Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 387253 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #1700 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 09:26:44 »
Great informative video regarding farming. And the old Japanese guy around 24 minutes is priceless.

« Last Edit: Fri, 06 January 2023, 10:19:37 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1702 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 21:54:47 »
the new puss in boots, it's allllright... mmm... not shrek 1 fresh, but it's alright.

Offline RitzyKraken

• Ritzy Kraken
« Reply #1703 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 19:02:36 »
After Life. Lasted about 20 minutes. There's enough everyday British 'humour' in my life to watch it on

I watched this whole thing. Humor was VERY British. And VERY depressing. But I don’t know, it felt real. If I were going through the same problems, that feels like how I would cope. 6/10
Artisan wrist rest maker in the USA
https://www.instagram.com/ritzykraken/

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1704 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 19:21:37 »

After Life. Lasted about 20 minutes.

it felt real.

I thought that it had some good moments, but was weak overall.
(my cousin (60-year-old female dog-lover)  loved it)
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline RitzyKraken

• Ritzy Kraken
« Reply #1705 on: Wed, 11 January 2023, 11:58:07 »

[/quote]

I thought that it had some good moments, but was weak overall.
(my cousin (60-year-old female dog-lover)  loved it)
[/quote]

Oof. I’m not quite there. But I’m almost there. Old ladies unite! 😂

Offline RitzyKraken

• Ritzy Kraken
« Reply #1706 on: Wed, 11 January 2023, 11:59:09 »
Currently watching Scott Pilgrim vs the World. Definitely a throwback. Great movie

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1707 on: Thu, 12 January 2023, 12:51:01 »
u guys see m3gan  ? great modern update to 'Chucky",  effects done by weta digital, not high budget, but convincingly quality.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1708 on: Mon, 16 January 2023, 08:57:49 »
Watched Bullet Train yesterday, highly enjoyed it and laughed alot throughout it.  Also never realized how many people were cast for it.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1709 on: Wed, 18 January 2023, 23:08:31 »
Despite what the internet critics says, Puss in Boots isn't nearly as good as Avatar.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1710 on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 13:40:40 »
The last of us is boring as hell, at least so far.... 

/flame suit

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1711 on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 16:36:11 »
Our Little Sister.
I really like movies showing japanese life. Delicate, calm story about 3 sisters that suddenly find out about a younger, step sis.

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1712 on: Mon, 23 January 2023, 23:12:57 »
Cgi ships on stargate atlantis are very nice looking.

295651-0
295653-1

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1714 on: Fri, 27 January 2023, 14:34:25 »
The last of us is boring as hell, at least so far.... 

/flame suit

Show Image

Recommend just playing the games

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #1715 on: Sat, 28 January 2023, 21:16:03 »
I am watching IMSA 24 Hours of Daytona and new GTP class is very cool !

https://www.imsa.com/tvlive/
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1716 on: Wed, 01 February 2023, 10:31:11 »
Wakanda forever.

now.. one can appreciate that they've leaned into more story elements, but i think we're near exhaustion of the film length format for this sort of thing. the plot devices were too short to be of any depth, and too long between action sequences. the worst combination.

the future of short stories might entirely be in the realm of high budget tv-epics like altered carbon.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1717 on: Wed, 01 February 2023, 10:41:36 »

i think we're near exhaustion

I hit that mark with Marvel movies quite a few years ago, and, in my opinion, the "Wakanda" concept is certainly the weakest of the lot.

Even Doctor Strange, possibly my favorite comic character from half a century ago, and whose revival I thought was particularly successful, desperately needed at least 20%-30% edited out of his movies.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1718 on: Thu, 02 February 2023, 18:01:38 »
Wandering Earth 2,  the CGI is top notch. set pieces are great.

plot,  it's a "prequel" , so it explains some of the lead up to the 1st movie.

overall, it's felt like a distillation of many scifi elements in a very narrow time window.  so it's not wordy, and at times you do feel a bit rushed.

minor political speech, but this is common for all military oriented movies even american ones.

Worth watching for the graphix alone though, so no let down there.

295945-0

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1719 on: Thu, 02 February 2023, 19:46:45 »
Just finished Station Eleven.

Neat idea, but frustrating to watch. It was far too slow, and there was far too much emphasis on the "before time" but it was a solid "B" overall.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1720 on: Mon, 06 February 2023, 23:18:23 »
The Ark ,  seems to have alot of tween plot so far,  slightly revolting if one thinks too much about it, and the graphics are crummy,

Buhhhhh. There's pretty much no other shows to watch righ now so......

Thoughts ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1721 on: Thu, 09 February 2023, 18:41:05 »
Ark episode 2, mmm... still kind of boring stuff, kind of like camping.  It's not awful, still watchable.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1722 on: Sat, 11 February 2023, 02:28:16 »
I watched all of Book Of Boba Fett, Star Wars: Visions, Clone Wars '03, Andor, and Obi Wan.
Been on a real Star Wars kick the past couple weeks. Visions(1st episode especially), Clone Wars,  and Obi Wan were pretty great. Book made my boy Boba into a total *****, and I just could not really get into Andor.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1723 on: Sat, 11 February 2023, 03:17:39 »
I've been re-watching original Star Wars after quite a long break and finding it.. childish :(
I remember watching Star Wars New Hope every day after running back from school in 80s. Loved it so much.
Last week after watching it again after maybe 30 years break I felt like their acting was like in movies for kids, kinda amateur. Some scenes felt fake, like each scene actors were positioning themselves and start moving just when it started, if you know what I mean, pew-pew scenes acted weirdly, like starship troopers just ran into the corridor and waiting to be shot or blown away. Chewbacca yelling all the time so annoyingly. Darth taking his time to turn around during swords fight. I don't even gonna start on that Hoth fight scene with AT-AT... And that Lando and Boba Fett were total di**heads!
I watched New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. Today - Return of the Jedi.
I feel little bit heart broken... :(
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 February 2023, 03:22:25 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1724 on: Sat, 11 February 2023, 08:36:23 »

finding it.. childish

When Star Wars came out I was not too long out of college and had been an avid reader of science fiction for over a decade (Star Trek TOS had happened when I was in 9th-11th grades of school).

We had been reading about Star Wars for a while, and there was a lot of anticipation for its release, but I was very disappointed when I saw it. At its core it was very cliched and juvenile, a straightforward adventure story, albeit very well told. I walked out of the theater feeling that it was created to be a vehicle to sell dolls and costumes.

While I was very impressed by its special effects (yes, not a misprint - I thought that it was really the inception of the notion that awe-inspiring effects (also not a misprint) could imbue the emotion of "the watching" of a movie with enough value to almost supersede the plot and its other intellectually "qualitative" attributes) it compared very poorly to the books I was reading at the time - Zelazny, Delaney, LeGuin, Niven (I think I remember that "Ringworld" was on my nightstand at the time I went to the movie), Ballard, etc.

Clearly it was aimed at puberty-and-before demographic. A couple of decades later, I could not understand why people dissed "The Phantom Menace" because it seemed to me that it was quite in line and compared favorably with the others.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1725 on: Sat, 11 February 2023, 16:58:05 »
I've been re-watching original Star Wars after quite a long break and finding it.. childish :(
I remember watching Star Wars New Hope every day after running back from school in 80s. Loved it so much.
Last week after watching it again after maybe 30 years break I felt like their acting was like in movies for kids, kinda amateur. Some scenes felt fake, like each scene actors were positioning themselves and start moving just when it started, if you know what I mean, pew-pew scenes acted weirdly, like starship troopers just ran into the corridor and waiting to be shot or blown away. Chewbacca yelling all the time so annoyingly. Darth taking his time to turn around during swords fight. I don't even gonna start on that Hoth fight scene with AT-AT... And that Lando and Boba Fett were total di**heads!
I watched New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. Today - Return of the Jedi.
I feel little bit heart broken... :(

In all honesty I feel as if the shows (both animated and live-action) are infinitely better than any mainline Star Wars movie since Revenge Of The Sith, although I did like Rogue One, but every other movie has been quite bad. I feel like they get more wriggle room to play with the characters and lore in the shows, and they are much better for it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1726 on: Thu, 16 February 2023, 01:14:46 »
Outlander 2008,  it's not awful..... watchable..on the bland side..  warning, a winestein film.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1727 on: Fri, 17 February 2023, 09:54:50 »
ark episode 3, it's meh... better than nothing. but we're running on tropes still.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1728 on: Mon, 20 February 2023, 00:23:07 »
Arrival 1996, charlie sheen before too much droogs.

pretty gud' movie.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1729 on: Mon, 20 February 2023, 02:35:17 »
Been rewatching all the old Conan O'Brian remotes. He really is the king of late night for me, the funniest to ever do it.

Offline CyCo

« Reply #1730 on: Mon, 20 February 2023, 02:35:40 »
I finally finished For All Mankind. What a show, probably too 3 that I’ve ever watched. Just so well made!!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1731 on: Mon, 20 February 2023, 09:55:24 »
I finally finished For All Mankind. What a show, probably too 3 that I’ve ever watched. Just so well made!!

the movie ? 1989

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1732 on: Tue, 21 February 2023, 20:15:59 »
Just saw,   Women Talking (2023),    one can understand the premise behind it, gender inequality/such,

realistically, women have had tremendous soft power behind the scene, and there's been no shortage of sadistic/psychotic female roles in history.

even today, if we look at the cosmetic and fashion industry, it's alot of women exploiting other women.

ya'll seen it ? film felt a bit 1 sided.

with regards to religion, there's really nothing to talk about, let's get rid of it, in its place startrek.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #1733 on: Wed, 22 February 2023, 02:29:16 »

with regards to religion, there's really nothing to talk about, let's get rid of it, in its place startrek.

Hah, I'd be down for that.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1734 on: Wed, 22 February 2023, 03:20:31 »
Just watched s01 of Peacemaker. Probably the best piece of DC media I've seen in 2 decades.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #1735 on: Wed, 22 February 2023, 07:44:13 »
Finished Everything Everywhere All At Once yesterday; might've been a mistake to watch it in instalments but it's over two hours so difficult to fit in. Cool film though, felt like a live-action version of Rick and Morty.

Went to see The Menu tonight in a snow storm. Very solid. I went in kind of knowing what to expect, and it was still surprising at many points. There was not really any point in the film I felt bored, so the pacing was great. Just like a well served meal.
Anya Taylor-Joy and Ralph Finnes were fantastic.
Sounds cool, might give that a go. Have had Wednesday on my list for a while too.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1736 on: Wed, 22 February 2023, 09:05:18 »
Just watched s01 of Peacemaker. Probably the best piece of DC media I've seen in 2 decades.

i think the show is ok,  but i honesty can't get onboard with these male characters, they are the antithesis of role models.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1737 on: Wed, 22 February 2023, 10:59:02 »

i think the show is ok,  but i honesty can't get onboard with these male characters, they are the antithesis of role models.

I remember seeing a Cena signed peacemaker poster at the Kowloon (Cena and a couple other celebrities are known to show up there)
From what I can tell the show is funny enough.

Rn I've been on a WebcomicRelief binge after my homie got his channel back. Elon Musk bots be damned.
Good timing too because this **** is my comfort media and I need that **** rn.
Nothing more comfy than a night in, waxmodding some alps with quality content on (My neck still hurts from falling asleep on the couch tho XD)
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1738 on: Wed, 22 February 2023, 16:32:54 »

I mean, it's a Suicide Squad show technically. They are kinda bad guys in a way, and I think that's one of the main points of the show, people w/ good intentions doing bad things for good. Literally every character in the main squad has that arc where they do something questionable.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1739 on: Wed, 22 February 2023, 16:43:06 »
even today, if we look at the cosmetic and fashion industry, it's alot of women exploiting other women.
That's just an image they give off and it's entirely fake.

Less than 15% of top fashion brands are run by women and that number is high compared to print media, cosmetics and feminine hygene products.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1740 on: Wed, 22 February 2023, 17:36:15 »
That's just an image they give off and it's entirely fake.

Less than 15% of top fashion brands are run by women and that number is high compared to print media, cosmetics and feminine hygene products.

well, i'm was speaking more in terms of the fact that women are complicit in the exploitation, i understand that there are more men holding onto deeds and titles.

complicit is important here, because the cosmetic/fashion scam absolutely WILL NOT WORK without women.

so this falls under the tremendous soft powers (bts) which women in fact possess quite alot of.

which is why i've always thought that despite how it's typically written of, women are not innocuous or any more virtuous than men in positions of power.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1741 on: Fri, 24 February 2023, 08:58:46 »

women exploiting other women.

Less than 15%

The objectification of women has always been a problem but has become particularly acute in the age of the internet.

Look at the Hebrew/Muslim traditions of considering women as somehow "unclean" and not fit for participation in major decision-making, yet still still supremely important for maintaining the domicile.

Then consider how many (young?) men today obsess over pornography while practically ignoring the actual female half of humanity. My (very attractive) 20-something daughter bemoans the fact that most males of her age generally avoid even talking to her, much less interacting with her as a peer.

Like most of the social ills that are making our society so ugly today, the male/female situation was making significant progress through the 1960s and 1970s, but did an abrupt turnaround about 1980.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1743 on: Fri, 24 February 2023, 16:59:02 »
Die Hart,  eh... kinda boring, not engaging.

Show Image

You've sullied my afternoon bringing the knowledge of the existence of this garbage into my life.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1744 on: Sat, 25 February 2023, 11:17:56 »
Rewatching mr.robot

It's really alot better than hackers.

Wearing a hoody.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #1745 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 10:23:41 »
Went into Wednesday thinking it was just going to be good old Addams Family funnies, turns out it's a lot more than that. Pretty hooked tbh =o .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1746 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 10:28:37 »
Went into Wednesday thinking it was just going to be good old Addams Family funnies, turns out it's a lot more than that. Pretty hooked tbh =o .

couldn't get hooked myself.  how far are you guys watching into it before hooked.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1747 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 10:29:24 »

Bro, I SO hope they keep it a detective show for season 2. It's been so popular the budget is going to about quintuple for the pick up. The entire hook that kept me interested is the detective aspect of the show.

Also Jenna Ortega is devastatingly hot. God ****ing damn she is so hot. I'll still watch it for her, I guess.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1748 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 11:04:33 »

Addams Family funnies, turns out it's a lot more than that. Pretty hooked

I watched the original TV show (in B&W) when I was 12 but never saw any of the movies.

Wednesday is pretty good, but has nothing to do with the original TV series, it is more of a Harry Potter-"lite"

It builds slowly and ends rather surprisingly.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1749 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 16:42:13 »
296878-0

terminator 2,  japanese 2015 special edition has alot of grain detail.

Now, it's not considered the best because the colors are very conservatively graded, some people said it looked washed out. TBH it looks very natural/ realistic. especially given the lighting conditions they were suppose to depict.

But yea one can see why it's got the color rep.

That said. it's probably the most grainy of the bunch.

It's also possible that the amount of grain could cause a color cast, which is why they stayed tight on color.

Alot of people are still using 60% srgb monitors/tvs so it's also possible that very accurate colors look under-saturated on those displays. People don't typically mind too much color vs too little color.