geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

What is a group buy? Should I join one? Group Buy FAQ / Buying Guidelines

<< < (6/7) > >>

HoffmanMyster:

--- Quote from: pchoi on Sat, 23 November 2019, 12:51:04 ---Hello! I have a question about purchasing a group-buy keyboard. I'm fairly new and just was curious, do most people buy multiple PCBs for their custom keyboard, just in the odd case that one might fail? Or do the manufacturers do well in making sure you have a fully functioning PCB? Any advice is welcomed. Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Welcome!  :) 

In most cases, the group buy organizer or manufacturer will purchase a few extras for replacements in case of dead-on-arrival boards, so I wouldn't be too concerned about that issue. 

However, it's not a terrible idea to get a spare if the case/board in question uses a very custom PCB layout or design.  You never know if you might botch the board while desoldering or modifying things down the road, so having a bit of a safety net there is helpful.  That said, it's also not cheap to have extra PCBs for multiple boards, so it will be something to think about. 

These days, it seems like more and more designers are using "standard" or swappable PCBs, so this issue is hopefully becoming less of a problem.  Doesn't hurt to ask about spares/replacements if you're considering it.  :thumb:

Scriba:
If a groupbuy doesn't hit the MOQ, do I get the money back from the vendor?

logo4poop:

--- Quote from: Scriba on Mon, 10 February 2020, 08:51:43 ---If a groupbuy doesn't hit the MOQ, do I get the money back from the vendor?

--- End quote ---
With a good runner yes.

dave9x:

--- Quote from: rowdy on Thu, 21 January 2016, 03:52:40 ---
--- Quote from: justnits on Wed, 20 January 2016, 23:59:00 ---These rules are mainly for groupbuy participants.
Should there be at least some certain guidelines for Groupbuy organizers to adhere to?

--- End quote ---

1. Don't be a ****.

--- End quote ---

this.

FAMOUSKBD:
Excuse me, why can't I post

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version