Author Topic: [WTS] 9 IBM Model M Keyboards for parts, IBM Industrial SSK  (Read 15363 times)

Offline Ellipse

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Brand New Model F Keyboards
[WTS] 9 IBM Model M Keyboards for parts, IBM Industrial SSK
« on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 16:53:44 »
I acquired 5 Model M 101 key keyboards as a number of the pre-orders for my brand new Model F F77 Industrial and F62 Kishsaver keyboards requested original IBM keys.

Now I am selling what's left - everything but the keys and stabilizer inserts. Two 101-key 1391401 keyboards remain, and 7 122-key Model M's remain (3 of the first generation case design and 4 of the more compact later generation case design).  The keys and stabilizer inserts are not included. I have some extra cables available for extra but they are not included.

Total asking price is $15 each plus shipping. They are sold untested, for parts but likely work. They could use a cleaning. Outside the US shipping is fine with me.  Cables are $10 extra for each 101-key keyboard you order, and no extra charge for the M122 cables which are included (you'll need to convert the keyboards before they work on a modern computer).

One of the keyboards actually uses the inner assembly frame mold intended for a trackpoint, as shown in the photos.

Makes a great for bolt modding or for keeping some spare parts like controllers, springs, flippers, and cases.

116695-0
116697-1

One sold, one is still available!  The bolt modded Industrial SSK has sold - the non-bolt modded Industrial SSK is still available at a ~$150 discount to the one that sold.

***Two IBM Industrial SSKs, factory customized and in great shape. 

One has been bolt modded and has over 1,400 views on eBay so far! Asking $1,000 plus shipping off eBay for this one.  It does not have the deep scratches on the sides and bottom like most of these do.  It's one of the best condition Industrial SSK's I've seen.  Fully disassembled and cleaned.

The other one has not been bolt modded - asking $900 plus shipping.

A non-custom built Industrial SSK last sold for $821 on eBay and it was not cleaned.  I am asking for around an $80 premium to that for my factory-customized Industrial SSK with original blue keys (the one that hasn't been bolt modded).  It is in pretty good cosmetic and mechanical condition and I have cleaned individually all the key caps/stems and the barrel frame top with the "chimneys."  Thoroughly cleaned inside and out but still shows dirt and scuffs/scratches from usage in an industrial environment.

As you know this is one of the rarest IBM keyboards due to the significant expense and relatively limited production run of the original IBM Industrial PC's compared to other IBM PC's. Not only is this an Industrial SSK but it is one of the only IBM factory-customized Industrial keyboards with unique key caps most likely geared towards a particular piece of software.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 January 2016, 14:14:08 by Ellipse »

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
Re: [WTS] Industrial SSK, USB converted F107 Keyboards, xwhatsit controllers
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 08:27:19 »
Will take two of the xwhatsit controllers :)
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 31 December 2014, 21:24:31 »
Great!

Now about 8 discounted controllers are left...

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 20:33:07 »
The few remaining Model F USB controllers are now opened up to the eBay community.  If you're thinking of one and want to pay the lowest price for it I suggest ordering one!  I have no plans to order any more of these given the very high minimum order quantity to get them at a reasonable price.  PM me if interested.

The Industrial SSK and a few F107s are also still available.

Offline Ellipse

Re: [WTS] IBM Industrial SSK Model M, USB converted F107 Keyboards, xwhatsit
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 11:46:40 »
Update:  I have just a handful of xwhatsit Model F USB  controllers left at $30 plus shipping.   You can also get these at $45 plus around $11 shipping from xwhatsit himself!

Almost all of the F107s have sold out at my full asking price.   Just 4 are left, plus 3 without keys available for $10 less (great if you want to borrow keys from a spare Model M). The other two main sellers on GH and DT sold out of all their INVENTORY to my knowledge.

Finally the Industrial SSK is still available at $900 off eBay since there are no eBay fees. I sold one in similar condition for $1,175 on eBay last year.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 10:43:14 »
3 xwhatsit controllers left!

Sorry the pictured Industrial SSK has sold and is no longer available. It went to one of the more senior members here.

Still 4 F107s with keys left,  plus 3 without keys.

Soon I will list my F77, full size industrial ($270), F50 ($200), and ansi modified PC AT keyboard with Soarer's converter.

I will now consider best offers in the $600 to $800 range for the other two factory customized industrial SSK units with defective top covers that work only if you remove the rightmost four keys or maybe trim the right side of those 4 keycaps. PM me for more details.

If you are still in the market for an Industrial SSK I strongly suggest bidding on the following auction (not affiliated with seller) .   It will sell for a lot less because the original auction photos were altered with instagram style photo filters that altered the colors,  so many who are looking to get one may not spot it.  He has since uploaded a normal color photo.   This unit is the same part number as the NIB one that sold for $1999 last year.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-M-Space-Saving-Keyboard-SSK-ID5000133-41G3613-/261742103850
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 January 2015, 10:46:40 by Ellipse »

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 09:54:01 »
Update-just 2 USB converted F107s left with keys (plus 3 USB converted F107s where you need to provide your own Model M or Model F keys.

Still have some xwhatsit Model F USB controllers left.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 11:45:12 »
Update: Some of you asked about trades. I'm willing to accept a trade for an F62 as part of payment for the F77,  industrial SSK,  or F104 Space Unsaver.

For the PC AT and F107s, I'm willing to accept a trade for an F62 + something to make it an equal value trade, given that the F62 is worth more :) The F62 would need to have the unaltered, original powder-coated paint though.

Offline Ellipse

Updated - price drop and updated the Industrial SSK photos for the one currently up for sale (same as the one on eBay).

Offline Ellipse

Only one F107 left - speak now if you want one!

Offline Ellipse

The F107s have all sold! 

I have two Industrial SSK's available now.

Offline Ellipse

Offline Ellipse

Offline Ellipse

SOLD! The bolt modded Industrial SSK has sold for my eBay asking price to a collector in Asia.

If you're interested, I have one more non-bolt modded Industrial SSK up for sale - the price is now ~$150 less than what this one sold for.

Offline Ellipse

Bump!  The non-bolt modded Industrial Space Saving Keyboard is still available!

Offline Ellipse

Offline Ellipse

Bump!

Offline Ellipse

Re: [WTS] 5 IBM Model M Keyboards for parts, IBM Industrial SSK
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 14:55:45 »
I acquired 5 Model M 101 key keyboards as a number of the pre-orders for my brand new Model F F77 Industrial and F62 Kishsaver keyboards requested original IBM keys.

Now I am selling what's left - everything but the keys and stabilizer inserts. The keys and stabilizer inserts are not included. I have some extra cables available for extra but they are not included.

Total asking price is $100 for the lot plus shipping, or more individually if you want only one. They are sold untested, for parts but likely work. They could use a cleaning. Outside the US shipping is fine with me.

One of the keyboards actually uses the inner assembly frame mold intended for a trackpoint, as shown in the photos.

Makes a great for bolt modding or for keeping some spare parts like controllers, springs, flippers, and cases.
116699-0
116701-1

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 20:50:44 »
Do you think a set of keys and a cable will bring each of these back to life?

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:51:05 »
Yes I think so, though these are sold as untested, as is.  I have some extra SDL cables available at extra cost that would work with these keyboards.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 22:05:19 »
Yes I think so, though these are sold as untested, as is.  I have some extra SDL cables available at extra cost that would work with these keyboards.
How many do you have?  And how many cables?  I may just get the whole lot.  Each of these have the springs/flippers/boards/plates/controllers/etc., right?  Were they working or untested when you originally bought them?

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 22:56:18 »
Just the 5 in the photos.  I have 5 cables as well.  They were untested but I have bought good 1391401 keyboards from them before.  Yes they have all their parts as pictured except keys and stabilizer inserts.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 23:27:22 »
Just the 5 in the photos.  I have 5 cables as well.  They were untested but I have bought good 1391401 keyboards from them before.  Yes they have all their parts as pictured except keys and stabilizer inserts.
Thank you.  How are their plates and rivets?  Anything fall out (if you took them apart)?  Any cracked barrels?

My thought is to put on the two sets of large print caps I got from Unicomp to make two large font, easily readable Ms for my parents.  I was originally just going to swap the caps onto some of my existing boards, but I would then have all the stems left over plus the original caps (and I like to keep everything where it originally was).  I think your boards might be a perfect candidate for the stems+caps since that's all they seem to be missing.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 23:29:14 »
Also, how many inserts are missing per board?  I'd have to order these from Unicomp as well to complete the project.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 06:32:47 »
You will need 4 horizontal and 2 vertical inserts I think for a 101 key M.  I have not opened them up but I did not notice cracks or rattling of any loose rivets inside.   they definitely need a cleaning. 

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 18:26:12 »
You will need 4 horizontal and 2 vertical inserts I think for a 101 key M.  I have not opened them up but I did not notice cracks or rattling of any loose rivets inside.   they definitely need a cleaning. 
Yeah, they do look like they need a cleaning, but they would be right at home with my Ms which I've been using now for 10yrs+, but have never been cleaned since I picked them up from a box of keyboards for 50 cents each.

6 inserts * $1.50 = $9 each board.  How much additional for each sdl cable?

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 12:18:40 »
Also, how many inserts are missing per board?  I'd have to order these from Unicomp as well to complete the project.

You need 5 horizontal (white) and two vertical (black) for a 101.
Left Shift / Right Shift / Enter / Backspace / 0 (Numpad)
Enter (Numpad) / Plus (Numpad)

Edit: I did get 3 of them from Ellipse.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 January 2016, 12:30:59 by Snowdog993 »

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 13:05:16 »

Thank you!  Let me know how yours work.  I only need two so the two he has left may be exactly what I need if they work out of the box once the inserts are put in.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 13:16:04 »

Thank you!  Let me know how yours work.  I only need two so the two he has left may be exactly what I need if they work out of the box once the inserts are put in.

I just wanted to correct that for the stabilizer inserts, so you won't have to re-order.  I'm next to 100% confident they will work just fine.  I'll let you know anyway.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 14:07:59 »

I just wanted to correct that for the stabilizer inserts, so you won't have to re-order.  I'm next to 100% confident they will work just fine.  I'll let you know anyway.
Thank you so much!  I definitely don't need any extra parts.  I'm pretty confident they will too.  What do you plan to do with them?  Refurb back to working?  Or something else?

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 23:41:14 »
What do you plan to do with them?  Refurb back to working?  Or something else?

All three will be put to good use.  No worries.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [WTS] 2 IBM Model M Keyboards for parts, IBM Industrial SSK
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 11:21:33 »

Will we get to see pics?  If you're making some lovely creations like that painted one in the other thread, please share!  That thing looked awesome.  :cool:

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
Re: [WTS] 2 IBM Model M Keyboards for parts, IBM Industrial SSK
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 14:04:26 »

Will we get to see pics?  If you're making some lovely creations like that painted one in the other thread, please share!  That thing looked awesome.  :cool:

Okay.  One done.  Two to go.  This is the IBM at the bottom of his page.  It's working just fine.  Just had to clean it up a bit.  I still need to clean up the clamshell, but I am using it right now.
I put the APL keys on this one.

Nice little story about the APL keyset right here:

http://imgur.com/a/bBFuv

Edit:  I cleaned it up better inside and out now.  That was fun. 

« Last Edit: Sun, 10 January 2016, 18:02:15 by Snowdog993 »

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [WTS] 9 IBM Model M Keyboards for parts, IBM Industrial SSK
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 16:55:36 »
That cleaned up nicely!

Any pics of the 122s?

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 20:27:20 »
Bump - I still have the M122s and some M101's remaining if anyone's interested.  I will drop the price from $15 to $10 each plus shipping.  Keys and stabilizer inserts are not included.  The detachable cables of the M101's are extra.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 20:35:10 »
Bump - I still have the M122s and some M101's remaining if anyone's interested.  I will drop the price from $15 to $10 each plus shipping.  Keys and stabilizer inserts are not included.  The detachable cables of the M101's are extra.

Can you post pictures of remaining Model M 101 Key that you have?
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline harlw

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 15:46:18 »
Interested in a couple of the remaining Ms - I have parts and need parts so it should work out well for my needs.
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 17:31:19 »
I'm out of the 101's but still have 7 of the 122s left - 3 of the older larger case design and 4 with the less wide case design.