Author Topic: [IC] AKI-S 65% | Renovated #1 | New info much amazing, so wow [21/4/21]  (Read 175007 times)

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
Re: [IC] AKI-S 65% | added IC form
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 01:39:49 »
really interesting design. i like it but i'm having trouble with the side view

Show Image

is the red flush with the top case?

Show Image

looks flush on this angle too

Show Image

but exploded view makes it look like it's recessed? lul what am i missing here.

I'm assuming you're asking the middle piece
It's a middle brass weight that holds the plate and PCB tgt in between top and bottom case.

yes, i'm talking about the middle brass weight. is it flush on the sides with the top case?

Offline Zylkan

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 01:55:56 »
Before I fill in that IC form. Is there any idea on the price range yet?
Just to know if I'm losing my time

Thanks

Looking at around 350, we will try to push it sub 350
currently we are still unknown of this because the blueprint has not locked down and finalized yet
there are still some changes need to be made here and there, which will affect the price eventually
Thank you very much!

Cheers

Offline AnomalousFox

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 02:03:17 »
Absolutely Beautiful. Hoping this makes it to production.a

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 02:15:45 »
really interesting design. i like it but i'm having trouble with the side view

Show Image

is the red flush with the top case?

Show Image

looks flush on this angle too

Show Image

but exploded view makes it look like it's recessed? lul what am i missing here.

I'm assuming you're asking the middle piece
It's a middle brass weight that holds the plate and PCB tgt in between top and bottom case.

yes, i'm talking about the middle brass weight. is it flush on the sides with the top case?

Nope, the top case will protrude a bit

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 08:59:43 »
This is a very nice design, however the non-standard bottom row is a deal-breaker for me.

I'd need a 1.25 - 1.25 - 1.25 - 6.25 - 1.25 - 1.25 bottom row at the least (with arrows to the right of course).

Offline delrn

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 09:02:24 »
This is a very nice design, however the non-standard bottom row is a deal-breaker for me.

I'd need a 1.25 - 1.25 - 1.25 - 6.25 - 1.25 - 1.25 bottom row at the least (with arrows to the right of course).
This is a very standard Tsangan layout bottom row, most GMK sets will have compatibility OOTB with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 10:46:21 »
Def in for one of these. Any chance we can get a working Bluetooth pcb for this? o.o

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 12:40:11 »

This is a very standard Tsangan layout bottom row, most GMK sets will have compatibility OOTB with it.

Sorry, meant non-standard for me. And that's a WK layout AFAIK. Traditional tsangan is 1.5 - 1 - 1.5 - 7 - 1.5 - 1 - 1.5, right?

Offline ElKapitain

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 13:02:47 »
That looks awesome, I really like the matte black/red version. Hope to get on this Gb as my first one  :)

Offline delrn

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 14:23:28 »

Sorry, meant non-standard for me. And that's a WK layout AFAIK. Traditional tsangan is 1.5 - 1 - 1.5 - 7 - 1.5 - 1 - 1.5, right?
Yes that’s the traditional Tsangan bottom row, it’s not possible to have a full-width one as well as arrow keys on a 65% like this though, so the two rightmost keys are left out. WKL is pure preference though, gotta agree with that - I prefer the symmetry you get with the WKL blocker but that’s always up to the designer.

Offline jonckr

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 20:43:41 »
This is a really clean design. I'm in

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
Re: [IC] AKI-S 65% | finalized some GB details
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 02:14:01 »
Update Summary:
28-2-2020
- sticker vs engraving, 50/50; I'm more of a sticker guy because engraving is like either you're all for it or against it, its permanent and it may not appeal to those who opt for clean top view

sales style
- will probably just have a button on the google form since the battle is probably fierce
(which means you'll just have to submit the form without filling any info to fight for the spot)

- I am looking at 2 ways -
(1) google form with only one yes & no question for submission [~20 spots]
(2) trivia quiz, for those who do not have internet speed or bot or whatever reason [~10-15 spots]
for (2) to work, I must be sure that there will be enough entries and the battle for the spots is fierce, otherwise it would just be a waste of time and complicate the matter for no good reason; which is why I will be releasing 2nd IC check before the GB starts so I could gather a more accurate sample size on how many interested parties are involved on the plate.

- I will communicate with factory first and see how it goes, if it goes well, then optional case combo + accent; otherwise, set case combo + optional accent bar

edit: for clarification
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 February 2020, 09:35:50 by senryo »

Offline noodleman

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 09:07:17 »
i suggest doing a raffle instead to be fair for everyone.

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 09:09:46 »
i suggest doing a raffle instead to be fair for everyone.

I am contemplating on a thought - allocating 10 spots for other kind of sales type that is not determined by internet speed
it will not be vickrey, probably a trivia quiz. But for this to work, I must be sure that there are A LOT of entries; otherwise it'd be a waste of time and complicating matters for no good reason.

Offline noodleman

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 11:28:10 »
would likely be less work for you if you just keep it simple an open a time limit for entry forms, and you run a raffle and have it over with.

This way it's fair for people all around the world depending on when you have the entry forms open.

Offline sirieous

• help
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 14:52:27 »
If this hits a 350 or less price point I'm going to drool for this board

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Adan4Real

• AWOOGA! AWOOOGA!
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 16:09:27 »
This is absolutely beautiful to me. Love the design, especially the bottom row. WKL 65% is like the perfect layout to me. Can't wait for this to run, the pc version is my favorite though with a different accent bar would be awesome. Looking forward to any updates!

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 19:40:09 »
This keyboard is looking good!  :thumb:
If you can make the polycarb happen, then I'm all over this. I love the layout and the split backspace support / WKL bottom row.

Offline Ramzh

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 07:34:55 »
I need this.

Anyway to get notified when GB is live?

Offline kaisn

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 07:35:15 »
I need this.

Join Discord

Offline SpaceIncorporated

• lvl 60 corporate slave
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 12:34:19 »
Love this design, right up my alley. I'll definitely be in on this.

Offline dbeats824

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 20:44:50 »
Is there any way this gets expanded to more than a super limited run?

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 22:49:42 »
I need this.

You could subscribe to the newsletter on our site, join our Discord server for constant and latest updates or tune in to our Instagram where it will provide instant updates when GB is close. Thank you for your support and interest!

This keyboard is looking good!  :thumb:
If you can make the polycarb happen, then I'm all over this. I love the layout and the split backspace support / WKL bottom row.

Yep, Poly is now an option ;)

Is there any way this gets expanded to more than a super limited run?

If the reception of this turns out to be widely praised and the demand is still very high after the GB, we will consider a R2

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 03:20:34 »
Update Summary:
28-2-2020
- sticker vs engraving, 50/50; I'm more of a sticker guy because engraving is like either you're all for it or against it, its permanent and it may not appeal to those who opt for clean top view

sales style
- will probably just have a button on the google form since the battle is probably fierce
(which means you'll just have to submit the form without filling any info to fight for the spot)

(2) trivia quiz, for those who do not have internet speed or bot or whatever reason [~10-15 spots]
for (2) to work, I must be sure that there will be enough entries and the battle for the spots is fierce, otherwise it would just be a waste of time and complicate the matter for no good reason; which is why I will be releasing 2nd IC check before the GB starts so I could gather a more accurate sample size on how many interested parties are involved on the plate.

- I will communicate with factory first and see how it goes, if it goes well, then optional case combo + accent; otherwise, set case combo + optional accent bar

in regard to the above, I've made some adjustments.

Sales Style
(1) google form with only one yes & no question for submission [~20-25 spots]
(2) trivia quiz / raffle, for those who do not have internet speed or bot or whatever reason [~10-15 spots] <<< this will be decided in 2nd IC by you all
(i) trivia quiz reading materials will be accessible to all before the quiz starts. The idea is to make you feel you're fighting/earning the spot instead of praying for RNGod
(ii) raffle will be pure luck.

Offline sirieous

• help
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 04:23:44 »
Update Summary:
28-2-2020

sales style

Sales Style
(2) trivia quiz / raffle, for those who do not have internet speed or bot or whatever reason [~10-15 spots] <<< this will be decided in 2nd IC by you all
(i) trivia quiz reading materials will be accessible to all before the quiz starts. The idea is to make you feel you're fighting/earning the spot instead of praying for RNGod

Will both of these go live at the same time which means that we have to choose?

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 09:11:35 »
Update Summary:
28-2-2020

sales style

Sales Style

Will both of these go live at the same time which means that we have to choose?

no, not at the same time.
I will also try to block the winners from (1) from winning (2).

Offline dbeats824

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 09:23:31 »
Maybe do a bigger group buy similar to the Satisfaction 75 but produce the group buy in batches of 40-50 keyboards to make sure the focus on quality stays?

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #127 on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 09:40:43 »
Maybe do a bigger group buy similar to the Satisfaction 75 but produce the group buy in batches of 40-50 keyboards to make sure the focus on quality stays?

The catch of doing a larger group buy is that, not only will I have to be more weary of the board quality, but also that I have to bear more risks as well as deal with more after sales issues. It's uncomfortable enough to make me hesitate.

Besides, taking reference from the interest check form I just released, if I were to say conservatively that there is 20% conversion rate of actual buyer, there will be 100+ entry for this GB already; meaning no matter how many, if I were to, upping the scale of the GB, supply still cannot catch up to the demand. (not to mention I closed the form 2 days after I released it, the number might be bigger)

Offline Harke

Re: [IC] AKI-S 65% | new logo + more renders
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 02:33:58 »
instead of stickers, why not have the top case laser engraved with an enamel infill?

we'd like to let our customers have an option to choose; by having the top case laser engraved, I fear some, if not a portion of customers would be depressed over an engraving that they find obstructive

we will include this option in the interest check, if majority agrees to include the engrave on the top case instead of a sticker, we would consider making the change.

thank you for your interest and support  :)

If you are doing a run with such low numbers, there will be much more demand than there is supply, so having 20-25 people who want it with the engraving is pretty much a certainty. In fact, it looks so cool that you would be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't want a logo. This is further evidenced by the amount of people asking for it to be engraved so its more durable and more premium. I can also imagine a lot of people being really sad that their stickers got scratched when they are transporting their boards. The final decision is up to you as the designer, but I say go premium or go home.
Soldering burns build character.

Offline Reiniidevil

Re: [IC] AKI-S 65% | new logo + more renders
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 10:03:57 »
instead of stickers, why not have the top case laser engraved with an enamel infill?

we'd like to let our customers have an option to choose; by having the top case laser engraved, I fear some, if not a portion of customers would be depressed over an engraving that they find obstructive

we will include this option in the interest check, if majority agrees to include the engrave on the top case instead of a sticker, we would consider making the change.

thank you for your interest and support  :)

If you are doing a run with such low numbers, there will be much more demand than there is supply, so having 20-25 people who want it with the engraving is pretty much a certainty. In fact, it looks so cool that you would be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't want a logo. This is further evidenced by the amount of people asking for it to be engraved so its more durable and more premium. I can also imagine a lot of people being really sad that their stickers got scratched when they are transporting their boards. The final decision is up to you as the designer, but I say go premium or go home.

I'd love for it to *not* have any kind of engraving, the sticker idea is great because it means I don't have to use it.
You're kinda speaking for everyone on this, but for me the engraving would potentially be a deal breaker. I'm sure there's some others like me, so it's best not to assume so much.

Offline beekey

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 10:48:18 »
Engraving is a deal breaker for me. Want the clean look without anything. But with such low numbers you will find enough who want it.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 11:07:02 »
Engraving is a deal breaker for me. Want the clean look without anything. But with such low numbers you will find enough who want it.
Man why don't people read the interest check. It's a metallic sticker.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 11:10:45 »

He was answering Harke, no need to jump at his throat

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 11:13:56 »

He was answering Harke, no need to jump at his throat
He didn't quote anything, so I thought he is just replying to the IC.

I for one would prefer engraving.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 11:22:15 »
I’d prefer the sticker :-)

Offline Zylkan

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 07:37:44 »
FWIW (coz I'm not even sure I'll be able to join):

Definitely prefer sticker because basically, I would prefer the choice not to put it. And I wouldn't.

Not really happy with the removal of the Silver color as it would be my first choice

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
Re: [IC] AKI-S 65% | FF edition announcement
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 07:51:43 »
Update Summary:
3-3-2020
- considering actively to open an option for buyer to choose engrave or sticker
(this depends on the reply on factory, if the cost is within acceptable and reasonable range, it will be live and probably at cost of freedom on choosing middleweight color)
- I will be ordering prototype within these 2 days, expected to have the prototype done by mid March
- Announcement of FF edition, Panda AKI-S

Offline sputnikman

Re: [IC] AKI-S 65% | FF edition
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 08:30:46 »
That panda is gorgeous.

Also stay with sticker. I'd prefer choosing the color.

Offline awstonedp

[IC] AKI-S 65% | FF edition
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 18:57:10 »
How many colors you doing

I need a dark forest green and a brown accent and bottom piece

« Last Edit: Tue, 03 March 2020, 19:14:33 by awstonedp »

Offline awstonedp

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 19:06:03 »
Too few render photos (especially from the side or the back) and too many unnecessary stuffs (unchecked checkboxes, really?)

Just for you to have something new to whine about.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are 4 new ICs for high-end customs today alone, all fighting for people's interest and money. So yeah, I'd complain when folks try too hard to look cute.
Because of his unchecked check boxes. I can see his plan and vision without evening having to ask him.  Because of his post trying to be “cute” if this goes to group buy I’m definitely in for one.

Great sales pitch OP I throughly enjoyed your post

Offline prototype26

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 19:27:18 »
Too few render photos (especially from the side or the back) and too many unnecessary stuffs (unchecked checkboxes, really?)

Just for you to have something new to whine about.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are 4 new ICs for high-end customs today alone, all fighting for people's interest and money. So yeah, I'd complain when folks try too hard to look cute.
Because of his unchecked check boxes. I can see his plan and vision without evening having to ask him.

Meme material.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 19:31:07 »
If you're running a friends and family edition, why publicize it if it won't be availible to the public? Unless you're planning on vickrey-ing extras for that or whatever, i dont see any purpose beyond just making the general public jealous

just my 2 cents

Offline bowen

• 20 • no my pfp isnt me
[IC] AKI-S 65% | FF edition
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 21:27:51 »
Anybody else prefer the sticker design/font from the FF edition?
Also, any idea what shipping will be to the UK?

Offline badboy731

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 23:02:22 »
If you're running a friends and family edition, why publicize it if it won't be availible to the public? Unless you're planning on vickrey-ing extras for that or whatever, i dont see any purpose beyond just making the general public jealous

just my 2 cents

Came to say this lmao
E7-V1 | TGR Jane v2 CE | HBCP | GSKT-00 | Raine | AOS

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 23:19:08 »

Sorry sir, we are only doing 2 colors for this run. Ano Black and e-White.

just my 2 cents

If you watch closely, you would see
It is available only to friends & family and ***

It's just something that has yet to be announced yet
I wouldn't tease it for no good reason  :))

I will have to make the prototype before I could answer this, thanks for the interest!

Offline awstonedp

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 23:52:14 »

just my 2 cents

If you watch closely, you would see
It is available only to friends & family and ***

It's just something that has yet to be announced yet
I wouldn't tease it for no good reason  :))

I will have to make the prototype before I could answer this, thanks for the interest!

Saul good player! I’ll just cerakote  it after I buy it

Offline Chozo Ghost

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 06:49:14 »
For SURE going to be looking at this for a potential first custom keeb! It fits just about every need/want I have atm: Hotswap option, RGB lighting, 65% form factor, boom!

I saw one of your replies saying that your Discord was the best place to go for constant updates for this board. Do you have a Discord link that you could provide?

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 09:10:50 »
For SURE going to be looking at this for a potential first custom keeb! It fits just about every need/want I have atm: Hotswap option, RGB lighting, 65% form factor, boom!

I saw one of your replies saying that your Discord was the best place to go for constant updates for this board. Do you have a Discord link that you could provide?

Thank you for your interest
it's mentioned under the first picture, I should probably make it more visible  :))
here you go! https://discord.gg/5kCVk9q

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
Re: [IC] AKI-S 65% | 20/3 update
« Reply #148 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 23:19:39 »
Update Summary:
20-3-2020

- topped the spots from 40 to 50
- took away hot swap PCB due to technical difficulty
(sorry guys)
- open an option for engrave at cost of liberty of choosing middleweight color
(case combo not set yet, but close to final)
- placed order for prototype
(meanwhile, still amending the blueprint)
- confirmed PCB maker - Xelus
(further details will be announced once all things are settled)
- added Apollo render
- added render courtesy of FaKe_VirTual
- added product page for a concise summary
(this will not be the place for FCFS)
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2020, 11:19:45 by senryo »

Offline abellp327

Re: [IC] AKI-S 65% | 20/3 update
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 14:56:55 »
In for this, love the simplicity Senryo