Author Topic: Springs replacements for ZealPC switches  (Read 5134 times)

Offline killyou

Springs replacements for ZealPC switches
« on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 15:29:47 »
Hello. I recently acquired a set of Tealios switches and they are great for typing but when I'm playing games I feel like the springs could've been a little bit lighter. Could someone point me to springs that would be worthy replacement of the gold plated Tealios/Zealios springs please? Do they have to be SPRiT springs or the ones at ebay and aliexpress are just as fine? Can also someone recommend weighting between MX Red and Tealios? Thank you very much in advance!

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
Re: Springs replacements for ZealPC switches
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 12:01:58 »
Do you know which tealios you have? Are they a lighter or dark purple? If you enjoy the feel the weight of mx reds, i would suggest SPRiT 62g.

Offline killyou

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 07:03:27 »
Tealios are linear and they come in only one weight - 67g. I've read somewhere that MX RED bottoms out at 55-60g, so SPRiT 62g would be a tad harder spring sitting in between MX Red and 67g Tealio right? I think I'll go for it. Now I have to determine what kind of springs are in MX Blue and order a set of SPRiT for it as well.

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 07:17:10 »
In my opinion, it depends on what kind of keycaps you're using.
I like using 62g for linears with cherry profile keycaps, and 63.5g or 65g for linears with SA caps.

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 19:20:16 »
Oops I read that as zealios instead of tealios.
You can buy lighter SPRiT springs on ebay from SPRiT

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPRiT-Cherry-Kailh-ALPS-Keyboard-Springs-1-Tolerance-non-Vintage-2x100pcs/223111637686

Or the vintage version:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPRiT-1-Tolerance-Gold-Springs-Cherry-Kailh-Alps-Vintage-Keyboard-2x100pcs/223109754707

I bought springs from this seller multiple times.