Author Topic: [GB] GRAY COD67 60%Custom Keyboard【GB sold out】  (Read 58369 times)

Offline LevelSteam

Re: [GB] GRAY COD67 60%Custom Keyboard【GB sold out】
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 03:32:43 »
Anyone else think the MAO is more of a gray than white? Mine seems pretty dark

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 03:34:16 »
That's MAO, marketed as white but really it's light grey.

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 03:43:26 »

Ah ok, I'll keep that in mind going forward. Still looks nice though.

Offline zF_ScrambledEggz

• zFrontier
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 03:58:30 »
Just a little update regarding the shipping process and after-sales:

Units with Rose Gold components are delayed since those parts are from a different factory and they take extra time.

If you have any issue regarding the unit(s) you received, contact me directly thru email: alex.lin@zfrontier.com, dont for get to attach pictures and your order number.

Offline hellianne

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 07:50:02 »

Do you have a pic? Mine is rose gold top MAO bottom, if it looks gray that'll totally ruin it.

Offline hellianne

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 07:51:07 »

Units with Rose Gold components are delayed since those parts are from a different factory and they take extra time.

If you have any issue regarding the unit(s) you received, contact me directly thru email: alex.lin@zfrontier.com, dont for get to attach pictures and your order number.

Is there an estimated shipping date for those?

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 07:52:52 »

Do you have a pic? Mine is rose gold top MAO bottom, if it looks gray that'll totally ruin it.
It's a very light grey, white under certain light

« Last Edit: Mon, 04 June 2018, 07:54:55 by Peppermint216 »

Offline hellianne

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 08:53:32 »

It's a very light grey, white under certain light
Show Image

Thanks!

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #158 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 17:11:00 »

Emailed you on the 2nd and 4th of June, #ZFI28174005

Offline zF_ScrambledEggz

• zFrontier
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 07:43:05 »
Hey guys,

Sorry if I am not able to reply all the emails regarding the aftersale issues :( currently on a business trip and didnt have much time to reply all the emails one by one.

Please do attach your order number, your issue and PICTURES! Otherwise its hard for me to tell what exactly the issues is and how big/bad it is. Please do understand

However, I have compile a list for all the aftersale problems and will have them all forward to airpotter once I get back from the trip.

Offline zF_ScrambledEggz

• zFrontier
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 07:43:41 »
and,

Rose Gold units are on the way to our facility, shipping begins next week

Offline JoeriW

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 10:11:37 »
Finished the build, here's a little album/build log.
https://imgur.com/a/GyddiqU

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 17:35:33 »
Kind of a happy little accident but the MAO actually matches the light gray of Hyperfuse really well. Ended up swapping out my GMK Oblivion caps for that instead.

197508-0
197510-1

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #163 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 22:48:22 »
I received my COD67 yesterday. The packaging was incredible; the best I've ever seen for a keyboard. I'll have some pictures up when I can. Thanks ZFrontier and Team Gray for running a smooth GB.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 June 2018, 22:58:36 by vtachkov »

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #164 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 23:17:50 »
Still waiting for shipping notification for mine. I had purple top, black bottom, normal purple weight and a gold customized weight, alu and brass plates and custom nameplate. Have all the custom boards with out rose gold done?

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 22:55:31 »
Cod67 with GMK Dark Cyan (Cyan mods, ocean dolch alphas, kekkon arrow cluster), with the R1 sample titanium gray top as shown in the promotional pictures here on GH and on ZFrontier. This top case was the result of an anodizing error at the factory, and comes with a slight blue/green tint. I jokingly asked if I could purchase the sample case top. The team at ZFrontier responded by offering to gift it to me, for the cost of shipping. I wanted to thank the team for running a smooth GB.

Album with some glamour shots: https://imgur.com/a/l4fw3ME

Note: The nameplate insert doesn't fit the R2 nameplates. Taking suggestions for what to do with it. I could leave it untouched, fill it with plasti dip, tape a piece of paper to it with Cod67 inscribed?

Offline hellianne

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 10:50:05 »
Just got my shipping notification, should be here Wednesday! I know a while back someone mentioned we might be able to buy extra PCBs, is that an option? Since it's so custom I'd love to have a backup.

Offline ristrettoboy

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 16 June 2018, 21:41:27 »
Any chance we can get proper TMK support?

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #168 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 03:06:08 »
Any chance we can get proper TMK support?

I would love proper TMK/QMK support for this one.

Also is there any where to pick up a spare PCB or two?

Offline xoppel

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 16:07:01 »

Agreed, preferably with QMK!  I'm finding the online programming software to be buggy and not entirely translated.

In addition to PCBs, any way to snag extra top/bottom/weight colors?  Light green turned out to be much further into the yellow spectrum than anticipated.

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 16:19:28 »

Agreed, preferably with QMK!  I'm finding the online programming software to be buggy and not entirely translated.

In addition to PCBs, any way to snag extra top/bottom/weight colors?  Light green turned out to be much further into the yellow spectrum than anticipated.

QMK would be awesome but I would settle for either! I have found the web tool to be somewhat buggy and can be difficult to understand. If we could have one of these firmwares I think this would complete this awesome keyboard

I would love to grab some extra parts (weights/top/bottom and PCBs) if at all available

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 19:41:03 »
I'd also like another PCB since I love this board and plan on keeping it for the long haul. Any chance on a second run of conponents? It seems like quite a few people would be interested.

Offline bball2

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 00:02:51 »
Wondering if anyone can help me troubleshoot this issue or maybe I just get a faulty PCB? I did the a PCB check before soldering (using tweezers on every key) and aqua's key test app to make sure there was an indication and everything came up fine except the spacebar.

Whatever, I thought I could fix that programming but didn't work. I did a quick reconnection from the spacebar switch to the right alt switch and programming the right alt to spacebar - and that seemed to be an okay work around, I hardly ever use right alt. (Ie) pressing the spacebar down triggers the right alt which has been reprogrammed as spacebar).

The main issue is with the keys for 5 T G B and 9 O L .

Every time one of those keys are pressed it registers both. Ie) pressing 5 will come out as 59, pressing T will come out as TO, pressing G will come out as GL, pressing B will come out as B.

I desoldered and resoldered all those switches but still running into the same issue. See pic (note: this was before I desoldered and resoldered, I did a neater job on those keys the second time around).

Here's a pic of the bottom of the PCB:

Edit: got it fixed!  Looks like I only needed a jumper from the top of the right alt to the top of the spacebar switch. Everything seems to be working great now  :thumb: Would still be interested in a spare PCB if any extras are available in the future though.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 June 2018, 18:54:05 by bball2 »

Offline 69420swag

« Reply #173 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 17:33:46 »
any updates on replacement parts?

Offline Esos

« Reply #174 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 04:20:48 »
Hey guys, have a problem. After I put on all the stabilizers and I put the aluminum plate on, the wire won't move since the plate doesn't let the wire move. Please help!!

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 08:26:39 »
Hey guys, have a problem. After I put on all the stabilizers and I put the aluminum plate on, the wire won't move since the plate doesn't let the wire move. Please help!!

Maybe you placed the stabs in the wrong direction? Post some pics? owo
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 June 2018, 08:28:32 by Aerizu »

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 10:47:53 »
PCB stabs won't mount in the opposite direction will they? I know my screw in Zeals won't at least.

But yeah, pictures would be helpful. Both top down and in profile to see the stab between the plate and the PCB.

Offline Esos

« Reply #177 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 20:55:24 »
Sorry guys, figured it out. I was pretty stupid and put the stabilizer the wrong way.

Offline hellianne

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 10:45:23 »
Also interested in hearing if there's any news about replacement parts - rose gold looks gorgeous but I got the wrong PCB! I would also not advertise the MAO as white..it's definitely silver, but I don't mind much.

198726-0

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 13:26:47 »
That looks like you got a silver bottom and not an MAO one hellianne. The MAO pieces are a little darker than white but that just looks like anodized aluminum.

Offline hellianne

« Reply #180 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 13:31:22 »
That looks like you got a silver bottom and not an MAO one hellianne. The MAO pieces are a little darker than white but that just looks like anodized aluminum.

Aha, I thought from everyone else's photos they just had some good light. I'll email about it. Thank you!

Offline bball2

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 14:34:52 »
Also interested in hearing if there's any news about replacement parts - rose gold looks gorgeous but I got the wrong PCB! I would also not advertise the MAO as white..it's definitely silver, but I don't mind much.

(Attachment Link)

Did you get the PCB with the 2U left shift? If so, I'd definitely be interested in buying it off of you!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #182 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 16:31:14 »
will another Gray COD67 GB be offered?

Offline bball2

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 06:07:09 »
Finally got around to taking some pics of my completed build!

https://i.imgur.com/fdP67vq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7JPGzBg.jpg

Offline xoppel

« Reply #184 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 07:46:55 »
Any updates on spare parts?

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 13:47:28 »
Curious about that myself. I'd still like a spare PCB.

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 13:55:04 »
I'm still looking for the spare parts as well! Would love to pick up a PCB or two!

Offline bball2

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 14:20:53 »
+1 for a spare PCB

Offline ristrettoboy

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 08:03:44 »
Looks like there are issues with getting replacement PBCs. The PCB I received didn't match the plate layout, and the PCB was defective. Hoping the thread starter will comment to say how they are working with ZFrontier to fix things...

It is a real shame as the case is gorgeous, but useless without a PCB.

Offline NekoTaks

« Reply #189 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 02:23:19 »
I see some posts asking about getting spare parts for this keyboard, and I'm also wondering about getting replacement/spare parts as well. I'm just waiting to see if I can get a 2.25u plate and pcb to use in place of the 2u ones I originally thought I was set on using.

I'm rather patient though, so I'm willing to wait to get spare parts for this keyboard. It's such a beautiful case for a keyboard too, and the underglow adds a certain flair to the case.

Offline zF_ScrambledEggz

• zFrontier
« Reply #190 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 04:50:24 »
Hi people,

Sorry for the long wait regarding the aftersales problem.

The past weeks I've been dealing and fulfilling multiple group buys and thus the COD67 was delayed.

Mr. Airpotter himself has been actively dealing with aftersales problems for the Chinese buys in the past month, and since making amazing custom keyboards is not his MAIN JOB in real life, he has put more time in his own business and work.

But, rest assure that we will deal with all the issues.

Best,
Alex

Offline NekoTaks

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 01:47:34 »
I kept forgetting to post up about it until now, but does anyone in here have a sky blue weight they're willing to trade for my ocean blue one?

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #192 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 00:21:10 »
Hi guys,

those who brought the Gray COD67, are you happy with it?

If there will be a secound GB I would be in

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #193 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 08:01:20 »
This was the 2nd GB. You'd need to hope for a 3rd. :)

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #194 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 11:18:29 »
Hi guys,

those who brought the Gray COD67, are you happy with it?

If there will be a secound GB I would be in

I'm very happy with mine. It's a lovely little board, I just wish I would have ordered some spare parts for multiple configs.

Offline NekoTaks

« Reply #195 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 20:59:47 »
Even though I haven't gotten to properly use mine yet, I honestly like the fit and finish of mine. I tried it with my ZealPC Zilents clipped into the plate with some temporary DSA caps stuck onto it, and it honestly sounds really nice too.

My only complaint is getting the wrong blue weight (anyone wanna trade a sky blue weight for my ocean blue one yet?), but it's really a nice case and board.

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #196 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 21:25:44 »
Even though I haven't gotten to properly use mine yet, I honestly like the fit and finish of mine. I tried it with my ZealPC Zilents clipped into the plate with some temporary DSA caps stuck onto it, and it honestly sounds really nice too.

My only complaint is getting the wrong blue weight (anyone wanna trade a sky blue weight for my ocean blue one yet?), but it's really a nice case and board.

We may have had our weights swapped. I ordered an ocean blue weight but received a sky blue one. Unfortunately mine has a custom engraving.

Offline NekoTaks

« Reply #197 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 00:42:01 »
We may have had our weights swapped. I ordered an ocean blue weight but received a sky blue one. Unfortunately mine has a custom engraving.

I recall asking Alex about my weight color being ocean blue instead of the sky blue I specified in my order and if I remember the message correctly, the blue orders got flip-flopped in the production process.

Maybe it could be another thing that can be ordered during this aftersales service as well? Assuming we're willing to add another degree of customization to these already custom keyboards anyways.

On that same note though, having the ocean blue weight opened me up to other options for keycap colors, so it's not a total flop for this build anyways, lol. And if I really don't feel satisfied with the ocean blue, I can always have my auto collision repair friend repaint the weight for me with another color of my choice as well, so I'm not limiting my options to just trying to live with the color I got.

After all, that's the beauty of customization and it's why we've all chosen to get into building custom keyboards, right?  :D

Offline ristrettoboy

« Reply #198 on: Sat, 13 October 2018, 22:09:07 »
Anyone managed to program the board from MacOS? It appears as mass storage and copying over the new .bin file just bricked the keyboard :-/

Offline Sleepy_Badger

« Reply #199 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 22:15:54 »
will this be available again?