Author Topic: PBT Dark second wave (production)  (Read 924562 times)

Offline lasttycoon

• Ergonomic Wizard
Re: PBT Dark second wave (orders open/invoicing)
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 21:26:28 »
Really hoping there's enough interest for an extras set (extra 2.25x shift, different mode, etc.) in the future. From reading through all the pages in this thread I know I'm not the only one out there that is looking for some extra keys to complete their keyboard set (FC660).
Is it just the shift that is different on the Leopolds? What else is non standard on it?
Kinesis Advantage | Ergodox EZ Browns | RK RC930 | DS 3 Blues

Offline havenlau

« Reply #201 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 22:06:18 »

What keys are the 1x keys in R4? thx

Offline jvarg

« Reply #202 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 22:16:55 »
Really hoping there's enough interest for an extras set (extra 2.25x shift, different mode, etc.) in the future. From reading through all the pages in this thread I know I'm not the only one out there that is looking for some extra keys to complete their keyboard set (FC660).
Is it just the shift that is different on the Leopolds? What else is non standard on it?

The single meta/windows key is also 1x.  But that's really it.
HHKB | 87UB | 23UB | FC660C | FC500RR

Offline lasttycoon

• Ergonomic Wizard
« Reply #203 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 22:42:22 »
Show Image

What keys are the 1x keys in R4? thx
Win, function and a blank I think. Ivan said it a few pages back.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #204 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 08:48:13 »

Isn´t the spacebar a bit different too? like the stem spacing or something like that ?

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 11:52:23 »

Isn't the spacebar a bit different too? like the stem spacing or something like that ?
Yea the ones that aren't the new Korean version (which have normal spacebar stems like the FC750RT) have the weird Leopold stabilizer placement. The spacebars in this set are compatible with the FC660 but IIRC you had to dremel down a stem that was too close or cut the plastic bit that's meant to guide the stabilizer.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #206 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 14:41:41 »

Isn't the spacebar a bit different too? like the stem spacing or something like that ?
Yea the ones that aren't the new Korean version (which have normal spacebar stems like the FC750RT) have the weird Leopold stabilizer placement. The spacebars in this set are compatible with the FC660 but IIRC you had to dremel down a stem that was too close or cut the plastic bit that's meant to guide the stabilizer.

Nice, where can i buy one of these new Korean models ?

Offline minTea

« Reply #207 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 17:02:49 »
Considering joining this group buy.  Someone said that this set might have issues with the spacebar on a Novatouch.  Can anyone confirm or deny this from the previous rounds because I would probably buy the Japanese for a Novatouch :) Thanks!

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #208 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 17:05:21 »
Considering joining this group buy.  Someone said that this set might have issues with the spacebar on a Novatouch.  Can anyone confirm or deny this from the previous rounds because I would probably buy the Japanese for a Novatouch :) Thanks!
Yes, you'll have to dremel off the extra stems:

Offline minTea

« Reply #209 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 17:06:39 »
Well that is a pain :X thanks for the response! :)

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 17:08:51 »
Well that is a pain :X thanks for the response! :)
I think the Vortex caps fit out of the box, so watch out for that it you don't want to get your hands dirty ;)

Offline minTea

« Reply #211 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 17:14:52 »
But I love the fact that these will have the Gateron thickness! Oh what a cruel world indeed! haha. I mean I guess I could buy a dremel but I'd rather not. Maybe I could buy and find a matching black PBT spacebar somewhere else for it.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #212 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 17:16:48 »
But I love the fact that these will have the Gateron thickness! Oh what a cruel world indeed! haha. I mean I guess I could buy a dremel but I'd rather not. Maybe I could buy and find a matching black PBT spacebar somewhere else for it.
The Vortex caps are actually really thick:
Just received mine (was in our old house, forgot to ask Ivan to change shipping address). Gonna check if everythings okay.

Heres some comparison between this and from the Vortex Mass Drop blank PBT

Left: Ivan GB
Right: Vortex Massdrop GB
Show Image

Show Image

The vortex key has label/stamp which profile is the key

Show Image

Offline lasttycoon

• Ergonomic Wizard
« Reply #213 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 17:17:33 »
So I have been thinking about these keys alot and I feel that there is a serious lack of pictures in this thread. Hopefully these will inspire some more people to jump on board this awesome group buy. I stole these from pr0ximity, and I saw the OP on Reddit. Hope he doesn't mind me posting these, but these pictures inspired my purchase!

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #214 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 18:01:07 »

Nice, where can i buy one of these new Korean models ?
I've heard Widebasket on Ebay has them, the Dyesub grey ones(can't seem to find on his ebay currently) are Korean made and have the normal stabilizer positions, the other ones I haven't heard either way definitively, you could probably message him and ask. edit: might of misunderstood the post I saw as it looks like all of his are Korean, and the grey dyesub version is chinese made?
More
Just about to get another FC660m but this one is Korean made and has the standard space bar stems. I know the grey dye subs fit the chinese made with the narrow stems but does the space bar cap have stems for standard as well?

Many thanks
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2015, 18:09:47 by KnivesM »
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #215 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 22:34:09 »
So I have been thinking about these keys alot and I feel that there is a serious lack of pictures in this thread. Hopefully these will inspire some more people to jump on board this awesome group buy. I stole these from pr0ximity, and I saw the OP on Reddit. Hope he doesn't mind me posting these, but these pictures inspired my purchase!
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice photos, thanks

Offline Ovation2006

« Reply #216 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 01:04:09 »
Ahhhhyeeea - paid! Thank you sir.

Offline wargrip

« Reply #217 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 04:30:14 »
Ordered!!! Just waiting for the invoice now - can't wait for these :)

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #218 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 10:29:56 »
Is there any rough estimate of when the sets will ship?

will we receive them in 2015?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #219 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 01:22:24 »

That's kind of a given

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #220 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 08:19:36 »
Generally with these things I expect delivery 2-4 months from the close date.

Offline SeanD1994

« Reply #221 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 09:14:42 »
How long does it take for us to get the invoice? Never have done a group buy on GH but I submitted an order.  ;D

Offline Grill

• Charcoal
« Reply #222 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 15:05:30 »
Buying this with a Steam sale going on will hurt the wallet but I really want my JP keys back on my KB even if it's ANSI atm. Thanks for doing this sale! Love the caps.
Poker II (MX blue) WASD V2 (MX brown) Forever saving for GON 87.

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #223 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 19:55:58 »
Sorry for the slow payment.  Tuition has been taking most of my paychecks, but I'm all paid now.  :)

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline just66in

« Reply #224 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 22:07:14 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for sharing. And then the temptations grew...

Offline Ahkrael

« Reply #225 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 06:57:35 »
Ordered a set of black on black and a blank black set a well.  Grabbing a few sets from the gateron cherry profile blank to go with them - I'm thinking blank mods with black on black for alpha and numbers (maybe not both) and mixing either beige or milk to offset the dark.  I currently have a dark grey nova touch, but will be using a silver top duck Orion, so I'm liking the silver black combo.  I like to have all options covered ( 4 total cherry profile sets, and I already have a front printed vortex and blank vortex oem profile sets. )

Offline SeanD1994

« Reply #226 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 11:47:48 »
Sweet just paid!! We will get a tracking # in an email or something when they ship?

Offline ConscienceDrop

• a-are these pbt?
« Reply #227 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 14:53:18 »
any photos of previous Cherry black on black RU dyesub?

very interested

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #228 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 15:38:35 »
I'll pass. I forgot ISO has the backlash key lol.

Ivan, hopefully next set will have ISO goodies :)
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline Digitize

« Reply #229 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 20:49:56 »
I don't even know why I bought these key caps because I don't even have a keyboard for them to go on, yet. Just another excuse for me to get a second keyboard as my other brother is currently using my poker II. I don't want to be an addict.  ^-^

Invoice received and paid.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #230 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 22:47:56 »
I don't even know why I bought these key caps because I don't even have a keyboard for them to go on, yet. Just another excuse for me to get a second keyboard as my other brother is currently using my poker II. I don't want to be an addict.  ^-^

Invoice received and paid.

First step of recovery is acknowledging that you have a problem :P

Offline lasttycoon

• Ergonomic Wizard
« Reply #231 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 11:56:47 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for sharing. And then the temptations grew...
Just do it. This is the best all around. Great minimal look combined with awesome feels, thickness and durability. At least that is what I have convinced my self of. This is one of the best sets I have ever seen.

Offline lasttycoon

• Ergonomic Wizard
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 11:59:18 »

That's kind of a given
Unfortunately it is not a given :/ Ivan confirmed about 2-4 month time after invoice but I think in the past this buy had some considerable delays due to manufacturing problems. The last wave waited over a year if I am not mistaken. Seems like turn around will but much faster this time due to the fact that he working directly with the manufacturer and has already worked out the kinks. (Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, it is just what I have gathered from my conversations about this set.)

Offline dbfj

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 18:28:53 »
Thanks for doing this GB.  Been looking for a similar set for a while.  In for two.

« Reply #234 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 23:23:55 »
Hello GH, first time posting here!

Thanks a lot for running this Ivan; I'm in for a Russian and a blank set!

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 23:29:25 »
Could you verify my order for a cherry font set?

Thanks

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Re: PBT Dark second wave (orders open)
« Reply #236 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 23:35:16 »
Just a quick question to the set.
What lettering would the marked keys would have in a normal US dyesub set?

(Attachment Link)

Just wanted to know wether or not it fits perfect with a 1800 layout.
With blanks there would be only one R2 1u and one R3 1u missing to have a perfect fit for a 1800 layout...

Would it be possible to get those two keys with a blank set?

I'm guessing the 1u r4 would be an Fn key

Offline E3E

« Reply #237 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 00:21:53 »
Gonna blank it up, baby! :D One, because I'm TRYING to be thrifty, and Two, because Black blanks will go great with the Dark Grey blanks on Massdrop and in the end, I'll have enough for two keyboards, and I've got two cases needing to be filled. Sweeet.

Eventually, I'm gonna save up for some delicious keycaps, but for now, these are very tasty! :D

Offline Mingalings

« Reply #238 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 17:39:37 »
Paid

Can't wait to get these, now I just have to decide what to do with the other set I bought from Massdrop just before I saw this thread.

Offline E3E

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 22:57:34 »
I knew I wasn't the only one! What color combo did you pick on the massdrop buy?

Paid

Can't wait to get these, now I just have to decide what to do with the other set I bought from Massdrop just before I saw this thread.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 23:21:11 »
Shame on those that didn't get the blanks here!

Offline MileyBIGBOY

« Reply #241 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 23:31:30 »
Is this okay for filco mj2 my friends? need to make sure.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #242 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 23:57:12 »
Is this okay for filco mj2 my friends? need to make sure.

As long as its ANSI and not ISO

Offline Mingalings

« Reply #243 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 05:44:37 »
I knew I wasn't the only one! What color combo did you pick on the massdrop buy?

Paid

I got the Black Vortex Backlit key caps. I hopped in on the drop thinking they were a poor substitute for these after seeing the last of Ivan's group buys. They'll probably be up for sale when these come in.

Offline archer

« Reply #244 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 09:13:36 »
Order placed! waiting for invoice  :thumb:

Offline Atredl

« Reply #245 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 16:16:02 »
Order sent! Been waiting to add this one for a while.  ;D

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #246 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 01:13:47 »
Shame on those that didn't get the blanks here!

But I got the blanks from the last buy :(

This time I picked up a Darkside set.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline gridMENSCH

« Reply #247 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 01:33:46 »
Hey Ivan,

Apologies for putting in an order before I saw the spacebar issues with the Novatouch. I'd muck it up trying to dremel them out so I'm going to pass on this, sorry for wasting your time.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #248 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 08:43:07 »
For those that are concerned about the 6.25 spacebar stems... if you don't mind mixing with ABS you can always order some spacebar from the Miami Nights buy. Same profile, option to add a splash of color.

Offline gridMENSCH

« Reply #249 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 13:14:21 »
It actually occurred to me that I have a Vortex PBT spacebar, are these a similar colour? If so, can I still pay this invoice now? Thanks for your time.