geekhack Community > New Members

New here

<< < (2/3) > >>

TheProfosist:

--- Quote from: getoffmalawn on Sat, 25 August 2012, 06:46:23 ---
--- Quote from: hazeluff on Sat, 25 August 2012, 03:37:01 ---
You're in the same boat as I am = ).

Tho if your experiance is from 7-8 years old, you may need to do some learning. = p

Welcome to Geekhack and check out some of the projects going on (DOX/Phantom/etc).

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I definitely have a lot of learning to do :P if you know of any good resources, let me know! I've been told that Digital Systems by Tocci is good, I might pick it up.

--- Quote from: TheProfosist on Sat, 25 August 2012, 03:50:56 ---Hey if uve got a poker join us on the dox project

--- End quote ---

I don't have a Poker yet, I'm still tossing up whether or not I should get one. I might get one to provide the parts for my project, I'm not sure if that's feasible though.

The Dox KB project doesn't look like it's seen much activity in a while - what work does it need to reach completion? All the attachments on the original post are gone now as well, which I imagine doesn't help newcomers.

--- End quote ---
check out the builing a dox thread it was just moved from the archive. A pcb and plate are being worked on for my layout currently. The dox were are curently working on will actually fit a pooker case unlike the original.

Computer-Lab in Basement:

digi:
Welcome!

getoffmalawn:

--- Quote from: hazeluff on Sat, 25 August 2012, 07:04:02 ---The site got transferred, and old attachments are all broken.

Bpiphany (Prinsvalium) had a thread before about using KiCad to design the PCB, but the link for it I have is broken.

I've followed him and I've also used KiCad. It's pretty good for free software.

--- End quote ---

Oh, before I do that, I think I should learn about designing circuits, and playing around with some circuits first :) I could use KiCad, but I'd have no idea whether or not I'm doing the right thing. I already know about logic gates and boolean algebra and whatnot, it's mostly the electrical side of things I don't really know about.

Also, are the old attachments still around, do you know? If the people who run the site are interested, I may be able to help fixing the attachments so that they actually show up again on the forum.

--- Quote from: TheProfosist on Sat, 25 August 2012, 11:26:27 ---check out the builing a dox thread it was just moved from the archive. A pcb and plate are being worked on for my layout currently. The dox were are curently working on will actually fit a pooker case unlike the original.

--- End quote ---

Awesome! I've subscribed to the thread and the other Dox thread, so I'll have an idea when things are moving forward. I'll look poking around and learning everything to try and catch up.

hakujin:
Welcome!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version