Author Topic: Same Sex Marriage  (Read 18507 times)

Offline JoeC

Re: Same Sex Marriage
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 21:29:31 »
The more I think about it, and the more it's brought up, isn't it just paying the government for the right to file joint taxes?  Take away the church, the priest, the ring, the cake, the dress or not dress, and what's left?  Just a piece of paper and two people.

But I guess that's basically summarizing what has already been posted in this thread.  ¯\(°_o)/¯
Lurk Moar!!!!!

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 22:24:41 »
WAIT!

What are your feelings on bonding between other species.  Why are we allowing animals to pair under the pretense of carnal lust in our back yards?  Nay, our own homes in the case of some people.

How is it justified that something humps something else without our express concern or intervention into the issue?

Should there be government regulation?  Should there be church regulation?  THE RULES OR LACK THEREOF CONFUSE ME AND I NEED AN ADULT!!!
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline tbc

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 22:34:01 »
The more I think about it, and the more it's brought up, isn't it just paying the government for the right to file joint taxes?  Take away the church, the priest, the ring, the cake, the dress or not dress, and what's left?  Just a piece of paper and two people.

But I guess that's basically summarizing what has already been posted in this thread.  ¯\(°_o)/¯

DING DING DING

people are basically complaining about who owns a word (church vs state vs progressives).  marriage is a business transaction nowadays (it's called a prenup).

there is no such thing as 'sanctity of marriage' when the divorce rate is above 0 for religious couples.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 22:38:55 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 23:55:46 »
You can have a marriage that doesn't involve god, that is recognised by the law. So why does christianity or religion of any kind have to come into it? If people want a Christian wedding then it just falls on the church to accept or reject it, not the government or the people. The church in the UK has already said it's fine with it all, if that's what you really want.

Obligatory love thy neighbour etc etc, stone a woman if she isn't a virgin counter argument etc etc.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 02:15:50 »
WAIT!

What are your feelings on bonding between other species.  Why are we allowing animals to pair under the pretense of carnal lust in our back yards?  Nay, our own homes in the case of some people.

How is it justified that something humps something else without our express concern or intervention into the issue?

Should there be government regulation?  Should there be church regulation?  THE RULES OR LACK THEREOF CONFUSE ME AND I NEED AN ADULT!!!

sexual bonding i'm not so sure about. i am 100% in favor of chemical and surgical bonding of animals to one another in the attempt to create multi-life forms capable of flattening houses and causing as much chaos as possible, like elephants with tigers attached to their legs.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 02:18:34 »
WAIT!

sexual bonding i'm not so sure about. i am 100% in favor of chemical and surgical bonding of animals to one another in the attempt to create multi-life forms capable of flattening houses and causing as much chaos as possible, like elephants with tigers attached to their legs.

You'd make a good agent of CHAOS.
64540-0

Down with the Imperium of Man!

^Disclaimer for those sensitive about this humandkind not mankind bull****, I'm sorry. I didn't name these factions.
All the more reason for you to join CHAOS though.

« Last Edit: Tue, 13 May 2014, 02:21:05 by the1onewolf »

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 02:20:35 »
How does marriage work in the US by the way?
Here in The Netherlands there is a distinct difference between a civil marriage and a religious one. But you are not allowed to have a religious marriage if there hasn't already been a civil marriage. Meaning that a religious marriage is just a ceremony that has no legal basis at all even though religious couples often see the civil marriage as the ceremony instead.

It is the law's way of saying:"I don't care if you want to marry in a church, a synagoge, mosque or on a train platform surrounded by Star Wars fans holding Model M keyboards that they toss at the bride as a sign of good luck. You are not married until you get married by law. Your personal convictions are your business."
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 02:32:26 »
How does marriage work in the US by the way?
Here in The Netherlands there is a distinct difference between a civil marriage and a religious one. But you are not allowed to have a religious marriage if there hasn't already been a civil marriage. Meaning that a religious marriage is just a ceremony that has no legal basis at all even though religious couples often see the civil marriage as the ceremony instead.

It is the law's way of saying:"I don't care if you want to marry in a church, a synagoge, mosque or on a train platform surrounded by Star Wars fans holding Model M keyboards that they toss at the bride as a sign of good luck. You are not married until you get married by law. Your personal convictions are your business."

It's defined by the individual state here. For a marriage to be legal it's something like you have to fill out a marriage license and have it officiated. You can usually have it done by a judge, clergy or you can ask anybody to officiate for you or do it as he/she goes through some process and it depends on some local jurisdiction.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 May 2014, 02:34:37 by the1onewolf »

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 09:36:49 »
Briefing over this thread is very amusing.
So many people with such strong opinions based on nothing other than how they were raised.
Laws defining modern marriage and any idea of religion, monogamy, polygamy, or homo/heterosexuality was created long after
naturally occurring relationships took place.
Naturally occurring relationships that encompass both gay and straight ANIMALS.
Humans are animals.

Let go of your opinions and work with some facts.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 09:56:31 »
Briefing over this thread is very amusing.
So many people with such strong opinions based on nothing other than how they were raised.
Laws defining modern marriage and any idea of religion, monogamy, polygamy, or homo/heterosexuality was created long after
naturally occurring relationships took place.
Naturally occurring relationships that encompass both gay and straight ANIMALS.
Humans are animals.

Let go of your opinions and work with some facts.

Fact: Bats have seven wings.
Fact: Dogs can breath sand.
Fact: Shaving is for dolphins.
Fact: Give me a dollar.
Fact: visit my blog.
Fact: Crazy Cool Ceyboard Click Clacks are handily crafted by Crispin Clackusaganathan in the Himalayas.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 10:03:41 »
4 is a demand, and 5 is a request. The rest are indeed facts.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 11:58:46 »
Same sex marriage should be outlawed by the federal government.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 12:00:39 »

no
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 12:02:47 »

You only say that because nobody will marry you.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 12:12:34 »

Ouch. Shots fired.
tp thread is tp thread

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 12:14:24 »

But Windows, a piece of software, is an inaminate object, which can not be legally married anyways. Unless the federal government changes that.....
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 13:15:05 »
Well i'd rather marry a Mac anyways.
It's less likely to have an STD.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 14:34:51 »

Macs are stupid. No reason to marry one of those. You'd be better off marrying what my neighbor's dog left in my front yard today.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 14:37:56 »

Macs are stupid. No reason to marry one of those. You'd be better off marrying what my neighbor's dog left in my front yard today.

well HAH.
Jokes on you! That ugly turd will be absorbed into nature and become part of something beautiful.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #120 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 14:39:12 »

well HAH.
Jokes on you! That ugly turd will be absorbed into nature and become part of something beautiful.

And a Mac won't. Because it's even ****ter than dog turds. And, it's made out of non-environmentally friendly aluminum and plastic materials.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 14:40:41 »

well HAH.

And a Mac won't. Because it's even ****ter than dog turds. And, it's made out of non-environmentally friendly aluminum and plastic materials.
At least my lap will never be cold.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 14:41:41 »

well HAH.

Why? Because you sit on dog turds?

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 14:44:24 »

well HAH.

cuz Mac's run hot baby ;)

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 14:46:55 »

well HAH.

Maybe that's a good thing. If enough Mac users put those laptops on their laps long enough, they won't be part of the gene pool in the next generation. Which, of course, means less Mac users. And then Windows will be victorious!

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 14:55:26 »

well HAH.

Maybe that's a good thing. If enough Mac users put those laptops on their laps long enough, they won't be part of the gene pool in the next generation. Which, of course, means less Mac users. And then Windows will be victorious!

That would be great except Windows is so bad, more and more people are forced to use Macs everyday.
Windows has doomed the entire human race to die.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 16:34:15 »
Ubuntu
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Malphas

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 16:54:35 »
Neckbeards.

(Are we playing word association now?)

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 16:58:58 »
Neckbeards.

Sir, it's a free country. You can do whatever the f∆¢£ you want.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 17:17:55 »
Neckbeards.

the people are free in america
great, i need a servant

also text ****
سروهقيرةحغيسدرمخايسزركحفثسطرمححبيصضدوحليزوم
迟早中国与斤
фьнкрдсдд
דמצלטאהמתחי
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 17:34:10 »
Neckbeards.

great, i need a servant

also text ****
迟早中国与斤
фьнкрдсдд
דמצלטאהמתחי

DHS would like to have a word with you.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 17:46:06 »
Neckbeards.

great, i need a servant

also text ****
迟早中国与斤
фьнкрдсдд
דמצלטאהמתחי

DHS would like to have a word with you.
I bet they would.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 18:16:51 »
5 pages is enough.  Thanks for playing everyone.