Author Topic: [IC] Series 00 // GB on March 24!  (Read 41343 times)

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab

📅  Update 02/20/2021 - 72 hours in, 648 more to go! Thank you for the insane response so far!

Hello all.

Wanted to drop in to share some updates so far for Series 00's IC2 (http://gh.esclab.co if you haven't checked it out yet)

Only 72 hours in (3 days), we've had an incredible response. So much that our Typeform plan actually ran out of space a day ago and I had to upgrade.. But this is a good problem to have!

📈 Some numbers
  • >490 interest check survey responses (our IC1 took 1.5 months to hit this number)
  • An equal split in traffic between Reddit (/r/mkb + /r/mm), Discord, Instagram, and Geekhack
  • Interest from (in this order of popularity): United States, EU/UK, Canada, Southeast Asia, and Oceania
  • Series 00 interest (in this order of popularity): Polished SS, Polished Brass, Sandblast Black Aluminum, Sandblast Brass (interesting!), Sandblast Clear Aluminum
  • Esc key and macro pad are the highest interest in terms of key placement
  • 95 entries into our Easter Egg. Closes in 10 days.
  • We have added Sandblast Clear Aluminum "P4" to the current Easter Egg as a prize. This mean there will be TWO proto winners (including Sandblast Brass "P4") for the current Easter Egg Hunt.
💬 A selection of feedback
  • "Love the clean look; what I've been looking for." "Dude these look so good im willing to give up my first born for them" "Beautifully presented--I think this group buy will be the simple but elegant "oomph" that a lot of people are looking for."
  • "Please have a vendor for SEA/OCE" (Working on SEA!)
  • A bunch of attempts to crack our Easter Egg in the IC2 form. (Sorry it doesn't work this way, haha)
  • "Titanium, gold, silver, [some exotic material], etc, please!" 🤐
  • "We invite you to #degen-hours in Ringer Keys" "Come degen more in RK xD" (I joined)
  • "The Easter Egg was so fun, and fortified a desire to join the gb even if I don't win the giveaway"
  • Some concerns on lack of compatibility with Cherry/DSA/KAM/etc (this was an intentional design decision, sorry!)
  • Requests for engraving customization (we will consider this for future smaller releases!)
  • Price is cheap/fair/expensive (I suppose different people have different expectations on our pricing)
📰 Upcoming plans:

• With the demand for SEA hitting a critical point, we have begun talks with our SEA vendor to move forward. I will share more news as I get it.
  • OCE still needs more demand. So if you want it in OCE, be sure to fill out the survey and invite your friends to do so.
  • Review units have been shipped out to content creators. I will update the IC post as they share their thoughts.
  • Prototypes have been shipped out to Easter Egg Hunt #1, Hunt #2, and ExistentiallyYours Giveaway (https://www.twitch.tv/existentiallyyours) winners - Polished SS "P1", Polished "P2", and Polished SS "P7".
  • More sticker packs shipped
Thank you for the warm response so far. Working on this with Cubic + Isshin, and sharing it to the world is a dream come true for us. We made esc lab so that we can share simple, honest, and functional products, but also to be a small source of positivity and warmth to the community. Thank you again.

// loop

s̷̛͍̘̗͐̉͂̋́̃̄͑̉͝ͅͅǒ̸͖̦͎̠̜͍̝̳̀̓͑̅̿͑͌̇͒̕1̵̲̠̩̃̈́̓̚͠f̶̨̹̱̪̫̖̃̽̂̒̊͆̆͋́́̍̒͘͝p̴͇͎͉̬͊̃͒̆͑͐̂̀͊̓͒̄̐̕͜0̵̢̝̯̼̤̳̫̱̹̬̙̓̋̈́̽̋̉͂̀͠͠6̵̢̨̖̻͓͇̖̰̠̱̜̔́́͆̋͜͝8̸̡̨̹͚͎̪͚̦͍̍̃̚ͅa̶̧̗̹̝̪̯̼͖͖̯̐ḩ̵̢̣̜̻͍͚͓͚͛̇̾ͅt̵̻̼̲̠̥̫̺̤̱̱̑̇̎̊͒̇̒͊̀͌͗̿̕͘͝1̸̧̭̦͚̟̩͓͈̆̆͋̑̅̾̊̀̓̉̐̄͊͘͝ͅ3̶̥̻̻̬̓͑́̀4̶̦̬̠̬̗̣͖̻̞͕̫͉͍̏̍͐͑͛͝7̸̛̙̟̣͍̯͓̀͒̒̅̋́͑̌̚̕
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 February 2021, 18:32:51 by loop | esc lab »

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
Re: [IC] Series 00 - metal artisan in three alloys | dededecline First Look
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 15:07:55 »
📅  Update 02/22/2021 - dededecline First Look + SEA/UK Vendor Requests

We have shipped out Series 00 to the first wave of reviewers and we are super thrilled to say that dededecline (dklein on Geekhack) has shared his first look on all five Series 00.

His review: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/924901137?t=00h20m17s

Note: this is not the Foundry Edition - as the FE does not come with a $30 dollar Pelican Case haha, but does come with a lil sum sum

Thank you so much dededecline for the review brother  :thumb:  Please the second finger condom. This is very very important  :-X .

A number of you have reached out to me (and also in the IC survey) requesting SEA and UK vendors. I originally thought Candy Keys was enough for EU/UK, but totally forgot about Brexit. So UK would incur some pretty heavy charges from product coming from the EU.

So, I am super aware of this and I will be putting out some feelers for specific vendors in SEA and UK.

Also, added new typographic illustrations from https://www.instagram.com/gracehong.jpg/

Check out her stuff - they're super dope.

Question to you all - do you prefer updates as new comments or within our original post?

s̷̛͍̘̗͐̉͂̋́̃̄͑̉͝ͅͅǒ̸͖̦͎̠̜͍̝̳̀̓͑̅̿͑͌̇͒̕1̵̲̠̩̃̈́̓̚͠f̶̨̹̱̪̫̖̃̽̂̒̊͆̆͋́́̍̒͘͝p̴͇͎͉̬͊̃͒̆͑͐̂̀͊̓͒̄̐̕͜0̵̢̝̯̼̤̳̫̱̹̬̙̓̋̈́̽̋̉͂̀͠͠6̵̢̨̖̻͓͇̖̰̠̱̜̔́́͆̋͜͝8̸̡̨̹͚͎̪͚̦͍̍̃̚ͅa̶̧̗̹̝̪̯̼͖͖̯̐ḩ̵̢̣̜̻͍͚͓͚͛̇̾ͅt̵̻̼̲̠̥̫̺̤̱̱̑̇̎̊͒̇̒͊̀͌͗̿̕͘͝1̸̧̭̦͚̟̩͓͈̆̆͋̑̅̾̊̀̓̉̐̄͊͘͝ͅ3̶̥̻̻̬̓͑́̀4̶̦̬̠̬̗̣͖̻̞͕̫͉͍̏̍͐͑͛͝7̸̛̙̟̣͍̯͓̀͒̒̅̋́͑̌̚̕
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2021, 21:47:47 by loop | esc lab »

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
Re: [IC] Series 00: metal artisan in three alloys | First look from dededecline
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 02:59:55 »
Hey all.

Note that there ONE day left for the Easter Egg Hunt. The hunt closes on March 1st. Rules are in the original post above.

We'll roll the two winners next week on a special livestream.

To recap, here are the prizes for Easter Egg Hunt #3

We're giving away:
"P3"-engraved Sandblast Brass prototype
"P4"-engraved Sandblast Clear Alu prototype
Winner of the spins gets a special Egg role on our Discord channel

We have almost 100 entries so far, so get your egg in before the end date (March 1st).

The prototypes we are giving out in these Easter Egg hunts are not sold and have unique prototype engravings on them. Here's the Polished Brass P2 proto that Jeff from Jlabs won: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLm66TYn-k-/

Good luck and have fun!

Offline Ponker

Ponker bless.

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
Re: [IC] Series 00: metal artisan
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 15:23:18 »

📅 03/05/2021 Update: AS/SEA Vendor announced + Quattro Pack

Hello everyone! I have some exciting updates as we are about 19 days away from the group buy.

New Asia and Southeast Asia vendor.

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
[IC] Series 00 | 03/05/2021: zFrontier, Quattro Pack, & 19 days till GB!
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 15:44:34 »

📅 03/05/2021 Update: AS/SEA/AUS vendor announcement + Quattro Pack + GB in 19 days

Hello everyone! I have some exciting updates as we are about 19 days away from the group buy.

zFrontier -- our Asia and Southeast Asia vendor

我们非常的荣幸宣布zFrontier作为我们亚洲和东南亚的代理商!

We are very honored and excited to announce that zFrontier will be the vendor for Asia and Southeast Asia region. zFrontier will be able to service everywhere from Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, to Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, and more.

Additionally, zF will be able to ship to Australia at a very reasonable shipping price.

Note: zFrontier also provides free shipping to ALL regions on orders >$100 USD. This applies to our Australia friends. 

Pricing for the AS/SEA region will be announced very soon, and this completes all our vendors for the Series 00 GB.

Series 00's launch vendors are the following: Mechs & Co (USA), Desk Hero (Canada), Candy Keys (EU), and zFrontier (Asia / SEA / Oceania).

We saw that there were folks asking for a UK vendor because of Brexit, and while we also feel the pain of missing a UK vendor, since this is our first GB ever + having to manage the manufacturing logistics ourselves, we want to keep things as simple as possible so we don't mess up because we have too many vendors and complexity. I hope you understand. As esc lab grows, we'll do our best to satisfy more of you folk's requests -- thank you :thumb: !

Series 00 Quattro Edition

I am happy to say that we are adding a discounted 4-pack for each Series 00, called the Quattro Edition.

What this means is - you can buy a specific Series 00 in a bundle of four, i.e. 4x Black Anodized Aluminum with a discount.

This will be great option for those that want to fill a function row island (i.e. F1-F4), macro pads, or just if you want to buy multiple Series 00. 

We decided to add this option because many of our IC2 responses asked how they could buy multiple Series 00 at once and whether they could get a discount for doing so. We are saying yes you can.

Thank you Mechs & Co (USA), Desk Hero (Canada), Candy Keys (EU), and zFrontier (Asia / SEA / Oceania) for agreeing to this, and this wraps up all our launch vendors for Series 00.

Easter Egg #3 Prototype Giveaway Spin-the-Wheel

117 people found the Easter Egg on our website over the course of two weeks.

We will be spinning the wheel to find the two winners of our Series 00 prototype giveaway on March 6th Saturday 3 PM PST.

We are giving away the following:

✅  "P3" Sandblast Brass
✅  "P4" Sandblast Clear Alu
✅  Winner of the spin(s) gets the @🥚  Egg #3 (IC2) role

To get a notification of when the event will start, join our Discord and RSVP for the event in the #research-facility channel.

so1fp068aht1347

Code: [Select]

RECOVERY STATUS COMPLETE_

OBJECT HAS ARRIVED HOME AT A 0H 42M 44S | DEC +41° 16′ 9″_

COMMENCE NEXT PHASE OF THE PLAN_ ARTIFACT TRANSPORTED TO FOUNDRY FOR FURTHER PROCESSING_

Thank you for the incredible response for Series 00 so far. Cubic, Isshin, and I have been blown away by the positive response, and I cannot wait for the group buy to go live on the 24th :)

loop // esc lab

Offline shima

• keeb weeb
esc lab pogu
boards: anura

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab

Offline Versyl

Can't wait until the GB

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
Can't wait until the GB
Same!! Can't believe it's happening. Our first GB. Both excited and slightly nervous.

Offline ovurcast

If only I could afford a whole keyboard filled with this

Offline kight

looking clean as hell loop! can't wait to get a few and build a new tofu slicer :) jk, but looking forward to GB! I love pretty pieces of metal

Offline yukitoki

O.O shiny

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
If only I could afford a whole keyboard filled with this

I wish I could too  :p

looking clean as hell loop! can't wait to get a few and build a new tofu slicer :) jk, but looking forward to GB! I love pretty pieces of metal

Thanks kight <3 Please take a video of the tofu slicer, waiting for it  :thumb:

O.O shiny

Can confirm is very shiny

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
Hello all!

I'm excited to say that our GB will be in 12 days, with the following vendors

Mechs & Co for the US
Desk Hero for Canada
Candy Keys for EU
zFrontier for China, Asia (includes SEA), and Australia

Any particular set you have in mind to buy?

Our launch will have the Foundry Edition (a set of five for all Series 00 materials, perfect for collectors), Quattro Edition (four of one material, perfect for function rows and macro pads), and the individual packs!

Thank you again for the warm responses :)

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
Hello all!

8 days until GB, I'm stoked  :thumb: .

We have a few more reviews coming up including Apiary's and Tae's :)

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
Re: [IC] Series 00 // GB on March 24!
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 02:39:01 »
Hello everyone.

My second last comment on this post before we move to the [GB] post.

36 hours or 1.5 days until GB.

I'm so stoked.

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 17:10:11 »

Offline Trivent

• Trivent Keyboards
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 18:39:09 »
Loving it and will 100% get it. Shout out for all the hard work needed to make this! You guys rock  :thumb:

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 18:39:45 »
Loving it and will 100% get it. Shout out for all the hard work needed to make this! You guys rock  :thumb:
I appreciate your support!

Offline dingusxmcgee

[IC] Series 00 // GB on March 24!
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 19:43:26 »
In for 1. Very catvibe.

-oops wrong thread

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 19:43:56 »
In for 1. Very catvibe.
dededecline will be putting the Foundry Edition on the Paw ;)

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 19:44:40 »
In for 1. Very catvibe.
dededecline will be putting the Foundry Edition on the Paw ;)
I may or may not be very excited to see that