Author Topic: [GB] GMK HADapter & HADditionals kit (Sold out, 100% shipped)  (Read 632736 times)

Offline wodan

Background
There's alot of vintage Cherry doubleshot ABS keycaps available in the German ISO-DE layout. The great majority of these keycap sets is in a winkeyless layout with a 7U space bar and a stepped caps lock. This makes it very difficult to find nice modern keyboards to put those sweet keycaps on.

Idea
Creating an essentials "Moogle" or adapter kit to fit these commonly available "HAD" keycap sets on the common modern 105-key layout keyboards (Filco, Ducky etc.) and adding a few extra caps for other popular layouts. On top of that, I would like to add three ANSI adapter keys (ANSI-Enter, German \|-key, ANSI-LShift) to allow aesthetic use of ISO-DE keycaps on an ANSI keyboard layout.

Most of your questions regarding the kit content and design will probably be answered in the IC thread:
https://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/hadapter-kit-t13731.html

PRICES (final)
    HADapter Kit (Prices in brackets are in case we hit 250pc)
  • 22€ (19€) for Group Buy pre-orders <= This is currently my projected cost including packaging
  • 23,50€ (20,50€) for orders after final production planning (Leftover stage)
  • 25€ (22€) for sets bought from me once in stock (Retail stage)

HADditionals Kit (Prices in brackets are in case we hit 250pc):
  • 10€(9€) for Group Buy pre-orders <= This is currently my projected cost including packaging
  • 11€(10€) for orders after  final production planning (Leftover stage)
  • 12€(11€) for sets bought from me once in stock (Retail stage)

I give you all my word that the GB pre-order price is the best price I will ever sell these sets for. Once the GB phase is over, this price will never be available again.

Shipping
I will be sending all international orders below 100€ value for 6€ shipping costs flat tracked & insured.
German orders can be sent for 4,50€ tracked & insured.
Uninsured & untracked shipping is available upon request only in conjunction with SEPA payment. (3,50€ international/2€ Germany)
Orders with a value of over 100€ will receive a custom shipping quote. If your order is over 100€ OR you picked this shipping option in the order form, I will present a custom shipping quote in the invoice using DHL.

Timeline
  • Pay GMK for the first 150 making sure THIS DROP WILL HAPPEN <=== DONE ! Proof below. Two fellow community members also received the confirmation mail from GMK and are hopefully kind enough to confirm here :)
  • Taking GROUP BUY orders for ~4 weeks UPDATE: IT'S OVER until GMK must know the final production numbers. Until then it is still possible to order ANY amount of kits and order at a price that is basically unit cost + 19% German VAT.
  • =>SOON ! STAY TUNED:Leftover stage! No matter how many kits were ordered during the Group Buy stage, I will order a lot of extra kits at GMK. These kits are a little more expensive now since quantities are limited now.
  • Last stage: Retail stage! The production is scheduled for ~8 weeks from now (since I already paid to secure a production slot) so I expect the keycaps to be ready for PICKUP by mid-end of August. I will personally drive to GMK and pick them up resulting in 0,- shipping cost on that side being factored into the kit prices. I will even ask if I can take my GoPro on a tour through their facilities. Once I sell these kits from stock the price has finally reached "retail price".
Important Information
  • I plan to offer paypal as a payment method along with SEPA. All paypal participants during the GROUP BUY and LEFTOVER stage will be invoiced for a SERVICE. Paypal is very unhappy if I am selling items that haven't been made yet and will not be made for another 8 weeks or so.
  • Three new molds are featured in the GB will be added to the GMK tools for future GBs. The 1.25 R4 diamond modifier key, the 1.5 R2 #' key and the 1u R1 DT key. GMK took over ALL THE TOOLING cost and charged these new keys like existing molds. HELL YEAH!
Big thanks to community member matt3o for providing the artwork for the diamond AND the DT keycap! He let me use the artwork he was using for his legendary GRANITE keycaps. You're also designing GMK keycaps now.
  • There are no giveaways or freebies. I don't have a margin for that and do this for personal reasons and for fun. Remind me of that in a few weeks ...
  • Orders will be shipped FIFO (first in, first out)
  • This GB will happen 100%. In fact it already happened and the MOQ of 150 sets for each kit has already BEEN PAID FOR. Production date will be set any day now. I want to use the time we're waiting for production to collect orders instead of collect orders first and THEN wait idle. The sooner you order the better the price!
  • It doesn't make sense to ask for additional keys or changes to the layout because it's done already. Ship has sailed. Der Drop ist gelutscht. So please save your energy for the next round.
  • All international orders will be declared with the obvious and objective value of the content to anyone not into keyboards. I hope you all catch my drift here   :cool:
ATTACHMENTS
Payment confirmation from GMK:
More

==========================================================================
===============LEFTOVERS FORM NOT AVILABLE YET=======================================

The leftover form will open on Fri, 19th August 2016 at noon sharp Central European Summer Time. Limited quantities!
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 October 2016, 06:46:59 by wodan »

Offline wodan

Re: [GB] GMK HADapter & HADditionals kit ( Taking orders! )
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 03:23:28 »
UPDATES

Final update, all leftovers were sold and shipped. Stay tuned for the next round. Main IC thread will be on DT:
https://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/hadapter-kit-round-ii-t14441.html

All orders shipped. Leftovers sales will start next week! Exact time&date TBA.

UPS will deliver the keycaps tomorrow, packing will start instantly. It's a one man show so please have a little patience with me :)

Orders closed. Thanks for all participants. We hardly have any leftovers ;)
All participants will soon get an email with their order status and the chance for some last minute changes (like adding additional DT caps)

GB phase will close on Sunday 03.07.2016!
Extra DT-keycaps available for 1.50€ for all orders of the GB phase with BOTH kits. All participants will be informed via mail and have sufficient time to decide! Don't worry.

GMK has contacted me about finalizing order numbers. That is a lot earlier than anticipated and means the GB phase will end soon. Please get your GB orders in NOW, this phase will end sooner than expected! More details will follow :)
Even if they require the order numbers right now, I will still keep the GB phase open for a little while to allow people to get their GB phase orders in.

Participant list GB Phase (FINAL)
ba7777
faxe
Halvar
Muirium
kekstee
BimboBB
Hzfaq
TalkingTree
VERGiL
dorf
kbdfr
t8c
uncletobai
t!ng
Quint
Ichigo87
Khers
Prelim
Shihatsu
scottc
ideus
hypkx
jou
Stabilized
monone
julientaq
padath
WNovizar
usopia
Tlt
Vaun
LechnerDE
Nuum
Almost
HappyCatFish
nickheller
mrkevint
aaron6301
Daniel
Troif
escape
punkpc
TieuNgu
PlastikSchnittstelle
need
scl
sica
Limitz
sintklaas73
TheWaffleGuy
duynguyenle
Sincile
swimmingbird
HannahPeach
photekq
lordzebu
PietPtr
soilheart
beltet
jackiecanev2
pinkeyedcyclops
Malenky
Fullcream
gamer179
kokokoy
Phenix
akuji13
shreebles
oheim
r5d
Gameaholic
nafsasp
derzemel
chzel
kokokoy
DanielT
copter
asgeirtj
Dra
Rimrul
rindorbrot
Please note: Each line is one order. Should your name appear more than once, please contact me in case you would like to have one of the order entries removed.

Final order count GB Phase (03.07.2016):
HADapter Kit: 105
HADditionals Kit: 89
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 October 2016, 06:50:47 by wodan »

Offline wodan

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 00:10:00 »
Yeeey my thread finally got approval  :))

Offline Halvar

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 03:10:39 »
This is the set I've been waiting for ever since we knew about GMK.  :thumb:

Ordered.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 03:28:44 »
Finally a moogle set!!

Will order a couple of kits I think.

Don't really like the icon only mods though. I know it's the classic style, but the the big arrow on the enter key just looks ugly without text.

I wish there were both options ;)

Offline wodan

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 03:35:18 »
Glad you generally like it ;)

Well I had to make alot of compromises here and tried to avoid duplicate keys to keep the cost as low as possible. Symbol modifiers was one key decision to make this kit as universal as possible.

It's the best I could come up with, there were alot of people helping me putting this together and a few options considered for some keys. Check out the IC thread if you're interested  ^-^
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 June 2016, 03:36:56 by wodan »

Offline Prelim

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 08:05:27 »
one of the most important GB's I've seen for quite a while!  :thumb:

/in of course (5 kits)
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline xiaodian317

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 11:02:53 »
Great job that you pay at first before GB.  :thumb:

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 11:16:21 »
Entered, thanks!

Offline wodan

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 14:03:45 »
Update order count and participants list!

I'm overwhelmed by the participation so far. We are aiming straight for the 150 order count during GB phase! Thanks so much everyone.

Offline wodan

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 14:54:04 »
Important update!

GMK has gotten in touch with me already about finalizing the order numbers. This is a lot earlier than I was hoping and this means the GB phase might end earlier than expected.

Please order now if you want to participate in the GB phase!
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2016, 00:03:59 by wodan »

Offline Pieminister

Re: [GB] GMK HADapter & HADditionals kit ( GB Phase closing soon ! )
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 16:09:03 »
I was about the pull the trigger on a HADditionals Kit set. I need the # and | keys.

Then I realised they are R1 profile keys? I don't really get that. I am sure there must be a reason but i can't think of a use case for R1 # and |

Offline wodan

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 16:15:21 »
The HADditionals kit has a HHKB/Infinity like layout in mind with split backspace configuration.
Those layouts will require that key in R1 profile.
More

After all the concept was to deliver keys to complement existing vintage keycap sets. They usually have the # and | in the right place already.

What's your scenario where you need those keys in a different row profile?

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 16:57:43 »
Oh sorry, yes that makes a lot of sense. Sorry i was confused about the use case then.

At first i thought the idea was that lots of ANSI only sets get made and that the adapter  kit would let you use those ansi kits on ISO boards, without having to buy a whole set of a german/EU Cherry/GMK set. Like i have a GMK set that is missing a couple of ISO keys - such as R3 # and R4 |\ and thought this would be my solution, but it's my mistake for not paying attention.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 17:33:09 »
Ordered :)

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 20:36:57 »
Der Drop ist gelutscht, alea iacta est!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 21:56:22 »
Der Drop ist gelutscht, alea iacta est!

¿Qué dijiste? ¿Qu'est-ce que vous die? ...translation: W.T... fill in the blanks, LOL.

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 08:02:50 »
waiting for it
140435-0

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 10:05:12 »
waiting for it
(Attachment Link)

It is in real need for the set, cool picture. In my case, the motivation to get some of this is more in the collectors side, who can afford not to have a DT double shot key? while in most of my purchases I am in the user side this is one of those few exceptions I cannot afford to let it pass.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2016, 10:06:49 by ideus »

Offline wodan

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 13:54:05 »
Thanks for the contribution pals :) Great picture!

GB phase will close in Sunday 03.07.2016!

Leftovers will still be available at a higher rate. Invoicing will happen on Sunday 03.07.2016 and there is a 7 day window to pay your invoice. Please be ready.

Offline jackiecanev2

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 14:21:40 »
Anyone know ~ how long is it taking to invoice after submitting the form?
| HHKB2 | Viper | 356.2 | Ducati | pitties | scalpels |

Offline wodan

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 14:26:42 »
Invoicing will happen on Sunday 03.07.2016 and there is a 7 day window to pay your invoice

Offline wodan

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 02:18:45 »
Order numbers have been finalized to 150pc. Since GMK wanted the numbers two weeks earlier than expected, I couldn't collect enough orders to justify a 250pc order.

GB phase will remain open for another week. Sorry for the short notice but that's how I got the info from GMK as well. Please order now if you want to get the GB price.

One addition to all participants of the GB phase. For every combination of HADapter and HADditionals kit purchased, you can add an additional DT R1 logo keycap to your order for just 1.50€
There's been a lot of requests for additional logo keycaps and I managed to order some extras for that collectors cap.

All participants who qualify for this will receive an email invitation to extend their order from me. No need to PM me.

Offline Fullcream

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 26 June 2016, 21:16:38 »
Glad I saw this. Just what I need

Offline wodan

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 04:10:16 »
Updated participant list and order count.

Also please remember GB phase ends 02.07.2016!

All orders after that date will not receive the GB phase price any more. Numers are LIMITED now!

Offline wodan

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 01:07:46 »
FINAL WARNING: GB Phase will close in 24h!

After the GB phase closes, leftover kits will be sold at a slightly higher price and participants will no longer be able to add extra DT keys to their order.

Offline wodan

So order form is now officially closed. Any replies that got in count. Some people can be thankful my wife dragged me through the Zoo with the kids ;)

I am waiting for the final order count from the Chinese vendor. As soon as I have these numbers, there will hopefully be some leftovers available for order through a NEW FORM!

All participants will soon (starting tomorrow) receive emails calling for last changes and the option to add DT keys to their order (1.50€ each)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Those of you dear fellows not getting into any or both of these sets are wasting a unique opportunity to have the necessary keys to put to use any OG Cherry set in beige that you have or want; also, any serious keyboard aficionado should have one beige OG Cherry set, at least; thus, you cannot afford to let this go, well, by now you have missed it, sorry for you.

Offline Malenky

Those of you dear fellows not getting into any or both of these sets are wasting a unique opportunity to have the necessary keys to put to use any OG Cherry set in beige that you have or want; also, any serious keyboard aficionado should have one beige OG Cherry set, at least; thus, you cannot afford to let this go, well, by now you have missed it, sorry for you.

What's great is that it allows you to use ISO caps in any ANSI or HHKB style layout. The more you look at it, the more options you realise are covered.

Offline wodan

Thanks for the nice words bros ;)

LOL looks like the leftovers will be 9 HADapter kits and 33 HADditionals kits.

Very, very happy with the participation on this one. Really curious if we can do another one of these round in late summer after this GB has shipped. But ask me again after I shipped nearly 100 orders ...

I will announce the opening of the leftovers order form a few days ahead and then first come first serve.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Thanks for the nice words bros ;)

LOL looks like the leftovers will be 9 HADapter kits and 33 HADditionals kits.

Very, very happy with the participation on this one. Really curious if we can do another one of these round in late summer after this GB has shipped. But ask me again after I shipped nearly 100 orders ...

I will announce the opening of the leftovers order form a few days ahead and then first come first serve.

I suggest and encourage you to do it in white on black, the second best overall classic.

Offline Prelim

or dolch ;)
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline TieuNgu

Did you guys send out invoices yet? I signed up but have not received an invoice

Offline wodan

No invoices were sent yet, I start sending out notifications today.

There is no need to hurry here. Unlike other GB, we are already scheduled for production and GMK is paid in advance. All participants will get a few days to change/cancel their orders before I send out PayPal invoices. SEPA prticipants will receive payment information in their email.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
No invoices were sent yet, I start sending out notifications today.

There is no need to hurry here. Unlike other GB, we are already scheduled for production and GMK is paid in advance. All participants will get a few days to change/cancel their orders before I send out PayPal invoices. SEPA prticipants will receive payment information in their email.

You are the man, pal.

Offline wodan

Email updates are out! Please check your spam folder if you are on the list but haven't received an email yet.

Offline Almost

• Zs Xe
Email recieved!

I see this, "You are entitled to add up to 1 extra DT R1 keycaps to your order at just 1.50€ each." ...and I am intrigued
Do I just send a reply to your email asking for one?

Thanks for the updates in this thread anyhow, it's nice to stay informed  :thumb:
Kbds: KOBO Red Carbon - Filco MJT2 Beige - Topre U23 - Cherry 3700 - Model F XT 5155
Sets: Dolch R1 - Red Alert - Hyperfuse R1 - Cherry WoB - Plum

Offline wodan

Yup please reply to my email for changes, corrections and DT caps

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
When are you planning to invoice us?

Offline Prelim

read the email!

- Please send me an email with any order changes within the next 7 days! Deadling is 11th July 2016. Invoicing will begin after that date

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
read the email!

- Please send me an email with any order changes within the next 7 days! Deadling is 11th July 2016. Invoicing will begin after that date

Thank you Prelim, for the heads up.

Offline Vaun

• ¯\_(ಠ_ಠ)_/¯
Is it possible to move the payment deadline to the end of the month?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Invoice paid.

Offline Malenky

Paid.

Offline wodan

Thanks to all the quick payers :)

Is it possible to move the payment deadline to the end of the month?
Reply to your invoice email and we'll find a way. How many kidneys do you have left?

Offline punkpc

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
Paid, thanks!

Offline loud_asian

I'd be interested in picking up a HADditionals Kit whenever the leftovers form becomes available, or picking up someone's slot in the gb as well
EM7 | Nunu | Salamander | RF84u | SS AEK64

Offline pera

I'm in for the HADditionals Kit just because I want those diamond keys  :-* they remind me the old Sun Type 5 keyboard.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
I'm in for the HADditionals Kit just because I want those diamond keys  :-* they remind me the old Sun Type 5 keyboard.

If you do not have use for the \|, control and backspace keys out of the HADitionals I'd be happy to take them.