Author Topic: [GB] ePBT RamenStop | Surpassed MOQ on the first day! [ALL KITS WILL BE MADE!]  (Read 25105 times)

Offline Plopmk

• Plop Laboratories | Making atrocious keycap sets
    • plopmkd@gmail.com

About set:
Epbt RamenStop is. It's a two-toned katakana set themed around small ramen shops.

Vendors/Proxies
United States: Kono
Canada: AshKeebs
Europe: Candykeys
UK: Prototypist
Worldwide: KBDFans

GB Date : Feb 1st - Feb 22nd

Pricing

KitKBDFans     Kono           AshKeebs    Candykeys  Prototypist 
Base kit$75.00$74.99$105.0074.00€65.00£
Spacebars$20.00$19.99$28.0020.00€17.50£
Colors Novs$22.00$24.99$30.0023.00€19.00£
Localization kit$11.50$11.99$16.0012.00€10.00£
Nomad kit$15.00$15.99$21.0012.00€13.00£
Garnish kit$13.00$11.99$18.5012.00€11.50£
Numbers kit$12.50$12.99$18.0012.00€11.50£
Plain Nov kit$15.00$14.99$21.0014.00€13.00£
Colored Novs kit$22.50$24.99$32.0023.00€19.50£
DeskmatsN/A$16.99$24.0020.00€16.50£

Colors
Green (Seaweed)               Cool White (Plain Ramen)    Yellow (Eggyolk)                 Pink (Kamaboko)               
PANTONE 3145 CPANTONE 656 CPANTONE 1225 CPANTONE 212 C

"This is not sushi, this is sushi on s t e r o i d s."

KITS

Base Kit

Second 'B' included for alice layout boards.

Novelties Kit (each kit sold separately)

eat your heart out

Add-ons(each kit sold separately)

Toppings Kit (each kit sold separately)

Renders
by yours truly, plap

TGR Alice

I apologize if I offend you with my sub-par polycarb render

Prototypist J-02

One keycap on this render is outdated due to the new kitting, the gb page will feature an updated render

TGR Jane

M I N I M A L

Hand Engneering Haus

True white background for alpha comparison

TheKey.Company Candybar

Go ahead, take a bite

Evolv

Courtesy of my buddy Roro

Deskmats

Illustrated by plop.

Collabs

SpaceCables

THOK

Follow me on Instagram for upcoming projects: https://www.instagram.com/plopmk
Follow me on twitter just in case I use it: https://twitter.com/Plopmk
Join the plop discord to be part of the cool kids lunch table: https://discord.gg/2eBg9W5

signature:
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=108594[img width=146height=60]https://i.imgur.com/Ko8kByw.png[/img][/url]

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

Offline Pach

man this is one nice set

Offline Biskwit157

Might miss this because I can't decide what add-on's I want

Offline Lotsati

Looks like the THOK keycap will be exclusive to KBDfans?

Offline Nles

I really want the deskmat to pair with the caps, why oh why KBDFans don't carry them....

Offline FoxFire007

Can you possibly link each store in the original post

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline bamblerow

Looks like the THOK keycap will be exclusive to KBDfans?

Curious about this too. Didn't see it on the kono store.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Can you possibly link each store in the original post

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

You can get vendor links for most live GBs from KeycapLendar

ePBT RamenStop:
   Kono
   KBDfans
   AshKeebs
   CandyKeys
   protoTypist

« Last Edit: Sun, 14 February 2021, 17:08:40 by dvorcol »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

Edit: one more vendor updated.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 February 2021, 18:50:42 by dvorcol »

Offline hieughost

One question: Is the cool white color of the base kit match closely with E-white keyboard? I can't seem to find any render of this set on E-white boards, so I'm having a hard time deciding between hopping in this GB and waiting for Kon Momo extras (or finding one in aftermarket). Would choose the set that match better with my imminent E-white E7-V2
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2021, 10:56:38 by hieughost »

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
Exited to see the updated numbers when the GB Closes :D This is a fantastic design and a great price. Well done Plop!

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
One question: Is the cool white color of the base kit match closely with E-white keyboard? I can't seem to find any render of this set on E-white boards, so I'm having a hard time deciding between hopping in this GB and waiting for Kon Momo extras (or finding one in aftermarket). Would choose the set that match better with my imminent E-white E7-V2

RamenShop's base keycap color is Pantone 656C - here is a link Plop provided in the discord for color reference. Maybe this will help you!
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/749033489588027452/806047520748077086/unknown.png?width=1994&height=1003

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
I can't quite tell from the graph - has the THOK artisan hit MOQ or no?

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
Once again I appreciate that CandyKeys run GBs longer that other vendors, hopped in with the base, plain novelties, and nomad kit - absolute bargain ^-^

Plus it’ll easily fill the kinda hard-to-fill-with-cherry-profile UT47 layout of the Whimsy when that arrives around the same time ^-^
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline shadowness

I managed to get into the groupbuy  on kbdfans on the last day. but just realized they don't carry the  deskmat / cable. where can I get these then to ship to Australia?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Final numbers

More
<-- final without extras

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
Speaks very well to the number of extras available!

Offline bkrownd

Speaks very well to the number of extras available!

The Ramen shall never Stop

Offline lasttycoon

• Ergonomic Wizard
How can we get extras?
Kinesis Advantage | Ergodox EZ Browns | RK RC930 | DS 3 Blues

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
How can we get extras?

Follow updates from the vendor for your region; they typically all announce when extras are going live. Discord and Twitter are usually your best bets.

Offline Anorexious

• Designer
    • bento
Dang I missed this masterpiece. I hope I can get extra set for this!

Offline ibcruzn408

I missed this too. Kicking myself for not jumping in

Offline TimeDoctor

Kono is still selling it:
https://kono.store/products/epbt-ramenstop

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

Kono is now taking orders for extras before production is finished.  In other words, they’re in the pre-order phase.  Prices are higher than GB, but probably lower than extras prices will be once production is finished.

Offline frasnow

What happened??!!! Went from in production in August and shipping to customers in October to delayed to shipping in Q1 2022.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon

Kono is now taking orders for extras before production is finished.  In other words, they’re in the pre-order phase.  Prices are higher than GB, but probably lower than extras prices will be once production is finished.

I've spent too much on keyboards this month, and you're not making it any easier  :))
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
What happened??!!! Went from in production in August and shipping to customers in October to delayed to shipping in Q1 2022.

A global pandemic happened.

Offline frasnow

The pandemic started well before this group buy went on sale. Should have been part of the estimate. Not to mention the schedule didn’t change until it was supposedly finishing up production.

Offline The Equals D

The pandemic started well before this group buy went on sale. Should have been part of the estimate. Not to mention the schedule didn’t change until it was supposedly finishing up production.

I am sure the Delta Variant and the associated shutdowns and shipping delays in China likely had effects that were not assumed to be an issue in Feb when things seemed to be ramping down with covid.

Offline doggo1dance

Re: [GB] ePBT RamenStop | Surpassed MOQ on the first day! [ALL KITS WILL BE MADE!]
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 01:56:40 »

you do realize that various unforeseen issues can happen which may delay the production schedule? e.g. new variants outbreak, shortage of materials, etc.

Offline tiberria

How is it that this set is now 18 months past the group buy, pushing a year past the estimated ship date and still hasn't even entered production yet, apparently due to matching on a yellow color that's only in an optional kit?  Why have there been no updates whatoever by the group buy runner?

Offline Woovie

How is it that this set is now 18 months past the group buy, pushing a year past the estimated ship date and still hasn't even entered production yet, apparently due to matching on a yellow color that's only in an optional kit?  Why have there been no updates whatoever by the group buy runner?

It's not the responsibility of the GB runner to keep you informed. They are likely either not in direct contact with ePBT or are not getting anything new/useful from ePBT. Plenty of GB threads never get further posts from the OP.

It's usually the main vendor who communicates with a manufacturer. When you see an update from the main vendor, it's good to help communicate that to the thread for others who haven't seen an update.

I'm not saying any of this is "correct" or "right" or "good". It is what it is. That's how it's been done for years. Some change and do their own thing. Others don't.

Offline michelinboi

• Twitter
100% love this set render, and I've been patiently waiting for a while now. Still pretty excited.

It's not the responsibility of the GB runner to keep you informed. They are likely either not in direct contact with ePBT or are not getting anything new/useful from ePBT. Plenty of GB threads never get further posts from the OP.

It's usually the main vendor who communicates with a manufacturer. When you see an update from the main vendor, it's good to help communicate that to the thread for others who haven't seen an update.

I'm not saying any of this is "correct" or "right" or "good". It is what it is. That's how it's been done for years. Some change and do their own thing. Others don't.

It's a shame, but that seems like the best answer I've heard from anyone about how things are done with group buys. I've done MD before for non mkb stuff, but this is my first time with a gb. I've reached out to Kono twice since August '21, just to make sure they had my current info as it's been long enough that I've actually moved across the country. It was a little disheartening that my build is sitting here waiting for caps, but tbh it really seems like there's nothing for it but to wait. I'm thinking of trying to piece together a placeholder set in the meantime so I have a reason to finish assembly.. I was prepared for 6 months on the outside, not a year. Part of me is wishing I'd purchased a readily available set of keycaps instead of going in on the group buy, but I kind of expected something like this could happen. I hope the caps are as good as they look in render; would make the wait worth it. :)

Offline Madzuka

• 메즈카
Wow it’s been almost a year and a half, and still not in production yet by the looks of it. At this point, delays like this aren’t even a surprise anymore, but still sucks given ePBT usually has had better lead times than GMK.

I’m so used to the wait times being absolutely ****ed, that it takes someone outside the hobby to be like “Wait, you bought these KEYCAPS 2 years ago & you’re just getting to put your keyboard together now?” for me to wonder why I do this to myself lmao.
Q2hyeXNhbnRoZW11bQ

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
Oh man these still aren't in production despite the unchanged "late Q3 2022" update on kono store? Ooof.  :'(

Offline RectifyPlays

Oh man these still aren't in production despite the unchanged "late Q3 2022" update on kono store? Ooof.  :'(

KBDFans update page isn't up to date either, however someone in Plop's discord reached out to KBDfans support and they said that the set was nearing the end of production. Samples were approved a while ago.

Offline warbosschoppa

Re: [GB] ePBT RamenStop | Surpassed MOQ on the first day! [ALL KITS WILL BE MADE!]
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 25 September 2022, 17:21:32 »
I feel like it's been forever waiting for this to be released.

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 25 September 2022, 17:24:43 »
I feel like it's been forever waiting for this to be released.

We’ll be at 2 years in February. And only that many updates on the Kono page iirc.

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #40 on: Sun, 25 September 2022, 22:50:46 »
Patience

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 27 September 2022, 06:28:50 »
Patience

Patience is one thing. 2 years and almost zero updates is just unprofessional.

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 27 September 2022, 21:56:11 »

Is there a current Discord link for the set's creator?  I think the discord link on page 1 didn't work last time I tried it? 

Offline TimNL

From https://kbdfans.com/a/groupbuyupdates:

Production is nearing completion (2022-10-14)