Author Topic: [IC] GMK Noel | GROUP BUY LIVE!!! | April 2020 | gmknoel.com  (Read 136896 times)

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
Re: [IC] GMK Noel - Updated Colour Renders and New Form for Additional Kits
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 21:57:42 »
 :thumb: Looking great.

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
Re: [IC] GMK Noel - Updated Colour Renders and New Form for Additional Kits
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 31 August 2019, 20:51:14 »
:thumb: Looking great.
Thanks, appreciate it! ;D

Offline vicissitude

Love this colorway so much.
Wish GB to come soon.

Offline Vyndem

I hope this set makes it through, because this is beautiful! Definitely on my list  :D

Offline Waffle0508

Definitely interested in this! If Noel's bow is a pink (metal) rama cap then I will most probably buy depending on finances at the time

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Offline Storm-

Definitely joining in on this one.  Looks great.
TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | Unikorn

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
Update 6: Novelty Kit renders are up with keyboard renders on them and planning to have more renders for different layout keyboards soon.

As for additional kits, if there is a sudden surge of demand for a specific kit added, I will most like add it, otherwise the current set of kits will be most likely what you'll be seeing at Group Buy.

Kits such as pink modifiers changed the look of it a lot, and I believe don't fit the muted theme of the set, especially since you'll be having pink mods with blue alphas which won't look as great.

Vendors have been confirmed, so expect to receive Noel in time for Noel 2020.

Thanks for all the support so far, and I hope this turns out to be a successful GB! :thumb:

Offline EMC Labs

Update 6: Novelty Kit renders are up with keyboard renders on them and planning to have more renders for different layout keyboards soon.

Show Image

As for additional kits, if there is a sudden surge of demand for a specific kit added, I will most like add it, otherwise the current set of kits will be most likely what you'll be seeing at Group Buy.

Kits such as pink modifiers changed the look of it a lot, and I believe don't fit the muted theme of the set, especially since you'll be having pink mods with blue alphas which won't look as great.

Vendors have been confirmed, so expect to receive Noel in time for Noel 2020.

Thanks for all the support so far, and I hope this turns out to be a successful GB! :thumb:

Novelties looking clean

Offline MdotMaxson

Re: [IC] GMK Noel - Novelties Kit Finished and Group Buy Details
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 03:23:50 »
You need more renders. Is this even an IC?

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 04:08:30 »
You need more renders. Is this even an IC?
You're right.

Fortunately, I'll be getting more renders by Abec13 next week so hopefully you'll see more by then. :thumb:

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 00:25:32 »
Join the discord server for frequent updates, design processes, and info outside of the GeekHack page: Click to Join!

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
Re: [IC] GMK Noel - New Renders by Abec13
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 00:11:30 »
Update 7: New Renders by Abec13 which better capture the keycaps under natural lighting (though can't be 100% accurate due to different screens portraying colours differently). Also changing from WS1 to WS2 as WS1 was too warm for the set and I feel WS2 with it's cooler white is better themed for the set.

Currently working on possible deskmat designs, so as soon as they're done, I'll have it updated to the IC. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 September 2019, 09:03:09 by Agilr »

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 10:34:21 »
Yoooo - those new renders.  This set can't come fast enough.  Great work!

Offline Panda7262

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 18:40:15 »
As soon as I saw the Roar enter key I was hooked.

Offline deadpan

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 04:29:28 »
Looks amazing! :eek: Cant wait for GB  ;D

Offline Azusa

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 08:32:23 »
Noel is love, Noel is life

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 21 September 2019, 09:02:15 »
Update 7.5: Removed Mod-Coloured R1 \| and added Accent-Coloured ISO to Base Kit. Added Alpha-Coloured 6U Spacebars for Spacebars kit

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 21:44:42 »
Small update, simplified and streamlined the IC for a better viewing experience, and added a new banner (yay!)

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102080][img width=351 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/Pszjuyk.png[/img][/url]
Deskmats are currently being designed, although may be delayed as I'll be working on another project that will hopefully be on IC in the next few weeks (more info on the Discord Server)

Offline huskypups

Definitely interested in this! If Noel's bow is a pink (metal) rama cap then I will most probably buy depending on finances at the time

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

absolutely agree with this, hopefully it pans out that way

Offline johnita

Re: [IC] GMK Noel
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 17:11:13 »
it will be definitely on my pink MATRIX 1.2OG, marked.

Offline Hydrolithium

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 20:44:03 »
I'm actually so ready for this set!!

Offline sleepy

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 15:15:25 »
Looks cute

Offline sarahnicole

• //add comment here later
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 16:08:04 »
Never seen this but I'm so in because the colors are just so adorableeeeeee.

Offline Butterbeer

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 03:24:27 »
Just some Observations/Suggestions:

1) Add Pink & White arrow keys
Accent Color Arrow Keys carry a lot of aesthetic value. Its one of the major design choices that unlocks the value of the accent color scheme and the set as a whole (e.g. Olivia, Camping, Cafe).

2) Add "Pg Up" to R3 and Add "Pg Dn" to R4
Adding the Page Up and Page Down keys in these rows is needed for those who don't have or don't use Home and End keys. The Page Up and Page Down keys are useful when kept close to the navigation arrows. Additionally, this layout is needed for people that don't like to sandwich their Page Up and Down keys in between the Home and End keys (e.g. Alt, M65-A, Satisfaction, 910, any 75% layout)

3) Remove sub legends from Numpad
Numpad keys with just numbers looks clean, minimal, and modern. The blue and the pink of Noel definitely give me these feels :)

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 08:12:56 »
Just some Observations/Suggestions:

1) Add Pink & White arrow keys
Accent Color Arrow Keys carry a lot of aesthetic value. Its one of the major design choices that unlocks the value of the accent color scheme and the set as a whole (e.g. Olivia, Camping, Cafe).

2) Add "Pg Up" to R3 and Add "Pg Dn" to R4
Adding the Page Up and Page Down keys in these rows is needed for those who don't have or don't use Home and End keys. The Page Up and Page Down keys are useful when kept close to the navigation arrows. Additionally, this layout is needed for people that don't like to sandwich their Page Up and Down keys in between the Home and End keys (e.g. Alt, M65-A, Satisfaction, 910, any 75% layout)

3) Remove sub legends from Numpad
Numpad keys with just numbers looks clean, minimal, and modern. The blue and the pink of Noel definitely give me these feels :)

Hey! Thanks for checking out my IC and posting your observations/suggestions on the kits, I appreciate it!

Most of what you said I do agree with you. Your first and third suggestions particular I was debating about having accent arrows and losing sub-legends for a cleaner look, but I felt it'd be a safer option to not go with those. However, given how the set has shaped, I would be glad to have these both done for the base kit.

This also includes the R3 Pg Up and R4 Pg Up as I was unaware of any boards of used them. It only adds 2 keys and I feel would be justifiable for better compatibility.

Thanks for your time!

Offline mimalik

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 08:20:11 »
Any thoughts on splitting the numpad kit and adding the F keys to Hiragana kit?
+1 to keeping numpad clean with #s only.

Offline wonilcho

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 16:47:55 »
Any possibility of adding a r2 1.5u tab key to the hiragana kit, and backspace novelties (both r1 2u and r2 1.5u) to the novelties kit?

Just the extra tab key would let base + hiragana buyers fill out both a TKL and an additional 65% board (of a different backspace and bottom row config).
And with backspace novelties on top of that, base + hiragana + novelties buyers would be able to fill a TKL and an additional 65% board, with the same backspace and bottom row config.

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 02:59:25 »

A good portion of people still use numpad even if it's not the most common layout nowadays (at least seen in the enthusiast community), and neglecting that by having people pay around $30-40 extra for an add-on for something that would save roughly $15-20 for most people is something I do not want to do to. At least that's how I feel about it which is why I'd like to have a base kit to fit as many people as possible.

By F keys do you mean extra or Function keys with sub-legends? If it's the former then I understand the use of it from layouts 75% and above on a secondary board but I feel the added price for extra 12 keys that aren't japanese isn't worth it for many, as it'll be a premium on top of the current hiragana kit and base kit that they'd have to buy. If it's the latter I'm unsure if GMK possesses existing moulds for it. If they don't, it would be a small fortune to get them done which would greatly increase the price of the kit.

I appreciate your suggestions though, and look forward to improving the set to the best of my abilities.

Any possibility of adding a r2 1.5u tab key to the hiragana kit, and backspace novelties (both r1 2u and r2 1.5u) to the novelties kit?

Just the extra tab key would let base + hiragana buyers fill out both a TKL and an additional 65% board (of a different backspace and bottom row config).
And with backspace novelties on top of that, base + hiragana + novelties buyers would be able to fill a TKL and an additional 65% board, with the same backspace and bottom row config.

Hey! I'd be glad to add a r2 1.5u tab to the hiragana kit for a secondary board.

The backspace novelties suggestion however I feel detracts a bit from the more minimal nature of this set. I did initially have a flying saucer novelty to be done for the conventional R3 shift keys, but that didn't turn out so great as it was too busy and ruined the otherwise minimal looking set.

Thanks for your suggestion! ;)
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 October 2019, 03:09:17 by Agilr »

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 10:00:21 »

A good portion of people still use numpad even if it's not the most common layout nowadays (at least seen in the enthusiast community), and neglecting that by having people pay around $30-40 extra for an add-on for something that would save roughly $15-20 for most people is something I do not want to do to. At least that's how I feel about it which is why I'd like to have a base kit to fit as many people as possible.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline wmc123

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 12:23:28 »

By F keys do you mean extra or Function keys with sub-legends? If it's the former then I understand the use of it from layouts 75% and above on a secondary board but I feel the added price for extra 12 keys that aren't japanese isn't worth it for many, as it'll be a premium on top of the current hiragana kit and base kit that they'd have to buy. If it's the latter I'm unsure if GMK possesses existing moulds for it. If they don't, it would be a small fortune to get them done which would greatly increase the price of the kit.

I appreciate your suggestions though, and look forward to improving the set to the best of my abilities.

Hey! I'd be glad to add a r2 1.5u tab to the hiragana kit for a secondary board.

The backspace novelties suggestion however I feel detracts a bit from the more minimal nature of this set. I did initially have a flying saucer novelty to be done for the conventional R3 shift keys, but that didn't turn out so great as it was too busy and ruined the otherwise minimal looking set.

Thanks for your suggestion! ;)

Kinda hurts for those with 75% boards who want to have the hiragana kit to have to purchase the base kit on top of it though

Offline Dros

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 08:37:14 »
How can I buy that one?

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 19:58:09 »
How can I buy that one?
It's on the initial post, but it'll be available in Q2 2020 on Cannonkeys, MyKeyboard, Daily Clack and ZFrontier.

Exact dates are yet to be announced, but will be given closer to date ;)

Offline Asai

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 03:26:01 »
One thing I would have liked to see in the Novelties Kit is, instead of the "Roar" text in the Enter key, using the internet slang "Rawr" instead just for the laughs of it.  ;)
But quite interested in this, I must say.

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 08:55:22 »
Update 8: Cleaned up Base Kit layout, adding pink accent arows, R3 Pg Up, R4 Pg Dn, R3 Control and removing R3 padlock icon and Numpad Sub-legends. Added tab to Hiragana Kit for better compatibility on a 2nd board.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2019, 08:59:03 by Agilr »

Offline Butterbeer

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 05:14:57 »
Update 8: Cleaned up Base Kit layout, adding pink accent arows, R3 Pg Up, R4 Pg Dn, R3 Control and removing R3 padlock icon and Numpad Sub-legends. Added tab to Hiragana Kit for better compatibility on a 2nd board.

Base Kit looks so clean :) Can you get some renders with Austin (polycarb) keyboard? That will showcase all the keys!

Offline malamind

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 10:56:06 »
Awesome design! I am say for sure I will be a part of the group buy.

Offline TonyPia

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 14:43:01 »
Was thinking which goes best with e-white case. Guess I found the one. Hope GB comes true soon.

Offline Graysonneal14

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 15:51:17 »
The worst part about this GB is waiting for it to start. BUT it will be going on my M0llY so I have plenty of time. But still...
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 November 2019, 16:04:20 by Graysonneal14 »

Offline repo156

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 07:42:13 »
Just saw this now on reddit and made an account here just to comment that I absolutely love this set!

Will there be any renders on rose gold keyboards (especially the Polaris)? I would really love to pair it with Noel as I think it'd work really well together. Thanks!

Offline beansummer

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 05:29:46 »
when this will be start GB?

Offline leafiy

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 10:28:53 »
Love this set!! When will this start GB?

Offline kaisn

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 11:59:55 »
Roar ISO-Enter would be neat but I won't get my hopes up

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 01:11:08 »
Count me in!

Offline Ehi

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 06:14:53 »
Colour me interested!

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 20:11:18 »
Just saw this now on reddit and made an account here just to comment that I absolutely love this set!

Will there be any renders on rose gold keyboards (especially the Polaris)? I would really love to pair it with Noel as I think it'd work really well together. Thanks!

I am hoping to get Rose Gold (as well as other boards and colours) within the next couple of weeks so stay tuned on those. MetallicCharles will be rendering them and given his prior work, I know they'll be nothing short of amazing.

Love this set!! When will this start GB?

when this will be start GB?

GB will start in Q2 2020. Specific dates will be given closer to GB time so keep your eyes peeled on that. :eek:

Offline dgooglr

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 05:07:46 »
Would it be possible to add a north kit to this?
Looks awesome!

Offline cicy1030

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 21:24:53 »
looks like Fuyu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Quinella

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 01:34:26 »
looks like Fuyu

the better fuyu.

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 12:29:48 »
looks like Fuyu

the better fuyu.
You mean Bento? Or the PBT one that never happened?

Offline cicy1030

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 19:28:39 »
looks like Fuyu

the better fuyu.
You mean Bento? Or the PBT one that never happened?
search Fuyu in the IC