Author Topic: The Vape Thread!  (Read 464398 times)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Re: The Vape Thread!
« Reply #350 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 13:49:21 »
Ayy, a couple more builds. I don't like that the MutationXV2 is smaller inside than the Plume, but the deep well and bigger post holes are a huge plus. and the airflow is so much more.
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image

Those coils look sick! What is the third one?
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline kurukato

• Cars>Keyboards
« Reply #351 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 14:02:18 »
Ayy, a couple more builds. I don't like that the MutationXV2 is smaller inside than the Plume, but the deep well and bigger post holes are a huge plus. and the airflow is so much more.
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image

Those coils look sick! What is the third one?
24g twist then claptoned with 30g. came out to round .18 I think.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #352 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 15:59:55 »
Have any of you guys ever had a store employee say something to you for vaping in say WalMart or another chain department store like that?  Here in Iowa, we have the Clean Air Act, which bans smoking in all public and government buildings.  However, there vaping is still technically legal.  Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with it.

My wife tried getting on me about it in Wal Mart.  That didn't last long.  Though I don't do it in places like church and what not.  Though nobody has said anything in the theater yet.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #353 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 22:32:34 »

Have any of you guys ever had a store employee say something to you for vaping in say WalMart or another chain department store like that?  Here in Iowa, we have the Clean Air Act, which bans smoking in all public and government buildings.  However, there vaping is still technically legal.  Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with it.

My wife tried getting on me about it in Wal Mart.  That didn't last long.  Though I don't do it in places like church and what not.  Though nobody has said anything in the theater yet.
Got told to stop a few times in bars. Of all places.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #354 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 07:17:35 »
Just picked up a hand carved VaporGenie, excited for it to turn up!

Want to get a juice vaporizer as well but like everything I'm taking the hard route and am going to DIY an e-pipe. Hoping I can swap out the rolling tobacco for juice and get rid of the nasty habit soon.

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #355 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 08:25:13 »
Nice stuff guys, once I got a real MOD and no ****ing knockoff-clone-copy mod Ill post my setup. At least I got a sick RBA!
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #356 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 03:19:38 »
I'm looking at getting a Kanger Emow for my first vape, what does everyone think? Them seem like pretty good value for the price compared to other local options.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #357 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 11:42:54 »
I'm looking at getting a Kanger Emow for my first vape, what does everyone think? Them seem like pretty good value for the price compared to other local options.

Not really my style but the reviews look good, if you're hoping for a ton of vapor it's not a great choice but if you just want flavor it'll probably be fine.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #358 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 04:02:05 »

Not really my style but the reviews look good, if you're hoping for a ton of vapor it's not a great choice but if you just want flavor it'll probably be fine.
Cheers mate!

Offline phishy

« Reply #359 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 07:08:50 »
One on the left has turned into my daily.  Limited edition media blasted vanilla #019

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #360 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 14:04:46 »

Offline Trent

« Reply #361 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 22:45:40 »
Hey all, been in hibernation.

So I started vaping about a month ago -- I have one of the starter kits from a store, it's a kangertech evod tank -- battery unknown but it's not very good.

I've been looking at a couple mods:

I know absolutely nothing about coils and etc -- I know a little about the best batteries to buy (Sony VTC5 for example) -- My biggest concern is price and usability.  I often go on the road for long periods of time and want to be able to build a kit as well as the necessary tools to get a good vape but still maintain simple usability while on the road.  I don't know how long coils last, or how much time it takes to make the perfect one.  I don't have much free time while on the road, and I can't afford to spend an hour every day messing with a mod unit.  I'm not sure if these thoughts are going over the top -- but I always talk to pro vapers and they go into detail about their build and I get the assumption that it is something they spend a lot of time on.  I will say that I've tried them and I like the heat and kick from them much better than my tank mods that I've tried.

Thoughts?

Edit: battery life is a big concern of mine too.  I don't mind having a charger with me but want something that'll definitely last all day.  I'll only step out to vape every once and a while, not constantly.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 February 2015, 22:49:00 by Trent »
Quote from: Trent
I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline phishy

« Reply #362 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 06:13:33 »
Hey all, been in hibernation.

So I started vaping about a month ago -- I have one of the starter kits from a store, it's a kangertech evod tank -- battery unknown but it's not very good.

I've been looking at a couple mods:

I know absolutely nothing about coils and etc -- I know a little about the best batteries to buy (Sony VTC5 for example) -- My biggest concern is price and usability.  I often go on the road for long periods of time and want to be able to build a kit as well as the necessary tools to get a good vape but still maintain simple usability while on the road.  I don't know how long coils last, or how much time it takes to make the perfect one.  I don't have much free time while on the road, and I can't afford to spend an hour every day messing with a mod unit.  I'm not sure if these thoughts are going over the top -- but I always talk to pro vapers and they go into detail about their build and I get the assumption that it is something they spend a lot of time on.  I will say that I've tried them and I like the heat and kick from them much better than my tank mods that I've tried.

Thoughts?

Edit: battery life is a big concern of mine too.  I don't mind having a charger with me but want something that'll definitely last all day.  I'll only step out to vape every once and a while, not constantly.

I generally only replace coils ever 2 weeks or so, if I change juice I'll just pull new cotton through my coils.  Takes maybe 15 minutes top to make 2 new coils, pull cotton and get back to vaping.  A 26650 battery should last you all day.  When I don't vape alllll dayyyy an 18650 will last me all day.  Aside from dripping, you shouldnt have to mess with your mod at all from day to day unless you need to re-tighten a screw or something but that literally takes seconds and will only be an issue if you drop your mod alot.

Offline Trent

« Reply #363 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 10:13:43 »
That doesn't sound too bad at all actually.

A couple of questions for you:
  • Someone told me that they are able to "clean" their coils before replacing, is this true?
  • What is a gold standard for the 26650 battery?
  • Is it better to go with a 18650 or 26650?  I hear 26650 will have more power than most 18650s but not necessarily more battery life
  • What do you think of unregulated mods?  I have my eye on one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unregulated-Box-Mod-Dual-26650-Parallel-Mosfet-Protected-/111605558674?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fc35ad92 -- (I don't know what a mosfet would be for in terms of vaping)
  • What is good to look for in a mod?  Is a clone necessarily a bad thing?  I see they are much cheaper.
  • What do you look for in a RDA?  I'm looking at this vulcan one, I like the fact that doesn't require any tools to replace the coils, merely screw and done -- http://www.vapordna.com/Vulcan-RDA-Rebuildable-Atomizer-p/vn0001.htm
  • Safety and travelling.  I travel a lot so I assume the safest bet is to remove the batteries from the boxmod/regular mod so the trigger doesn't fire when it is in my bag.  I haven't had a problem with this for my small unit because it has the five clicks
  • What do you look for in making a coil, how much does resistance come into play?  Do I want to get an ohm meter? -- I've seen a lot of the rip trippers and crazy coils that they make, not sure if I want/need something this complicated but don't mind making a couple in bulk and bringing them with me in little bubble wrap bags

I REALLY appreciate your input man thanks.
I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #364 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 10:35:26 »

• Someone told me that they are able to "clean" their coils before replacing, is this true?
  • Is it better to go with a 18650 or 26650?  I hear 26650 will have more power than most 18650s but not necessarily more battery life
  • What do you think of unregulated mods?  I have my eye on one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unregulated-Box-Mod-Dual-26650-Parallel-Mosfet-Protected-/111605558674?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fc35ad92 -- (I don't know what a mosfet would be for in terms of vaping)
  • What is good to look for in a mod?  Is a clone necessarily a bad thing?  I see they are much cheaper.
  • What do you look for in a RDA?  I'm looking at this vulcan one, I like the fact that doesn't require any tools to replace the coils, merely screw and done -- http://www.vapordna.com/Vulcan-RDA-Rebuildable-Atomizer-p/vn0001.htm
  • Safety and travelling.  I travel a lot so I assume the safest bet is to remove the batteries from the boxmod/regular mod so the trigger doesn't fire when it is in my bag.  I haven't had a problem with this for my small unit because it has the five clicks
  • What do you look for in making a coil, how much does resistance come into play?  Do I want to get an ohm meter? -- I've seen a lot of the rip trippers and crazy coils that they make, not sure if I want/need something this complicated but don't mind making a couple in bulk and bringing them with me in little bubble wrap bags

As to coil cleaning, i think it depends on what tank are you using; I could be wrong about this though. Generally, I've only seen kayfun users (myself included) doing this. You can just wash the gunk away that's on the coil.

if the mod that you're about to buy has a locking mechanism (so far I've only seen this existed on stick type mechanical mods and on digital mods) then i think it's pretty safe to just lock it so that there won't be any accidental triggers.

I'm not that experienced to answer all the other questions :<

Offline phishy

« Reply #365 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 10:45:46 »

All good man always here to help.  Concerning your other questions....

1. Yes you can technically "clean" your coils by removing the cotton and just pulsing the bare coils a few times while blowing all of the build up off of them.  If you are running a hot setup and there is still juice all over the RDA it may scorch the juice and your first few hits of new cotton will taste like crap.  Kanthal is so cheap I usually just re-build when it gets to this point.

2.  In general I stick with either Sony or MXJO batteries.  I've heard good thing about the newer E-Fest stuff too.

3.  This is more preference.  And generally 26650 batteries will give you more capacity.  They generally have a higher amperage rating but that doesn't really mean you'll ever need it unless you're going super super low sub ohm build.  But the same coils on an 18650 vs 26650 the 26650 battery is going to stay in the preferred voltage range longer.

4.  I've never used a regulated box mod.  My experience are with regular mech mods and DNA30 Devices.  Lately more people have been making the move to box mods and I don't really get the hype.

5.  I just look for mods that i find pleasing to the eye with good construction.  Obviously mod material, pin material (if its not hybrid) and switch design play into this.  I like recessed switches.  I generally like mods that are of a single tube design but lately I really want a copper 4nine mod.  And starting out, clones aren't bad.  Most of us started out there.

6.  I look for RDA's with good build space, deep juice well and once again pleasing on the eyes.  My brass monkey isn't the hottest thing out but i like the split center post, makes building with twisted or larger gauge kanthal easier.  I also have a TOBH and Stillare and enjoy both of them.  You want to find something with good airflow, quality construction and silver or gold contacts/screws if you can.  Pretty much all RDA's will only require you carry a small screw driver.

7.  Take the battery out.  I've had mods fire in my pocket because of a loose switch before and its not fun.  A) you'll burn the **** out of your hand and b) if you are on a plane then all that smoke and the horrible smell will probably get you in trouble.  Getting through security is easy these days though, most TSA employees know what it is.  When I first started vaping I had a few mods checked out though.

8.  I make very simple coils.  I use 24G kanthal and do a 6/7 twist.  I usually like to stay between .3-.5 ohms.  I've never used an ohm meter but i'd advise to get one for safety reasons although most batteries have a high enough amperage rating that you're not going to pop one.  I've tried crazy coils and twisted kanthal but for every day vaping its not needed.  Build a little travel kit with cotton bacon, a roll of kanthal, small screw driver, ceramic tipped pliers and a small little angle cutter for building on the go.

Offline Trent

« Reply #366 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 19:50:04 »
Cool thanks for the input -- I've actually found a lot of pre-built coils you can buy online and as silly as it sounds I kind of like that option.

I've read some dangers about coils exploding...  Know anything about that?

Edit: specifically this thread -- http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/sub-ohm/562106-ecf-sub-ohm-advisory.html
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 19:51:36 by Trent »
I hate fun

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #367 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 01:20:39 »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #368 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 02:28:01 »

As far as your first question goes, it's been answered already but I believe it's called a "dry burn". Burns the crap off the coil and you can get maybe a few more days out of it. Longer depending on how often/how to use it.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Trent

« Reply #369 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 11:18:49 »
After trying a friend's mod with this setup, I might be sold on:
- BEC Pro 50W (bluetooth too) -- http://www.smoktech.com/product_10047.html
- Aspire Atlantis -- http://www.aspirecig.com/products/Atlantis/atlantis183.html

Excellent flavor, huge clouds and hits like a truck.

Edit: uhoh, looks like bad news for the aspire atlantis -- http://forum.aspirecig.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16958

Ugh.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 March 2015, 14:17:27 by Trent »
I hate fun

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #370 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 00:27:54 »
Got my Kanger EMOW in the mail, really like it. So much better than any of the vapourisers I've tried in the past, get nice big clouds off it. Not using nicotine juice so hopefully replacing the habit will be enough to quit smoking, got 30ml of a flavor called "Grape Expectations" and it's really tasty!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #371 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 00:33:06 »
- Aspire Atlantis -- http://www.aspirecig.com/products/Atlantis/atlantis183.html

Edit: uhoh, looks like bad news for the aspire atlantis -- http://forum.aspirecig.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16958

Ugh.

Hrrmm that's disappointing about the Atlantis, looks like I'll have to go with the Kanger Subtank Mini for my next clearo. After a couple of days using my EMOW I'm still happy with it but I need something with a longer lasting battery and more adjustability, the voltage settings on the EMOW aren't very versatile and I'm finding I need to recharge towards the end of the day/evening.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #372 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 02:10:50 »

Ugh.

Hrrmm that's disappointing about the Atlantis, looks like I'll have to go with the Kanger Subtank Mini for my next clearo. After a couple of days using my EMOW I'm still happy with it but I need something with a longer lasting battery and more adjustability, the voltage settings on the EMOW aren't very versatile and I'm finding I need to recharge towards the end of the day/evening.

If you read further, aspire states that all their premade coils will be organic cotton only from now on...

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #373 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 07:12:39 »

Ugh.

If you read further, aspire states that all their premade coils will be organic cotton only from now on...

Ah cool, might have to weigh up my options. The Subtank Mini's look pretty nice for the included RBA, no doubt I'm going to want to go down that path eventually anyway :P

Looking around at variable wattage box mods - any recommendations? I'm looking at the Sigelei 30W Mini as my first preference at the moment, the Eleaf 30/50W looks good at as well for the price but they look so damned tacky.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #374 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 06:13:46 »
Damn this **** is as bad as keyboards on the wallet. Just ordered an iStick 50w, Kanger Subtank Mini and some wire to try out the RBA. Hopefully the iStick should be arriving in a couple of days and I can try it with my EMOW tank while I wait on the Subtank, the place I ordered from is usually really fast.

Offline luminor

« Reply #375 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 06:51:37 »
Been using my sigelei 150w and kanger subtank mini for a week now, the mini outperformed atlantis in flavour, now my atlantis get back in the box.
I only use sigelei at home and istick 30w for going out because of the size, good size to slip in to the pocket. The 30w will last me roughly 4-5ml of liquid @ 20-25 watt before died on me.
I think if money not an issue getting the istick 50w would be a better choice, it's only a little bit bigger than the 30's but last longer,  twice or even more than the 30's.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #376 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 07:03:46 »
Been using my sigelei 150w and kanger subtank mini for a week now, the mini outperformed atlantis in flavour, now my atlantis get back in the box.
I only use sigelei at home and istick 30w for going out because of the size, good size to slip in to the pocket. The 30w will last me roughly 4-5ml of liquid @ 20-25 watt before died on me.
I think if money not an issue getting the istick 50w would be a better choice, it's only a little bit bigger than the 30's but last longer,  twice or even more than the 30's.

Yeah I was tempted by the Sigelei 100W but decided to stay on the cheap end with the iStick because I'll probably want to DIY a variable wattage box at some point in the future so I'll save the cash. Can't resist another chance to make something one of a kind, it's as bad as keyboards I tell you!

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #377 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 07:16:29 »

Yeah I was tempted by the Sigelei 100W but decided to stay on the cheap end with the iStick because I'll probably want to DIY a variable wattage box at some point in the future so I'll save the cash. Can't resist another chance to make something one of a kind, it's as bad as keyboards I tell you!

I know exactly how you feel... I didn't like what was available so I had to DIY a variable wattage box mod. ;-)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #378 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 07:20:57 »

I know exactly how you feel... I didn't like what was available so I had to DIY a variable wattage box mod. ;-)

Damn man, beautiful work. The internals are probably the cleanest I've ever seen on a DIY box! Is that a circuit you came up with yourself to regulate the wattage or a prebuilt one? Interested in the button/screen shroud too, is that 3D printed?

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #379 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 17:44:48 »

Damn man, beautiful work. The internals are probably the cleanest I've ever seen on a DIY box! Is that a circuit you came up with yourself to regulate the wattage or a prebuilt one? Interested in the button/screen shroud too, is that 3D printed?

I designed it and built a few. Custom PCBs from OSH Park, mostly SMT parts. 3D printed bezel/button caps from Shapeways. I got lazy and used an Arduino Pro Mini, which controls a Raptor 20A regulator via a digital potentiometer, and a hall effect current sensor to measure current and allow variable wattage. It can do 120W but I mostly vape 40W on a TOBH with Chuff top cap.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #380 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 07:18:03 »

I designed it and built a few. Custom PCBs from OSH Park, mostly SMT parts. 3D printed bezel/button caps from Shapeways. I got lazy and used an Arduino Pro Mini, which controls a Raptor 20A regulator via a digital potentiometer, and a hall effect current sensor to measure current and allow variable wattage. It can do 120W but I mostly vape 40W on a TOBH with Chuff top cap.

Awesome man, thanks for the info!

My Kanger Subtank Nano and iStick 50W both arrived today, big shout outs to VapourEyes and WickAndWire for excellent service and really quick shipping. W&W were nice enough to throw in some free juice with my iStick too!

Haven't tried the tank yet but I'm loving the iStick, made my EMOW tank vape so much better so I'm expecting good things when I throw the Subtank on. Outstanding battery life too, I've been hitting it all day at about 15w and the battery has barely moved.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2015, 07:23:13 by bueller »

Offline siegel2014

« Reply #381 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 10:23:33 »
Hey all, Have any of you guys considered making your own e-liquid. I started making my own a few months ago and it has saved my tons of money. Its also always fun acting like I'm a chemist mixing the PG, VG and nicotine.  If you guys have I'd like to know who your turned out and what distributors you go to.
I go to Hartland Vapes (http://wholesale.heartlandvapes.com/)
Nicotine Solution - 100mg Liter-$44 USD
Vegetable Glycerin - USP Kosher - 1 Gallon -$27.99
Propylene Glycol - USP Kosher - 1 Gallon-$29.99

Then I get my flavoring from MT. Baker Vapor.(http://www.mtbakervapor.com) I really enjoy their flavoring.

Mt.Baker flavoring - $3 for 15 ml of concentrated flavoring

Anyone else know any tips and tricks let me know. Thanks.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #382 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 16:10:35 »
Hey all, Have any of you guys considered making your own e-liquid. I started making my own a few months ago and it has saved my tons of money. Its also always fun acting like I'm a chemist mixing the PG, VG and nicotine.  If you guys have I'd like to know who your turned out and what distributors you go to.
I go to Hartland Vapes (http://wholesale.heartlandvapes.com/)
Nicotine Solution - 100mg Liter-$44 USD
Vegetable Glycerin - USP Kosher - 1 Gallon -$27.99
Propylene Glycol - USP Kosher - 1 Gallon-$29.99

Then I get my flavoring from MT. Baker Vapor.(http://www.mtbakervapor.com) I really enjoy their flavoring.

Mt.Baker flavoring - $3 for 15 ml of concentrated flavoring

Anyone else know any tips and tricks let me know. Thanks.

Wow, 2 gallons of juice would take me MONTHS to go through.  And I am hoping to be done with my vape in a month of so.  I started about 9 months ago as a cigg replacement/quitting tool.  Only had a couple since then and only because I either forgot my vape at home, or battery died at work and it was on the charger. 
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Trent

« Reply #383 on: Sat, 21 March 2015, 14:23:52 »

Ugh.

Yes I understand, but it'd be difficult to determine old stock when purchasing replacement cartridges...  So who the hell knows what you're buying from who (at least for a reasonable duration until it could be safely assumed that all of the old stock was out).

I'm rethinking my interest in the 26650 mod and leaning back to the dual 18650...  Back to the drawing board.
I hate fun

Offline shiver905

« Reply #384 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 15:13:15 »
I Vape thread, Im home :P

Offline siegel2014

« Reply #385 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 08:07:25 »
You guys need to keep an eye out for MFS (MyFreedomSmokes) website for a mystery mod box. It cost only $40 USD.
The items you are guaranteed
    * A mechanical mod and corresponding battery (or, if you are lucky, a MVP 3.0 Box Mod)
    *  An RDA/RBA atomizer
    *60 ml of premium Cloud Sauce or SubJuice max VG e-liquid (All liquids are 3mg only)
     Total minimum retail value $75

My Friends and I ordered 6 one for everyone. We all grabbed a random package and opened it up. Mine was an MVP 3.0 with a dark horse rba. With SubJuice e-liquid. I got an awesome deal worth way more than the $40. BUT the major issue my friends had they all got a mech mod and two of them did not get the corresponding 1850 battery. So they are **** out of luck there.  If you have the supplies like batteries and kethal wire and wicks,  I'd say GO for it.

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/mod-mystery-box.html

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #386 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 22:45:36 »
I Vape thread, Im home :P
Show Image

Show Image

gonna need you to send me that in'ax. thanks.

nice gear btw.

Offline LarsMarkelson

« Reply #387 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 18:59:52 »
NM!
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 April 2015, 00:49:47 by LarsMarkelson »

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #388 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 03:24:11 »
So I just picked up the Kanger Subtank Mini a couple days ago, and it's been really great. Definitely a nice upgrade to my Aspire Nautilus I was using before. Works great with my MVP 3.0.

The mini-RBA is pretty neat, I've never tried making a coil before so I've now had the opportunity. Seems like something that could be cool to get into more seriously later on.

Anyone else have the Subtank, or an Atlantis?

I went with the Subtank over the Atlantis because of the rebuildable coils, and the bigger liquid capacity.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline lookitdisnub

« Reply #389 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 01:32:48 »
So I just picked up the Kanger Subtank Mini a couple days ago, and it's been really great. Definitely a nice upgrade to my Aspire Nautilus I was using before. Works great with my MVP 3.0.

The mini-RBA is pretty neat, I've never tried making a coil before so I've now had the opportunity. Seems like something that could be cool to get into more seriously later on.

Anyone else have the Subtank, or an Atlantis?

I went with the Subtank over the Atlantis because of the rebuildable coils, and the bigger liquid capacity.

Subtank mini was my first good tank. I liked the OCC coils a lot but the RBA section didn't have great juice channels so I would get dry hits from chain vaping. I've since gotten a Youde Goliath and that's my go to tank for on the road.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #390 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 12:56:32 »
Subtank mini/nano is the only tank I use now.  All other preman coils are inferior to their's.

Offline lukas21

« Reply #391 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 23:59:47 »
Ive been keeping up with this thread for awhile now and love the input. I also recommend like others have before to DIY methods because ultimately it comes out to be much cheaper than always buying liquids.... But I also understand that other people may not care as much about spending a little money on eliquids instead of coming up with some horrendous flavors (I have had my fair batch of those )

Whenever I'm not making eliquids myself I usually get my juices from WeVapor (http://wevapor.com) but it is important to note that you shouldnt use these liquids in a dripper... but in a tank they are great. I have tried them in a dripper and it is simply to overwhelming.

Anyways I would also love to hear where some of you get your DIY supplies from bc I'm looking to switch up my supplier  :cool:

Offline Bludude4

« Reply #392 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 21:21:01 »
I've been vaping for a few months now, switching over from cigarettes. (I was smoking for 2 years prior to switching, so I'm nicotine dependent.)  I got a Kangertech E-Vod, and it's worked well, the original coil is still going strong. My current bottle that I'm vaping is called Melon Drop, with 24 milligrams of nicotine. However, the tank for it just cracked, and I was looking for some recommendations for a replacement that can fit in a ~$20 budget.
All hail Hall Effect keyboards!
I'm a QFR Blues noob.
WASD keycaps are terrible.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #393 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 22:27:18 »
I've been vaping for a few months now, switching over from cigarettes. (I was smoking for 2 years prior to switching, so I'm nicotine dependent.)  I got a Kangertech E-Vod, and it's worked well, the original coil is still going strong. My current bottle that I'm vaping is called Melon Drop, with 24 milligrams of nicotine. However, the tank for it just cracked, and I was looking for some recommendations for a replacement that can fit in a ~$20 budget.

For something like a e-vod I would go with a protank mini2, or mini3.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Bludude4

« Reply #394 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 00:42:26 »

Thanks.  And then something like a Vision Spinner for a battery?
I'm a QFR Blues noob.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #395 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 00:49:13 »

You can, but protank minis will work with your e-vod battery.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Bludude4

« Reply #396 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 01:02:38 »

You can, but protank minis will work with your e-vod battery.

Okay. My E-vod battery isn't that good anyways.
I'm a QFR Blues noob.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #397 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 07:56:25 »
picked up the Volcano Inferno E-Cig whilst GH was down,

i havent had a real cigarette since getting it 4 days ago,

as a smoker for 12 years i can say, vaping is some serious alternative stuff. I'm not even craving a real cigarette, amazed

in loves
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #398 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 08:04:15 »
Are there any serious concerns or health risks in vaping? Google has some listed but I'm curious if any of you guys are actually worried about anything. I also read up on the news that some vapes actually explode which is kind of scary but perhaps that is only if you get the cheap kind (Same as cheap keyboards dying or crappy switches failing early)?

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #399 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 08:12:14 »
Are there any serious concerns or health risks in vaping? Google has some listed but I'm curious if any of you guys are actually worried about anything. I also read up on the news that some vapes actually explode which is kind of scary but perhaps that is only if you get the cheap kind (Same as cheap keyboards dying or crappy switches failing early)?

im weary of technology, but as a smoker already i couldnt find anything but positive advice to switching. Less toxins and controlling nicotine levels gradually until you hit 0mg. Im very impressed and hopeful that this will end smoking cigs in this generation. With that said i cant really speak on non smokers to start vaping. I dont see the point unless you are already addicted to nicotine and trying an alternative or using it to quit.
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one