Author Topic: [IC] Siso keyset (on hold)  (Read 71896 times)

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
[IC] Siso keyset (on hold)
« on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 10:38:09 »
I have had this idea for a keyset in my head for some time. So I just had to get it out there to ask what people think and see if there could be some interest in such a set.

I was inspired by other sets, like the most obvious would be Soware http://keypuller.com/soware/, or Calm Depths http://keypuller.com/calm-depths/, and also the blue accents from the Dolch GMK https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0490/7329/products/Dolch_Addon.JPG?v=1417083743

The set would use Cherry style legends (sorry if my pictures doesn't use the right font or arrows)

I would love to have the set made with Cherry profile caps, but I'm not ready to run a GMK GB by myself.
The other problem with having it be GMK would be kits. I would like to make some additional kits for different/less common layouts.
SP is the best for the ease of creating a GB and adding additional kits, but I don't really want this set with DCS caps (and I don't think there are many fans of DCS anyway)

Some of the kits I would like to make for it would be one for the blue accents (the blue keys in the pictures would all be optional), a 40% kit, numpad, non standard bottom row, and maybe an international kit

So please let me know what you think

Update 2:

The profile of the keys will be Cherry, I hope to work with the manufacture to match the colors as close as we can.
The Windows logo will hopefully be the Windows version 1.0 logo, unless not at all possible, then I will use the Windows 8 logo.
Font will be Cherry

List of different kits:
- Base kit
- Color kit
- Non standard layout kit
The non standard kit will support HHKB, 40%, and I have plans to add G80-1800 support.

Please let me know if there's anything people really need or want to change.
I will post updated mocks whenever I can

Update 1:

Ok everyone I have made some new mockups. I personally really like the RGB mods, but I can understand that not everybody does, or will want them. So I have pulled them from the base set.
I've also added mockups for a number pad, ISO kit, Tsangan kit, 40% kit, RGB kit, and a kit with blue accents.
As of now the colors being use are those used by Signature Plastics with ABS plastic.
Dark grey = GSZ
Light grey = GTA
Blue = BBQ

As I said before I would really like this set to be produced in Cherry profile, but have no plans on running a GMK GB myself (but if someone wants to handle that part, let me know).
greath said that I should maybe ask Bunnylake to see if he could possibly be interested in running it in the future GB with his new keycap partner JTKeycaps. But before I do that I would like to have everything all set and ready.
If Cherry profile is not an option I'd still like to have the set made in SP DCS profile since it's the closest we would be able to get to Cherry. But I might also hold a poll for that, if we get there.

Latest Mockups:

Base set

Non Standard Layout kit (JD40, HHKB, 1800, 75%)

Color kit
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 December 2015, 16:28:49 by MAR82 »

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
Re: [IC] Siso keyset (Grey, grey, blue)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 10:40:48 »
I feel like it could work in the future, but Dolch is overdone IMO.

Offline Data

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 10:57:33 »
It is kinda like a blue Dolch or Midnight.  Also reminds me of Pulse.

It's not bad.  :)

Offline fliptrik

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 11:12:05 »
I'm definitely down with the blue accents. It does seem like a Pulse Dolch. I would be all over this.

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 11:18:15 »
Beautiful set. Please make it... next year. My wallet already needs CPR.  :))

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 12:45:32 »
I think the 3-way color scheme is a great idea, and of course the Dolch-like colors are really cool.  However, I think the RGB legends really clash with the rest of the set.

Offline TLExile

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 16:44:47 »
So what profile were you planning to make this in?

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 17:28:42 »
I feel like it could work in the future, but Dolch is overdone IMO.

Yeah there has been a lot of Dolch as of late, but I've had this in my head for too long and really wanted to share it

It is kinda like a blue Dolch or Midnight.  Also reminds me of Pulse.

It's not bad.  :)

I'm definitely down with the blue accents. It does seem like a Pulse Dolch. I would be all over this.

Thanks! :)
It's true it does have a Dolch Pulse thing going on

Beautiful set. Please make it... next year. My wallet already needs CPR.  :))

I have no idea when this would run (if it runs). But yeah with all the great sets going right now, I'm also a bit broke (or will be) :p

I think the 3-way color scheme is a great idea, and of course the Dolch-like colors are really cool.  However, I think the RGB legends really clash with the rest of the set.

I like it, but I can see how some people might not. As I said before I would love to have a few extra key kits, but with GMK that can be hard

So what profile were you planning to make this in?

I'm not sure yet. I know I don't want it in DSA or SA. I would love to have it done in Cherry profile but I'm not sure if that will be possible

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 22:32:33 »
Ohhhh this looks nice !!!

I like the 2nd kit I feel like the 1st one has too many colors.  I actually would prefer the 2nd kit to have regular colour Esc key too.  :P

Though regardless it still looks great.

So you don't want to go with SA eh?  Is it because too many SA kit lately?  Or don't like the retro look?

Have you ever consider SA with Filco double shot style arrangements, so it's almost all flat profile.

SA with 2-2-3-3-3-3.

Also refer to this for profile explanations:  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71484.0

Pictures:  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53800.0

It also sounds like this: 

Haha maybe I'm biased because I don't see many uniform SA or Filco SA arrangement around.

But either way good choice on the color !  :thumb:

EDIT:  Nevermind I see that the teal keys are side packs lol.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 May 2015, 21:03:02 by Hyde »

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline hairy9802

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 01:37:48 »
+1 for this..definitely getting it~~

Offline zabuza1997

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 04:27:57 »
Hot damn!!!Definitely in!!!!!!

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 07:33:39 »
I would love to see this be made for real. I don't have the funds for this anytime soon, but this is pretty nice. While I'm not the biggest fan of Dolch I respect this a whole lot. :thumb:

Offline Hyde

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 21:02:25 »
Honestly I think this is like taking the best attribute of all those keycap sets and combined into one lol.

Now the tricky part would be deciding on profile.

Maybe start a poll?
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 May 2015, 21:05:40 by Hyde »

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 22:41:48 »
i don't like the RGB.  looks awesome otherwise.  do people really like DCS a lot less than Cherry profile?

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 23:16:20 »
I like the RBG mods. It makes it different than past sets that share a lot of similarities to it.

Edit: the more I look at it the more I really don't like the RGB mods, especially the Green one.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 May 2015, 23:39:58 by livingspeedbump »
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 09:53:15 »
These are great. You would be a legend if you could get a full 87 key set priced at under $70.

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 10:17:39 »
Maybe send the set to Bunnylake. He might be interested in it for one of his future groupbuys.

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 13:33:43 »
Definitely digging this.  :thumb:
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline villainocity

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 14:40:14 »
This looks great. Would love an SA set like this, but cherry profile would be alright. 

Offline Dee1

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 15:48:13 »
I like this, but not the RGB mods. I think it would look good in cherry profile. :)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 16:04:10 »
Would it be possible to see a mockup without the RGB mods?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 16:32:21 »
Sorry everyone, thanks for the support.
I've been a little busy, but I plan on updating everything early next week (or sooner) with some new mockups and all  ;)
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 May 2015, 11:59:25 by MAR82 »

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 12:00:26 »
Or I'll just go ahead and update it now today! :p

Ok new mockups have been posted, hope you all like them  ;D

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 15:23:50 »
Watching this like a hawk, very interested.  :p
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline Dee1

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 15:31:30 »
The new mockups look pretty nice! :)

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 16:37:04 »
looking good!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 18:30:19 »
Looks good! I much prefer this set without the RGB.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Mikey Mo

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 20:28:18 »
buy buy buy

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 20:52:06 »
Looks like I forgot the arrows on the number pad, I'll have to fix that asap!  :rolleyes:

Offline Hyde

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 00:12:35 »
Ohhh nice update !  Though am I the only one that liked the RGB mod?  I thought it adds more color to this set.

And I guess DCS is probably the closest to Cherry profile.

Though I was hoping it can be SA but oh well.  :P

Offline Dee1

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 14:03:09 »
Ohhh nice update !  Though am I the only one that liked the RGB mod?  I thought it adds more color to this set.
Hmm... I think I'd like it more if the colors were more like this. Well, this is just my personal preference though. :)

« Last Edit: Sun, 10 May 2015, 14:05:36 by Dee1 »

Offline Hyde

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 20:48:24 »
^  Ahhhh good call !

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 04:01:42 »
Hmm... I think I'd like it more if the colors were more like this. Well, this is just my personal preference though. :)

Show Image

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not a huge fan of them. I feel that the normal RGB colors add some seriousness, however the colors you picked give it more of a playful side. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not what I was going for.
But if enough people really want them I will see about setting up a voting poll or something

100167-0

Also on a side note, I wanted to ask people what they thought of the old pre Windows 95 logo?
If possible I would like to have this used for the Win key. But seeing that I would like this set to be made in doubleshot, it would make this very hard to do (hard = expensive)

I have also fixed the arrows on the number pad  :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 May 2015, 04:21:37 by MAR82 »

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 16:33:42 »

Show Image

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not a huge fan of them. I feel that the normal RGB colors add some seriousness, however the colors you picked give it more of a playful side. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not what I was going for.
But if enough people really want them I will see about setting up a voting poll or something

(Attachment Link)

Also on a side note, I wanted to ask people what they thought of the old pre Windows 95 logo?
If possible I would like to have this used for the Win key. But seeing that I would like this set to be made in doubleshot, it would make this very hard to do (hard = expensive)
Show Image

I have also fixed the arrows on the number pad  :)
It would only cost 25$ to get the legend custom cut.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 20:33:41 »
Love the Set MAR!

Really like the Base Set with Blue accents and Im also leaning towards yes on RGB!
It definitely makes it more colorful tho, so while it somehow really adds to it, I can see how people might prefer the clean minimalistic version.

Would totally love to see BunnyLake & JT Keycaps kicking in on this!
Much classy Colors and well deserves to be done in GMK style quality imo! :thumb:

On a side Note (altho I understand you can cover only so many layout options) I would totally love to see hhkb style support as add on, so R1 |\, R2 Del/Bs , R3 Control as the basics and maybe also split Shift R and Fn.

Does 40% set cover split R shift? If yes it might make sense to combine hhkb with it. If not there is no split Shift R option except for RGB atm?

« Last Edit: Mon, 11 May 2015, 20:36:31 by FoC_Tow »

Offline Hyde

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 21:38:22 »
http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/Windows

Ohhhh apparently it's for Windows 1.0 and 2.0.

Looking good I like it !  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 May 2015, 22:00:36 by Hyde »

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 05:12:16 »
http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/Windows

Ohhhh apparently it's for Windows 1.0 and 2.0.

Looking good I like it !  :thumb:

Yep, your right :rolleyes: My bad, I said pre Win 95 but it was pre 3.1

Well I made a quick mockup to give people an idea of how it could look with this set.

Love the Set MAR!

Really like the Base Set with Blue accents and Im also leaning towards yes on RGB!
It definitely makes it more colorful tho, so while it somehow really adds to it, I can see how people might prefer the clean minimalistic version.

Would totally love to see BunnyLake & JT Keycaps kicking in on this!
Much classy Colors and well deserves to be done in GMK style quality imo! :thumb:

On a side Note (altho I understand you can cover only so many layout options) I would totally love to see hhkb style support as add on, so R1 |\, R2 Del/Bs , R3 Control as the basics and maybe also split Shift R and Fn.

Does 40% set cover split R shift? If yes it might make sense to combine hhkb with it. If not there is no split Shift R option except for RGB atm?

I like the idea of adding HHKB layout support, and I like the idea of adding it to the 40% even more. Seeing that they have some of the same keys (1.75u shift, 1u Fn, and 1u OS key) and that I'm not sure two separate sets would have enough reach MOQs

Please let me know if I have everything needed

I'm also thinking of combining the base, number pad, ISO, and Tsangan kits together. Because like that people will be helping eachother reach MOQs for some of the less demanded (yet important) kits.
Please let me know what you all think of it

Offline mecano

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 07:25:47 »
Hey Mar,
good to see your set taking shape!
I too find the RGB is what makes that set stand up.
The old windows logo is a nice idea too. But the rather modern menu key conflicts with it then.
(I didn't know Windows looked so much like Mac OS in it early stages, especially in the dialog boxes).
If using the old logo what about an old icon for the menu key as well? Like the MSDOS floppy or the Panel.exe one? My 25 cents :))

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 08:13:06 »
Hey Mar,
good to see your set taking shape!
I too find the RGB is what makes that set stand up.
The old windows logo is a nice idea too. But the rather modern menu key conflicts with it then.
(I didn't know Windows looked so much like Mac OS in it early stages, especially in the dialog boxes).
If using the old logo what about an old icon for the menu key as well? Like the MSDOS floppy or the Panel.exe one? My 25 cents :))

Yo Mecano, thanks for the support!
I'm glad to see that other people are liking my RGB mods. But I'm thinking that it might be best to offer them separately for people that don't care for them (or maybe offer the non RGB mods in their own kit  :p )
I guess I can see what you mean by the menu key. But my plan is/was to keep the legends as close to default Cherry legends as possible (but I'll keep an open mind if I can think of something better). I just would really love to see that old Windows logo on some keyset someday ;)

Offline Dee1

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 09:43:14 »
I really like that old windows logo, but I'm also a fan of the new one haha.

As far as the rgb mods, personally I'd be fine with either having them offered separately or having the non-rgb offered separately. :)

As far as the mod colors, my main concern with them was that the blue and the green lettering wouldn't stand out very much on the dark gray key (the blue especially).  But it could also look really good. It's one of those things that's hard for me to judge just from a mockup though. I guess I won't know until I can hold one in my hands and look at it.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 04:18:34 »
I really like that old windows logo, but I'm also a fan of the new one haha.

As far as the rgb mods, personally I'd be fine with either having them offered separately or having the non-rgb offered separately. :)

As far as the mod colors, my main concern with them was that the blue and the green lettering wouldn't stand out very much on the dark gray key (the blue especially).  But it could also look really good. It's one of those things that's hard for me to judge just from a mockup though. I guess I won't know until I can hold one in my hands and look at it.

I really have no idea what Windows key will be used yet, but as I said I would like to use the old one just because I've never seen a set with it.

For the RGB mods I get what you're saying about there not being enough contrast with the key and legend color. But with still sticking to the RGB colors (and still using SP's ABS colors) I guess I could switch from a VCS Green to a VCM, the BDH Blue to the BFP(, and I think the Red should be OK the way it is). They are both slightly lighter versions of the same color, so they should help provide better contrast for the legends. These types of things can be hard to judge until you have a key in hand
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 May 2015, 04:48:47 by MAR82 »

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 19:44:23 »
I like the idea of adding HHKB layout support, and I like the idea of adding it to the 40% even more. Seeing that they have some of the same keys (1.75u shift, 1u Fn, and 1u OS key) and that I'm not sure two separate sets would have enough reach MOQs

Please let me know if I have everything needed
Show Image

Looks awesome MAR! =)
Glad you like the idea of adding hhkb support to the 40% set and stoked you made the mockup that quick, so thx a lot man!  :thumb:

If one of the shifts in the 40% set is already 1.75u it definitely works quite nicely to combine them, and should also help to reach MOQ!
(other 40% keys like R1 1u del/backspace are actually a bonus as well for people that like to use backspace above del or the other was around)

The way you updated the 40% set looks pretty much perfect to me except I would prefer the R2 backspace to have symbol rather then text legends. (maybe similar to Hyperfuse R2 del)
I personally prefer using dropped backspace, but the default hhkb layout would be delete, so using a symbol legend kind makes it more neutral/universal for both option too!

Also really like the new win keys add to the set, but I can already see purists preferring the common one I guess.
The 'new' one definitely adds a certain touch to the set and has something modern even slightly futuristic to it that actually matches the style of the set very well imo!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 19:59:49 »
I've followed the thread and seen the windows logo stuff, as someone that uses PC at home and Windows/Ubuntu at work having a non-windows icon or option is always nice.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 20:25:32 »
I've always really enjoyed sets that swapped the Windows logo out for an indicator of the set itself (see Toxic, Miami, Raindrop, and many others). That said, a Windows logo will never stop me from purchasing a set, even though I've been using Linux in one flavour or another more than 90% of the time for the past year or so.

E: So long as there's an option to get this set without RGB mods, I'll be 100% in whenever it runs. I'll probably still pick up an RGB pack just to try if it's an option, so I sincerely hope it is.

If you'd like to try running this through GMK, you'd likely want to get a colour ring from them, to see how well the colours they have conform to your vision, and how well they work together. GMK buys tend not to be successful if they have a bunch of child packs, so the best thing to do that way would be to combine everything into one large pack, perhaps with a second colour pack (maybe the colour splash and RGB mods?). That way everyone subsidizes the ISO people, 40% people, 100% people, etc. when they buy the 60% or TKL base.

If you end up running it through PMK/SP, you have a bit more freedom as stuff will be a little less expensive. You'll probably still want to get a colour ring though, for similar reasons as above.

I'm not sure how JTK will work as we're still in the first buy from that group, probably your best bet there is to ask Bunny. Just know that JTK is probably booked for a little while, as Bunny has another 2 or 3 sets he wants to run through them, and there will be fierce competition for the next sets after that as well.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 May 2015, 20:39:32 by user 18 »

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 08:01:09 »
The way you updated the 40% set looks pretty much perfect to me except I would prefer the R2 backspace to have symbol rather then text legends. (maybe similar to Hyperfuse R2 del)
I personally prefer using dropped backspace, but the default hhkb layout would be delete, so using a symbol legend kind makes it more neutral/universal for both option too!

Also really like the new win keys add to the set, but I can already see purists preferring the common one I guess.
The 'new' one definitely adds a certain touch to the set and has something modern even slightly futuristic to it that actually matches the style of the set very well imo!

I'm glad you like it! :)
Yeah I think I could use the same symbol as the one used in the Hyperfuse set. I'll have to work on it this weekend

For the Windows key; the purists should keep their mouths shut, seeing that this is the most purest Win logo they could get. Windows version 1.0!
That said, I would only use it if the set was produced by SP or JTK. Otherwise I would stick to the Windows 8 logo.

I've followed the thread and seen the windows logo stuff, as someone that uses PC at home and Windows/Ubuntu at work having a non-windows icon or option is always nice.

As I was just telling FoC_Tow the “custom” OS key would only be used if the set is being produced by SP or JTK. If that's that case I guess an optional OS key could be made for non Windows users.

I've always really enjoyed sets that swapped the Windows logo out for an indicator of the set itself (see Toxic, Miami, Raindrop, and many others). That said, a Windows logo will never stop me from purchasing a set, even though I've been using Linux in one flavour or another more than 90% of the time for the past year or so.

E: So long as there's an option to get this set without RGB mods, I'll be 100% in whenever it runs. I'll probably still pick up an RGB pack just to try if it's an option, so I sincerely hope it is.

If you'd like to try running this through GMK, you'd likely want to get a colour ring from them, to see how well the colours they have conform to your vision, and how well they work together. GMK buys tend not to be successful if they have a bunch of child packs, so the best thing to do that way would be to combine everything into one large pack, perhaps with a second colour pack (maybe the colour splash and RGB mods?). That way everyone subsidizes the ISO people, 40% people, 100% people, etc. when they buy the 60% or TKL base.

If you end up running it through PMK/SP, you have a bit more freedom as stuff will be a little less expensive. You'll probably still want to get a colour ring though, for similar reasons as above.

I'm not sure how JTK will work as we're still in the first buy from that group, probably your best bet there is to ask Bunny. Just know that JTK is probably booked for a little while, as Bunny has another 2 or 3 sets he wants to run through them, and there will be fierce competition for the next sets after that as well.

As I was saying already the non standard Windows keys are only if the set is made by SP or JTK. The thing that inspired me to make this set would look really stupid on the OS key, so I don't really have anything else to use yet (but I'll keep thinking).

If it's possible to have this set made by GMK I'll plan on getting a color ring, but I think for a bit extra they can do some custom colors too. If it's made by SP I really hope that the colors on http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/ marked as “Signature Plastic ABS” are correct because that's what I've been basing everything off of so far (but to be on the safe said I should also get a color ring). And I have no idea what color options JTK will offer yet.

After talking to livingspeedbump a bit about all the wok he's put into his Jukebox set. I think I'll be doing what you have also suggested. I'll be putting the Base set, number pad, ISO, and Tsangan (7u spacebar) kit into one big base set. Then have the RGB and Blue kits put together as the Color kit. And then have the 40%, HHKB, and any other nonstandard kits put together. Like this I will be able to have only 3 deals and will have a better chance a reaching MOQs

I'll have to send Bunny a message as soon as I can (hopefully today if I find the time to do it) before the next year of JTK is already planned out ;)

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 09:02:05 »
That classic windows key is awesome looking and I would love to see it transferred over to this set especially consider it's something fresh and at this point unique to these custom key sets. Either way it's a great looking set.

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 16:30:12 »
tooling probably doesn't exist to doubleshot the old win logo, meaning that would up the cost of this group buy.  however, once the tooling is done once, it would be available at no cost for future group buys!  that was one of the principles behind the SP cherry legend group buy.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 16:42:19 »
tooling probably doesn't exist to doubleshot the old win logo, meaning that would up the cost of this group buy.  however, once the tooling is done once, it would be available at no cost for future group buys!  that was one of the principles behind the SP cherry legend group buy.
it costs 25$

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 16:43:45 »
oh wow that's all?  definitely for for it then!

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 09:16:15 »
OMG WHO GIVES A **** WHAT WINDOWS LOGO IT HAS JUST END THE FIGHTING AND REPLACE THE WINDOWS LOGO WITH A ****BUTT