Author Topic: [IC] Blank White PBT for 60%  (Read 2422 times)

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
[IC] Blank White PBT for 60%
« on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 14:34:50 »
Here is what i'm thinking... Signature plastics is selling blank white PBT right now for $37 + shipping to get an 87-key TKL set. Thats not bad in itself, but I wonder if we couldn't get a better deal by ordering 25-27 less keys.

Pure owners might have the option of buying a 'pure mod set' that just includes the needed short shift and extra 1x1 for a small additional charge.

I don't have any experience running GBs either, so if this has a lot of interest and some is either willing to help me host it or host it themselves that'd be awesome.
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: [IC] Blank White PBT for 60%
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 14:38:42 »
Man you *REALLY* want to save $10 don't you?

I would not be interested in this. Options are good. TKL set means I can fit the set on TKL and a 60% board. I'd rather pay the extra $10-20 that you're hoping to save to have a more flexible set.

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 14:40:41 »
Man you *REALLY* want to save $10 don't you?

I would not be interested in this. Options are good. TKL set means I can fit the set on TKL and a 60% board. I'd rather pay the extra $10-20 that you're hoping to save to have a more flexible set.

I'm not exactly loaded, so yeah.
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 14:42:06 »
Doesn't it make sense to invest in a larger set then? So you can transfer the sets from board to board? Instead of buying a set specifically for one board? So you don't have to buy another set later...

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 14:43:00 »
I suppose for some people that would make sense. But not for others. What if they only have 60% boards? I've seen many people in here who own 3-4 of them.

EDIT: Also, some of us don't like to play dress-up with our keyboards. We buy keycaps and keep them on there.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 July 2013, 15:17:56 by pixel5 »
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 15:58:32 »
I think asking someone to volunteer to run a whole GB and dealing with all the logistics, so you can save a few bucks, is just too much. Just skip eating out once and you've saved enough to get your own TKL set  ;)