Author Topic: [IC] GMK Jelly Delights | GB is Live !  (Read 42718 times)

Offline Banned

Re: [IC] GMK Jelly Delights | Prices Added !
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 16:49:22 »
Sheesh that's an expensive set

I double sheesh'd

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 16:54:17 »

I double sheesh'd

But have you triple sheesh'd yet?

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 17:02:08 »
A man passionate about his work lol265742-0

Offline Faehriss

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 17:07:08 »
A man passionate about his work lol (Attachment Link)
Should probably start by not being banned and having a middleman run their sets :blank:
church of the POM keeb

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 17:33:34 »

just gonna say that this was from the exact same day lmaoo
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 17:40:51 »
What the hell is this pricing.

$145 for a 2 color kit?

$50 for novelties with 8 molds (6 designs and 2 colors).

I am surprised at this pricing.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 17:43:52 »

$145 for a 2 color kit?

#KonoVibes

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 17:50:56 »

$145 for a 2 color kit?

#KonoVibes

honestly, not even kono at this point. The recent pricing has gotten better.
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline Reebes

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:09:27 »
If anyone actually buys this they deserve exactly what they get.

Naw. Lots of people buy sets without going on GH. Just members of discord servers and vendor email lists. Feel like vendors owe them some transparency, lol.

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:21:47 »
$145 base kit. ouchie

Offline Baka Bot

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:31:56 »
The interesting thing is that ppl are not gonna forget about it

Offline Izeri

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:36:22 »
Hmmm

Offline ee

• hi
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 20:29:35 »
cease and desist

Offline P103

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 22:17:32 »

So he expects $145 and not being accountable for the outcome of the set. The barrier of entry to create something in this hobby should so much fking higher.

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 22:48:34 »

So he expects $145 and not being accountable for the outcome of the set. The barrier of entry to create something in this hobby should so much fking higher.

Will agree, although seeing the comments rushed and poorly done items is pretty fun, but yes I do agree. All the designer resources provided despite forcing you to make changes that some may never make will prompt people to think they can be a designer while learning little to nothing.

Offline azzipa

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 08:47:39 »
neither base nor mods includes R1 Del - clearly you get what you pay for.

Offline orb

• soft and round
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 15:10:42 »
150$................ :-X

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 15:53:20 »
150$................ :-X

Well technically, $145, $159 after USA taxes (not sure about other countries), plus at least $10-15 in shipping, so TL;DR you're paying $170 for the base kit alone. Of course all things have shipping and taxes but still.

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 15:59:06 »
Gotta admit, despite how much kaysoo has been dumped on in this IC post, you've been nothing but professional. Yeah background to the set is sort of a disaster, but you handled it better than a lot of people would have. Props to that.  :thumb:

Offline Pach

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 16:43:57 »

just gonna say that this was from the exact same day lmaoo
Show Image

This is not ok

On another note, I don't think the pricing is too unfair. Yeah, only 2 custom colors for $145, but the base kit is decently sized. I know that having an alt kit makes prices go up; that's most likely the reason for the higher than usual pricing.

Back to my previous point: based on everything I've read so far in this thread, I'm concerned about this set when it actually gets made and for its buyers. However, it's not my money, so if certain people happen to really like this colorway then by all means

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 17:05:51 »

In case it's hard to see, I'm going to phrase it here: "So I decided to look a bit deeper into the kozify/ester situation and found some interesting things. To begin with this, there is a screenshot of a render Ester was trying to make that looks exactly like one of the old jelly delights novelties shown here, https://imgur.com/a/AXeBLLk and also the fact that kozify the discord account was made very recently and joined KDD the day after the gmk witch debacle, which is extremely suspicious if you ask me. This is also shown here, https://imgur.com/a/kjFlvMi. Now this on its own really would have meant nothing to me, but the fact that this was hidden feels odd to me as a whole. If we could have a direct response from Ester that would be great, because sure he messed up GMK Witch but he could have fixed it up and redeemed himself or scrapped it as a whole like he did but redeemed himself with jelly delights instead of causing the confusion and distrust because of this."

This situation really is an absolute mess. Not sure what else we're supposed to say at this point. The reason for Kozify's ban was never explained, and when questioned about it Kaysoo said Kozify denied having relation to GMK Voodoo/Witch. It's long overdue, but we need a full explanation.

Full credit to ramlord for the original post.

Offline Pach

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 07:53:07 »

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #122 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 14:00:01 »
Gotta admit, despite how much kaysoo has been dumped on in this IC post, you've been nothing but professional. Yeah background to the set is sort of a disaster, but you handled it better than a lot of people would have. Props to that.  :thumb:
Thanks for the kind words  :D

Offline yh

• hyurinkb
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 15:00:35 »
Show Image

In case it's hard to see, I'm going to phrase it here: "So I decided to look a bit deeper into the kozify/ester situation and found some interesting things. To begin with this, there is a screenshot of a render Ester was trying to make that looks exactly like one of the old jelly delights novelties shown here, https://imgur.com/a/AXeBLLk and also the fact that kozify the discord account was made very recently and joined KDD the day after the gmk witch debacle, which is extremely suspicious if you ask me. This is also shown here, https://imgur.com/a/kjFlvMi. Now this on its own really would have meant nothing to me, but the fact that this was hidden feels odd to me as a whole. If we could have a direct response from Ester that would be great, because sure he messed up GMK Witch but he could have fixed it up and redeemed himself or scrapped it as a whole like he did but redeemed himself with jelly delights instead of causing the confusion and distrust because of this."

This situation really is an absolute mess. Not sure what else we're supposed to say at this point. The reason for Kozify's ban was never explained, and when questioned about it Kaysoo said Kozify denied having relation to GMK Voodoo/Witch. It's long overdue, but we need a full explanation.

I was the one who reported his account. I suspect that they are the same person as well. Thank you for coming out with this info, Nova and Koosha. I was wondering how I should break the news but I guess you guys did it for me. There are 4 accounts tied to his IP on geekhack, by the way.

Would just also like to mention that Kozify also lied and went back on his words regarding previously agreed profit splits to his deskmat artist, saying it was Kono's policy (doesn't exist). IIRC, he also told this same artist to continue using the copyrighted novelties for the deskmat right after this was posted(Novelties have now been changed, slightly. The artist withdrew from the collaboration because of the copyright as well as the splits):

Thanks a lot for your big big feedback ,be sure that Kozify nows the "novelty problem" and he is looking forward giving y'all great content !

I dunno, something kinda tells me no sincere ****s have been given, and that its a "problem" in his eyes.

I heard Kozify was banned bc it was an alt account of the user responsible for that GMK Witch IC debacle. Is this true?
Kozify said its just a rumor ,as he said he has nothing in common with gmk witch

Offline SDKCAMPING

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 16:15:26 »
I also am suspciious because I cannot see how these things are shrinkwrap but it seems kaysoo and ester both see this as shrinkwrap

Blue Gray Ciel 60 with BCPs | E-white 7V (plateless) with Aqua Kings

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #125 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 16:40:25 »
I also am suspciious because I cannot see how these things are shrinkwrap but it seems kaysoo and ester both see this as shrinkwrap

Show Image

Show Image

I really understand your curiosity but i'm a real person, different from kozify and ester...
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 April 2021, 16:46:57 by kaysoo1337 »

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 18:57:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

Shrink wrapping is simply just a method to add images to an object. Many designers use shrinkwraps, even I do. Nothing fishy going on there.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 16:05:13 »
Show Image

kozify = ester = esterhazy = asterix

Honestly, this whole ordeal has been enough of a ****show that the details and timelines are blurring in my memory, but the gist of it is that there are three duplicate accounts (against ToS - not an insta ban, but related to the following items...), super sketchy ICs (Voodoo/Witch), and lots of coverups (changing accounts when things got dicey). None of these things scream reputable GB runner, nor does the new information revealed in this thread since (wants to just be done with this one and start the next). These are the types of red flags that rarely come up, so when they do, we take action as quickly as possible to avoid any issues taking place on GH.

Offline of_sam

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 16:18:19 »
These are the types of red flags that rarely come up, so when they do, we take action as quickly as possible to avoid any issues taking place on GH.
So take this nonsense off of here.
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline Afresh

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 16:20:59 »
These are the types of red flags that rarely come up, so when they do, we take action as quickly as possible to avoid any issues taking place on GH.

Agree or don't let people post other people ideas

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 16:49:07 »

We have historically allowed people to post on others' behalf. At that point, the new OP (kaysoo in this case) assumes all risk associated with the GB and they are the new "runner" (they just happen to be using a design from someone else). This isn't really that crazy of a structure, and I don't think there is such a clear black/white line here that makes removing this post the obvious response. If someone really wants to take on a bunch of risk for a friend, so be it. The thread is full of discussion as to what has happened, so buyers will be informed. Not to mention, when a set is distributed through vendors, the GB runner is more of a formality than anything else at that point.

That said, I will reiterate what I've said many times when discussing moderation decisions: we are very much open to debate on the topic, and it may turn out that there are angles or outcomes we haven't considered. So don't take my response here as ending the discussion with a final decision for all eternity - I'm happy to talk more in PMs or a more focused thread dedicated to the topic. :thumb:

Offline Achromous

• noesc.co.uk
    • NOESC
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 18:12:29 »

We have historically allowed people to post on others' behalf. At that point, the new OP (kaysoo in this case) assumes all risk associated with the GB and they are the new "runner" (they just happen to be using a design from someone else). This isn't really that crazy of a structure, and I don't think there is such a clear black/white line here that makes removing this post the obvious response. If someone really wants to take on a bunch of risk for a friend, so be it. The thread is full of discussion as to what has happened, so buyers will be informed. Not to mention, when a set is distributed through vendors, the GB runner is more of a formality than anything else at that point.

That said, I will reiterate what I've said many times when discussing moderation decisions: we are very much open to debate on the topic, and it may turn out that there are angles or outcomes we haven't considered. So don't take my response here as ending the discussion with a final decision for all eternity - I'm happy to talk more in PMs or a more focused thread dedicated to the topic. :thumb:

I would argue that the vast majority of potential buyers are not reading the comments in the latter pages of this thread and that keeping this IC where there is clear reputability issues is just a negative proposition for the consumers in general. At a bare minimum a few words/a link to the comments calling the runner into the question should be added to the first post.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 18:51:25 »
I would argue that the vast majority of potential buyers are not reading the comments in the latter pages of this thread and that keeping this IC where there is clear reputability issues is just a negative proposition for the consumers in general. At a bare minimum a few words/a link to the comments calling the runner into the question should be added to the first post.

Good point. We've always required that in the GB post, but it's sensible enough to add it here to the IC as well. :thumb:

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
[IC] GMK Jelly Delights | Prices Added !
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 20:12:01 »
EDIT: I'm an idiot. It will go live for GB next week: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNu-UEZH5QG/?igshid=yvsffbf121ez

This set just went live for GB.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 April 2021, 20:45:02 by loop | esc lab »

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 20:48:43 »
Oh s*t! This dumpster fire is going live?  :))

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 21:49:32 »
price is oof. But if you need pink I suppose this is your set.

Offline CardinalityTV

• CardinalDesign Portfolio
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 19:51:41 »

My reaction too lol

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 20:33:52 »

EDIT: I'm an idiot. It will go live for GB next week: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNu-UEZH5QG/?igshid=yvsffbf121ez

This set just went live for GB.

My reaction too lol

Tomorrow

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [IC] GMK Jelly Delights | GB is Live !
« Reply #138 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 07:48:15 »
Locked, GB is open.
Very busy with studies atm.