Author Topic: [IC] THINK6.5° - PC/Alu 65% Keyboard (Brass Raffle 4/13)  (Read 183420 times)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
More renders based on:

1. Tiffany Blue Accents
2. Olivia
3. Bento
4. Skeletor
5. Mizu
6. Serika
7. Lime
8. Oblivion

« Last Edit: Mon, 11 March 2019, 21:19:41 by oldcat »

Offline PikaJoyce

More renders based on:

1. Tiffany Blue Accents
2. Olivia

Show Image

Show Image

Will there be rose gold weights? :O!!!!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
More renders based on:

1. Tiffany Blue Accents
2. Olivia

Show Image

Show Image

Only if enough people request :) Adding a new color means $$$  :))

Offline TheMnBN

More renders based on:

1. Tiffany Blue Accents
2. Olivia
3. Bento

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Bento render with matching color badge looks fantastic. Not gonna lie, this is a must-buy for me at this point. That said, after that crazy flash sale of the Volcano, I'm worried  :rolleyes:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
More renders based on:

1. Tiffany Blue Accents
2. Olivia
3. Bento

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Bento render with matching color badge looks fantastic. Not gonna lie, this is a must-buy for me at this point. That said, after that crazy flash sale of the Volcano, I'm worried  :rolleyes:

Will probably leave the form open for a couple of days since I plan to only run this just once! The more people join, the happier I am. It is really something I am proud of. That said, it's been a lot of work involved and my research productivity dropped   :(

And to increase the value even more for the supporters, the estimated price will not change and I plan to do more cool raffles with this GB to make it a fun process for my fellow 65% lovers. Follow my Instagram if you fear missing out on this one  :))

« Last Edit: Sat, 09 March 2019, 19:03:14 by oldcat »

Offline Sic_Alpha

Will probably leave the form open for a couple of days since I plan to only run this just once!

Did I miss something? GB form already up?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Will probably leave the form open for a couple of days since I plan to only run this just once!

Did I miss something? GB form already up?

I think the way I constructed the sentence confused you. I mean I will be doing that :)

Offline infinitestratas

Does the PCB only have 1 row of LEDS for underglow?

Offline PikaJoyce

More renders based on:

1. Tiffany Blue Accents
2. Olivia
3. Bento

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Will probably leave the form open for a couple of days since I plan to only run this just once! The more people join, the happier I am. It is really something I am proud of. That said, it's been a lot of work involved and my research productivity dropped   :(

And to increase the value even more for the supporters, the estimated price will not change and I plan to do more cool raffles with this GB to make it a fun process for my fellow 65% lovers. Follow my Instagram if you fear missing out on this one  :))
Have you already decided on a set price? I know it's not going to be over $300 as you are promising, but has the actual amount been estimated yet? :0

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

Interest Check Form and Polls

Dear friends, for those of you who already submitted a form, please kindly update your form based on the new layout poll:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KRWAYYYrB1h_g5ScqGBNsXAQZ2xYPu9bjIPLAIRx--4

Probably should know the answer to this is no without even asking, but: Any chance of the 660 layout without the badge?

Hey we will make the badge file open sourced, you can probably 3D print or CNC your own badge :)

Would getting the same piece of brass, just not engraved be an option?

More renders based on:

1. Tiffany Blue Accents
2. Olivia

Show Image

Show Image

Wait, what are the color options now? If there are extra colors it would be awesome to allow you to buy extra (or the set, like in Space65). Rose Gold PVD, Champagne PBD, Brass PVD, Silver PVD, Black Nickel coated, etc. I know you likely won't have that many, but a few to pick from would be really cool!

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]

I love your approach to this GB, and I think the response from the community shows that we all appreciate your engagement and feel your enthusiasm coming through in these updates! I'm definitely in for one when the GB happens!

(On a side note, I'd love to design my dream board and do a GB someday, but I'm already having trouble balancing my academic research with building boards and staying up to date with news in the community, so much respect to you for finding the time for this project!)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
More renders based on:

1. Tiffany Blue Accents
2. Olivia

Show Image

Show Image

Wait, what are the color options now? If there are extra colors it would be awesome to allow you to buy extra (or the set, like in Space65). Rose Gold PVD, Champagne PBD, Brass PVD, Silver PVD, Black Nickel coated, etc. I know you likely won't have that many, but a few to pick from would be really cool!

Haha!
My plan was to give away those as raffle items, but we will see how this goes!
It's easier to do aluminum anodization for different colors than PVD colors I think.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

I love your approach to this GB, and I think the response from the community shows that we all appreciate your engagement and feel your enthusiasm coming through in these updates! I'm definitely in for one when the GB happens!

(On a side note, I'd love to design my dream board and do a GB someday, but I'm already having trouble balancing my academic research with building boards and staying up to date with news in the community, so much respect to you for finding the time for this project!)

Thanks! I feel you my friend.

I have been in this mechanical keyboard hobby since 2011, thought about designing my own keyboard for a long time, but was only able to start this after passing an important milestone of obtaining tenure last year :)

I would say overall mechanical keyboard definitely increased my research productivity as I love typing all day every day :)

Offline hhkbp2

毒德味

Offline Sic_Alpha

毒德味

Toxic Taste?  Is this the equivalent to "Sick!"

Offline Ruler

Shut up and take my money, laomao

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
毒德味

Toxic Taste?  Is this the equivalent to "Sick!"

Yes it means “dope; it has a German vintage feel”

Offline Bhk1004

Personally think it's just ridiculous.

And I feel like initial IC started last week and we already have prototypes popping out!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Personally think it's just ridiculous.

And I feel like initial IC started last week and we already have prototypes popping out!

I waited till a version I think it’s ready for prototyping to post the IC :)
But the you folks really shaped this project! I love it better than the original version.

Offline vicissitude

Love the rose gold color for olivia.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Love the rose gold color for olivia.

Yes, didn't realize it looks so good until I see the actual render. I will check with factory if they have rose gold options.

Offline urbantheii

Skeleton render = take my money

Offline Bhk1004

Question is who will sell skeletor to me....

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Skeleton render = take my money

Skeletor is one of my two favorite keysets (along with red samurai). Too bad there is no followup to the Skeletor project.
Actually, I have a plan to create a keycap set with Skeletor kind of colorway with novelties later this year:)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

See the reply I just sent in literally 5 seconds ago :))

Offline Bhk1004

See the reply I just sent in literally 5 seconds ago :))

But I want it now...

Offline jaredddm

• Instagram!
as someone putting money in for my first high-end board, I extremely appreciate oldcat's constant updating and being straight forward with this Interest Check! Thanks so much Oldcat and Potter for putting in so much dedication and passion into this group buy. Really hope it goes through without and hitches! Good luck! and thank you!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Hello all:

Please fill out the updated form below, in which you will see a few polls regarding layout, PCB color combo, and pricing, for those who already submitted a form, please kindly edit to update and fill out the PCB color combo poll:

« Last Edit: Sun, 10 March 2019, 21:22:00 by oldcat »

Offline Sic_Alpha

Hmm... having difficulty deciding on PCB colors without seeing example of what it'd look like in PC.

Offline nguyenhimself

Hello all:

Please fill out the updated form below, in which you will see a few polls regarding layout, PCB color combo, and pricing, for those who already submitted a form, please kindly edit to update and fill out the PCB color combo poll:

Oh, with the PC case and plate, I think a white PCB is a must.
So, white + yellow for me.
Is it gonna be something like this?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Hello all:

Oh, with the PC case and plate, I think a white PCB is a must.
So, white + yellow for me.
Is it gonna be something like this?

Show Image

I think it will be close, the traces here do not have additional color coating I believe.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Hmm... having difficulty deciding on PCB colors without seeing example of what it'd look like in PC.

I think lighter color may look better. But indeed we don't know until they are actually in there. Let me see if I can render the PCB in there.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Sharing some pictures and video about the prototype PCB.

Note that this is the prototype using the factory default colorway, we have a PCB colorway poll running now, please kindly fill it out.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KRWAYYYrB1h_g5ScqGBNsXAQZ2xYPu9bjIPLAIRx--4/

Not a valid vimeo URL
214885-0

214887-1

214889-2

214896-3

214898-4
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 March 2019, 10:30:29 by oldcat »

Offline Bhk1004

Looks ridiculous!

Offline eyedrop

I edit the form...I got overly excited that I read the title wrong.  I thought you're asking for PC color poll!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
The badge is easily replaceable. We might make some colored anodized aluminum badges as additional giveaway items.
In case you are curious about how it is fixated here are some pictures:

214892-0

Offline PotatoTM

I’d like to see a per-switch LED non-hotswap PCB if that’s possible, but I agree a lighter colour would look best with PC, so I went White+Yellow. Is 1 row of LEDs enough to have even underlighting? Maybe 2 rows so we can do a spiral effect? :p

Offline ninjacore

Edited form responses. Still no option for a pcb with split backspace AND badge?  :-(

Offline coffeeshopcoder

What’s the wire trace color ? Is it the color for the printed circuits ? The copper parts of the PCB ?

I voted for white + yellow but :

White + shiny COPPER would be great. Should that be white + clear ?
Black + clear/shiny copper would be good too.
White + Red might be good, I did not see this combination there .

Offline igke

Exciting to see the 3D printed prototype.
PCB looks very nice. Love the reversed hotswap socket for the stepslock. :thumb:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
What’s the wire trace color ? Is it the color for the printed circuits ? The copper parts of the PCB ?

I voted for white + yellow but :

White + Red might be good, I did not see this combination there .

Hey, yes it will be an additional color layer on the copper trace, and the printed letters, etc.

Oh yeah that sounds really nice. My initial vote was for black + white, but either of those two would be the best!

Offline ninjacore

Still no option for a pcb with split backspace AND badge?  :-(

@oldcat Any comment on this?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Still no option for a pcb with split backspace AND badge?  :-(

@oldcat Any comment on this?

If you look at the poll (view previous results), the percentage requesting compatibility layout is quite small, splitting that into two groups will increase the cost and honestly I don't know how many people will be interested... if enough people are interested we can consider adding the badge to the compatible layout design.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KRWAYYYrB1h_g5ScqGBNsXAQZ2xYPu9bjIPLAIRx--4/viewanalytics

Offline Sic_Alpha

I'm in it for the compatible.  My vote is to not take away switches for the badge on the compatible; I like it because it has more switches (and spit backspace of course ;-).  I'm considering getting another hot-swap version for the badge.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Offline Bhk1004

Ugh. Why does everyfricken set look sick on this board?!?!?!?

Offline Starius

Show Image

THINK frame in my study room

I thought this board might have been inspired by one of my favorite movies, for a moment. ;)

In all seriousness, this is why I try not to browse the IC threads too much... because then I stumble across projects like this and I get the urges.  You know the kind that I mean.... the kind that makes me spend the monies for the keyboards...

Great looking board though.  So much good 65% stuff lately.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 March 2019, 19:40:02 by Starius »