Author Topic: Secret Santa 2016 - OPENING GIFTS!  (Read 535166 times)

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Summer Santa - Planning?
« Reply #2200 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 19:24:30 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:27:43 by alienman82 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2201 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 20:48:14 »
Alright, Summer Santa 2016 Summer Santa Signup is live:

SUMMER SANTA SIGNUP

To start, I really want to discourage people just in it to get something cool and marginally participate.  We've had people in the past who signed up just to get cool stuff and either didn't send anything on, or sent junk on to someone.  That said, just because you're not financially well off doesn't mean you can't sign up and make something cool for someone.  Remember, Secret Santa is about giving, giving what you feel comfortable giving, and giving something from the heart that you really think the other person will like. 

Rules

• You must have 100 posts and be an active member.  Do not spam to make the post requirement
  • You must send your package with tracking
  • You can pick a region to ship within, but be aware that you will be dropped if there's no one to pair you with.  I'll PM you before doing so, but it's been close in the past.
  • Each person will be paired up with one other person.  That doesn't mean you can't send your own Summer Santa on to someone else, just that each person in the Summer Santa will only be paired up with one other person.
  • You must mark your package as from Summer Santa.  Remember, this is a surprise.
  • Unlike Secret Santa, there is no fixed date for opening.  It's preferred that you open after the shipping cut-off day though, unless you Santa specifies otherwise.  When you do open it, be sure to post pictures.
  • You must post pictures.  It's a huge bummer when someone gets a Summer Santa gift and doesn't acknowledge it.   It can be a potato picture, but post something just so everyone knows it got there.  Failure to post pictures will result in bans from future Secret/Summer Santas.
  • All Santa pairings will be revealed on August 1, 2016
  • Sign up lasts until May 14th, 2016 to give a little more time to find stuff and packages must be shipped no later than July 9, 2016. 

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #2202 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 20:49:28 »
YAAAAY! it's happening :D

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2203 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 20:51:26 »

Sorry for sleeping on this a bit.  I meant to make it around the solstice, but that didn't happen.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2204 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 21:00:38 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:27:37 by alienman82 »

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
Re: Summer Santa - Signup Phase
« Reply #2205 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 21:01:28 »
Count me in!  I'll sign up tonight! (:
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2206 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 21:04:46 »

Sorry for sleeping on this a bit.  I meant to make it around the solstice, but that didn't happen.

is there a recommended budget?

All in the agreement at the end.  But you should be spending a minimum of $20 (excluding shipping).  There are exceptions, of course, like well thought out hand made stuff.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2207 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 21:05:48 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:27:35 by alienman82 »

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #2208 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 21:24:25 »
I'm in, hope to see some awesome gifts everywhere for my first time!

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2209 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 21:24:40 »
In like Finn

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2210 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 21:52:50 »

is there a recommended budget?

All in the agreement at the end.  But you should be spending a minimum of $20 (excluding shipping).  There are exceptions, of course, like well thought out hand made stuff.

sure thing, just a note, I think the op link isn't quite working, for me at least.

I think it's a GH issue since it's not working right for me either, but I confirmed the link for the post.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #2211 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 00:41:30 »
Form submitted!

Thanks for getting this going nubbs  :thumb:
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #2212 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 01:06:59 »
If I have 100 posts before the deadline I'm OK, right? Just don't spam?
Biking is fun.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #2213 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 01:31:26 »
I'm in :)

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2214 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 02:22:48 »
Where is the form? Want to enter so I can give someone best gift of all time!
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline 3K

« Reply #2215 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 03:28:11 »

On the last page! Should maybe be on the front page too.

SUMMER SANTA SIGNUP

To start, I really want to discourage people just in it to get something cool and marginally participate.  We've had people in the past who signed up just to get cool stuff and either didn't send anything on, or sent junk on to someone.  That said, just because you're not financially well off doesn't mean you can't sign up and make something cool for someone.  Remember, Secret Santa is about giving, giving what you feel comfortable giving, and giving something from the heart that you really think the other person will like. 

Rules

• You must have 100 posts and be an active member.  Do not spam to make the post requirement
  • You can pick a region to ship within, but be aware that you will be dropped if there's no one to pair you with.  I'll PM you before doing so, but it's been close in the past.
  • Each person will be paired up with one other person.  That doesn't mean you can't send your own Summer Santa on to someone else, just that each person in the Summer Santa will only be paired up with one other person.
  • You must mark your package as from Summer Santa.  Remember, this is a surprise.
  • Unlike Secret Santa, there is no fixed date for opening.  It's preferred that you open after the shipping cut-off day though, unless you Santa specifies otherwise.  When you do open it, be sure to post pictures.
  • You must post pictures.  It's a huge bummer when someone gets a Summer Santa gift and doesn't acknowledge it.   It can be a potato picture, but post something just so everyone knows it got there.  Failure to post pictures will result in bans from future Secret/Summer Santas.
  • Sign up lasts until May 14th, 2016 to give a little more time to find stuff and packages must be shipped no later than July 9, 2016. 

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #2216 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 07:22:57 »
Maybe I should stop being sour for not getting a gift last time I joined and try again.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2217 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 07:26:12 »

On the last page! Should maybe be on the front page too.

SUMMER SANTA SIGNUP

Rules

Thank you, this really helped. Entered!

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2218 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 07:36:17 »
Thanks for taking on running a Secret Santa again Nubbs. I see that you're still using Google Docs and I appreciate all the time you'll spend organizing this. Hopefully you and swill or someone else can figure out a better way to facilitate these so they go smoother on your end. In any case, I'm excited as always to play Santa :D.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #2219 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 07:53:21 »
FYI..The link in the original post doesn't go to the signup post.

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #2220 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 07:55:01 »
FYI..The link in the original post doesn't go to the signup post.

This. Can't find the form.
| ISO |

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2221 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 08:04:01 »
It's really weird but the link for that exact post doesn't seem to be working. I'll send in a report to see if the mods can somehow fix it. Here's the post again.

SUMMER SANTA SIGNUP

Rules

And here's the signup link: SUMMER SANTA SIGNUP

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2222 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 08:06:59 »
It's really weird but the link for that exact post doesn't seem to be working. I'll send in a report to see if the mods can somehow fix it. Here's the post again.

SUMMER SANTA SIGNUP

Rules

And here's the signup link: SUMMER SANTA SIGNUP

Mmm, I entered through the link in Nubbs post. The one that was sent to me quoting me.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2223 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 08:09:51 »
No I meant if you linked to the post that nubbinator put the new info in. For example, here's a link to your post. That's not working for nubbinator's post with the info and that's why I quoted.

The Google Docs form link works fine.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #2224 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 08:48:57 »
It's really weird but the link for that exact post doesn't seem to be working.

Nubbinator broke the Internet.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #2225 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 09:19:42 »
**** put a lot of thought into my answers and now I'm late for work!
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2226 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 09:20:24 »
Im signed up  ;D

I think.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #2227 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 09:28:52 »
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2228 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 09:53:58 »
Hope I wrote enough so someone will know about me a bit more than just KEYBOARDS.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2229 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 10:05:06 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:27:26 by alienman82 »

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2230 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 10:16:40 »
So in bb
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2231 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 10:26:05 »
Singed up!

Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2232 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 10:30:23 »
I wish I could sign up this time around, but I think I'll wait for Secret Santa since I'll be in a more stable place by then.  :(

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2233 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:02:14 »
Singed up!

Hope the burn isn't too deep.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2234 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:06:46 »
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2235 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 15:51:44 »

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #2236 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 04:26:18 »
Signed up :) thanks nubbs

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
« Reply #2237 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 04:47:38 »
Signed up!  :thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2238 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 12:04:18 »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2239 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 12:06:33 »
I should definitely do this. $20 is finally okay to be spent. I'm not good at stalking, though.

EDIT: **** it. I'm in.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 April 2016, 12:10:44 by absyrd »
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2240 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 12:22:55 »
I should definitely do this. $20 is finally okay to be spent. I'm not good at stalking, though.

EDIT: **** it. I'm in.

Remember, $20 is a minimum for buying things.  If you're artistic or creative or can otherwise put together a well thought out gift that is meaningful and considerate and tailored to your person and it's under $20, that's fine too.

I just want to try and minimize freeloaders and low effort gifts since the spirit of Summer Santa is giving, not getting.  It seems like a select portion signs up to get, not to give.  I want people to remember that, in essence you're putting together a care package, not just a random gift.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 April 2016, 12:59:25 by nubbinator »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2241 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 13:54:01 »
I don't ever know how much time I'll have to be creative and thoughtful lately. I just wanted to make sure I could swing the minimum. That being said, I will put as much effort as possible into this as time allows.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #2242 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 14:04:21 »
Am I blind or does anybody else not know where the signup link is? x)

I'm excited to join my first .* Santa on GH!

EDIT:  Ah, found it.
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #2243 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 14:15:24 »
Am I blind or does anybody else not know where the signup link is? x)

I'm excited to join my first .* Santa on GH!

EDIT:  Ah, found it.

Haha, I couldn't find it either!  :eek:

but someone linked me. woo! So now I'll bump the link--

~~~~> HERE IS THE SIGNUP LINK <~~~~
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #2244 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 14:16:13 »
Good call ^

Just signed up!  :p
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2245 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 18:09:16 »
I'm in... Looks fun, like white elephant on Shack

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2246 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 18:13:17 »

White elephant is joke gifts.  These should be serious gifts.

« Reply #2247 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 19:32:56 »
checks post count....  :(

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2248 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 12:55:26 »

White elephant is... joke gifts?  I guess I was doing it wrong.

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
« Reply #2249 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 12:58:23 »

White elephant is... joke gifts?  I guess I was doing it wrong.

In our family we've made the rules to allow either a re-gifted item or something <$20. Can be a joke gift or not. There was a can of Spam and fruit cake that was passed around for a few years though  :))
TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE