Author Topic: Duck Black Bird Kustom Group Buy  (Read 179862 times)

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
Re: Duck Black Bird Kustom Group Buy
« Reply #450 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 11:43:08 »
Long shot but anyone know the 3M PN for the included adhesive feet? They're pretty dope and I want them for my other boards.

Can someone take a pic of these feet?  I work in my company's buying dept and we carry a lot of 3M hooks & adhesives - I might be able to get some insight here.

Ayy, a fellow member of the Purchasing life. Buying at work so we can buy at home.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #451 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 12:26:53 »
Long shot but anyone know the 3M PN for the included adhesive feet? They're pretty dope and I want them for my other boards.

Can someone take a pic of these feet?  I work in my company's buying dept and we carry a lot of 3M hooks & adhesives - I might be able to get some insight here.

I would like to know this also, I need to replace the feet on my boards!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline IneffableTao

« Reply #452 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 13:03:53 »

Thanks for looking into it! It feels like thin sorbothane.
More
Show Image

The buyer looked through their product catalog and has 2 thoughts on what it might be.  If sold pre-cut then the only rectangular product that low in height would be SJ61B15.  However, based on the image they believe it's far more likely to be roll stock (purchased in a bulk roll and cut down which from a pricing perspective is at least 3x more cost efficient).  We couldn't tell the thickness but guessed ~1/8 inch, which led to SJ5808

I did a little cursory searching and didn't find much by way of consumer purchasing opportunities for either of these.  Sadly the best deal on the rollstock looks to come from Grainger at ~$71 USD

Offline IneffableTao

« Reply #453 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 13:06:48 »
Ayy, a fellow member of the Purchasing life. Buying at work so we can buy at home.

I'm fortunately in an analytical and technical role, supporting the buying teams with reporting & insights.  Very low stress position compared to the madness going on around me, as long as my data is accurate there's not much else I'm responsible for.

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #454 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 13:30:46 »

I'm fortunately in an analytical and technical role, supporting the buying teams with reporting & insights.  Very low stress position compared to the madness going on around me, as long as my data is accurate there's not much else I'm responsible for.

Ah, I hear you. My company's Purchasing department isn't anywhere near big enough for folks to be specifically in that role, so we balance buying with the additional duties of sourcing and coordinating with everyone (engineering, production, shipping/receiving, cleanroom inspection, inventory, regulatory, sales) and it's like walking around on a delicate spiderweb. We all have our place and function and man, does it feel good to do it with a mechanical keyboard beneath our fingers.

On a more topical note, I'm loving the pictures of everyone's Black Birds being posted! Bummed I missed out on this, but also kind of glad, since the collection is starting to really be noticeable (even moreso when the GBs I'm in deliver). Keep the great photos coming!

Offline megaforce

« Reply #455 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 14:37:14 »

Thanks for looking into it! It feels like thin sorbothane.
More
Show Image

The buyer looked through their product catalog and has 2 thoughts on what it might be.  If sold pre-cut then the only rectangular product that low in height would be SJ61B15.  However, based on the image they believe it's far more likely to be roll stock (purchased in a bulk roll and cut down which from a pricing perspective is at least 3x more cost efficient).  We couldn't tell the thickness but guessed ~1/8 inch, which led to SJ5808

I did a little cursory searching and didn't find much by way of consumer purchasing opportunities for either of these.  Sadly the best deal on the rollstock looks to come from Grainger at ~$71 USD

Thank you again! :)

Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #456 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 10:11:58 »
Hello, I am the GB organizer for the Octagon V2 weight insert. I have been approached by several participants and asked whether I would be providing something similar for the Black Bird.

I expressed interest in doing so, but first I would need some accurate measurements and/or CAD files to give a firm answer. Does anyone here have any information that can point me in the right direction? Thank you.

Offline RocketGruntJake

• Brb, gotta grow some flowers
« Reply #457 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 10:32:52 »
Any news on the round 2 ship date/status?

Offline widdlekitty

« Reply #458 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 11:07:06 »
Any news on the round 2 ship date/status?

I believe it was said that it would be aproximately 1 month after the first round shipment. The previous round shipped around Oct 13th, so probably another 10 days or so before it goes out the door.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #459 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 11:09:35 »
Hello, I am the GB organizer for the Octagon V2 weight insert. I have been approached by several participants and asked whether I would be providing something similar for the Black Bird.

I expressed interest in doing so, but first I would need some accurate measurements and/or CAD files to give a firm answer. Does anyone here have any information that can point me in the right direction? Thank you.
Somebody please throw Merlin some measurements lets make the bird a bit more hefty

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #460 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 11:24:54 »

Somebody please throw Merlin some measurements lets make the bird a bit more hefty

Do you have a steel counter? I am afraid that if this thing gets heavier it will leave marks on my wooden table like my monitor does.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #461 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 13:26:25 »

I would love this to happen
Heard that cad was shared somewhere, been trying to find on ducks or kbdlab with no luck
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline oatsbagotes

« Reply #462 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 20:49:50 »
Also very interested in a weight for my blackbird :thumb:, I wish I could help move this forward but I lack the tools to be of any use :(

Offline m1kehonch0

« Reply #463 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 06:33:20 »

I'm definitely interested in getting a weight. I'm in on R2. If you haven't got measurements by then I'll get them for you when my board arrives.
Thanks for reaching out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #464 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 08:46:04 »
Thank you to all those who PMed me regarding the weight insert. To not clutter up this thread, please re-direct all questions/comments/concerns to my interest check:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=85641.0

Thank you.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #465 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 19:16:44 »
Hello

It is time for the 2nd batch to ship.  LAST CALL FOR ADDRESS CHANGES!

I'll give everyone 24 hours

Offline gaiden

« Reply #466 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 19:26:49 »
Hello

Woohoo thanks for the much anticipated update Elton!

Offline alveeno

« Reply #467 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 22:46:49 »
Anyone know how long it will take to arrive in the USA? Rough ETA?

Offline widdlekitty

« Reply #468 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 23:01:33 »
Anyone know how long it will take to arrive in the USA? Rough ETA?

Less than a week, once shipped.

Offline Jumie

« Reply #469 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 23:06:33 »
Hello

nice

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #470 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 21:53:17 »
Ship ship ship juju bump

Offline brighenne

« Reply #471 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 12:39:46 »
Ship ship ship juju bump

Agreed. Hopefully they've shipped already given that 24 hour warning from Elton.

Offline breitling

« Reply #472 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 14:39:03 »
Got my overwatch keyset in and I think this will be the one I am rocking on here for a while. Digging the combo right now.

Offline RocketGruntJake

• Brb, gotta grow some flowers
« Reply #473 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 19:57:41 »
I wonder if round two has shipped yet...

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #474 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 00:55:32 »
I wonder if round two has shipped yet...

Haha, I'm having nightmares that it will arrive while I'm away for Thanksgiving.

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #475 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 00:34:52 »
Finally got mine together over the last couple nights... Vintage blacks, GMK Dolch with CMY... I know it looks a lot like the one Duck had posted on his tistory but I just couldn't help myself - it just looked too good! 

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #476 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 09:15:23 »

Offline MrDaddio

« Reply #477 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 10:40:07 »
Where did Elton go:(

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #478 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 02:54:52 »
Don't worry, he'll be back.  He always comes back.  ;D

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #479 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 03:53:20 »

Thats what mom said  :'( Now I'm a stripper addicted to crazy things like keyboards. Flashbacks, ahhh

Offline gaiden

« Reply #480 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 03:58:39 »

Thats what mom said  :'( Now I'm a stripper addicted to crazy things like keyboards. Flashbacks, ahhh
Wow im interested in seeing your stripper keyset to go with that exotic keyboard you have

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #481 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 11:47:39 »
Something is very wrong with by board. When I press the FLIP key in normal use strange stuff happens, depending on how I press it. If I press it slowly nothing happens, if I press it fast once RGB LED8 and 9 turn off, and when I press it fast repeatedly RGB LED10 also turns off. I doubt anyone knows what is going on, but maybe someone can help me with troubleshooting.

Offline oatsbagotes

« Reply #482 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 14:47:46 »
Something is very wrong with by board. When I press the FLIP key in normal use strange stuff happens, depending on how I press it. If I press it slowly nothing happens, if I press it fast once RGB LED8 and 9 turn off, and when I press it fast repeatedly RGB LED10 also turns off. I doubt anyone knows what is going on, but maybe someone can help me with troubleshooting.
Mine has done that since the day I received mine but I thought nothing of it so I just left it. I also left the firmware stock and haven't touched it with O2D to change anything yet as well. I dont know the exact LED's since I haven't taken it apart but its the lights facing me to the right.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #483 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 15:01:12 »
Mine has done that since the day I received mine but I thought nothing of it so I just left it. I also left the firmware stock and haven't touched it with O2D to change anything yet as well. I dont know the exact LED's since I haven't taken it apart but its the lights facing me to the right.

Jup, exactly those LED's are the ones... Strange. I hope it's just a firmware issue that will be fixed down the road.

Offline oatsbagotes

« Reply #484 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 17:59:24 »
Can someone familiar with the firmware help me out, whenever I go to upload my board and connect the "file open" stays blank and the "upload" as well. I've never used Ducks firmware and I am very  confused. I cant seem to get it to work on my Octagon or Blackbird

Offline Weiss

• Impulse buying at its finest
« Reply #485 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 21:18:45 »
Can someone familiar with the firmware help me out, whenever I go to upload my board and connect the "file open" stays blank and the "upload" as well. I've never used Ducks firmware and I am very  confused. I cant seem to get it to work on my Octagon or Blackbird

From my experience, that means you haven't connected the keyboard while holding the FLIP key. Try disconnecting your board and holding the FLIP key, then plugging it back in while that FLIP key is pressed. The Octagon's FLIP key is the top right most key, but I'm not sure about the Blackbird's.

Offline oatsbagotes

« Reply #486 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 06:29:35 »
whenever I go to save my custom layout I just get a runtime error 76 "no path found" and it doesn't save my layout and closes out the program. I know how to do the flip keys but I feel like im missing something very obvious.

Offline widdlekitty

« Reply #487 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 19:30:08 »
Second batch tracking info was added to the sheet.

Offline tuco

« Reply #488 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 19:54:57 »

Awesome! Looks like mine already made it state-side, should be here soon. Drooling...

Offline m1kehonch0

« Reply #489 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 20:04:07 »

Hells yeah! Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #490 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 20:19:00 »
Never thought it'd get to my apartment before Thanksgiving, panicking.

Offline alveeno

« Reply #491 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 20:29:12 »
I'm so excited

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #492 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 23:32:26 »
yeeyeeyeeyeeyeeeee
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #493 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 01:09:39 »
whenever I go to save my custom layout I just get a runtime error 76 "no path found" and it doesn't save my layout and closes out the program. I know how to do the flip keys but I feel like im missing something very obvious.
You have to change the file name... So for instance you might get a "Save As" filename that looks like 02D_Custom_v1.9.640_BlackBird_11/20/2016_230709.hex .  Change this to something simple, like "blackbird" and click save.  It will then save the file to the destination where the exe is located.  I'm pretty familiar with the process if you need more help, PM me.

Offline oatsbagotes

« Reply #494 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 10:33:40 »
Thank you that appears to be exactly what I needed and now I can set my boards to my liking,, Thanks for the help! :thumb:

Offline brighenne

« Reply #495 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 15:11:44 »
Woo, my board is out for delivery! But I don't have the switches I want for it yet..

Maybe I'll build and just desolder later on  :))

edit- ahhh notice left because nobody was home, guess I won't get it til Wednesday anyway, haha.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 November 2016, 15:27:03 by brighenne »

Offline alveeno

« Reply #496 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 17:38:11 »
Is there a guide to the firmware?
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 November 2016, 19:34:59 by alveeno »

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #497 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 01:38:34 »
Is there a guide to the firmware?
On page 8 - Post #376 to #383 it's discussed.  Look at the PDF linked in #383 it's spot on.  Make sure you're using the newest edition of 02D

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #498 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 01:39:47 »
Anyone have any idea of when Viper/Eagle is gonna go up?

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #499 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 09:01:46 »
Anyone have any idea of when Viper/Eagle is gonna go up?

Based on what others have said which was based on previous Duck GBs, probably a month or two from now.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)