Author Topic: Looking for a 75% keyboard  (Read 3241 times)

Offline Bonta

Looking for a 75% keyboard
« on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 17:03:56 »
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a 75% keyboard, acrylic/frosted/clear-ish case, hot-swap PCB, with RGB.

Can anyone help recommend something?

Offline pinkman

• Learn and share
    • ymdkey.com
Re: Looking for a 75% keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 01:30:56 »
yes,75% layout  keyboard it's kind of popular,I recommend you a 75% case which is compatible with ISO and ANSI,Acrylic, anodized aluminum, RGB lighting, everything you need.
click this link  ;)https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002309038074.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.3.27ab3e90dWq4E1
A nobody who works at the YMDK    XD

Offline Bonta

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 05:47:02 »
That is quite nice, but I want the whole case to be frosted, not just the bottom...

Anyone else got any suggestions?

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 11:22:23 »
That is quite nice, but I want the whole case to be frosted, not just the bottom...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/marsbackgaming/marsback-mechanical-keyboard

A reasonable looking board if you want all the features it has

Offline Bonta

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 12:30:57 »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/marsbackgaming/marsback-mechanical-keyboard

A reasonable looking board if you want all the features it has

Oh wow, this is interesting, a kickstarter hmm...

It's all prebuilt, uses their own software and it looks like the LED's are north facing. Damn it. Apart from that, it does look pretty nice and has the features I want. I'll have to think about this.

If anyone else has any more suggestions I'd love to hear it.

Offline EdwardA

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 00:21:52 »
I will try to help you find a 75% keyboard with your configurations! It's very trendy and popular all around the world. I did have a similar keyboard, but there are so many options available. And you do have to choose the best one according to what you want.

For an acrylic/frosted/clear-ish case, you can check what the best options are there and select one out of them like there are so many Chinese ones.

Apart from acrylic and frosted, the universe has many other luxurious options available for you.

Offline gh_pp

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 18:24:58 »
There are some niche vendors that sells clear / frosted printed 75% case

I know there is one for kbdfan75v2

https://rndkbd.com/pages/pla75-in-stock

As for hot swap you can always mill max

In fact there is a mill maxed 75v2 on Reddit mm for a good price this morning
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 May 2021, 19:28:39 by gh_pp »
QFR brown x2, Realforce 45G, Type-S, Keycool 22 blue

Previous keyboards: 55G, IBM Model M, Dell AT101W, Fujitsu FKB4725, G80-3000 clear, QFS green, QFS blue

[WTB] Custom keyboard build

Offline Bonta

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 08:15:37 »
I will try to help you find a 75% keyboard with your configurations! It's very trendy and popular all around the world. I did have a similar keyboard, but there are so many options available. And you do have to choose the best one according to what you want.

For an acrylic/frosted/clear-ish case, you can check what the best options are there and select one out of them like there are so many Chinese ones.

Apart from acrylic and frosted, the universe has many other luxurious options available for you.

Thanks!

Offline Bonta

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 08:20:19 »
There are some niche vendors that sells clear / frosted printed 75% case

I know there is one for kbdfan75v2

https://rndkbd.com/pages/pla75-in-stock

As for hot swap you can always mill max

In fact there is a mill maxed 75v2 on Reddit mm for a good price this morning

Oh wow that rndkbd case looks awesome!

What is mill max? Are these hotswap sockets that I have to solder to the board? I'm guessing I can just solder the kailh hotswap sockets onto the board myself too?

I've been looking on Aliexpress and KPrepublic and saw some nice frosted acrylic 75% keyboards with per-switch RGB. Trying to find the perfect 75% keyboard, frosted acrylic, per-switch RGB that is SOUTH facing led's is a tricky one for me! And to top it off, Hot Swap PCB!

Offline BlazingNoodles

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 01:03:53 »
Did you end up picking a 75% board if so I'd be very interested to see what you picked up as 75% are my favorite layout.

Offline Bonta

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 16:41:58 »
Did you end up picking a 75% board if so I'd be very interested to see what you picked up as 75% are my favorite layout.

Not yet! I'm taking it slow since I'm not in a rush. Most of my GB's haven't even been made yet so loads of time to decide.

Currently I think the ones on Krepublic and Aliexpress offer what I want for little money. Unless a 75% GB comes along that has everything I'm looking for, I'll have to go with a cheap one from Krepublic/Aliexpress!

Do you have any specific 75% which you like?