Author Topic: Case Swap for Topre RGB?  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Lyd

Case Swap for Topre RGB?
« on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 21:56:26 »
Does anyone know if the topre RGB boards, fullsize and RGB, can be swapped into another case?
I'm a big fan of the RGB board, but I really don't like how the case looks and flexes.  I was hoping that if it had standardized mounts, I could simply pick up a used topre board, and swap it in for cheap.

Thank you if anyone has some input on this.

Offline zslane

Re: Case Swap for Topre RGB?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 11:49:44 »
I don't believe there is any other case that will fit the Realforce RGB. The Realforce R2 case will fit, but that is because it is the same case.

Offline Lyd

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 03:35:33 »
I don't believe there is any other case that will fit the Realforce RGB. The Realforce R2 case will fit, but that is because it is the same case.

I don't believe that the normal non RGB R2 uses the same case.

Offline typo

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 04:28:40 »
I had a custom case made out of anodized Titanium. This fab shop does not like to do one off's at all. they charged me a fortune for it. I said before I do not have pics because it is stuck in the tray and i am afraid to scratch it forcefully removing it. figure the same as the OEM case just Blue anodized Titanium. Plus I got a blue shoe lace cord on it. I used 3 GMK sets to make what i wanted. I prefer the light shines under and not through. So this board really did cost a fortune. It is by far my most expensive board and has been my daily driver for a couple of years already. Well, since it is stuck not putting any other board on desk anyways. the stock case is actually worse than the 104UB I have. which is not good to begin with. Otherwise I feel it is an outstanding board. to me it looks and feels like the 104UB. Many other folks disagree on this. Mine has the "Thwack". It may be amplified by the metal case though. Find a small CNC metal fab shop to do it but probably going to cost you a fortune too. there is no off the shelf case AFAIK.