Author Topic: [GB] GMK JIS | Shipping  (Read 91387 times)

Offline 2Moons

Re: [GB] GMK JIS | GB Closed | CHOOSE THE FONT until Nov 24th
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 20 November 2022, 18:48:38 »
I have voted (I voted 2), but more than any personal preference or aesthetic consideration I think that this set should be no more or less than a JIS equivalent of the standard GMK WoB, and that people may well want to pair it with keys from that set, so whichever is closer to the standard GMK legends is the one that should be used.

(All this is assuming the only thing under discussion is the typeface and not the legends themselves… obviously the legends should be those that were shown in the original renders, i.e. the 0 key should have the を legend on it, as Serika and Striker do and Laser does not, etc.)

This would be more of an issue if the second base kit made MOQ, the one without hiragana sublegends. There is GMK WoB Hiragana but that is only hiragana legends.

Offline 2Moons

Re: [GB] GMK JIS | GB Closed | UPDATE 4.5u Spacebars Sent to GMK (in comments)
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 20 November 2022, 18:52:52 »
I was asked yesterday which font I wanted to use for GMK JIS. Please vote:
https://forms.gle/6bprJeLZ3ySS1Ndd6
Show Image

Number 1. GMK Laser, Red Samurai Font
Show Image

Number 2. Serika R2, Striker R2 Font
Show Image

Voting will close November 24th

Looking at the examples listed, it appears there are three versions of Hiragana sub-legends available for the bracket/brace keycaps.

Show Image

Option 1 examples show two different versions.  Call Laser's Version A, and Red Samurai's Version B.

Option 2 Serika and Striker both show Version C.

Also, the Hiragana sub-legends for the period/greater than and forward slash/question mark keycaps are different between Option 1 and Option 2.

Also, almost all Numrow Hiragana sub-legends are different between Option 1 and Option 2
Show Image

I'm not sure which version of Hiragana sub-legends is best, but maybe this is the more important question?

Regarding the preferred thickness of Latin legends, looking at photos of actual GMK keycaps would be better.  I don't think these kit renders capture the actual product with 100% accuracy.  For example, all four legends on the single quote/double quote and semicolon/colon keycaps look different.

Edit: additions in italics

This is some really great work. I really appreciate the time and effort that went into this. One factor vendors were interested in was which one was closest to the renders. Actually neither were perfect because the GMK Samurai font is closed source. At the time myself and other people didn't even know that Serika was a separate font. Even though it does look close.

Offline Pach

Re: [GB] GMK JIS | November 14th - December 14th
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 06 March 2023, 15:35:02 »
Good luck with GB, 2Moons!
Can't wait to see the finished product when it finally shipped!

Thank you so much, that means a lot!

We're finally here! This is hype

Edit: Speaking of, I heard that you were planning to make h87 compatible PCBs (and others) for the JIS layout. Got any info on how that's going? and shouldn't need any different plates, right?

87c JIS PCB sitting in my house waiting to go to GB with all of it done. Might need a plate.
88 JIS PCB is already done and should go to group buy really soon. With plates and everything done!
60 percent JIS PCB - Ai03 has one out and I'll be coming out with one after I get plates done.
Safa TKL will offer a JIS ready plate with a 3u spacebar. I have a prototype with the proper plate and I'll be doing a build stream for it soon.
There is a 65% JIS in the hopper which needs a prototype.

In addition people are already adding JIS kitting to new GMK keycap sets! Very exciting!

Been checking in on this on and off because it might be interesting for my next build, what's the news on the 87c JIS PCB/plate and is there a way or somewhere to buy it now?

Offline XBLRad

Re: [GB] GMK JIS | GB Closed | Serika Font
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 19 April 2023, 18:41:41 »
Is there an ETA on shipping yet?

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 19 April 2023, 21:23:35 »
Is there an ETA on shipping yet?

They said early June.

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 21:48:15 »
Mekibo is saying coming soon. Which means it is likely to ship out from GMK this month. We asked that whoever gets theirs opens one and gives pictures of the new legends and spacebar.

Offline armintehgreat

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 08 July 2023, 20:00:40 »
Now that this is being delivered soon, does anyone have a source for 4.5u stabilizer wires? Was going to build my Safa in JIS but having difficulty finding one.

Offline Arrinura

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 09 July 2023, 12:44:20 »
Now that this is being delivered soon, does anyone have a source for 4.5u stabilizer wires? Was going to build my Safa in JIS but having difficulty finding one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32855603554.html

There you go, just make sure to ask them for 4.5u wires.

Offline armintehgreat

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 10 July 2023, 02:09:18 »

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32855603554.html

There you go, just make sure to ask them for 4.5u wires.

Thanks!

Offline 2Moons

Re: [GB] GMK JIS | Shipping
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 11 July 2023, 20:04:13 »
Just basing it off this picture alone, I'm pretty happy with the result. Even though what we submitted wasn't perfect, they were able to get it correct in the Serika font. I'd really like to see measurements of the 4.5u though, including stabilizer width.

« Last Edit: Tue, 11 July 2023, 20:28:02 by 2Moons »

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 14 July 2023, 11:04:18 »
Is it actually shipping? Haven't really heard anything from vendors.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 14 July 2023, 11:34:24 »

US customers was contacted for the last address change on July 6th. Fulfillment started July 13th.
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 17 July 2023, 11:22:34 »

US customers was contacted for the last address change on July 6th. Fulfillment started July 13th.

Ah i see. I got my set from Mykeyboard.EU and it seems they are in problems with cashflow so i guess i may never see my set.  :confused:
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline MentholMoose

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 09 August 2023, 01:58:46 »
I'm in the US and received my preorder from KBDfans in late July.
MentholMoose

Offline zeronova

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 27 January 2024, 21:54:34 »
is GMK JIS affected by the crooked 1.5u alt and ctrl keys?

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 30 January 2024, 13:05:42 »
is GMK JIS affected by the crooked 1.5u alt and ctrl keys?

Not that I have seen. I opened 2 sets myself to take some pics and they are not crooked.
==============
https://mekibo.com/