Author Topic: Noob alert - how do I put enter and backspace keycap  (Read 3680 times)

Offline dragonload

Noob alert - how do I put enter and backspace keycap
« on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 08:40:03 »
Hello, im upgrading a noppoo choc mini with o-rings and I actually don't know how to put those 2 keys in. I don't wanna break it. Just press the keycap down and thats it?

http://imgur.com/a/VEWSY

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
Re: Noob alert - how do I put enter and backspace keycap
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 08:43:48 »
You should have some Costar Inserts that go into your keycaps that attach to the stabilizer wire - they are little white "loops"

http://imgur.com/gJCOe4T

Offline zeltner

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 08:48:29 »
Picture is blurry but it looks like there are black inserts in the keycap already? The ends of the wire need to go into these inserts. Easiest way is to take the adjacent keycaps off to give yourself a little space to work. Slide one end into the wire then tilt it to get the other end in. then press the cap onto the switch stem.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 08:49:35 »
Picture is blurry but it looks like there are black inserts in the keycap already? The ends of the wire need to go into these inserts. Easiest way is to take the adjacent keycaps off to give yourself a little space to work. Slide one end into the wire then tilt it to get the other end in. then press the cap onto the switch stem.

DOH! didnt even see them, ignore my post OP, you already have your inserts!

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 08:50:23 »
You should have some Costar Inserts that go into your keycaps that attach to the stabilizer wire - they are little white "loops"

http://imgur.com/gJCOe4T

The inserts are there, they're just black and not white in color.

Here's a video dragonload:

TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE

Offline dragonload

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 09:31:14 »
I got it. Thank you!

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 10:44:29 »

This is a better approach, I always do it this way.  :)

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden