geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

Good white paint?

(1/2) > >>

Silit:
Long story short, I'm going to get some white keycaps (probably otaku or engraved) for my CM Storm Red, so the logos and crap look less intrusive.

I want to paint the stock keys with the LED windows as well, so I can keep the LEDs (I'll tape over the window before I paint them, obviously).

Does anyone know of a good set of keycaps that match a certain white paint? I'm sure someone's tried something similar in the past.

Thanks.

sth:
Don't ever paint your keycaps. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth when they start to wear, and they will wear.

Rafen:
You could just order an all white set from WASD keyboards and this would save you time and frustration.

sth:
Oh, meant to add - if you do go with white ABS keycaps the lights will show through just fine without needing a window.

And please don't call blanks 'otaku' :P

Wildcard:
I think silit meant do we know of a good set of caps that will match the paint he's using to paint the case. I'd reccomend getting any good set of caps and then going to a hobby/craft store to find a good match for the paint. You could also do a vinal wrap around the board which would last a long time and look good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version