Author Topic: [GB] GMK DMG - A Gameboy inspired keyset FINAL DAY MOQ REACHED  (Read 139495 times)

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
  • Because You Need the Feels...
    • The Key Dot Company
[GB] GMK DMG - A Gameboy inspired keyset FINAL DAY MOQ REACHED
« on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 17:07:45 »

Christmas morning 1989. Many of us tore into a wrapped package containing one of these and played it tirelessly until you ran out of AA batteries. Or until it got dark. Or until our parents yelled at us to take out the trash or shovel snow.
GMK DMG is our take on this classic. Bring a bit of nostalgia to your battlestation or workspace.

BASE KIT - $169.00

Includes 156 keys to cover a majority of the most popular layouts including 104, TKL, 1800, HHKB, FC660, 60% and many more. ISO enter and complimenting keys are also included, as well as 6.25u and 7u spacebars.
Featuring a variety of novelty keys that bring nostalgia including the A/B buttons, D-Pad arrow cluster, Battery indicator cap, and START SELECT mods. Just like you remember it!
MOQ 250 units

POCKET KIT - $48.00

Due to the ever-increasing popularity of 40% keyboards, we've given the 40% layout its own kit. Cost minded and small, the 40s kit offers a nice compliment to fill out your CandyBar, MiniVan, MechMini, JD40, Planck (and others) with the proper keys. While not all variations on the layout are represented in order to keep the price affordable, we think we did a pretty good job of giving you what you need. MOQ 100 units

SPACE KIT - $22.00

The spacebar kit includes a variety of the most popular spacebar sizes in DMG's complimentary color (Gameboy Button Magenta). MOQ 100 units

Includes 6.25u, 7u, 6u Center Stem, Convex 1u (x2) and 2u, as well as standard 2.25u and 2.75u blanks.

ACCESSORIES

We have Gameboy themed deskmats, mousepads and stickers available:  https://thekey.company/collections/gb-gmk-dmg/products/dmg-deskmats-stickers
We also have matching cables from the finest cable maker on the scene - Zap Cables: https://thekey.company/collections/gb-gmk-dmg/products/dmg-themed-cables-by-zapcables.
We're also working with a couple of great artisan makers to make some DMG themed artisans so watch this space.

ABOUT THE KIT

Designed by u/futurecrime
    Manufactured by GMK in Germany
    Long Lasting 1.5mm Thick Doubleshot ABS Plastic
    GMK Cherry Profile
    Renders by Janglad

The set will be color matched by GMK to an actual Gameboy!

TIMELINE

GB Runs for 4 weeks. Lead time I expect is 16 - 20 weeks because of the holidays and the color matching process (Im being very generous).
2019 will be the thirtieth anniversary of the Gameboy's launch, a perfect time to dress your keyboard up to celebrate.

Thermal board by Wilba

M65a by RAMA

280 by Noxary

Minitomic by maartenwut

THANKS FOR PLAYING!
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 December 2018, 17:46:05 by TheKeyCompany »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB] GMK DMG - A Gameboy inspired keyset
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 17:23:55 »
Approved :D Pleas add a little timeline so we know ETA dates etc!
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline newbatthis

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 17:26:12 »
hello this looks nice

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 18:13:16 »
Gorgeous set - GLWB! 

Offline txclack

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 18:31:43 »
Love it!  Hope the colormatching is exact!

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 20:23:28 »
Looking forward to seeing this in person!

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 21:33:24 »
i wanna see the real samples! cuz the gmk keysets these days aren't exactly similar as of the rendering

Offline wixxzblu

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 23:45:14 »
It's too expensive Jason.
There are so many unnecessary keys in the base kit.
13 novelty keys, 2 scroll locks, 4 different caps lock/control keys, 2 iso enters, 00 key.

It may not sound that bad, but when you count all of them together it's quite a lot of keys that increase the. 'base' price.

I really want to get this set, but I'm not at all confident it will hit MOQ with such an expensive base kit. Modern dolch was just $145 and it sold really well, even carbon on massdrop is having a tough time at $169.

Offline upintheclouds

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 01:01:43 »
So does one need the pocket kit and spacebars kit to cover 2x2u spacebars? It looks like there's only one 2u in the spacebars kit, or possibly that the 2.25u is missing.

Offline bdkrzy

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 05:35:42 »
Really really want to pick up a set but $170 for base kit. Fuuuu I'm sad 😫

Offline MMKB

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 15:37:35 »
The set has a lot of interesting details

Offline poodude

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 01:14:22 »
I really like the set, but far too expensive imo. This would be perfect as a JTK set. The new JTK HyperFuse set includes the base plus 2 add-on kits for $95.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 02:37:01 »
Joined the buy. How are the numbers looking for day 1.
Also is it still possible to add a stepped cap locks without led screen? Almost all other gmk sets I owned have them, what is the rational behind removing it? Cheers.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 15:44:27 »
Still interested in this, but not sure if finances will pan out. We'll see.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 09:00:07 »
Nice looking set. GLWB my friend

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 06:14:31 »
hello this looks nice

Gorgeous set - GLWB! 

Looking forward to seeing this in person!

The set has a lot of interesting details

Nice looking set. GLWB my friend

Thanks for the support you guys. Really hoping this hits MOQ...

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 06:22:39 »
Love it!  Hope the colormatching is exact!

i wanna see the real samples! cuz the gmk keysets these days aren't exactly similar as of the rendering

Samples won't get made until the order is submitted, but rest assured I wouldn't approve a sample until I'm 100% happy with it.

So does one need the pocket kit and spacebars kit to cover 2x2u spacebars? It looks like there's only one 2u in the spacebars kit, or possibly that the 2.25u is missing.

Yes you'd need both kits. Thanks for pointing this out, the spacebar kit render does appear to be incorrect, we've requested a new one from GMK. It should have 1 each of 2u, 2.25u and 2.75u.

Joined the buy. How are the numbers looking for day 1.
Also is it still possible to add a stepped cap locks without led screen? Almost all other gmk sets I owned have them, what is the rational behind removing it? Cheers.

Thanks for joining, Oko. Base kit is currently around 60 sold I believe. And sorry about the non-window stepped capslock, it was lost in the post IC survey cap re-jig.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 November 2018, 06:28:25 by futurecrime »

Offline dantambok

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 07:53:17 »
Ordered a set and space bars! Really hoping this gets to MOQ.
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 08:52:18 »
Ordered a set and space bars! Really hoping this gets to MOQ.

Cheers mate!

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 08:52:51 »

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 08:56:43 »
Nice publicity!

Offline Kurisu666

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 14:53:45 »
The kit was featured on Kotaku!

https://kotaku.com/now-your-keyboard-can-match-your-game-boy-1830406577

From the article,

"Or you could just wait until around April 2019, when the sets hit the street and folks start selling them on Reddit’s Mechmarket."

I don't like that they said this since it assumes this will hit MOQ and people should just ignore the fact that the group buyers are the one's who really made it happen and they can just come later and reap the benefits. They should have put more emphasis on joining the group buy and really contributing to it rather than waiting for resellers when the set ships and people realize how great it looks.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 16:13:19 »

From the article,

"Or you could just wait until around April 2019, when the sets hit the street and folks start selling them on Reddit’s Mechmarket."

I don't like that they said this since it assumes this will hit MOQ and people should just ignore the fact that the group buyers are the one's who really made it happen and they can just come later and reap the benefits. They should have put more emphasis on joining the group buy and really contributing to it rather than waiting for resellers when the set ships and people realize how great it looks.

Pretty annoying but it hasppens alot, hell alot of people buy 4+ sets and sell them at profit, seen it a bunch of times.. so its not entirely un true.

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 17:30:57 »

From the article,

Pretty annoying but it hasppens alot, hell alot of people buy 4+ sets and sell them at profit, seen it a bunch of times.. so its not entirely un true.

Every time I see people buying 4+ sets for reselling purpose, I always feel so glad :). As long as they help us to achieve the MOQ and unlock the next price tier, I don't see that being any different than what a vendor would do. We need more of those guys in our community to help bring costs down for real, especially with all the price increasing trend with both SP and GMK  :))

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 17:33:45 »

From the article,

Every time I see people buying 4+ sets for reselling purpose, I always feel so glad :). As long as they help us to achieve the MOQ and unlock the next price tier, I don't see that being any different than what a vendor would do. We need more of those guys in our community to help bring costs down for real, especially with all the price increasing trend with both SP and GMK  :))

pretty much this

those people help the normal people get to MOQ so i deem them a necessary evil
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 17:38:20 »

pretty much this

those people help the normal people get to MOQ so i deem them a necessary evil
Right? If it's a limited number of sets available, then that would be a different story. But since these are all pre-production, the more number of sets get ordered, the better the price would be available for all of us. So hell yes, if anyone is interested in picking up 50 sets for flipping purpose, but all mean, help yourself out lol

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 17:48:54 »
i could care less wish a few would hop on carbon i buy what i want. dont need to buy from the scalpers lol, i was just saying that whoever wrote the article is not wrong there will be sets for sale on mm
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 November 2018, 18:12:23 by Jkush463 »

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 08:28:18 »
Ok right so just to clarify, these sets won't be available on r/mm if we don't hit MOQ so if anyone feels like buying 5, 10, or 250 sets please be my guest.

In other news, the set is now up at mykeyboard.eu:

https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/gmk-dmg-base-kit_814/

https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/gmk-dmg-space-kit_813/

https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/gmk-dmg-pocket-kit_812/

Offline rooski15

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 10:39:57 »
Out of curiosity - how are the numbers looking?

I'm already in for one of each, wish I could do more. :)

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 13:45:31 »

Same curious on numbers as im in for one of each, hope it makes it id buy 10 if there werent so many other thing going on and xmas on the way.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 November 2018, 22:57:43 by Jkush463 »

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 17:18:43 »

Same curious on numbers as im in for one of each, hope it makes it id buy 10 if there weret so any other thing going on and xmas on the way.

Thanks guys I appreciate the support. I think we're around 70 base sold, which is behind where we'd like to be at this point tbh, but not dead in the water. I'll get solid figures off Jason probably after the weekend, he's crazy busy at the moment nevermind the fact that it's Thanksgiving.

In the meantime I advise everyone to take their Black Friday money and invest in this set instead of some unspectacular tech offer for some crap you don't really need that will only lose value anyway.  :-*

Offline Punchy Lab

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 10:39:17 »
I need the set in my life. It's the time now.

Offline stevits

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 00:10:59 »
In for 2 base, 2 space.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 07:18:17 »
In for 2 base, 2 space.

Muchas gracias!

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 11:36:52 »
Is it payday? Why not treat yourself to these fine caps right here. You've earned it. Approximately ten days left in the GB. Let's go!

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 16:40:36 »
Everyone go take there paycheck and invest in GMK DMG you wont regret it.

Offline darthzero

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 17:24:35 »
Could you give us up to date numbers?
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 17:37:29 »
Let's make this awesome throwback set happen people :)

Offline newbatthis

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 17:50:59 »
Yeah will this happen? Need to decide if I'm gonna join Bone Carbon (last day) or this.

Offline rooski15

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 17:38:34 »
Looking for a #s update, if it's available?

We're in the last week and I am curious how it's looking. I don't really have the funds for a second, but if we're close I can try to see about pulling something together.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 21:30:27 »
Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates. Here is where we stand:

Base: 92
Pocket: 21
Space: 62 

The numbers arent great, but Ive committed to buying up to 75 sets with my own money, and zF has committed to 35. That being said, we need 48 more base kits to sell to hit MOQ. Thats nothing! I propose to extend the GB by one week to give extra time. If you want to make this set happen, spread the word, and help us hit!

*If we dont hit MOQ I will offer the option to still have the stickers and desk mats made, and issue refunds promptly.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 22:30:16 »
hope we get that last week rush seems attainable ill pick another up.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 05:21:57 »
I propose to extend the GB by one week to give extra time.

I'll pick up an extra set from ZF if the GB gets extended 'til the 17th

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 15:27:22 »
hope we get that last week rush seems attainable ill pick another up.

I propose to extend the GB by one week to give extra time.

I'll pick up an extra set from ZF if the GB gets extended 'til the 17th

Thanks for the love, guys.

Offline Cktenders

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 15:38:44 »
Yep, placed my order yesterday as well.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 16:01:55 »
I'd like to draw attention to the novelties in this kit because they're not explicitly listed in the GB post and they're scattered around the base kit image a bit. There's FIFTEEN novelty caps in the base kit. FIF-TEEN. One Five. But some of them are quite subtle, so here's the list:

2x 1u R4 button novelties on alpha colour.
2x 1u R4 button novelties on mod colour.
2x 1.25u R4 button novelties on mod colour.
D-pad arrow cluster w/ mod colour legends on N9 base.
1x 1u R4 Start novelty on mod colour.
1x 1u R4 Select novelty on mod colour.
1x 1.25u R4 Start novelty on mod colour.
1x 1.25u R4 Select novelty on mod colour.
1x 1u R1 battery novelty on mod colour windowed cap.

This set could make MOQ and become a reality, but we're not quite there yet and time is getting tight so if you're on the fence, please do jump off it and squash that checkout button like a koopa trooper. This is gonna be a fine way to celebrate the Gameboy's thirtieth birthday.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 16:18:45 »
Any updates on artisan collaborations?  Maybe that is the spicy detail this GB needs!

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 17:09:50 »
please 40 more people join, im dying for this set.

Offline poodude

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 21:42:32 »
I'll jump in for $100.

Offline newbatthis

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 22:51:39 »
Get it guys. This is a gorgeous set  ;D