geekhack Marketplace > Great Finds

New Cherry "brown" switches on eBay

(1/3) > >>

dw_junon:
I notice some interest in Cherries ruled by an axis of tea, so perhaps this might be of interest:

http://search.ebay.com/330078651280

I have no affiliation or experience with the seller at all.  Seller is in Germany, but invites inquiries for shipping to other countries.  Language may be an issue, though as it happens every time I've sent an e-mail in my broken German I get back a perfect English response...

These are advertised as unused, based on the part number given have the lower force "G" actuator, with a diode and with mounting pins, so could be quite good for building a 'board with a diode-based matrix, or could be simply be used a source for the 1337 swapping technique as previously linked on this board.

At time of typing 140 of them are available, so there's enough to do one whole keyboard and then some.

Also, there is an abundance of older Cherry switches (see also here for larger pictures of a similar switch).  Again, no affiliation or prior experience.  These are reminiscent of the early MX switch documented by Sandy, though may be an earlier design still.

Astra Diesel:
great find.

I know that blue cherry switches (sliders?) are clicky and tactile with least resistance. How do the brown cherries differ?

BTW, are brown cherries as rare as blue cherry switch keyboards?

iMav:

--- Quote from: Astra Diesel;2640 ---BTW, are brown cherries as rare as blue cherry switch keyboards?
--- End quote ---

I don't think the blue Cherry switch keyboards are all that rare (both the Das 2 and Scorpius M10 are easily obtainable)...it's just that finding a spacersaver-type keyboard with those switches is difficult.

xsphat:
True, but brown ones are nonexistent in the US market.

Nonmouse:

--- Quote from: xsphat;2645 ---True, but brown ones are nonexistent in the US market.
--- End quote ---

Not true- the MX-8100 POS boards I have are both full-diode brown-stem Cherries, for the US market.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version