch of peoples suggestions, just not the two mod colored keys. So yeah totally must be an announcement and not IC lol

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #291 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 02:37:27 »
Which happens to be the very thing the most of us are vocal about.

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #292 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 02:41:11 »
Probably because it's the one thing that didn't get put in lol. If the other suggestions weren't put in, there'd be more vocal complaints about those as well.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #293 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 03:14:53 »
Short Shift is mislabeled as 2.25, and we're missing the extra 2.25 Shift usually present in custom sets. Someone please correct me, but I thought the extra 2.25 Shift was for Alice spacebars, won't we need that to make use of the extra B in the base kit?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #294 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 04:12:37 »
Just chuck them (mod colored alpha character keys) into the International kit. Support MOQ of smaller kits. (This is gigabrane)

Everyone wins.

Jk, but an option is obviously to put them in extension like it was done in the one of the best keysets of all-... I'll stop there.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 December 2020, 04:25:27 by LightningXI »

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #295 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 04:24:17 »
Oh I see it in the extension kit now. But the extra B is in base kit. Ugh

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #296 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 04:26:57 »
Short Shift is mislabeled as 2.25, and we're missing the extra 2.25 Shift usually present in custom sets. Someone please correct me, but I thought the extra 2.25 Shift was for Alice spacebars, won't we need that to make use of the extra B in the base kit?
The extra 2.25u is actually normally for 660 layouts and the like. Using it as an Alice layout spacebar is definitely an option but it's not the specific purpose for it when it's included.

And yeah, Oblotzky, that 1.75u is mislabeled.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #297 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 05:28:27 »

x2!

This is a business model now, Interest Checks no longer mean sh1t and are just a way to create more hype for a GB. Guess it wasn't all so fake 5 years ago...
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Scriba

« Reply #298 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 06:23:41 »
why all this negativity?

be glad that people like Oblotzky take their time, thanks to them a second round of Muted takes place.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #299 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 06:26:50 »
The extra 2.25u is actually normally for 660 layouts and the like. Using it as an Alice layout spacebar is definitely an option but it's not the specific purpose for it when it's included.

And yeah, Oblotzky, that 1.75u is mislabeled.

This is correct. The omission of 2.25u from Base and its inclusion in Extension is very likely intentional (and should stay that way imo).